Repeating data on matching cells

When the data column C matches the data in column A, I need the data
in columns C and D to be repeated for all matching rows.

For example:

This is my data:

      a               b           c                   d
009701449-2 071712 009701449-2 071712
009701449-2 071712 009701452-4 008710
009701449-2 071712 009701455-7 008710
009701449-2 071712 009701460-1 008710
009701449-2 071712 009701465-6 058617
009701449-2 071712 009701467-8 059602
009701452-4 008710 009701468-9 059602
009701452-4 008710
009701455-7 008710
009701455-7 008710
009701460-1 008110
009701465-6 058617
009701465-6 058617
009701465-6 058617
009701465-6 058617
009701465-6 058617
009701465-6 058617
009701465-6 058617
009701465-6 058617
009701465-6 058617
009701465-6 058617
009701465-6 058617
009701467-8 059602
009701467-8 059602
009701467-8 059602
009701467-8 059602
009701467-8 059602
009701467-8 059602
009701467-8 059602
009701467-8 059602
009701467-8 059602
009701468-9 059002

      a               b           c                   d
009701449-2 071712 009701449-2 071712
009701449-2 071712 009701449-2 071712
009701449-2 071712 009701449-2 071712
009701449-2 071712 009701449-2 071712
009701449-2 071712 009701449-2 071712
009701449-2 071712 009701449-2 071712
009701452-4 071712 009701452-4 008710
009701452-4 071712 009701452-4 008710
009701455-7 071712 009701455-7 008710
009701455-7 071712 009701455-7 008710
009701460-1 071712 009701460-1 008710
009701465-6 071712 009701465-6 058617
009701465-6 071712 009701465-6 058617
009701465-6 071712 009701465-6 058617
009701465-6 071712 009701465-6 058617
009701465-6 071712 009701465-6 058617
009701465-6 071712 009701465-6 058617
009701465-6 071712 009701465-6 058617
009701465-6 071712 009701465-6 058617
009701465-6 071712 009701465-6 058617
009701465-6 071712 009701465-6 058617
009701465-6 071712 009701465-6 058617
009701467-8 071712 009701467-8 059602
009701467-8 071712 009701467-8 059602
009701467-8 071712 009701467-8 059602
009701467-8 071712 009701467-8 059602
009701467-8 071712 009701467-8 059602
009701467-8 071712 009701467-8 059602
009701467-8 071712 009701467-8 059602
009701467-8 071712 009701467-8 059602
009701467-8 071712 009701467-8 059602
009701468-9 071712 009701468-9 059602

How can I do this?
0
GARY

Repeating cell-contents
A1 contains "Smith" A53 contains "Jones" A459 contains "Smith" A1072 contains "Peterson" A23405 contains "Smith" A45234 contains "Samantha" What formula can I use to put: "Smith" in B1 thru B52 blanks in B53 thru B458 "Smith" in B459 thru B1071 blanks in A1072 thru B23404 "Smith" in A23405 thru B45233 blanks in A45234 thru A65536 Thanks, Gary Hi Gary try the following: In B1 enter =A1 in B2 enter =IF(A2="",B1,IF(B1="",A2,"")) and ...

Counting data #2
Hi all I would like to count data relating to different columns but also i this data matches certain cells. A1 to A10 = Areas B1 to B10 = names D1 = Area D2 = Name The formula should count the names only if they relate to the area an name data in column D. Many thanks Joe -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A10=D1)*(B1:B10=D2)) HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Hi all > >I would like to count data relating to different columns but also if >this data matches certain cells. > >A1 to A10 = Areas >B1 to B10...

Merging data on both side of a sheet
I print reminder postcards 4-up on 8.5 x 11" sheet. (I am using the postcard page layout.) I need to be able to use the same data base and print one side with the client's name, address, etc. Then run the cards through a second time and print the back of the card with reminder information. When I do so, Mrs. Smith's reminder information will end up on the back of Mrs. Jones' card because I have no way of controlling the order of the cards. Is there any way to accomplish this? Thanks!! You need to setup your data differently. Maybe two data bases. There are formulas...

Data points going from axis to axis
Without necessarily deleting the chart and then recreate a whole new chart, how can I get the data points to revert back to being in the center of all columns rather than equally spaced starting from the left axis to the right axis? This issue was brought about by way of using the Area method for one of the data series, but went attempting to revert back, it doesn't go back to the original line data format as described above? It goes back to the line, but the data points are not at the same places. -- Ronald R. Dodge, Jr. Production Statistician/Programmer Master MOUS 2000 Hi, Try ...

Stacking Data??
if I have data like this A B C D... 1 Type\Date 01/10/04 02/10/04 03/10/04... 2 T-X 100 50 100 3 T-Y 50 70 0 4 T-Z 400 0 400 ... .. ...

Printing a Repeated Section Messege like "Continued"
Setting the repeated section property in a report (Access 2007) to Yes, writes the section Heading on the next page when the detail section is not complete at the page break. I would like the bottom of the first page to print "Continued on Next Page" and/or the top of the second page to say "Continued from ...)" so the report reader knows the details are part of the previous section on the previous page, and not in an entriely new section of the report. Can this be done dynamically in a report, since some pages naturally break when a section ends and other pag...

qry for Excel report with weekly data in a vertical column
tblArea AreaID area tblHeadEnd HeadEndID AreaID headend tblRouter RouterID HeadEndID router tblPorts PortID RouterID tblTransmitter TransmitterID PortID transmitter PortID RouterID tblNodes NodeID transmitterID tblNodeNamesID NodeID ParentNodeName date created tblUtilization utilID NodeID percentage Date The report shows weekly utilization data for an ISP. This structure is 1:M in the areas to the headend. The headend has 1:m routers, each router has 1:M ports. The transmitter can have either 1:1 to nodes or 1:M . The nodeNames table is for th...

Cannot Read CAB Data
when i click on a link in an email message in outlook 2002 ...

reference cell from advanced filter
I'm sure this is slam dunk, but I can't figure it out :) On worksheet 1, I have executed an Advanced filter of 900 rows, to get down to one row. No problem. Now, on Worksheet 2, I want to reference an ID number from my filtered row. Obviously, simply doing a regular cell reference won't work (=Sheet1!G271), because the filtered row will NOT always be row 271. So, how the heck do I reference the filtered cell without going back and linking to it new each time? The below formula will return the 1st entry in Column G from the filtered data in Sheet1. =INDEX...

how do I separate different points within a cell in Excel
within a single excel cell, I want to start each point on a new line. For example: complete at least one publication per year disseminate all materials identify new material Alt+Enter provides a paragraph return within a cell. Is that what you mean? ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Niceness" <Niceness@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9109ADA5-8361-4C5A-ABFF-2CF08C9EA4A4@microsoft.com... > within a single excel cell, I want to start each point on a new line. For > example: > > complete at least one publication per year &g...

Repeating rows dont repeat fully when columns also repeat
I am repeating rows 1 through 4 and columns A through D. At least that is what I'm trying to do. On page two, the columns repeat but then the rows do not (beyond columns A through D). Is there a way to make it so that they both repeat? In re-reading the above, I'm not sure I'm making myself clear. Assume that XX's represent the repeating rows and ZZ's represent the repeating columns. This is what I'd like to see: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX ZZZZZZZZZZZ YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ZZZZZ...

Outlook plugin causes data file not to close properly
On a fairly regular basis we get a message when opening Outlook that the data did not close properly and needs checking. This then grinds the PC to a halt whilst it checks the data file but it never reports anything. This has only started happening since the CRM 4.0 Outlook client was installed. I have run rollup 1 but this has not solved the problem. Does anyone recognise this issue? I have the same problem. My Outlook is just now checking the data file, and I should be reading the emails already... It's not so bad for me as my data file is not that big (less than 1 G), but we hav...

random numbers, how can you utilize it without repeating them
How can you use random numbers without repeating them on a worksheet? The way it is set up now is, example: =RANDBETWEEN(1,8) I would like to be able to use the random between but I don't want the numbers to repeat themselves within the worksheet. Any suggestions or Ideas? http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/randint.html -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "RS" <RS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75427E72-3EAA-4105-A65B-53F0F1213414@microsoft.com... > How can you use random numbers without repeating them on a worksheet? The >...

Error when saving data
On any window where I've saved data I get pop-up window that says, "Microsoft Dynamics CRM has encountered an error." I am using Outlook 2007 with the CRM 4 add-in. If I click to view the error information, I get another window with this information about the error. <ScriptErrorDetails> <Message>Library not registered. </Message> <Line>40</Line> <URL>/activities/serviceappointment/edit.aspx?pId={C023E98B-002B-DE11-A601-0019B977CDFD}&pType=112&pName=GP%20reports%20won%27t%20print&partyid={7C572B45-17AF-DC11-AC79-0003FF02A2...

Auto change of data in a cell like a Slide show in ppt
Dear All, Recently I have seen a exccel file. In that data of cell (contains proverbs & quotation's) were auto changing to a new one with a time interval of 45 to 60 secs. How is it possible to change a data in a cell automatically. Is it possible? -- Regards It is possible using VBA OnTime code. See Chip Pearson's site for instructions and code. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/OnTime.aspx You would need a list of the proverbs on a sheet and call them up in turn using the OnTime code. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 20:59:01 -0700, Vital_ar ...

How do I change the width of the data validation list box?
I use data validation to select data entries. The width of the list box is different in some worksheets. How do I control the width to expand when there is longer text in the list range? That box's width is determined by the width of the cell that has the Data|Validation. Can you widen the column? Can you (ugh) merge some cells? Davy Lawson wrote: > > I use data validation to select data entries. The width of the list box is > different in some worksheets. How do I control the width to expand when there > is longer text in the list range? -- Dave Peterson Or, if you ...

Backup Data
Blanket broadcast to anyone. Just got a new machine that has MS Money 03. Old machine had same. Tried to download backup from older machine to new machine but couldn't get a restore. Anyone have any ideas? In microsoft.public.money, cbauer wrote: >Blanket broadcast to anyone. Just got a new machine that >has MS Money 03. Old machine had same. Tried to >download backup from older machine to new machine but >couldn't get a restore. Anyone have any ideas? What did you try, and what happened as a result? Try simply copying the backup file from the old machine...

Pulling data from website based on cell value
Ok, I'm not sure if my Subject is clear, because I am not entirely sure what is involved in what I want to do. Bare with me, I'll try to explain myself as clear as possible. :) I downloaded a spreadsheet used for analyzing investments. It had a cool feature that I want to duplicate for myself. In the spreadsheet, you would input the company's stock symbol, hit a button, and then certain worksheets would be updated with income statment, balance sheet data from MSN's investment site. I have tried duplicating this, only to realize I haven't a clue how it is done. I can c...

How to select different cells with only keyboard movements
How to select different cells with only keyboard movements in Excel? Trish Use: 1. the ENTER key 2. the TAB key 3. the arrow keys all without the mouse to go to a "remote" location without the mouse: CNTRG-g and then type the address. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu2007b "Trish" wrote: > How to select different cells with only keyboard movements in Excel? > > Trish > > > Better yet, look up keyboard shortcuts in help, and you will find a multitude of ways to navigate using the keyboard. On Dec 9, 6:04 am, "Trish" <Nobody...

Data wont sort
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC After the latest update 12.1.9 I keep getting the message "This operation requires the merged cells to be identically sized" on a spreadsheet that I never had problems with sorting in the past. I have checked that all column entries fit within the columns. Don't know why it just happened. In article <59b769cf.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, josch10@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) > Processor: Power PC > > After the latest update 12.1.9...

Cell format options are truncated
When you click on any cell and click to format it, tabs do not display properly. Are you editing the cell at the time? You may only see the Font tab if that's the case. Make sure you're not in edit mode before you click on Format|Cells... maria.garciavelazquez@gmail.com wrote: > > When you click on any cell and click to format it, tabs do not display > properly. -- Dave Peterson ...

Delay Calculation of A Cell
I have a cell with the following calculation =IF(AND(C62-C56>0,C70-C66>0),"Yes - Loan Should be Approved",IF(AND(C62-C56<0,C70-C66<0),"No - Speak to your Advisor.","Possible - Depending on Detailed Application, speak to your Banker")) Now it works ok but I want to stop it calculating until the "user" requests an answer. The second part is how do i tell the spreadsheet to remove all data in "unprotected cells"? The idea the user opens the spreadsheet completes a series of cells then selects answer to display the...

repeating cells in footer in excel
I need prepare a form with many lines. In this form I need to provide a footer (with a group of cells) for approvement. Even I can select cells to repeat in every page header there is no such a feature for footers. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http:...

How do I seperate data from a pivot into seperate worksheets?
I have a file that lists out sales. Each sale has a tax classification. If I create a pivot table grouped by tax classifications, is there a way I can click on the pivot table and new worksheets will appear seperating each tax classification i.e. wholesale sales on one worksheet, retail sales on another? Put the Tax Classification field into the Page area of the pivot table Select a cell in the pivot table On the Pivot toolbar, choose PivotTable>Show Pages Shannon wrote: > I have a file that lists out sales. Each sale has a tax classification. If I > create a pivot table groupe...

Reference different lines in the same cell
Hi all, I have an excel sheet were in some cells there are multiple lines created by pressing "Alt + Enter". Is it possible to reference each individual line within these cells separately in a formula? Thanks a lot To a certain extent yes. E.g. if A1 contains one Alt+Enter then =LEFT(A1,SEARCH(CHAR(10),A1)-1) returns the content before Alt+Enter, =RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-SEARCH(CHAR(10),A1)) after Alt+Enter. -- Regards! Stefi „Panos” ezt írta: > Hi all, > > I have an excel sheet were in some cells there are multiple lines created by > pre...