Reply #2

Hi, I have tried this but it still tries to save as the
default which in this case is No, when I need it to save
as Yes
Many thanks anyway
John
PS I think by putting your suggestion in, it just hides
the alerts, but still keeps to the defaults.
0
anonymous (74717)

JohnUK wrote:
> Hi, I have tried this but it still tries to save as the
> default which in this case is No, when I need it to save
> as Yes
> Many thanks anyway
> John
> PS I think by putting your suggestion in, it just hides
> the alerts, but still keeps to the defaults.

If indeed you even see this, PLEASE do NOT change the subject line, POST
back to the original thread and QUOTE the post you are replying to.

Thank you.

Gordon Burgess-Parker
Director
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

0
gordonbp11 (453)

How to stop 1/2 from turning into a date
I have a user that wants to imput 1/2 into a field and it keeps defaulting to the date Jan-2 How do you stop that from happening? He does not want the date to show up. thanks! Format the cells(s) before entering the fraction i.e. Format, Cells, Number, Fraction (1/2) This should do it Peter >-----Original Message----- >I have a user that wants to imput 1/2 into a field and it >keeps defaulting to the date Jan-2 > >How do you stop that from happening? He does not want the >date to show up. thanks! >. > Either preformat the cell as Text or prefix the entry wi...

crc error #2
dear All, I am backing up the pst file of outlook 2002 . now I cannot copy - either with outlook backup utility or copying it simply- this file as "crc redunadancy error" appears. Can you suggest me how to recover this situation? thanks in advance. Enrico. Sounds like a bad sector on your hard disk. Try running Chkdsk /r from = a DOS prompt. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Enrico M asked: | ...

Assigning a value from 2 factors
Hi I need help setting up a formula that will look at 2 values; x (being P1(i), P1(ii), P2(i), P2(ii), P3(i), P4, P5, P6, P7, P8, L1C, L1B, L1A, L2C, L2B, (I thought this would probably be in a column P Score). Then look at the value y (which would determined whether the numerical value is <20, <40<60<80<100, for each of the possibilities that x could be. (Again I would have this in a column list - Percentage) The formula would then have to match from the 2 columns to assign a value from a third column. For example, x could be P2(ii) and y could be 42 which would assign the val...

replies undeliverable
All of a sudden my replies to messages get kicked back instantly as "System Undeliverable" and when I check details it reads something like 550 local host, not gateway. This is a recent problem. I have checked all my addresses and I don't have any SPA boxes checked. Could use some help with this if anyone has had the same problem. Thanks You probably need to set up authentication to your outgoing server, which can be done on the "Outgoing Server" tab for your account. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no ...

Postcard printing #2
Is there any way to print 8 standard size postcards on 11x17 paper? Assuming you want to stay within the 23� stamp size you could do it with a size of 5"x4" and have an overall margin of �". First do a Printer setup for 11"x17" card stock. Create a single work area of 5" width and 4" height. (You can select the smallest margins of your choice here) Pour forth your artistic creation of the card. (The following is for Publisher 2000) Now to print it (them) File Print Page options button Select "Print multiple copies" Select "C...

Cache Mode #2
Hope this makes sense.... Have set Group Policy to Empty the Deleted Items folder upon exiting without warning. Have set retention to 30 days. Works fine however when users in cache mode try to recover items they do not re-appear in the deleted items folders as they should. Take them out of cache mode everything works fine. Now, it maybe easy to blame cache mode accept this doesn't happen to admins or help desk people with admin rights on the local machines, just end users, specifically power users. We find it necessary to use cache mode for numerous reasons, we also find it nec...

Export #2
Hi, How to export only the perticular group users. Regards Mustafa What sort of information do you need? "Mohammed Mustafa" <mohammed.mustafa@kharafinational.com> wrote in message news:OwKSDO$yGHA.3568@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > How to export only the perticular group users. > > Regards > Mustafa > See "IMI GAL Exporter" - http://www.imibo.com/imidev/Exchange/imige.htm "Mohammed Mustafa" <mohammed.mustafa@kharafinational.com> wrote in message news:OwKSDO$yGHA.3568@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > How ...

How do you enable Auto-Reply to send a reply more than once?
We have a requirement for a "Delivery to Outlook Client" confirmation be delivered to the originator each time they request it using a keyword in the subject line. The reply is generated as a Client-side rule using a template to reply. The default settings on the Exchange Server (2003) will only permit this to be sent to an originator once, so the rule works the first time, but not again until the client is restarted. Is there a way to get the Exchange server to send out the confirmation everytime, i.e., not have the server remember who has received a reply in the past? This &quo...

Exchange 2007 Beta 2 question
Hi I have the mailbox, CA, hub and UM on one server. I am trying to create a new email life cycle policy, but the option to do this cannot be found. I right click on the mailbox icon in EMC under "organization" but the option is not listed. The only listed options are. Also the tab in ESM for this is not there New address list New managed custom folder new managed fodler mailbox policy new offline address list On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 13:58:02 -0700, skip <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi > >I have the mailbox, CA, hub and UM on one server. I am trying to...

2 X 2 Splitter Windows #2
What is wrong with the following code? I am trying to create a 2 X 2 splitter window. It should look like this. CMyTreeView | CMyListView __________________|___________________ | CPictureView | CDetailView It compiles correctly but when I run it I get an error in the WinSplit routine of MFC. if(!m_wndSplitterWnd1.CreateStatic(this,1,2)) return FALSE; if(!m_wndSplitterWnd1.CreateView(0,0, RUNTIME_CLASS(CMyTreeView), CSize(0,0), pContext)) return FALSE; if(!m_wndSplitterWnd2.CreateStatic(&m_wn...

Blocking Out of Office replies to Internet
Hi, I know the default on Exchange 2000 is to not allow Out of Office replies outside the Exchange organization. I am taking some flak from "Power Users" who say they need this functionality. My arguements for not turning it on are 1. Potential message looping 2. Spammers can validate the existance of valid email addresses. Does anyone have any concrete locations of official policy (e.g. Micorsoft KBs, security best practices) on this issue so I can direct my management to? Thanks I don't think you'll find a Best Practice, as this really pertains more to company need. ...

Classes for RMS 2.0
I would like to take classes for RMS 2.0 but cannot find anything through Microsoft. Does anyone know where I can find a listing? Cargas (www.cargas.com) located in Pittsburgh, PA offers a 2 day course in RMS Store Operations, cost is $ 1,400.00. They also offer a 2 day course in RMS Headquarters, same price. I took the store ops course and found it well worth the investment. Kinnard Kinnard L. Kohler P. O. Box 3332 Little Rock, AR 72203-3332 (T) 501-374-3636 (F) 501-375-0043 (C) 501-412-5686 (E-Mail) kinnardkohler@sbcglobal.net "Davidjc52" wrote: > I would like to take...

2 workbooks open
Hi - A co-worker created a spreadsheet - over the course of a few weeks, several tabs were added. Recently, when I received the spreadsheet via email, 2 identical workbooks opened. The 1st workbook was called 'Data (1)' and the 2nd was called 'Data (2)'. There wasn't a macro on either spreadsheet - I'm at a loss to why 2 identical workbooks opened. Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated. Regards, Close the second instance of the Workbook and then Save the file. Meg wrote: > Hi - > > A co-worker created a spreadsheet - over the cou...

An auto reply to an auto reply!

CHART #2
How come...when I create a chart with 2 variables??? One of my variables are times from 6PM to Midnight. But, accross the X axis, the TIME variable, the times show up from 1 to 50.. NOT 6PM to 12AM, as I would like. Please RSVP Hello Try right clicking on the X axis labels and choose Format x axis, Number and select hh:mm. You can also reduce the font size. 50 variables seems a lot for a chart though. I did not get this problem with a few data points. Regards Peter >-----Original Message----- >How come...when I create a chart with 2 variables??? > >One of my variables ...

Auto moving cells #2
We use Excel 2002 XP at work, and im trying to find out if its possible to get excel to auto move a cell to the next column. The spread sheet is setout with 5 columns and is about 20 rows down. Each cell has a number in it (which is the number of each till in the store). This gets change quite a few times each week and as they are all in alphabetical order, if a number needs adding or removed, we have to keep doing it buy insert shit cells down etc, then the problem is since its only 20 rows down 1 cell will move on to row 21. Would it be possible to make excel auto maticall move this cell...

40 column receipt #2
Hi All, I am customizing my 40 column receipt I want to do something like <ROW> "This Coupon Expires on : " Transaction.Date + 15 </ROW> I would like to see (Transaction.Date + 15) in date format right now it prints some number. How do I do that? OR is their any better way to this? Thanks ...

date in text format #2
I'm trying to do a mail merge in Publisher than has a date field. It converts it to text - and becomes a 5 digit number.Publisher is very limited in terms of mail merge power (unlike Word - but I can't use Word due to Text boxes and needing to get several on a page) . I then decided I'd convert the date field in excel into Text, so then Publisher would then read it in the correct format. However, I can't get away from the 5 digit number. I've read everything I can find about date and text. I"ve tried copy and "paste as values", etc - and I get the 5 di...

REPLY TO MANY WITH SAME REPLY
I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO REPLY TO MANY SEPARATE EMAILS WITH THE SAME ANSWER. LIKE HIGHLIGHT THE ONES THAT NEED THE SAME ANSWER, CLICK ON REPLY TO ALL AND HAVE THEM APPEAR IN BLIND COPY AND SUPPLY ONE ANSWER THAT WOULD BE DISTRIBUTED TO ALL. POSSIBLE? MICROSOFT 2003 "SALLY" <SALLY @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:645EC1BC-38F0-46AB-A1A8-83E0F34EBC14@microsoft.com... >I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO REPLY TO MANY SEPARATE EMAILS WITH THE SAME > ANSWER. LIKE HIGHLIGHT THE ONES THAT NEED THE SAME ANSWER, CLICK ON REPLY > TO > ALL AND HAVE THEM APP...

replies to email not marked with reply icon
In O2k Outlook, replies to emails are usually marked with an appropriate icon with a red arrow. I no longer see these "reply Icons" on emails I have replied to. I have not loaded any additional software other than windows update. Any suggestions? Duke ...

Synchronizing 2 machines: Avoiding double downloading
I just converted from Outlook Express to Outlook 2002. I want to keep my home & work machines synchronized, and I don't want to download email twice from the POP3 server. (But I want to keep the message on the server for a few days in case anything crashes.) I plan to copy the *.pst files to a flash drive & take that back & forth with me between home & work, backing up & restoring as appropriate. My question is how to prevent Outlook from downloading messages a second time. OE would do this correctly (sometimes!). Is there a way to get Outlook to do this? ...

error C2440 #2
error C2440: 'static_cast' : cannot convert from 'int (__thiscall CButtonSSL::* )(void)' to 'LRESULT (__thiscall CWnd::* ) (WPARAM,LPARAM)' error C2440: 'static_cast' : cannot convert from 'LRESULT (__thiscall CButtonSSL::* )(WPARAM)' to 'LRESULT (__thiscall CWnd::* ) (WPARAM,LPARAM)' Can any one help me to fix this bug udhay Udhay schrieb: > error C2440: 'static_cast' : cannot convert from 'int (__thiscall > CButtonSSL::* )(void)' to 'LRESULT (__thiscall CWnd::* ) > (WPARAM,LPARAM)' One of your messaged han...

3 password failures in RMS 2.0 sp2?
Hi all, This seems to be a simple issue but I cannot find the answer to this one. We have a client who is upgrading to 2.0 sp2 and they want to set logins to 3 failures. I believe 2.0 defaults to 6. Where are the settings for this? Thank You. ...

archiving #2
Can someone share the process for archiving Exchange mail messages and then how to restore them? Thanks ...

word document, 2 column, repeat data in column 1 on all pages, us.
I would like to create a letter template, 2 column format, where column 1 information is repeated on all pages (similar to a header/footer), and column 2 would contain narrative data. As paragraphs are written and the first page is filled, the narration would continue onto page 2, in column 2. Put the "column 1" information in a text box or frame anchored to the header. See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/AnchorToHeader.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Stumped" <Stumped@d...