Repeating Rows and Columns on each page of print out

I have a problem formatting my report in the way I would like to.

I want to repeat the top 10 rows and the first 4 columns of my report on
each page when I print it (therefore the text I want repeated makes an upside
down L shape)

I know that I need to do the following:

Rows to repeat: $1:$10
Columns to repeat: $A:$D

However, the report 'headings' in the first 10 rows include merged cells
(e.g I merge 6A - 6T).  This causes a problem in the printed version of the
report, as any header text which is not 'alligned' with columns A-D will not
appear on any page other than the first page.

Only the text alligned with columns A-D is repeted on each page - the other
text that I want to see from the first 10 rows is not vissible

Is it possible to get round this without using the actual 'Headers' facility?

Thanks in advance
0
brucem (5)

Actually the best bet is to not merge cells.
Really I think all of us have been bit by some of the oddities which happen
when you merge.

"BruceM" wrote:

> I have a problem formatting my report in the way I would like to.
>
> I want to repeat the top 10 rows and the first 4 columns of my report on
> each page when I print it (therefore the text I want repeated makes an upside
> down L shape)
>
> I know that I need to do the following:
>
> Rows to repeat: $1:$10
> Columns to repeat: $A:$D
>
> However, the report 'headings' in the first 10 rows include merged cells
> (e.g I merge 6A - 6T).  This causes a problem in the printed version of the
> report, as any header text which is not 'alligned' with columns A-D will not
> appear on any page other than the first page.
>
> Only the text alligned with columns A-D is repeted on each page - the other
> text that I want to see from the first 10 rows is not vissible
>
> Is it possible to get round this without using the actual 'Headers' facility?
>
> Thanks in advance
0
BJ (832)

Printing has stopped
In Access 2000, I created a menubar for a form with a print option. The function which prints the form has the following code: DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acEditMenu, 8, , acMenuVer70 DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, , 8, , acMenuVer70 This used to work and I know why it doesn't now, but I don't know how to fix it. In a previous posting to this group "Wrong Record Being Updated" 11/21/07 The solution to the earlier problem was to place the code Cancel = True into the before update event. It is this code that stops the form printing. Any help in getting ar...

Repeating cell-contents
A1 contains "Smith" A53 contains "Jones" A459 contains "Smith" A1072 contains "Peterson" A23405 contains "Smith" A45234 contains "Samantha" What formula can I use to put: "Smith" in B1 thru B52 blanks in B53 thru B458 "Smith" in B459 thru B1071 blanks in A1072 thru B23404 "Smith" in A23405 thru B45233 blanks in A45234 thru A65536 Thanks, Gary Hi Gary try the following: In B1 enter =A1 in B2 enter =IF(A2="",B1,IF(B1="",A2,"")) and ...

Text to Rows
Hi, I am newbie in excel Macros. I have a macro that works well if used on a cell. BUT if I want to run it on every cell within a Range, I get an error - "Invalid, Next control Variable reference". Please help. see below Sub NewOne() Dim x As Integer Dim y As Integer ' Hardcoded range A1 to C2 NumRows = Range("A1", "A2").Rows.Count NumCols = Range("A1", "C1").Cols.Count Range("A1").Select For x = 1 To NumRows Step 1 For y = 1 To NumCols Step 1 'Text to multiple ro...

Printing separate reports
Someone was nice to put this code out there. The code works but I need to print by month also. In the query field i'm trying to filter the month using a combo box on a form with forms!frmexceptprint!combo1. I the error msg is: too few parameters expected 1. Can someone help? Private Sub cmd_Report_Click Dim strSQL as string, strCriteria as string Dim rs as DAO.Recordset strSQL = "SELECT DISTINCT CustomerID FROM qry_Reports" set rs = currentdb.openrecordset(strSQL,,dbfailonerror) 'loop through all of the customers While not rs.eof ...

How to show all tasks on one page in PWA
How to show all tasks on one page I have a team member who is assigned more then 100 tasks and he wants to show them all on one page in vertical scrolling... how can i achieve this...i tried increasing the pixel in web part to certain height but it only increases the white area not the actual tasks and takss appears on 3 pages .... please help the view is My assignments - My tasks. Hi Imram, Is 'Show Only Current Tasks' activated and 'Expand All' deactivated? That can shorten a long list. You can’t change the web part in the way you want to, I am afra...

excel press enter to make active on 1st colum in new row
lets say I have 10 colums in a worksheet, when in colum 10 of row, i want to automatically go to colum 1 of row 2 Enter the following in Worksheet code: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Intersect(Range("J:J"), Target) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub End If Cells(Target.Row + 1, 1).Select End Sub After an entry is made in column 10, we move back to column 1 the next row down. REMEMBER: Worksheet code. -- Gary''s Student gsnu200711 "Greg" wrote: > lets say I have 10 colums in a worksheet, when in colum 10 of row, i want to > auto...

Hide multiple rows when particular cell is zero
Hi All, Can anyone tell me how I can hide multiple rows when a particular cell is zero? It has to go automaticly, so no buttons... When D37=0, hide rows 37-48 When D49=0, hide rows 49-58 When D59=0, hide rows 59-68 When D69=0, hide rows 69-78 When D79=0, hide rows 79-88 etcetera. How can help me with this macro?? Thanks in advanced. Best regards, BL Hi, What should happen if e.g. D38 = 0? Maybe this applied to the desired sheet: Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Dim a, rng As Range Set rng = Range("D37:D1000") For Each a In rng ...

When I click on the tabs, I get a page icon and all is stuck
I was just asked to help a lady in the office, that I helped copy a excel file from one computer to her computer. I was able to open the file and as soon as I tried to click on the tabs (sheets) on the bottom, the mouse pointer had a little page attached to it, and everything was frozen. I hope one of you wonderful experts out here can help me with this problem. BTW, when I tried to x out of the file, I got a whatever the European sign is for not enter, I know I'm not good as describing the problem, maybe one of you is a mindreader as well.Many many thanks in advance.........Peter When ...

Printing a Repeated Section Messege like "Continued"
Setting the repeated section property in a report (Access 2007) to Yes, writes the section Heading on the next page when the detail section is not complete at the page break. I would like the bottom of the first page to print "Continued on Next Page" and/or the top of the second page to say "Continued from ...)" so the report reader knows the details are part of the previous section on the previous page, and not in an entriely new section of the report. Can this be done dynamically in a report, since some pages naturally break when a section ends and other pag...

copying and pasting only non-hidden rows
Would anybody know how to copy an entire worksheet and paste values only to a new worksheet and include only visible rows (do not include hidden rows) Thanks, Jason Jason, you can do it with a macro, here is one way Sub Macro1() ActiveSheet.UsedRange.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Copy Sheets("Sheet2").Select Range("A1").Select ActiveSheet.Paste End Sub -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 97 & 2000 ** r...

JPG Picture not Printing
Advice please. I am preparing an event programme in booklet form using Publisher 2003; a programme which I frequently use. The middle two pages are devoted to a map diagram showing the layout of the event. This has been prepared professionally and converted into a JPG formatted picture. When I insert the picture into the two pages and resize to fit it is displayed perfectly on the two page view of the Publisher screen. However, when I display using the print preview button all I see is a blank page. When I print out the paper is also blank. I have tried various permutations of tools ...

Repeating rows dont repeat fully when columns also repeat
I am repeating rows 1 through 4 and columns A through D. At least that is what I'm trying to do. On page two, the columns repeat but then the rows do not (beyond columns A through D). Is there a way to make it so that they both repeat? In re-reading the above, I'm not sure I'm making myself clear. Assume that XX's represent the repeating rows and ZZ's represent the repeating columns. This is what I'd like to see: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX ZZZZZZZZZZZ YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ZZZZZ...

Catalog pages not coming out right
When I print a catalog from Publisher (one of their premade ones) how do I make it print one side of the page then stop so I can turn the pages over and continue so there are no blank pages? I am assuming you are not using Publisher 2007. If you are post back. The directions are much different in Publisher 2007. View, turn off two page spread. Page one, print, current page, click no to the query. Turn the page over, go to page two, print, current page, click no to the query and so on. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft....

qry for Excel report with weekly data in a vertical column
tblArea AreaID area tblHeadEnd HeadEndID AreaID headend tblRouter RouterID HeadEndID router tblPorts PortID RouterID tblTransmitter TransmitterID PortID transmitter PortID RouterID tblNodes NodeID transmitterID tblNodeNamesID NodeID ParentNodeName date created tblUtilization utilID NodeID percentage Date The report shows weekly utilization data for an ISP. This structure is 1:M in the areas to the headend. The headend has 1:m routers, each router has 1:M ports. The transmitter can have either 1:1 to nodes or 1:M . The nodeNames table is for th...

Event Sinks and Printing
I have a somewhat unique issue, I think. I want to be able to take all mail received to a specific mailbox, print it, and delete the message after printing. Does anyone have a sample script I can use to do this? Also, the users would be coming through a terminal session to execute the printing. When they hit print, we are going to pass it through our print servers which will strip off the header information and email it to their mailboxes. Once it gets there, it should automatically print to their printer. Can I tie this event to their particular terminal session and the printer t...

random numbers, how can you utilize it without repeating them
How can you use random numbers without repeating them on a worksheet? The way it is set up now is, example: =RANDBETWEEN(1,8) I would like to be able to use the random between but I don't want the numbers to repeat themselves within the worksheet. Any suggestions or Ideas? http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/randint.html -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "RS" <RS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75427E72-3EAA-4105-A65B-53F0F1213414@microsoft.com... > How can you use random numbers without repeating them on a worksheet? The >...

blank lines in column data
I want to make a simple pie chart with 2 colums of data. One column is the names and the other is the data. However, there are blank spaces in the columns. Can I get excel to ignore these blanks. Of course they don't show up in the pie since they have no value but the legend still has a spot for them. Perhaps it is just a matter of getting them out of the category labels. apples 50 bannanas 20 oranges 70 grapes 10 The manual way I have used is to only select the cells with data. But if the data changes and other cells become non-blank then I have ...

Create rows from a lookup
Hi all, I have 2 worksheets containing data that I need to combine, by creating rows WS1 has product data in the range of: Product_ID Name price Options_Ref 1 Product 1 10.00 18 2 Product 2 15.00 25 3 Product 3 5.00 18 4 Product 4 20.00 7 WS2 has the option list data such as: Options_Ref Option_Description 7 Red 7 Blue 18 12" 18 14" 18 16" 25 ...

Creating a Formula to Format Column automatically? #2
Oh, and is it possible to get the data range across the row highlighte in the same color...i.e. "IF COLUMN D = JOE BLOW, THEN COLOR OF ROW GREEN" -- bludovic ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bludovico's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1480 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26434 Select rows to be formatted. Format>Conditional Formatting>Formula is =$D1="joe blow" Pick a green color from Format>Pattern and OK Click Add to add another conditio...

Macro for changing number of rows
Hello - So I'm a little less experienced than I thought. Below is my table. Item Rate 1 Rate 2 A 0.60% 0.30% B 0.50% 0.40% C 0.50% 0.70% E 0.30% 0.30% F 0.20% 0.50% Below is my Macro: Sub Ordering_Macro() ' ' Ordering_Macro Macro ' ' ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1").AutoFilter.Sort.SortFields.Clear ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1").AutoFilter.Sort.SortFields.Add Key:=Range _ ("C2:C6"), SortOn:=xlSortOnValues, Order:=xlDescending, DataOption:= _ xlSortNormal ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1").AutoFilt...

printing multiple part labels
Hello. Have a situation in which there is a mainform, a tabcontrol on the mainform, and a subform on a tabcontrol (the many). What is displayed in the subform are the parts (part numbers, etc) associated with the mainform device. There comes a time when a part number label is printed out for each of the subform parts. If there are many rows, the user needs to print one label at a time. What I am trying to do is have the user do a multi-select on the record selectors of the subform and then print all that was selected. The single part works fine. The user clicks the Print L...

repeating cells in footer in excel
I need prepare a form with many lines. In this form I need to provide a footer (with a group of cells) for approvement. Even I can select cells to repeat in every page header there is no such a feature for footers. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http:...

Printing blank rows
I have spreadsheets that'll print 1600 pages unless I set a print area. This is even though only a few rows have data. What causes this and how can I correct it without setting a print area? There's no white fonts or pictures or anything else I can see in most of these cells. I can delete the rows or delete everything that might be in the cells - no change. My data changes a lot so i'm afraid if I set a print area I might skip a new row or print more blanks than I need. Printing blanks looks ugly too. Hi Brandi, See my page http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/lastcell.htm#ma...

Plan Plus printing
Is there a way to wrap text when you print the caleder from plan plus ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Have you asked the Plan Plus folks? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Mark <Mark.xo7wy@outlookforum.com> asked: | Is there a way to wrap tex...

Transposing Columns to Rows
Hi all, I have been trying to figure this out, but with no luck. What I have is a table with data: Letter String A STR1 A STR2 A STR3 A STR4 B STR5 B STR6 etc What I would like to get it into a table, but organized this way: Letter Strings A STR1, STR2, STR3, STR4 B STR5, STR6 etc I have looked at pivot tables and Crosstab queries, but can=92t figure this out. I was playing with some code, but couldn=92t decide if I need a For Each Loop, or a While Not.EOF. Any help would be greatly...