Remove Page Break In Excel 97

I recently uninstalled Office 2000 which was licensed to
my employer and installed my personal copy of Office 97.

I have noticed some strange behavior in Excel 97.

The most recent, and easiest to explain, is this.  I
added a page break and later decided to remove it.  I
right clicked on a cell below the break but the "Remove
Page Break" command was not on the drop down menu.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
0
anonymous (74718)

I've got both Excel 2000 and Excel 97, and I don't get an option to
"remove page break" by right-clicking on the cell below the break in
either version.

I remove the page breaks by highlighting the cell below the break ...
then "Insert" / "Remove Page Break" from the toolbar menu.

Are you sure you had the right-click option in Excel 2000?

---

misread the Help file.  I did find the command on the
Insert menu as you indicated.

Thanks
0
anonymous (74718)

.prn Files to Excel
Hello, I work in a system that displays data in spreadsheet format (display only, not editable). The system does not allow you to copy to the clipboard. I would like to put this data into excel to manipulate. The only way I can see is to print to a file (*.prn). Is there a way to open or use this file format in excel along the lines of a CSV or TXT file. If I try and open it with Excel the page comes up with squares and symbols everywhere. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Ray Ray, As far as I know, you can't open a prn file in Excel and get any meaningful data. -- Co...

Removal

Even Page Footer in a Section
2007: In a dble-sided 70-pg doc, about the 5th section, I cannot access the even page footers!! No way: by dble-clicking or via the H/F tools. When I double-click, it seems to jump to a footer that is over text. I've checked the page setup and seems ok. What to do? -- Janet A. Are you sure that there are enough pages in section 5 for all headers and footers to be visible? Try inserting a page break (temporarily) and see if that makes a difference. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Janet A. Thompson" <JanetA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Excel Options
How do you disable the rounding feature in excel (e.g. - I want to display 10/6, and not 5/3 as excel would display)? One way: Format/Cells/Number/Custom ?/6 In article <B77FDD23-4A2D-430D-8375-34F9944CCAAC@microsoft.com>, "todd" <todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do you disable the rounding feature in excel (e.g. - I want to display > 10/6, and not 5/3 as excel would display)? text format Thanks for the help. Let me take this question one step further. I want to create a bar graph that displays the fractional value taken from a table...

Remove Excel Icon ??

How many *MORE* laws did I break?
I bought another Dell D430 without an Operating system off eBay. I upgraded the RAM to 2GB. But of course I needed to install Windows. So I bought a memory panel with an XP professional COA on it for a whole $5, put that panel on the laptop and sold it! It works perfectly. So, how horrible a person am I for stealing from Microsoft? Should I be purged? Should I turn myself into the Microsoft piracy gulag? I feel so guilty. But I think I can live with it. Justin wrote: > I bought another Dell D430 without an Operating system off eBay. I > upgraded the RAM to 2GB. But...

Excel 2002
Hello. I am having problems filtering out phone numbers starting with 230745* in a column. I can filter out text but not numbers. Any ideas? If the entries truly are numbers, and assuming they are 10 digit numbers, then you need to use one criteria of >=2307450000 and another of <=2307459999 "Mike Faulkner" wrote: > Hello. I am having problems filtering out phone numbers starting with 230745* > in a column. I can filter out text but not numbers. Any ideas? I found this solution: Autofilter doesn't work with digits as if they were other characters (e.g. l...

Remove lines with +++

Connecting devices from one page to another
How do you conect devices from one page to another? On Wed, 6 Sep 2006 12:21:01 -0700, Robertini <Robertini@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do you conect devices from one page to another? select the shape, use the Insert -> Hyperlinks menu -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. http://www.pherber.com/ Electronics for Visio http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/ You can also use the offsheet shape available in the simple flow diagram stencil. "Robertini" <Robertini@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: A99647B9-907...

Anchoring a form to the top of the form when moving from page to p
Hi there In my database, I have a main form and a subforms which consists of a tab control. When I navigate from page to page, my position on the page varies. Is there anyway to anchor it so that the form remains at the top instead of jumping all around the place? Thank you in advance. ...

3 hole punched paper and excel spreadsheets
Help! Excel non-user needs to know how to set up spread sheets to shift tables to print on 3 hole punced paper. Our Excel guru is out having a baby! Can You help? Running Excel 2002. Thanks, Carl *** Sent via http://www.automationtools.com *** Add a newsgroup interface to your website today. On the print preview. Click the margins button. At the top border, there are small black tabs (margin tabs). If you drag the margin tabs over slightly, you may be able to get everything you want on the page. If it doesn't work exit the workbook but don't save the changes. Anywho, make a back...

How to Remove SRS

How to create a shortcut in Excel?
How to create a shortcut in Excel? Hi Vova To a macro? To a sheet? A shortcut on the desktop to a file? Post back with more info and someone can help you -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "Vova" <vcapko@gng.com.ua> wrote in message news:04c701c3cbbe$cc6a9e30$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How to create a shortcut in Excel? Vova wrote: > How to create a shortcut in Excel? One way (Excel 97): Insert >> Hyperlink ...

Shortcuts of excel
I want to perform a "horizontally page down" , switch from column 1 to column 50 . are there any shortcut keys perform such action? are there any article listing all the shortcut key of excel? thank you. "Page across" is Alt+PageDown. To page back towards the A column again you do Alt+PageUp. If you look in Excel Help you should be able to find a list of shortcut keys (it was there up to Excel 2000). Regards David "cclai" <chichung15@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e7H2C9PqDHA.1020@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I want to perform a "horizontal...

Document Imaging Writer and Publisher--incorrect number of pages? #2
When I scanned a document from Publisher using Microsoft Document Imagining Writer, it scanned 4 pages into 2 and lost some content. Don't know why this happened or how to fix it. Please advise. Thanks ...

Excel "forgetting" its add-ins
There is nothing more annoying than having to reinstall the stupid Solver or other add-ins (such as regression) after not using them for a while! I teach the same class every Spring and every late January or early February I need to check a homework problem on my laptop here and there. And every year, the same damn story, I have to insert some stupid disk, which I don't have with me on a trip. I specifically remember doing THE COMPLETE INSTALLATION of the stupid Office software on my machine precisely to avoid this problem, because this incredible annoyance and frustrat...

Text Boxes on Tabbed pages in Form
I have an entry form for a database, and it has 8 tabbed pages. I have recently added 2 new text boxes in order to record and gather more information. However, as I go through the tabbed pages, the 2 new boxes I created show on every page. I noticed that when I click on the page tab, all the other boxes and fields that change from page to page have a black box, seemingly to show that they are grouped. I then when to Format and tried to group in my two new boxes, but that is not an option. I was wondering what can be done so I can have my newly created items only appear on the first...

remove Fax from address book?

Excel PDF
Does anyoine know is it possible to save a document as a PDF file ? You can save an excel file as a PDF file but you have to have a PDF writer. "Craigv_2000" wrote: > Does anyoine know is it possible to save a document as a PDF file ? Craig For FREE!!! I have had success with the free file downloads and instructions for use here at Dale Nurden's site. http://www.rcis.co.za/dale/info/pdfguide.htm Saves first to single *.ps file which you then convert to *.pdf Returns one PDF file from multiple sheets or selected sheet. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 13:16...

Removing an item from menu

How do I import an excel spreadsheet to a word document #2
I have a saved excel spreadsheets (3 tabs). I want to import this to my Word document so in the word, I can select the three different tabs and also see the formulas. How do I simply do this? And how do I create spreadsheets in word using the excel function? -- Amuse ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Amuse's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25086 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=385993 ...

ie8 "error on page"
Using ie8 whenever I click on links that are supposed to pop up a new window, nothing happens, and I see in the status bar "error on page". This has been the case for for Win 7 RC and now for Win 7 Ultimate Build 7600. In fact I'm using Firefox 3.5.5 to send this message because when I click on 'New' in ie8 I have this problem. Also whenever I click on any link in ie8, it does not work unless I hold the Ctrl or Shift key down. -- Jim Ormsbee Try using the 32-bit version of IE. Using CTRL or Shift bypasses the security settings -- it is an acknowledg...