Remove duplicate rows

I am trying to write a macro that would remove duplicate rows in a worksheet. The worksheet consists of Columns A-M. There are 200 rows. I would like to search column B for any duplicates and remove the duplicates completely. I used the following code from an earlier post, but it just seems to do the search on column A. I am also trying to have any data that is below row 200 to remain in the same cell even though some of the rows in the search are being deleted

Public Sub DeleteDuplicateRows(

' This macro deletes duplicate rows in the selection. Duplicates ar
' counted in the COLUMN of the active cell

Dim Col As Intege
Dim r As Lon
Dim C As Rang
Dim N As Lon
Dim V As Varian
Dim Rng As Rang

On Error GoTo EndMacr
Application.ScreenUpdating = Fals
Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManua

Col = ActiveCell.Colum

If Selection.Rows.Count > 1 The
    Set Rng = Selectio
Els
    Set Rng = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Row
End I

N =
For r = Rng.Rows.Count To 1 Step -
    V = Rng.Cells(r, 1).Valu
    If Application.WorksheetFunction.CountIf(Rng.Columns(1), V) > 1 The
        Rng.Rows(r).EntireRow.Delet
        N = N +
    End I
Next

EndMacro

Application.ScreenUpdating = Tru
Application.Calculation = xlCalculationAutomati

End Su

0
anonymous (74718)

Hi
I already posted a possible solution for this in yur earlier thread. A
repost:

------
try the following macro (borrowed from
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm#DeleteDuplicateRows):
Public Sub DeleteDuplicateRows()

Dim Col As Integer
Dim r As Long
Dim C As Range
Dim N As Long
Dim V As Variant
Dim Rng As Range

On Error GoTo EndMacro
Application.ScreenUpdating = False

Col = ActiveCell.Column

Set Rng = ActiveSheet.Range("B1:B199")

N = 0
For r = 199 To 1 Step -1
    V = Rng.Cells(r, 2).Value
    If Application.WorksheetFunction.CountIf(Rng,V) > 1 Then
        Rng.Rows(r).EntireRow.ClearContents
        N = N + 1
    End If
Next r

EndMacro:

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

After this select the rows 1:199 and sort them so that you move the
blank lines down

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

tbasic wrote:
> I am trying to write a macro that would remove duplicate rows in a
> worksheet. The worksheet consists of Columns A-M. There are 200 rows.
> I would like to search column B for any duplicates and remove the
> duplicates completely. I used the following code from an earlier
> post, but it just seems to do the search on column A. I am also
> trying to have any data that is below row 200 to remain in the same
> cell even though some of the rows in the search are being deleted.
>
> Public Sub DeleteDuplicateRows()
> '
> ' This macro deletes duplicate rows in the selection. Duplicates are
> ' counted in the COLUMN of the active cell.
>
> Dim Col As Integer
> Dim r As Long
> Dim C As Range
> Dim N As Long
> Dim V As Variant
> Dim Rng As Range
>
> On Error GoTo EndMacro
> Application.ScreenUpdating = False
> Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual
>
> Col = ActiveCell.Column
>
> If Selection.Rows.Count > 1 Then
>     Set Rng = Selection
> Else
>     Set Rng = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows
> End If
>
> N = 0
> For r = Rng.Rows.Count To 1 Step -1
>     V = Rng.Cells(r, 1).Value
>     If Application.WorksheetFunction.CountIf(Rng.Columns(1), V) > 1
>         Then Rng.Rows(r).EntireRow.Delete
>         N = N + 1
>     End If
> Next r
>
> EndMacro:
>
> Application.ScreenUpdating = True
> Application.Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic
>
> End Sub

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Remove Excel Icon ??

How to pull every tenth row of information out of a 5,000-row spreadsheet?
At work, we're doing a poll of 500 people, and we've got a list of 5,000 = potential people to contact in a vast, 5,000-row Microsoft Excel=20 spreadsheet. =20 Is there a way to run a query or a macro or something that will=20 automatically go in and select every tenth row on this document and=20 either erase the intervening rows and move all the remaining to the=20 top, and/or copy the contents of every tenth row into a new document=20 (but without nine blank rows between each row?) =20 We're using Microsoft Excel v.X on Mac OS X Jaguar. =20 Most of what we do is graphic desig...

Removal

Remove lines with +++

How to Remove SRS

remove Fax from address book?

Removing an item from menu

Remove deduction code from payroll stub

Duplicate e-mail messages 2000 downloaded in outlook, there must be a solution
I recently installed Microsoft Office XP and downloaded all of the service packs and patches to Office (including Outlook 2002). Almost every time I reboot and even sometimes reload outlook, Outlook will keep downloading the same messages into my folders from the e-mail server of each account. I have "leave a copy" on server checked for most of my counts. Is their a solution to this problem? This could be because of firewall settings so that a confirmation of receiving cannot be send back to the smtp server. Disable the firewall for a while and see if the problem is gone. Hope this...

Need to remove selected characters

How to Remove Yahoo toolbar

Removing password protection on a sheet

In Excel is it possible to hide a row condtional upon a cell val..
In Excel is it possible to hide a row condtional upon a cell value? with a macro yes,or you could format white text and all values would disapear. -- paul remove nospam for email addy! "Louise" wrote: > In Excel is it possible to hide a row condtional upon a cell value? The white text makes the text disappear, but not the entire row or column of cells. With a macro, is it possible to make the cells automatically unhide then if the data becomes relevant again due to changes? "paul" wrote: > with a macro yes,or you could format white text and all values woul...

Grouping multiple rows
I am trying to make a report in Excel from data that was taken from a database. I have two worksheets. The first contains my raw data, which is in the form of one row per record. The second is my report. In the report, I would like to have multiple rows for each record, so that I can conserve horizontal space. There are two things I would like to do: 1) Sort my records by some field. 2) Autofill all of my records down the whole worksheet. Both of these are hard to do because I want to use 3 lines for each item, instead of one. If I fill in the references to the raw data worksheet...

Adding and removing removable drives

how to remove print option in a particular excel file
how to remove print option in a particular excel file You can do this Copy this event in the Thisworkbook module Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Cancel = True End Sub If you want to remove the print icon post back -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "excel" <excel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7859E37-2534-4E83-8F71-B9C3CF5C37BA@microsoft.com... > how to remove print option in a particular excel file ...

Removing Synchronised Contacts
We've a number of client pcs that have been installed with the Outlook Client pointing to a user acceptance test (UAT) system. The Outlook client has synchronized CRM contacts into their Outlook Contacts folder. How can we remove the UAT contacts? I tried to do a Find in Outlook to find the CRM specific contacts, but you don't seem to be able to find the CRM user defined fields? Strange. Any thoughts? You can see the custom CRM fields on an contact view. Choose a contact view that lists the records in a table form, such as 'Phone List'. Then, choose to customize ...

Remove & Reinstall Outlook 2003
Outlook 2003 came bundled in Microsoft Office XP Professional on my new computer. Can anyone tell me how to remove and reinstall Outlook 2003? Thanks. J J Kendel <jkendel2002@yahoo.com> wrote: > Outlook 2003 came bundled in Microsoft Office XP > Professional on my new computer. Really? 2003? Office XP typically includes Outlook 2002. >Can anyone tell me how to remove and reinstall Outlook >2003? Go to Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs. Find Office and click "Change". Remove the Outlook part. Reboot. Go back to that point and add it back in again. -...

Removing BINS
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0072_01CA379C.F0CAF860 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have some thousand of BINS; creating so many problems while doing the = cycle counts because they have zero Qty. on Hand and Zero Beginning = Qty.. when I do the scheduling, I get hundreds of page of report with = zero on hand data. Now as per KB 874145, if there is ZERO on-hand and there is no un-posted = TRX and these bins are not assigned default BINS, these can be deleted. = Guess. No I have use...

Duplicate Emails #11
I do I stop getting duplicate emails? I only have POP mail and not Exchange. Help! Thanks. If you have set rules to move mail frm one folder to another it may be that you have set it to 'keep a copy' David "Andy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00a501c3de4b$94e5afa0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I do I stop getting duplicate emails? I only have POP > mail and not Exchange. Help! Thanks. What version of Outlook do you have? If Outlook 2002, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q284404 might help. -- Jeff Stephen...

Duplicate Record Error on Owner Assignment
Hello, When I try and reassign an Account record to a different owner I get an error of: "Duplicate Record A record with these values already exists. A duplicate record cannot be created. Select one or more unique values and try again." But I've looked and the record would not be a duplicate record. And this only happens in some cases of transfering owners, but not for others. The error I get on the server is: "Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040237 Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace fo...