Replacing an OLE picture's picture property

I've been designing a catalog for my home movies. When the user uses a
dropdown down menu, selects the title, it reads a synopsis and image
name to display for that movie. Its an OLE picture object , but each
time a new movie is selected, the code inserts another image (doesn't
replace the existing image). My problem is that I can't figure out how
to access the .picture property of the OLE object.

is this question too vague?

Hi Bdcrisp,

> I've been designing a catalog for my home movies. When the user uses a
> dropdown down menu, selects the title, it reads a synopsis and image
> name to display for that movie. Its an OLE picture object , but each
> time a new movie is selected, the code inserts another image (doesn't
> replace the existing image). My problem is that I can't figure out how
> to access the .picture property of the OLE object.

I'd guess it's the OLEObject.Object.Picture that you're looking for.

Regards

Stephen Bullen
Microsoft MVP - Excel
www.BMSLtd.co.uk

For the most timely access to the newsgroups, use Outlook Express to
connect to msnews.microsoft.com

Hi Bdcrisp,

> is this question too vague?

No, but while the response time from the volunteers in the newsgroups
is usually very good, it's customary to wait more than and hour and a
half before asking again <g>.

Regards

Stephen Bullen
Microsoft MVP - Excel
www.BMSLtd.co.uk

For the most timely access to the newsgroups, use Outlook Express to
connect to msnews.microsoft.com

find and replace hyperlink?
Hi, I want to globally find and replace the contents of a hyperlink with a new hyperlink. For example, I want this Jul.xls#'Title Page'!A1 to be replaced with Aug.xls#'Title Page'!A1 I can't seem to find a way do it. Is there a way? Thank you, Mike Take a look at David McRitchie's site: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm look for: Fix Hyperlinks (#FixHyperlinks) If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm me wrote: > > Hi, I want to g...

Replace word in sentence function...
I have the following function which replaces a word in a sentence with "....." =REPLACE(I2,SEARCH(E2,I2),LEN(E2),".....") Where the word is E2 and the sentence is I2. At the moment, if the word is "work" and the sentence is "I worked at home" I get the sentence "I .....ed at home". Any ideas how I could capture any remaining letters at the end of the word and get the result "I ..... at home"? I'd greatly appreciate your help. Thanks in advance, Chris can you upload example, would be easier to view -- Message posted from h...

Picture > Organization chart
I tried to use the Organization Chart and it tell's me that Excel can't open the application. That the feature is not currently installed. I tried to install and it gives me an error message that the feature is on an unavailable network, try \\Anchor-bdc2\backup\office2000\DATA1.MSI Installer error 1603 Sounds like the IT person installed from a network that needed a password. Without the password, you can't connect. You have to get them back to install the entire package, not just the few bits they think you need. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Tech...

Replacing Powerpoint 97 SR-2 on M/S Office 97 Pro Edit on Win XP
I dread asking this in case someone descends on me like a ton of bricks and says the answer is in the posts already! - but i I have never used the PP 97 which came with the MS Office 97 Pro Edit I have installed on my computer which uses Win XP with Ser Pack 3. I am about to embark on using PowerPoint for the FIRST time and wonder whether I should, before anything else, acquire a more up to date version first - and one that will work problem free with my XP - which version should I go for and will it, on loading, overwrite and replace the Powpoint I already have and still operat...

Search and replace problem
Hi, I have an Excel worksheets where in several cell's a symbol was added to mark the cell's "to review". The symbol used was "(*)". I have tried now to delete all the entries with a "search and replace", but Excel interpretes the asterisk as a DOS-symbol and deletes everythng between brackets. Is there a way to avoid that or to let Excel know that I only want to delete the specific characters. TIA Melissa It's because it is a wildcard, you can replace it by preceding it with a tilde ~ which tell Excel to find an asterisk in find what p...

replace a negative result with a zero?
I have my formula entered but need it to return a zero if the result is negative. Any help is greatly appreciated. -- Pam Well, what is the formula that you are using? You could try this: =3DMAX(your_formula,0) to replace your_formula. Hope this helps. Pete On Apr 19, 5:17=A0pm, Pam2277 <Pam2...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have my formula entered but need it to return a zero if the result is > negative. =A0Any help is greatly appreciated. > -- > Pam Hi, =if(your formula<0,0,your formula) "Pam2277" wrote: > ...

Selective Replace in Search and Replace
I need to search and replace in a large document. I don't want to replace the entire search term/expression just part of it. In this case I am searching for a paragraph return followed by any letter (not digit) and then want to change that to paragraph/tab but keep the letter. The search looks like this ^p^$ but naturally if replace is ^p^t I lose the first letter of the text string which I don't want How can I construct either search and replace so that ^p Alexander turns into ^p ^tAlexander and not ^p ^tlexander Thanks in a...

Unable to get the Interior property of the PlotArea class
Hi, I'm using Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel and VB.Net with ASP.Net to create an Excel workbook with an Excel chart in a worksheet. Most of the code works that I developed in VBA. The chart is created. But, it fails to find any properties or methods of the PlotArea class. Even though they are "available" in the context menu. This line works: xlApp.ActiveChart.ChartArea.Border.LineStyle = 0 But this fails: xlApp.ActiveChart.PlotArea.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone with the error message "Unable to get the Interior property of the PlotArea class" (xlNone is a constant) ...

Replace wildcards with a space
I have a text field with all values containing an asterisk. The asterisk can be located anywhere within the contents. I am trying to replace the asterisk with a space. I will then use TRIM to remove any spaces at the beginning of the text. I have been unable to get an update query to work. When my criteria is like "~[*}", Access says that 0 rows will be updated. When the criteria is [*], I am asked to enter a parameter value. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks - bkh Barbara wrote: >I have a text field with all values containing an aste...

Replace more characters using replace
Hi I have number of characters in a string, that I like to replace with "nothing". I use a code like this: Sub test() Dim a As String a = "Jan+& Per" a = Replace(a, " ", "") a = Replace(a, "&", "") a = Replace(a, "+", "") MsgBox a End Sub As I have about 15 characters, that all should be replaced with nothing, I am looking ofr another way to it. Something like Sub test() Dim a As String a = "Jan+& Per" a = Replace(a, {" ",...

Order By On Load property
Hi, I was wondering if someone could tell me the purpose of the Order By On Load property for a form, report, or query. I have read through a Help topic which says : " If you want the last-applied sort order to be automatically applied the next time that you open the object, set the Order By On Load property to Yes." If I save an object with the last-applied sort order, it always opens the last way it was sorted, regardless of what this property is set to. If I apply a sort, and do not save the object, the sort is not displayed the next time, even if this property is set to ...

Replacing old Windows XP and Outlook Express with new Windows 7
How do I export the contents and settings out of Outlook Express and import the accounts, settings and emails into Windows Live Mail on another machine? For messages: Copy the *ENTIRE* OE message store folder to flash or CD. (Folders.dbx must be included). Place this on the Desktop or other location on the machine using WLMail. Open WLMail and: File | Import | Messages | Microsoft Outlook Express 6 and point to where you saved it. For Addresses: Open the Address Book in OE and File | Export | Address Book (wab) and save it to the Desktop. Copy to flash or CD. Place this on the...

Do you want to replace the contents of
When my macro runs, it stops after this procdure and asks "Do you want to replace the contents ofthe destination cells" is there something I can add that will automatically tell it yes? Here is the part of the macro that it stops on. Selection.TextToColumns Destination:=Range("C1"), DataType:=xlDelimited, _ TextQualifier:=xlDoubleQuote, ConsecutiveDelimiter:=False, Tab:=False, _ Semicolon:=False, Comma:=False, Space:=False, Other:=True, OtherChar _ :="/", FieldInfo:=Array(Array(1, 1), Array(2, 1), Array(3, 1)) Thanks H...

Using a Fixed List in Custom Properties
I put a variable Prop.Sex in Custom Properties, with ="M;F". In trying to use the property, I'm getting nowhere. I want to change the line color of the shape with this property, so I enter, for line color, =if(Prop.Sex="M",3,4) -- or whatever colors I choose. However, when I change the sex, the line color doesn't change. String comparisons in Visio's ShapeSheet are not obvious, and you can't just use "=". Don't feel bad about missing this, it's black-magic-obscurity. You need to use the StrSame function, i.e.: If(StrSame(Prop.Sex, &...

How do I replace just a few characters?
Hello, I have an excel worksheet with a street name column. I need to rename some names from "Main Street" to "Main St". I can do it for one name easily with find and replace, but how do I make it work for an entire column of different names such as "Easy Street" and "Main Street". If I do find "* Street" and replace with "* ST" I get "* ST" for the output instead of "Easy ST" What am I missing? -- Tomsriv ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Tomsriv's Profile: http:/...

VBA to find filename and replace
Hi I just found the answer to "Find and Replace in VBA" and tried to adapt it for what I'm doing, but it's more difficult so I need some help please. I have multiple worksheets in an excel 2007 workbook - a monthly report. Within the worksheets I have many cells that link to last months workbooks - (i.e I compare last month figures to this months figures). I need the macro to do the following: - Create an Input box for the user to "enter the name ofTHE OLD months workbook" - Create an Input box for the user to "enter the name of THE NEW mont...

Add path of a picture to database
I'm trying to add a button to form in the database that I use for employee records. The button should have to open a regular dialog box to let me choose the picture of an employee. I need to store only the path. What should I do ? I tried several ways but could not succeeded. Thank you very much in advance. Gokhan ® Check this link on "Handle/Display images in forms/database" http://www.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0030.htm -- Good Luck BS"D "Gokhan ®" wrote: > I'm trying to add a button to form in the database that I use for employee > ...

Replacing Character
I need to replace/delete the " >" character at the end of a number... when the data was brought into the excel 1234> was the number that cam it happens in about 7000 lines any suggestions on how to replace it with a blank?? thank -- tico31p ----------------------------------------------------------------------- tico31pl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1040 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46572 Select the range to fix. Edit|Replace what: " >" (without the quotes with: (leav...

Replacing A Column Of Numbers
Hello, New user of Excel 2007, and Excel in general. Should be simple, but I just can't figure out how. Have a column of numbers in Column A In Column B (row 1)I have the formula of what's in A (row 1) multiplied by 1000 And I have dragged this formula downwards, so I now have in each row B what is in the same row in Column A multiplied by 1000. So far, all is fine. Now, I want to replace what's in Column A by the newly generated values in Column B (row by row replacement) I can't just Cut out everything in Column A, as B then disappears, as, I'v...

Pictures for a Publication
I'm printing up yearbooks and have a question on pictures. When the schools send me the whole yearbook setup, the file is so large that it takes forever to spool and print the job. I got around the problem by grouping the objects per page and creating a jpeg then replace the page with the jpeg image. This works great for picture clarity but any Wordart images or text has pixelation around the image. Also, I tried changing each page into a PDF but sometimes it drops pictures out so I don't trust using this method. It's OK for this year but I would like to educate the people tha...

Signature Pictures Not Showing Up.
When I create my signature with my photo and logo it shows up as blank with a red 'x' when I open to start a new email message. Does anyone know how to get it so the picture and logo show up? Maybe the file that had your picture is not accessible for some reason (maybe it was deleted). Look in the: Documents and Settings\{user}\Application Data\Microsoft\Signatures folder for a subfolder containing the images for the signature file you have selected in Tools/Options/Mail Format/Signatures. The picture needs to be there for Outlook to grab it for new email messages. ...

Placing picture in background
How do I put a business logo (jpg) in the background of posters, etc.? I can insert the logo, but not get it in the background with the text printed over it. A couple of ways. Put the logo on the master page (ctrl + m) or select the logo, click the wrap icon (looks like a dog), click none. Do the same with the text, but with the text bring to the front (arrange menu) -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Dennisb" <Dennisb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F85ABEEF-CEC1-42DC-8F95-CA3D1CFE...

Open file thru OLE Object "Long Binary Data"
This file was maintained thru Delphi application and I wan to re-create it thru MSAccess. Problem: From the attached file "Sliced1/Attachments" I have three fields. Field: Fault Number (Number) Field: FileName (Text) Field: AttchFile (OLE Object) My idea: Save the OLE Object in a TempFolder as TmpFile Rename the TmpFile based on the Field:FileName Open the File >>> IF changed upon closure replace the object in the Field:AttchFile >>> Also a litle help on how to save file on that table I read the ShellExecute Explanation & Samples but too complex for me. &#...

Find / Replace
In a field, I would like to update all instances of "Daily Billing" to "Rental Payment - Daily Billing". The Replace function works the first time, but when I add data to the file, and run the query again, it updates the fields which have already been upated to "Rental Payment - Rental Payment - Daily Billing". I can see why it is doing this, but is there a way for the update query to look at just the first 11 characters of the field and only perform the update if it finds the "Daily Billing" text there? Thanks. Use "Daily Billing" as ...

Replacing an OLE picture's picture property
I've been designing a catalog for my home movies. When the user uses a dropdown down menu, selects the title, it reads a synopsis and image name to display for that movie. Its an OLE picture object , but each time a new movie is selected, the code inserts another image (doesn't replace the existing image). My problem is that I can't figure out how to access the .picture property of the OLE object. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Availab...