removing the word (blank) from pivot table cells

I generated a pivot table in an excel spreadsheet.
Is there any way to instruct excel not to show the word (blank) in
blank cells?
Thanks

Select the cell that contains (blank), and type a space character.

Or, if you don't want to include the data for blanks, click the dropdown
arrow on the field heading, and remove the check mark from (blank).

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
7/2/2005 11:02:36 PM
You may even want to get Debra Dalgleish's addin.
http://www.contextures.com/xlPivotAddIn.html
Features described here:
http://www.contextures.com/xlPivotAddIn02.html

--

Dave Peterson
0

Finding & removing MoSearch.exe
I am getting a MS Visual C++ Runtime Library error. Instructions on how to resolve say to find the MoSearch.exestartup item through the /run/msconfig/ .... but there is NO MoSearch.exe file. So what do I do now?? -- Thanks. Rob You could Find the file and rename it to mosearch.exD and then it should toss an error you can trace. rpm wrote: > I am getting a MS Visual C++ Runtime Library error. Instructions on how to > resolve say to find the MoSearch.exestartup item through the /run/msconfig/ > ... but there is NO MoSearch.exe file. > > So what do I do ...

Pivot Table Cell Formatting
A pivot table "seems" to want to define all the cells within the table as numbers. Several columns of data within my source data are character (i.e. Y/N). The pivot table displays all Y and N's as a 1 when the cell is defined as a count. If you change to a sum or any other "available" types, they display as 0's. I can't seem to get around this. I want the Y or N value displayed. Any ideas or suggestions. Thanks, Jim G. Hi Jim the data section of a pivot table can (AFAIK) only consist of (aggregated) values. That is counts, sums, averages, etc. You're not ...

Outlook Today page flashes information then goes blank
I am running XP and recently upgraded to Office 2007. Now when I view my Outlook Today page it flashes the Appointments and Tasks then goes blank. Can someone help me? ...

how to remove shading on calendar in the short cut bar?
I click on the short cut button of the short cut bar of my calendar and then the month got shaded I will like to know how to take off the shading of the calendar in the short cut section You mean it is selected? Simply select another calendar. Which version of Outlook are we talking about here? Otherwise, publish a screenshot somewhere and post the link to it here. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real W...

error: An open operation on table "SY_Pathnames" has caused an unknown error (161)
Hi Friends, I have a Windows 2000 Server and MS Great Plains Dynamics installed on Pervesive SQL Server running on the same hardware machine. The machine also had Exchange 2000 Server. The Exchange 2000 was moved to another machine and uninstalled. The problem: After the uninstallation of Exchange 2000, the Great plains users are getting the following error "An open operation on the table "SY_Pathnames" has caused an unknown error (161)". i.e. only one user can login to the Great Plains application at a time. Currently they have a license for 4 users, but only on...

Word Template Character Encoding Issue
I am working on creating a letter mail merge template (usig Word 2007) for CRM Live. I have saved the file as a Word XML file and have uploaded. Everything works fine, except when I generate a new letter, apostrophes and quotation marks are rendered as codes rather than the normal characters. I'm assuming this is an encoding issue related to being stored in a SQL database and then re-rendered in Word. Is there a technique that I can use in my letter template files that will cause apostrophes and quotation marks to render correctly? I also have a similar problem with bullets, altho...

Put Results in another cell
OK guys/gals - I know this MUST be simple, but I'm very new to excel. I'm trying to look at one column (A), if the work "Dist" or "Sale" is in the Cell, I would like to fill the next column (B) with "--", otherwise, leave the values alone in column B. =IF(OR(A1="Dist",A1="Sale"),B1="'--", otherwise leave value alone in B1 Thanks for everything! To clarify, I would like my formula to reside in column (B), but there is other info already in that column. If the condition in column (A) is met, then (B) must change, ot...

US Letter Size not displaying correctly with the rulers in Word
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel In Print Layout View the rulers are displaying the incorrect measurements for US Letter. When I print, the output on paper does not look anything like the Print Layout view. <br><br>When I view the rulers, they are only showing about 7 1/4in for w, and 9in for length even though I have selected US Letter (8.5 X 11) under page set up. So I am typing in Word with 7X9 and the printer is receiving it correctly since it thinks Word is sending it 8.5 X 11 (this happens when printing to PDF as well) <br...

Blank e-mail problem
Using OL 2003 w/ Winxp. Recently, a few of my associates have told me that they have received my e-mails when I reply back to them, but then they open them up, and there is nothing in the body? What settings did I change, or did I pickup a virus? Thanks, RED anglirich <anglirich@lexcominc.net> wrote: > Using OL 2003 w/ Winxp. > > Recently, a few of my associates have told me that they have received > my e-mails when I reply back to them, but then they open them up, and > there is nothing in the body? > > What settings did I change, or did I pickup a viru...

Macro to select & autofill adjacent cells
I would like to create/use a macro that selects a cell to the right of highlighted cell and the two directly below. I then want to autofil down this selection. I've tried to record a macro for this, but i always performs the task at the same range - but I want it to wor wherever I choose to highlight a cell from. Does anyone know how thi can be accomplished? Sincerely, Ti -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi! Yes: lots of people will know how;) Why not post your macro: someone will show you how it can be tuned t do more than just fill the three cells you recorded it f...

Remove Space
I have a number of rows were I would like to remove space between words in the field. For example cell A1 reads Holiday Inn Toronto. I would like to remove space between these words so that it reads HolidayInnToronto. Any help will be appreciated. Prasad ...

Data tables ? Circular references ?
Hi, If I setup a data table as follows: A1=0 A2=0 A3=A1+A2 Then in B3 place the formulae A3+1 and copy it along to K3 And in A4 place the formulae A3+1 and copy it down to A13 Finishing off by selecting the range A3:K13 and choosing Data->Table, Row input cell = A1, Column Input cell = A2 The results in the intersection start from 2 and end at 1.7E+11 Now if I Edit->Copy, PasteValues the formulae in cells B3:K3, and likewise value the formulae in A4:A13 the results change twice over, once for each Copy-PasteValues sequence. What's going on ? Regards Steve Think the ...

Data showing up in Cells as ####
I'm trying to enter an amount in a Column labeled "Limit"...I've tried changing the cell's format but no matter what I do, the data shows up as ####. How can I change this to reflect the actual numbers? -- MCD Increase the column width >-----Original Message----- >I'm trying to enter an amount in a Column labeled "Limit"...I've tried changing the cell's format but no matter what I do, the data shows up as ####. How can I change this to reflect the actual numbers? >-- >MCD >. > Or reduce the Font size?? anonymous@discussi...

Access 2007 system Tables
Can anyone tell me how to hide the System tables in Access 2007? I can right click on them and select hide, but they are still visible. I would prefer that I didn't see them at all until I need them - which is very rare. I just can't find the equivalent of Tools/Options/view in 2007. I appreciate any help you can give me! Thanks. Right click title bar of the nav pane > navigation options... > uncheck 'show system objects' Sascha "SevenS00" <SevenS00@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:16273F2A-29B6-4DF9-BA60-EFFA7F1261F0@microsof...

How To Find "x" In A Column And Show "y" In Cell "z"
Example: A1 = aircraft type B1 = flight time C1 = jet category Is there a way to maintain a list somewhere in the book of aircraf types that are of the jet variety so that when "A2" is checked agains the list it knows whether or not it is in fact a "jet" and will ente the time (which is in "B2") under the jet category ("C2"). Otherwis it simply will ignore adding flight time to the "C" column? Did I just confuse everyone? Thanks in advance. thanks r -- rcan ----------------------------------------------------------------------- rcane&...

Word Search Puzzles
It's not "exactly" related to Pub, but then again, it's not "How do I make a pdf?" I create one of these each week in my paper. Thirty-nine words related to a specific topic. I have at least 350 of these and I was thinking, as a way to make money, that I should publish a book of them (I use a program that rearranges all the words so they would not be repeats). However, the cost of publishing a book is somewhat stiff, so I came upon the idea of making a pdf file and putting it on a CD. People would have to print the puzzle but there are not that many people w...

Spanish Grammar for MS Word 2004
I would like to know if there is or not a chance to get the Spanish Grammar for MS Word 2004 for Mac OS X (10.3.9). On 6/10/05 2:25 PM, in article 1118438729.680762.238060@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, "Carlos A. Laserna" <claserna@entelnet.bo> wrote: > I would like to know if there is or not a chance to get the Spanish > Grammar for MS Word 2004 for Mac OS X (10.3.9). The missing Spanish Grammar in 2004 is something that MS MacBU has acknowledged. So there's some hope that they might be working on getting it working for one of the updates due later this year. We ...

Pivot Table
Is there any way to set the default settings for the Table Options for every new pivot table that you build? Also, is there a way to change the default format for a numeric field (number, 0 decimal places, instead of the original 2) Thanks, Rds, Ignacio ...

should be possible to view entire MS Word embedded object in MS E.
When a multi-page MS Word document is embedded into an MS Excel file, only the first page of the MS Word document is visible. you can request enhancements by sending an email to: mswish@microsoft.com Phillip M. Feldman wrote: > > When a multi-page MS Word document is embedded into an MS Excel file, only > the first page of the MS Word document is visible. -- Dave Peterson ...

duplicate cells
I have a spreadsheet of Names and addresses. the list is very large (about 8000) there are quite a few duplicate entries that I would like to eliminate. is there a formula or a uncomplicated method that will do this for me? bear in mind that I am a novice with excel spreadsheets.d appreciate any help. Thanks Richard, have a look at Chip's site for a way to do it. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm#DeleteDuplicateRows You may also what to have a look here on getting started with macros http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm if you need more help post back with...

Formatting Cells Question
Hi I am having troubles with formatting cells in EXCEL 2003. I have a column of many hundreds of rows lthat contain data like this: 01Jan12 on fist glance this looks like a date but it really is not. EXCEL on the other automatically assumes it is a date and formats as such. 2001-Jan-12 I have tried formatting as text, General and even experimented with custom formats to no avail. In the same column I have 03Mar1543 Which is dispolayed exactly as is. How can I get EXCEL to simply display data like 01Jan12 exactly as is? You must format the cell as Text BEFORE typing any information...

How to disable/remove Teams?
Based on the messages I have seen in this group, teams cannot be removed. However, is there a way to just disable a team? You can remove all the members, effectively making it disabled. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "ss" <ss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E5A451B-DA0B-4E46-B408-6BBE7FE16706@microsoft.com... Based on the messages I have seen in this group, teams cannot be removed. However, is there a way to just disable a team? ...

Label XY scatter plot points by frequency of occurence (no pivot t
Hello, Thought I was done with my charting questions, but have one more... I have a spreadsheet with ~100 columns (individual animals, divided equally into 5 species) and ~100 rows (different morphological measurements). When I create my graphs, I have one graph for each measurement. The species are the x-axis (1, 2, 3, 4, 5) and the measurement range is the y-axis. Some of my measurements are categorical, such as color (black = 1, white = 2, yellow = 3, etc.). When I graph my 100 individuals, I see a point for each color for each species type. This is not surprising as there is a lot...

Hide pivot field button when printing charts or stop lables appearing behind it
Hi This should be simple but it's turning out to be a real pain :@( We have a pivot chart (pie) which has both data lables and values shown. The problem is that the pivot field always gets in the way of the lables etc. Everytime the report is run we have to manually move the data lables from behind the pivot field button before it can be printed. Does anyone know if there's a way to prevent the pivot field being printed or to force the chart not to drop lables behind pivot fields? Thanks very much Mark ...

display grand totals on pivot chart
Using Excel 2000/Win 2K. Using the stacked column chart and would like to display the values for the grand totals. Per John Peltier's suggestion in a previous post, used text boxes and linked to the cells in the pivot table. Works great except...some of the values are in the millions. Is there a way to rotate the textboxes to be able to better display the textboxes with the large numbers. The rotate option is not available. Any other suggestions?? -- maryj ...