rename invalid sheet name from access 97 report to Excel 2002

When I export a file from Access 97, my only choice is to
export to Excel 97.  I then open that file, with excel
2002, and I get an error message the the sheet had an
invalid name and had to be renamed, but there is no
apparent difference in the the name "Sheet1" in excel 97
or "sheet1" in Excel 2002.

(I can find NO conversion sw, or find any way to "add to"
my file types list. I am forced to use Access 97 with the
office 2002 suite for now)

Any Ideas on what is causing this?
DLS 99
0
dshinkel (1)

Can you open the file in xl97 to see what the sheet name is/was?

Or do you know what the sheet name would have been.

On the other hand, if xl2002 didn't like the name and changed it to something it
found ok, why bother worrying?

Just curious.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Event sink registration for SMTP virtual server failed. (80070005 (Access is denied.) )
My setup: Windows 2003 AD (2 domain controllers) Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 server (I'll call it main-server.domain.com) Exchange 5.5 on a Windows 2000 server (used to have all the mailboxes, but they have been moved to main-server.domain.com) Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2000 server (call it front-end.domain.com) The front end server is getting the error messages in the event log every 3 minutes: "Event sink registration for SMTP virtual server /LM/SMTPSVC/1 failed. Error code is 80070005 (Access is denied.). " I am using a firewall, and the front end server is in a DMZ, op...

PROBLEM
Hi all, It's been a really really long time since I've used Excel, and now need to create charts based on data I've been tracking, however, can't seem to make the charts represent the data in the way I need fo it to show up. Attached is what my data looks like: (also I need different graph for each phone #). Can anyone help me PLEASE !!!!!! need to find a way to do this ASAP. I've tried reformating my dat every which way I can and nothing seems to work. Frustrated in Oklahom -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Paste a sample of your data as text in...

Rename Server
I was would like to know if it is possible to rename a server on which Exchange 2000 has been install onto, would this have an effect on exchange wayne The Exchange services won't start after a server rename. Build a new server with the new name and move the mailboxes to it. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/ "WB" <wmb2003@zoom.co.uk> wrote in message news:u5TGyDCpGHA.2360@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I was would like to know if it is possible to rename a server on which >Exchange 2000 has been install onto, would this have ...

two value axes in an excel line chart
How do I create two value axes in excel? For example, I have two correlated sets of values: x y 0.65 4.7 2.01 4.02 2.98 2.99 3.78 1.89 4.33 0.21 I want to show x as a function of y, but want each axis to show integers for 0-6 (and end up with a single line that passes through each x,y coordinate). How do I do this? If by 2 value axis you mean you want numerical values on both the horizontal and vertical axes, select a XY Scatter chart. On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 15:51:02 -0800, neural_jam <neural_jam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I create two value axes...

running a macro on a protected sheet
I've got a scenario where I've got several option buttons in groups to make choices. I've got the sheet protected so the buttons and/or groups can't be accidentally moved by the user. However, I've created a "clear all" button so the user can reset the form to redo their option button choices, if they need to. But, when protected, the macro attached to the "clear all" button won't work (due to the protection). How do I get around this? Thanks! Kriss, here is one way Sub test1() ActiveSheet.Unprotect password:="123" 'you cle...

how to rename a file #2
What MFC class/function would I use to rename a file. Assume the file is not being accessed by any application. I have typically used the C run time library function 'rename' but his there a comparable MFC or SDK function? Thanks Ian Hi, You could use CFile::Rename. Regards Andy Mortimer [MS] Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. OR if you wish to include a script sample in your post please add "Use of included script samples a...

Cannot see fields in query design view on laptop; Access 2003
When in query design view on desktop (large screen), I can see the fields and criteria pane in the bottom half of the window, but when in query design view on laptop (small screen), I sometimes cannot see the fields and criteria pane no matter how far I scroll down. The only solution I have found so far is to move the fields and criteria pane to the top half of the window before closing the Access file on my desktop and before opening it on my laptop. Has anybody else run into this problem and found a way to view the fields and criteria pane if not immediately visible in the ...

CDialog/Invalidate/UpdateWindow question
I have a dialog based application with the main dialog calling DoModal on another dialog. The second dialog is involved in some synchronous stored procedure calls, and things that take time to complete. I can't change the processing to threads at this point, but have learned my lesson. My question is, when the user clicks on a second application in the task bar, which is then maximized, or brought to the front in the z-order on the desktop...when the dialog based app taskbar button is pressed, nothing happens until it's completed. Is there something I can do in OnPaint to bring it ...

Automation Testing in an Excel application.
Does anyone know of any software testing tool that is compatible with Excel? We have an Excel application based on csv files, embedded in VB code. Has VB user forms. Thanks. ...

NEW OUTLOOK DID TRANSFER OLD MESSAGES FROM MSOFFICE 97
I just installed MSOFFICEPRO 2003. It transferred my CONTACTS AND CALENDAR but didn't pick up my old mail. I have an unusual situation as I'm getting mail from the LOS ANGELES FREE NET but outgoing is SBC global. Any suggestions on how to fix this? NORM (au187@lafn.org) So, you were coming from OL97, correct? If so, how many PST files do you have on your system? "NORM" <NORM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E544DC71-977A-4C35-AB7B-66198A173FC9@microsoft.com... >I just installed MSOFFICEPRO 2003. > > It transferred my CONTACTS AND CAL...

Tab name is grey! I want it black!
Hi, thanks for viewing my post. I am using 2002 on a mac if that matters but my worksheet tabs have changed to light grey making it difficult to see the worksheet number or name. How would I change it back to black? Thanks! There's some information in the following thread, http://groups.google.com/groups?&threadm=fc7dfa0c.0305202337.4bbf46ff%40posting.google.com and you may want to post your question in the Mac newsgroup: microsoft.public.mac.office.excel crazyaboutgus wrote: > Hi, thanks for viewing my post. I am using 2002 on a mac if that > matters but my workshe...

how do i rename a sheet if the rename tab is inactive?
I tried to rename a sheet in a workbook but discovered that the rename option is inactive when i right-clicked on the sheet. How do i make it active ? Hi, This would happen if the 'workbook' was protected. Tools|Protection|Unprotect workbook -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Nelson" wrote: > I tried to rename a sheet in a workbook but discovered that the rename option > is inactive when i right-clicked on the ...

how to convert report to pdf?
Greeting, I have a report that show my data and I would like to convert it to pdf file. I use function called “ConvertReportToPDF” and now I have a command button that once it pressed it runs the report. What I need is once it pressed the function is running but I could not do that . how can I do it? "Jon" <Jon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA2400BD-A2F0-4BAB-A3E9-1B95CF3C8237@microsoft.com... > Greeting, > > I have a report that show my data and I would like to convert it to pdf > file. I use function called "ConvertReportToPDF&quo...

Need macro to automatically update Excel Pivot Table
Hi! I'm looking for a macro that would automatically update a pivot table after any data entry in an Excel worksheet. I'm not looking for a button that would do this. But reaaly have the pivot table updated after any entries made. Need big time on this! Thanks in advance! Sara You could use a Worksheet_Change event macro for this. To get the code to update the pivot table, turn on the macro recorder and do it manually. Then use this code as the basis for your event macro. On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 11:17:00 -0700, "Sara" <my_courriel@hotmail.com> wrote: >I'...

Excel Reiterating Code
Is there a way to keep Excel from reiterating your code over and over? I know I can change it under options, but when I send the spreadsheet to someone else they may not have the same options set as I do. Can this be accomplished in a VB code? Thanks, Brian -- Do you mean "Iteration" setting on the Calculation tab of the Options dialog? If so, use Application.Iteration = False -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com (email address is on the web site) "diablo" <nomail@mail.not> wrote in mess...

Excel Scatter Plot with connected by smooth lines
It is not honoring my numbers for the X-Axis, they go from -1300 to 3200, on the graph it's going from -8900 to -8200, but when i go to the source data my numbers for the X-Axis are selected how do i change this? Its urgent!!! Double click on the x axis and on the Scale tab manually select minimum and maximum for the scale. If you inserted the graph, instead of changing data on an existing graph, then there is something else going on, since by default Excel will encompass the entire range. You might also select the chart and on the menu select Chat|Chart type to ensure that you ha...

How do you enbed a marcos or VB in a sheet?
The subject is the question Thanks Mike Hi Mike, Right click on the sheet tab with the sheet name on it. Select View Code. This opens the VBA editor where you can insert code for the specific sheet. Normally you place event driven code here. When you first open the vba editor before any code is placed here, at the top of the large white area you will see 2 drop down boxes. One with the default General and the other with default Declarations. If you click the arrow of the one with General, you can select worksheet. You can then click the arrow of the other box and you will get a list o...

Same Y Axis name for multiple charts
I have 3 charts per worksheet which need to use the same Y value on another sheet - Range A1 through A14 on worksheet ChartNames. Every day I bring in new data for 3 different charts. I'd like all 3 to use the same Y name but without having to manually edit the Series information in the forula bar. Is there a quick and easy way to do this? Currently I copy the same chart from page to page and select the new data range and then manually edit the Series Name, 1 at a time for 14 Series. Hope you guys can help, Mike B dvt wrote: > Do you mean the same thing when you say "Y value&q...

VB Code to transfer report from Access to Excel
I have a report that I want to transfer to an excel spreadsheet from Access. I need to make this a macro or vb code on a button on a form, but cant seem to find a way to do it. I'd like to use the "Analyize with Excel" button, but cant see how to use it. Thanks in advance for your help. On Mar 22, 11:27 am, "RB" <mcrace...@yahoo.com> wrote:> I have a report that I want to transfer to an excel spreadsheet from Access.> I need to make this a macro or vb code on a button on a form, but cant seem> to find a way to do it. I'd like to use the "Anal...

Systems Settings not accessible
Hi, I'm running CRM 3.0 on SBS 2003 SP1. For some reason, it will not let me access the Systems Settings. When i click on the link it tells me "An error has occured. For more information contact your systems administrator". I don't have any troble accessing anything else, only the Systems Settings. I am logged on as the domain administrator with system administrator role. I've tried reinstalling but no luck. Has anyone encountered this problem? Any suggestions? Thanks I know this is going to sound odd, but from an internet explorer window launched on the SBS2...

Change text in textbox in chart in Excel 2007
After I changed from Excell 2003 to Excel 2007, the following VBA code, which changed the date in a textbox in a chart, no longer worked: Sheets("All Styles").Select ActiveChart.Shapes("Text Box 1026").Select Selection.Characters.Text = Range("Date").Value The macro recorder doesn't record anything when I try to use it to get some code. Any ideas for fixing this? Excel 2007 Shape Text Sub Textbox() Dim d As Date With Sheets("Summary") d = .Range("DDate") With .ChartObjects(1).Chart.Shapes(1).TextEffect ...

inserting multi-page excel table into Word
I'd like to be able to insert a large (i.e. multi-page) range of data into Word 2000 in one operation and have it paginate properly. At the moment, I have to cut and paste one page worth of data at a time onto each Word page and fiddle with the sizing. Is there an easier way to do this? ...

Colouring excel sheet tabs
Just wondering if anyone knows of a way to colour the bottom tabs of an excel worksheet. Is there a macro i can use to colour them? Again, any help much appreciated regards Neal -- Neal Only in XL2002 and 2003 Versions prior to these have no method(macro or otherwise) of colouring sheet tabs. In XL2002 right-click on tab and "Tab Colour" Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 20:34:22 -0000, "NealUK" <xxx@xxx.xx> wrote: >Just wondering if anyone knows of a way to colour the bottom tabs of an >excel worksheet. Is there a macro i can use to colour...

How to update an external excel sheet
The situation is this: *All the computers have Windows XP. *All this is working under a net. *In computer A: I have a bloomberg terminal. *In computer A: I have an excel sheet open linked to bloomberg that automatically updates the information. *In computer B: I have an excel sheet and I want that everything updates in this computer too. Any help? Thanks. Hi, You could link both workbooks to bloomberg, or link the workbook on computer B to the workbook on computer A. Cheers -- macropod [MVP - Microsoft Word] <google@pichara.com> wrote in message news:1149862448.687935.133210@j...

outlook 2002 not rememering past email addresses
I have about 50 users using exchange 2000 and outlook 2002. Some users'outlook does not remember the emails that they have sent when they start to type the name into the TO: box. Most users will see email addresses pop up after the first three letters are entered. This is very important to users. Any fix would be great. I did download some reply applications/add ins that remember who they rely to - but this is not the same. Check under Tools | Options | E-mail and see if AutoComplete is turned on. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr Mi...