Remove Group Box border lines (without using macro)?

Is there a non-macro solution to removing the Group Box border lines?
If not, a macro solution would also be appreciated, but as it is going
into a multi-user form, I don't want to scare the users with macro
warnings. ;)

Thank you!
-Meghan

I don't think you can do this except via a macro.  But you could run the macro
to hide those borders and release the workbook with no macros.

In fact, you don't even need a macro--just just need the code.

Hit alt-f11 to get to the VBE
hit ctrl-G to see the immediate window

type this in and hit enter:

activesheet.groupboxes.visible = false

This hides all the groupboxes on the activesheet.

You could wrap it in a macro in a different workbook so that you could use it on
demand and not have the workbook so scary!

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Thanks - I should have known that... :)

Dave Peterson <ec35720@msn.com> wrote in message news:<4075ED3C.57EBB451@msn.com>...
> But you could run the macro
> to hide those borders and release the workbook with no macros.

Matching Data in Excel to Closest Grouping
Let's say I have data in column A and categories in columns B, C, D. want to take the data I have in column A and assign it one of th values in the three following columns. So, for instance, A1 = 10,000 B1 = 20,000 C1 = 12,000 and D1 = 6,000 I'd like E1 to have a formula that took the value in A1 (10,000) an determined to which of B1, C1 and D1 it was closest and give me tha value (in this case it should give me 12,000). Is this doable? THANKS -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, I believe Frank Kabel or some of the others will have a much more elequent soluti...

Remove the word 'total' from subtotals
Hi I am doing a subtotal using hte sum function After excel subtotals it inserts the word 'total' in the same line as the field being subtotal How can I remove total? I need to take the subtotaled info and upload it into another program and it will not work with the word totoal there Thanks Have you tried F2 and edit the cell contents to remove what you don't want? Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 19:40:02 -0500, yahoo <nj530@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hi > >I am doing a subtotal using hte sum function > >After excel subtotals it inserts the word '...

Maro warning banner, despite no macros present?
I have a couple of PP presentations that I made to use for work. I will call them PP1 and PP2. With PP1, the macro warning banner appears in the .ppt and ..pps versions of this file, despite the fact that there are no macros. I have gone to the .ppt version of PP1 and removed the macros under tools and VBA editor, and even lowered the security settings, yet I still get the warning banner. I have another PP presentation that works great, PP2, however it takes about 15 seconds to open in the .pps version. I thought that perhaps the screen shots I put in PP2 made for a large fil...

Displaying a new screen when choosing from a dropdowm box
Hi I wanted to know if i can change the screen (having new fields and attribute) when i choose an item form a drop down box is it possible? ...

Macro to delete current row AND delete objects also located in that row.
Is there a way to, when a macro deletes the current row, to also have it find and delete any drawn objects [circles, rectangles, etc]. when my macro deletes a row, a remnant of the drawn object, which appears as a line, remains. I am using XL 2002. Thanks, Tonso The drawing object is not part of the row so won't be deleted with the row(s) Set its properties to "move but not size with cells" and it won't shrink up to a line when you delete rows. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 13:41:49 -0800 (PST), Tonso <wthomasss@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a...

Prevent removal of fields from pivot table or chart
Is it possible to prevent the user from moving or removing fields from a pivot table or chart. I have one user that likes to move thing around and he always seems to make things disappear. I would like to allow the filtering but not allow the moving of the dropdown options. Thanks -- deb ...

Removing active locks
Is there any way to remove an active lock from a record in a table in Dexterity? Its not advisable to remove manually. If you want to overide dex lock use store proc or pass through sql. Check master database for Dex Lock table and Dex Session table. Also you can go thru dex help about active lock. "Greg M" wrote: > Is there any way to remove an active lock from a record in a table in > Dexterity? ...

Contacts in GAL using Cached Exchange Mode
Hey all I am using Outlook 2003 in cached exchange mode connecting to Exchange 2000. I have an issue when doing lookups for addresses in the GAL. Before I changed to cached exchange mode, I used to type the first part of someone's email address (ie cameron.mc) and press Crtl-K which would look up the contact from the GAL. It would also work by entering the contact name (ie cameron mcshane) and clicking Ctrl-K. However, once I chanegd to cached mode this no longer works. I now must either type the full address, or the contact as it appears in the GAL ('McShane, Cameron' or ...

Mailmig.exe command line
Hi, Mailmig from Exchange 5.5 to 2003 In mailmig version of ex2000 when using command line and text file for users who should be migrated - and this file is empty - no users will be migrated. In mailmig.exe version in exchange 2003 the same scenario will migrate ALL the users from source ex 5.5 server !!!! I tried to find som documentation on mailmig (command line) part for ex2003 - but could not find any. Some contol file parameters has obviously been removed from ex2003 version (error messages, NTaccounts etc.) Thanks Hello Roy, Thank you for requesting support for Exchange Server 200...

How can I lock worksheets while macros can still enter into them?
I want to lock worksheets for outside users. But when I do it and a macro needs to go into the worksheet, the system gives an error. So is there a way to lock worksheets while still allowing macros to enter into the sheets and function properly? enginguven, you can protect the sheet with user interface only, like this ActiveSheet.Protect UserInterfaceOnly:=True, password:="123" or Sheets("Sheet1").Protect UserInterfaceOnly:=True, Password:="123" or use something like this Const PW As String = "123" 'Change Password Here ActiveSheet.Unprotect P...

Link Outlook 2003 to Project pro 2003 without the server
Hi all, Is there away of linking my projects to my outlook calendar and task list with out having to get the server. I am a only user and really dont need a server just for this. All I want to do is take the projects I am working on and have them in my task list and on my outlook calendar so I dont have to keep inputting stuff twice. I want more then just exporting my task list to project. I want when I complete a task on the project it is also completed in outlook or the other way around. I dont see why this is not posible. I should be able to create a link between the two for a task. ...

Txt box value from query field
Access 2007 FormA uses TableA. TableA has FieldA which is a very non-descript code. TableB is related to TableA on that field (FieldA) and has all the descriptive info behind the non-descript code. I created a query to retrieve from TableB the descriptive info based on the value of FieldA on the form. When I run the query, it behaves correctly. I get the 1 record from TableB that I am expecting. When I try to populate a text field on FormA from one of the fields from the query, I get #Name. Seems simple enough. But, alas, not working. TIA. On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 09:59:01 -0800, So...

changing columns in the select names dialog box
Outlook 2003 using Microsoft Exchange Server. 1) Is it possible to change which columns display and in what order in the "select columns" dialog box? 2) I have found that I can remove a column by dragging and sliding a column to the left against the next column on the left. Unfortunately I have removed some columns that I would like to see. How do I get the columns to appear again? Many thanks. Jeff 1) No.=20 2) That's a tricky one! It took a couple of minutes for me to figure = out. Position your mouse pointer exactly over the divider on the left = side of the colu...

Problem with long filename in Win 98 while reading the filename from command line using function ParseCommandLine()
Hi All, I am developing an MDI application using MFC. I am facing a problem related to long file name in Windows 98. When I drags a file with longer name of 8 characters (say abcdefghijk.txt), on the icon of my application on the desktop. My application opens the file with modified filename, eg. abcdef~2,txt. This problem does not exist on Win2K. BOOL CIcadApp::InitInstance() { CCommandLineInfo cmfInfo; ParseCommandLine(cmdInfo); ....... Is their any solution to this problem ? Thanks, M# This is not really a problem. MS-DOS does not know if the target can handle l...

macro needs info on currently highlighted message in search folder
I created a search folder, "Messages Sent Or Received Prior To 2008) by using the Advanced Search and creating a query. The list of messages is shown, including just the lowest level folder name. I can navigate through the messages, and I'd like write a macro to show the full folder path of the currently selected (not opened) message, because I have many dozens of folders and they're not all named uniquely at the lowest level. Can this be done? Thanks tbone Show it where? Outlook version? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Program...

inserting a goal line in a chart
Is there a way to work a line for a performance goal into a chart in excel, or do you just have to draw it as a separate object? Jon Peltier has instructions for adding a horizontal line to a chart: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html#AddLine Victoria wrote: > Is there a way to work a line for a performance goal into a chart in excel, > or do you just have to draw it as a separate object? > -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Remove active directory
Hello everyone!! I want to remove Active Directory from my exchange 2003 server. Is it supported? will I lose functionality in Exchange? Thank you, Cristina what exactly do you mean? you cannot run Exchange 2003 without active directory...what is it you wish to remove? "Cristina Boero S." <CristinaBoeroS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B4FF2A45-F114-4C35-9768-47B078B6AC85@microsoft.com... > Hello everyone!! > > I want to remove Active Directory from my exchange 2003 server. Is it > supported? will I lose functionality in Exchange? > > T...

Save As using contents of Cell in Name

Using IsError with Match
I have a list box from which a user may select a client. My code then looks through a list of employees to find the ones belonging to that client. For various reasons, it is possible to select a client that might not be represented in the list of employees (it's necessary, I assure you). In case the user selects a client that isn't in the employee list, I wanted to catch this and avoid an error message. The code that is supposed to do this is below. If IsError(Application.WorksheetFunction.Match(ClientNum, ClientEEs, 0)) = True Then ' Do stuff End If Howev...

count cells using multiple criteria
Can anyone show me how to count the number of rows containing two or more criteria? For example, if one column has the text "DO" and another column has the text "RD11" how do I count only those rows that contain both DO and RD11? One way: =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A1000="DD"),--(B1:B1000="RD11")) In article <0F41177E-45A0-4B0B-AE33-6BCCF2F3B8D1@microsoft.com>, Alex68 <Alex68@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can anyone show me how to count the number of rows containing two or more > criteria? For example, if one column has the te...

Anyone use Promys CRM software integrated with GP Dynamics?
Our company is considering using Promys as a CRM to create quotes and sales orders for the sales team. I am concerned about the integration with GP and what the pitfalls may be. Is anyone here currently using Promys with GP Dynamics? ...

Someone's using my domain name to send e-mails
I came into work this morning and I received an e-mail from myself. An e-mail I never sent. From: Annsmith@mydomain.com To: Annsmith@mydomain.com How is this possible?. The message was for weight loss pills. I look after the computers in the office so I have to find an answer for this problem. Also, last week, an employee received and e-mail from someone using our domain name. jim@mydomain.com. Right away I knew it was fake because we don't use that kind of naming convention here at the office and I'm the only one who sets up the e-mail addresses. We use Outlook 2000 and excha...

Macro to edit cell
I would like to write a macro that edits the first 6 digits of a cell but leaving the last 6 digits as is. something like for each c in selection c.value="123456"&right(c,len(c)-6) next "Kevin" <kehan@stormontvail.org> wrote in message news:0ea901c36801$b49474f0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I would like to write a macro that edits the first 6 > digits of a cell but leaving the last 6 digits as is. ...

how to match between two list using letters
Hi, I have two sheets as follows: sheet1 A--------------B 34145 D173abcd 333215 TI242EFG 344233 E0124ABCD Sheet2 A-----------B------------C D-173 abcd ? B-241 efgh ? TI-242 XYZ ? E-0124 STQ ? What I want to do is taking the value from Colum A in sheet1 and put it in column C in sheet 2 using Sheet1 Column B as an indicator. Please note that the Column A in sheet2 has the same data of Column B in sheet1 but there are extra letters and characters. In C1 of sheet2 and copy dow...