Repeating a formula in text

I'm concatenating two columns in an excel data file.  The formula works, but
won't replicate in the column to subsequent rows, all it will do is copy.
I'm tearing my hair out - I've done it before but all of the sudden it won't
work.  Can you help?

1) What happens if you hit [F9] ?
    If this recalculates the correct results - then your Calculation option
is set to "Manual".
2) Did you, by mistake, fix the References of the concatenated cells with $
[like: $A$1] ?
Micky

"Lyn" wrote:

> I'm concatenating two columns in an excel data file.  The formula works, but
> won't replicate in the column to subsequent rows, all it will do is copy.
> I'm tearing my hair out - I've done it before but all of the sudden it won't
> work.  Can you help?

Conditional Format: What is formula to compare to a Date?
If All rows in Column B > than 11/1/03 highlight. I know to turn CondFormt to formula: =$B1= ???Date comparison??? thanks much, All Star On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 14:06:30 -0500, All Star <nospam@aol.com> wrote: >If All rows in Column B > than 11/1/03 highlight. > >I know to turn CondFormt to formula: =$B1= ???Date comparison??? > > >thanks much, >All Star Here's one way: Highlight B1:Bn Format/Conditional Formatting Formula Is: =COUNTIF($B$1:$B$n,">"&DATE(2003,11,1))=40 or you can substitute a cell reference for the DATE function. --r...

e-mails are very large for just text
When using Outlook 2000, Windows 2000, and Word as the outlook e-mail editor, the e-mails wind up very large. I have set the e-mail format to be just plain text, but still an e-mail the size of this newsgroup posting message, may be anywhere from 5Kb to 98Kb. Responses will be even larger. I like to use Word as the editor, since I use the autotext entries quite frequently when writing e-mails. How can I reduce the e-mail size? Many of the people I send e-mail to are at remote locations and on dial-up connections. Thank you, John Gregory if you're using Word as the e-mail ed...

Repeating cell-contents
A1 contains "Smith" A53 contains "Jones" A459 contains "Smith" A1072 contains "Peterson" A23405 contains "Smith" A45234 contains "Samantha" What formula can I use to put: "Smith" in B1 thru B52 blanks in B53 thru B458 "Smith" in B459 thru B1071 blanks in A1072 thru B23404 "Smith" in A23405 thru B45233 blanks in A45234 thru A65536 Thanks, Gary Hi Gary try the following: In B1 enter =A1 in B2 enter =IF(A2="",B1,IF(B1="",A2,"")) and ...

Printing a Repeated Section Messege like "Continued"
Setting the repeated section property in a report (Access 2007) to Yes, writes the section Heading on the next page when the detail section is not complete at the page break. I would like the bottom of the first page to print "Continued on Next Page" and/or the top of the second page to say "Continued from ...)" so the report reader knows the details are part of the previous section on the previous page, and not in an entriely new section of the report. Can this be done dynamically in a report, since some pages naturally break when a section ends and other pag...

Formula #28
Hi there, I have a table column of first and the last name e.g. A1 Rashi Gadia A2 Monty Smart A3 Ramy Daddy I want to create a formula such that the in cell b1 is RG. i.e. I want to capture the first character of the word. Thanks for your help... Bye Rashi Try this: =LEFT(A1)&MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1,1) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP <rttaksali@gmail.com> wrote in message news:63456d42-a3ff-4685-b83a-6053cec25e98@i12g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > Hi there, > > I have a table column of first and the last name e.g. > A1 Rashi Gadia > A2 Monty Smart > ...

VBA formula question
I use the following type of code to place formulas in cells : For Each cell In Range("A1:A2") cell.Offset(, 1).FormulaR1C1 = "=RC[10]&RC[8]&RC[15]" 'Equiv cell.Offset(, -1).FormulaR1C1 = "=IF(ISERROR(RC[5]/r4c13),""Data?"",RC[3]/r4c13)" Next This works fine, however my question is whether one can perform the calculations in the code and just place the result into the cells? I guess this may require learning a whole new syntax for coding the equations, but I was wondering if someone could give me some pointers? ...

Formula gets rejected
Hi all Excel just don't accept my formula. I got the formula out of a paper to calculate the correlation of specific values =IF (OR (IF (AO>AM, AM/AO, AO/AM) < 0.9, IF(AP>AN, AN/AP, AP/AN) < 0.9), 'Bad', 'Good' Excels says there're errors in the formula, but I can't find them. I tried everything I could think of. Can somebody help Thank Surak See one potential answer in my reply to your previous post. If you're entering the formula as shown, the problem is that you're not specifying a row number, and you need to replace your single quotes ...

Return one instance using formula or filter
Is it possible to filter based on the following example: colA Acalypha Acanthocalycium Acantholimon Acanthopanax Acanthus Acca Acer Acer Acer Acer Acer Aceras Aceriphyllum Achillea Achillea Achimenes result after filtering; Acalypha Acanthocalycium Acantholimon Acanthopanax Acanthus Acca Acer Aceras Aceriphyllum Achillea Achimenes Thankyou if you can help. Pat check advanced filter unique values in help "Pat" wrote: > Is it possible to filter based on the following example: > > colA > > Acalypha > Acanthocalycium > Acantholimon > Acanthopanax >...

Line Feed not working in Email text
I am using the following code in Message box of the vbSendMail form in VB5. '**** insert Email Text .txtMsg.Text = "" & _ frmProspectEmailLtr.DlrName & _ vbLf & frmProspectEmailLtr.DlrCityStateZip & _ VBLF works fine here with MAPI and Outlook but not in vbSendMail. I have researched "legtfy" but still don't know how to achieve a line feed here. What should I use in lieu of VBLF? try vbCrLf Dennis Rose wrote: > I am using the following code in Message box of the vbSendMail form > in VB5. > &...

Repeating rows dont repeat fully when columns also repeat
I am repeating rows 1 through 4 and columns A through D. At least that is what I'm trying to do. On page two, the columns repeat but then the rows do not (beyond columns A through D). Is there a way to make it so that they both repeat? In re-reading the above, I'm not sure I'm making myself clear. Assume that XX's represent the repeating rows and ZZ's represent the repeating columns. This is what I'd like to see: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX ZZZZZZZZZZZ YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ZZZZZ...

random numbers, how can you utilize it without repeating them
How can you use random numbers without repeating them on a worksheet? The way it is set up now is, example: =RANDBETWEEN(1,8) I would like to be able to use the random between but I don't want the numbers to repeat themselves within the worksheet. Any suggestions or Ideas? http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/randint.html -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "RS" <RS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75427E72-3EAA-4105-A65B-53F0F1213414@microsoft.com... > How can you use random numbers without repeating them on a worksheet? The >...

Skipping cells when pasting so not to overwrite formula
I have a template where I have cells with formula. I have created outputs from Access which have these columns as blanks. When I paste the data into the template sheet, requesting Paste Special, Values, and Skip Blanks, I thought it would ignore the blank columns and leave my formula intact, but it writes the blank columns in Is there anyway of pasting the data in without overwriting the formula As an example my sheet will look like this text field / text field / text field / currency field / blank field / text field The template will have a formula to calcuated in the blank field Appreci...

Autosignature not displaying text
I have created a advanced signature within outlook, and saved this as a web page within the signatures file. When I apply this to 1 computer the signature details are picked up. If I recreate the details on another computer and save in the same way, it does not display the signature. However if I go back in and edit the signature the details appear..................... ...

Making a formula continuous
I have the formula =SUM(K$5:K10)/5. I need the next cell down to hav the formula =SUM(K$5:K11)/6 and then the next down =SUM(K$5:K12)/7 an so on. The problem I have is getting the last number to add by 1 each time without typing it in by hand. Does anyone know how to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated -- Neil_Pattiso ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Neil_Pattison's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2769 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47414 This is sorted now,...

repeating cells in footer in excel
I need prepare a form with many lines. In this form I need to provide a footer (with a group of cells) for approvement. Even I can select cells to repeat in every page header there is no such a feature for footers. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http:...

Printing a List of Formulas
How do I print just a list of the formulas that I used in a document? I know how to make them show on the screen and print them, but remember that years ago I could print a separate list of them. Sandi, You will have to run a macro to list all formulas (in a workbook) in a column on a separate sheet. I can post some code, that I have, if that would meet your needs. Regards, Jim Cone San Francisco, CA "sandi.cox@doj.ca.gov" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1f86a01c457e1$d9679980$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How do I print just a list of the formula...

Big Trouble with what I thought would be a simple Excel Formula
I want a cell from one column to display the value of the top of another set columns from the highest valued cell of the corresponding row. Is that possible? Makign sure I udnerstadn.. You are in, say, cell A4. You want to have a forula enter the largest value from row 4 in other columns. If that's it, do: =MAX(B4:Z4) "Flip@work" wrote: > I want a cell from one column to display the value of the top of another set > columns from the highest valued cell of the corresponding row. Is that > possible? > > Hi Sean, Thanks for your help. This is the prob...

List box hover mouse expand text
Hi all, I'm building a little form that can have multiple listboxes listboxes show contents of a selected folder like a (very rudimentary) group of "windows explorers" on one form so i can conveniently look at different folders without having to stretch and position multiple explorer windows. since i group multiple listboxes they can be smaller than the filenames shown. how can i emulate the way windows expands partial text into a little tool tip when you hover a mouse over? thanks mark The gist of it is fairly simple. There's a sample tooltip clas...

Formula 'GOTO'
Hello, I have a user who prior to a reimage of her drive had the ability to place her cursor in a cell in Excel(workbook 1) and if the formula was linked from another worksheet(workbook 2) she could double click and it would take her to the original formula (workbook 2). Of course now that we have re-imaged her drive she no longer has the ability to do this. She is running OS XP and Office 2002, sp2. Tools|edit tab Uncheck "edit directly in cell" and try it out. helpdesk genie wrote: > > Hello, > I have a user who prior to a reimage of her drive had the ability to place h...

Converting calendar events to tab-deliminated text
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Entourage 2004 does not allow exporting of calendar events to a text file or any kind of file readable by WORD or Excel. Is there any way to do this so I can create a database file to keep an archive of old calendar information? I don't want to rely just on the Entourage.rge file as the only archive. On 12/11/09 12:35 PM, in article 59baecae.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Rodonator@officeformac.com" <Rodonator@officeformac.com> wrote: > Entourage 2004 does not allo...

Repeats
On one of my worksheets I type the day of the week in the first column, followed by the date in the second column etc. Since the current entry is in line 3,675th when I typed the first letter of the day the rest was completed automatically. E.g. If I typed M then onday followed, as were entries of the same gist in other columns, when the first word of the information was typed. Suddenly this stopped. Why I have no idea, but would appreciate if someone told me how to restore this time and typing savings. Thanks! Tools>Options>Edit, check that Enable Autocomplete for Cell Values i...

formula to have each new invoice automatically have the next numb
When opening a new invoice or page, what is the formula to get the next number in sequence to appear in a cell? This would be simular to having todays date appear (=today()) Jacqui, have a look here and see if this will work for you http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Jacqui" <Jacqui@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:959BC6B0-DF37-40...

Add 5 to data in text box!
What would I need for [On Click] in my Control Button that would add 5 to [tbAdditionChargeAmount] each time I clicked it? Thanks for any Help...........Bob Private Sub MyCommandButton_Click() Me!tbAdditionChargeAmount = Me!tbAdditionChargeAmount + 5 End Sub If that doesn't work, try: Private Sub MyCommandButton_Click() Me!tbAdditionChargeAmount = _ Val(Me!tbAdditionChargeAmount) + 5 End Sub -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "Bob V" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message news:OJaareyxHHA.4916@T...

copy formula
I got a problem with inserting formulas: For example: I want to get the following formulas in de following cells: B1: Sum(B1:B10) B2: Sum(B11:B20) B3: Sum(B21:B30) B4 etc. etc. If I copy the cells down the next formula is plus 1. So the formula i B4 is then Sum(B22:B31) in stead of sumB31:B40. How can I solve the problem. Manauly is too much work as the databas contains thousends of rows. I hope someone can help me. Regards, Mell -- mell ----------------------------------------------------------------------- melle's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?act...

Sorting formulae
Hi, I have the following problem. I would like to sort a list of linked formulae, for example: A B 1 Alice 5 2 Bob 3 3 Charles 8 but now I want to create a seperate list with the same entries, but sorted differently, so first I create: C D 1 =A1 =B1 2 =A2 =B2 3 =A3 =B3 but if I try to sort these they will stay in the same order. Of course if I would type: =A$1 =B$1 =A$2 =B$2 =A$3 =B$3 it would work, but is there a simple way to create this on a large scale, I don't want to manually add 100s of $ signs. Thanks for any help! Gerben Select all the cells...