remove small list from large list

I have two mail lists on excel.  The first has 16,000 names, the second has
about 6,000.  I need to remove the 6,000 from the 16,000 as they all appear
in the big list as well. How do I extract those 6,000 entries from the larger
list?   My expected result is a mailing list with 10,000 names.
0
HowieJ (3)

Chip Pearson has some techniques at:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm

--

Dave Peterson
0

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> Chip Pearson has some techniques at:
> http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm
>
> Howie J. wrote:
> >
> > I have two mail lists on excel.  The first has 16,000 names, the second has
> > about 6,000.  I need to remove the 6,000 from the 16,000 as they all appear
> > in the big list as well. How do I extract those 6,000 entries from the larger
> > list?   My expected result is a mailing list with 10,000 names.
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
HowieJ (3)

Customizing the search in the "members of a marketing list" view
Hi! We have a strange problem with the search in the "members of a marketing list" view. If we do a search for a last name, there are no hits, even though there is such a contact in the marketing list. If we do the search for the same contact with the first name or a "*" before the lastname (for example "*gates") we get the contact we were looking for. I guess our CRM is only searching in the field with the full name... Everywhere else, the search works as expected and we can find the contact even with searching only for his last name. I checked the defau...

Remove Excel Icon ??

Public Folder in distribution list #2
I have a public folder that needs to receive a daily newsletter from a newgroup. I set up the appropriate SMTP address on a distribution list, and then assigned the distribution list "Contributor" permissions on the public folder. I added the public folder to the distribution list (as well as one individual who receives it separately). When I send to the distribution list from an external account, I get a bounceback from the public folder SMTP address. Any ideas why? What version of Exchange? Why are you also using a distribution list? You can set the PF to receive mail dire...

Distribution list without e-mail address
I run an Exchange 2003 Enterprise server for a family owned corporation. Most of the executives are family members. We have maintained a distribution list in the GAL with the e-mail addresses of all family members, both in-house and external. The main purpose of the list is for ease of sending out important family news to the entire family in one fell-swoop. The problem with this, is that because this is a family owned business, many things go one that would not be tolerated in a public corporation. One of the main problems I have is that I am not allowed to police what users do with ...

All Address Lists -- Exchange 2003
I have created new address lists in Exchange 2003 under Exchange System Manager | Recipients | All address Lists. Is there a way to prevent a user from seeing the address list name in their Outlook client? For example, I have an address list called "Confidential Email Addresses", and so far I have been able to figure out how to set permissions so specific users cannot see the contents of the address list. However, these same users can still see the heading or name of the address list. I am trying to prevent questions as to why users can see an address list heading but ...

Removal

Remove lines with +++

Help needed weve been grey listed
Hi any help here will be super, basically weve been blacklisted by virgin and aol, just looking in system manager under smtp connections and found an ip address but no user? i traced the ip (but didnt write it down) to china, now trust me nobody works in china from here in the uk so this must be the source of the spam and why we are starting to get black listed. IN the properties of the smtp server anonymous is not tick and basic and intergrated authentication are ticked. On the firewall i ca see about 5 connections to exchange through port 25 some in china japand and germany but how are they ...

Common Contacts List
Hi Outlook 2003 We have just installed a server in our work. There are 8 computers connected to it, each with Outlook. What we would really, really like, is to have just 1 Contacts List which is accessable to all users via Outlook. Preferably, this list would live on the server. Thanks - Dave. Is the server Exchange server? If not, is it configured for LDAP? If the answer to both is No, then you would need a 3rd party program to share contacts. See http://www.slipstick.com/OUTLOOK/share.asp -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Ex...

How to Remove SRS

membership list
Friend of mine manages the membership list for a club, about 500 or so, using Excel as the program. It contains the usual; names, addresses, phone numbers, skill levels. Presently there are five levels. As can be expected, the list constantly changes with members moving to different levels, coming or leaving the club. There has to be periodic reports to the executive of the numbers in each category. I suggested adding a couple of blank lines after each category and using the CountA function to count the number of members in each category but I'm not very good at Excel either. The...

Add a drob down list box to the tool bar?
I'm working with Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0. The software I'm working on has a main window that brings up other windows when you click on various buttons on the tool bar. I need to add a drop down list box to the tool bar to select between 2 different modes. How do I go about adding a drop down list box on the tool bar? -Lee Browning Don't you mean a combo box? There are good samples in toolbar section of codeguru. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Lee ALICEngineer" <LeeALICEngineer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9620EAA...

image list
hi, i want to list images using a list box. can i use CImageList for .gif images? anu ...

Removing an item from menu

Distro list mail acceptance
How can i make my distribution lists not to accept emails from outside the company email addresses? If you are running Exchange 2003, you can click a checkbox on the Exchange General property (I think) page that tells it not to accept mail from anonymous connections. Otherwise, you have to put in a list of authorized senders. You could create a DL of your internal users, then put that in the list of people that are allowed to send to that DL. -- Jim McBee Blog: http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com Web: http://www.somorita.com "Sin Joe" <SinJoe@discussions.microsof...

Help on how to select one formula from a list of formulae
Tricky question, not sure if it's possible withou the use of a macro. What I want to do is have a list of formula in a table, eg numbered 1 - 10. I then want a cell to be able to take one of these formulae, and apply it to figures local to it. I want to be able to alternate which formula is looked up dynamically. Vlookup doesnt work as the formula are imported exactly as-is. I cant get indirect working with this as it imports 'text' only. Anybody have any other ideas how to do this. Cheers for any help Not sure if I understand you correctly but it seems like something that the...

copy group list
I have a copied group e-mail list in a word document. I want to recreate this list in outlook without entering each individual detail. Can I do this and if so, how? Clarify what you mean. Do you mean a Distribution List? If so, you should have transferred the DL directly. You cannot create a DL from a Word document. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Laurie P" <Laurie P@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8247649-5D89-4C36-8E09-6F9E8A154B5B@microsoft.com... >I have a copied group e-mail list in a word document. I want to recreate >this > list in ...

remove Fax from address book?

Need to remove selected characters

VLOOKUP using a list not in alphabetical order.
I want to create a pulldown list to select various material based on size (ie: 1/2" x 1", 5/8" x 1", 3/4" x 1", etc...). I then want to use VLOOKUP to find the associated price. The problem is that my list of material is not in alphabetical order as i want list them based on size therefore, 5/8" before 3/4" or 1" but Excel put the 1" first, followed by 1/2", 3/4", and then 5/8". I thought about adding a column in my list of material to number the items in the order i want them listed. But how do i tell VLOOKUP to look at the ...

Remove deduction code from payroll stub

How to Remove Yahoo toolbar