Relative, absolute and mixed values

How do I set a default for relative, absolute or mixed values so that I don't
have to toggle through the F4 function each time?
0
Neita (1)

Combining cell values
I have a list which has companyname and contracts numbers in column A & B Example Company Name Contract Number AAA 888888 BBB 888088 BBB 888333 What I could like to do is to write a formula or a macro to combine all the contracts numbers for a company into a single cell for example AAA 888888 BBB 888088, 888333 Can this be done? Thanks Pls try this formulae in column C =A1&" "&B1 Note : " " is for spacing Rajkuma -- Message...

Indirect function
Hi, I struggle to create a macro with INDIRECT function that would jump to different cells. What cell I want to jump to depends on a currently selected cell. This means I need to put a relative reference into the function. Here is my function - I need to replace R1C1 expression with a realtive one (currently selected cell address with the same behavior as R1C1 expression). How can I do that? Application.Goto Reference:= _ "INDIRECT(CONCATENATE(R56C8,""!"",""a"",MATCH(R56C1,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE(R56 C8,1)),false)))" Whatever I do I get follo...

No duplicates wanted in column except for default value...
Hi, Having a hard time trying to help myself with this one, so I am posting a question... I want to set a field in my table to have no duplicates allowed except for the Default Value I assign to it... I want to accept multiple entries of the default value, but only single entries for all else... Possible? Thanks in Advance... Coolbreeze, Sounds like that will have to be handlked at the form... more so than the table. A field is either Indexed NoDupes or Dupes Allowed. No way to mix... Make the field Allow Dupes. I'll assume that the value that can...

combining related data into one row of data
Access 2003 If I have a table like this with fields and data like this: Table1 Acct - Name ------ value1 - value2 - value3 123------Bob------------10-----------10-------10 123------Sue------------10-----------10-------10 How can I get a query result like this? Acct - Name ------ value1 - value2 - value3 123--- Bob, Sue------20------------20--------20 Any assistance greatly appreciated! RBolling On Aug 2, 4:54 pm, Duane Hookom <duanehookom@NO_SPAMhotmail.com> wrote: > There is a generic concatenate function with sample usage athttp://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/OtherLibraries.asp...

Passing values between reports
Here is the deal, I have a billing system that uses multiple reports. All reports get open when I run the system. Everything works fine when there is data in all the reports, and data summaries gets passed from all reports to the summary report. Sometimes in one or more reports in a certain month, there is no data, and instead of passing 0 (zero) from the these reports that do not have data to the summary reports. I get #Error or #Name. (The summary values to be passed are usually in the footer section of the reports) I use this on the summary report to get the values from the re...

Can I show a reference value with a string?
Hi All, For a single field, can I show a refernce value (ex: =B2+B3) and then follow up some strings? the final result looks like this: The price is 20 Thank you very much. Best regards, Boki. ="The price is "&B2+B3 -- goober ------------------------------------------------------------------------ goober's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19838 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=486137 If you want to use a format like currency you need to use the TEXT function ="The price is &q...

Adding Field Values
Has anyone added values in fields to give a total? There are 20 fields. 1 - 19 have a value (say 5 each) Field number 20 requires the total of 19 x 5. Any assistance greatly appreciated. Cheers, Mandy. Hi Mandy You can use JavaScript on Form onLoad or onSave to do it. sample code: var sum = crmForm.all.[fieldname1].DataValue + crmForm.all.[fieldname2].DataValue + crmForm.all.[fieldname3].DataValue + ... var total = sum * 5; crmForm.all.[fieldname20].DataValue = total; Hope this helps! Darren Liu Crowe Chizek and Company http://www.crowecrm.com Mandy wrote: > Has anyone added...

Use percentages instead of values
I have a series of numbers that show how a hard drives space is being used. The table shows the figures in GB values. How do I get a pie chart based on the table to show the % per section and not the GB value? In the data labels tab of the format series or chart options dialogs, you can select percentage instead of value for display in the labels of a pie chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Keith" <Keith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06...

relative path...
Hello, Using VC++6, I have created an MFC application. My .exe utilizes an outside folder named 'MyFolder'. Presently, I have used the following code in my .exe to access 'MyFolder': CString InitialPath="C:\\Documents and Settings\\Main\\Desktop\ \MyFolder\\"; 'MyFolder' is located in the same folder as my '.exe' What relative path could I use so '.exe' can access 'MyFolder'? Thanks in advance, RABMissouri2007 "RAB" <rabmissouri@yahoo.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:1188483407.448383.320730@g4g2000hsf.goo...

I want chart source data to be relative references, not absolute.
Everytime I try to enter the chart source data as a relative reference, Excel automatically adds the dollar signs to make the references absolute. I have 12 groups of columns repeating data above the graphs. (The rows and the columns are identical, except for the data entered in the variable cells.) If the cell source data were relative, I could copy the original chart over 11 times and be done. Since it is not, I have to go in each chart and manually edit the source data to adjust the column references. This is a pain. Also, if we delete or add any groups of column data, which we...

Value Pak Installer

How to add column(s) that show Yes or No indicating whether that record came from a related table
I had to merge three tables together, and now a request has been made to show (in the merged flat file) in which report the data exists. So I will be adding three columns, and there needs to be a streaming Yes or No in each column, indicating whether the Person's name matches to each file. Is there a way to do this? I am stumped, but mainly b/c I am new to Access and am learning how to connect some of these queries to result in the desired output. Any suggestions would be appreciated. > I had to merge three tables together Why? As in why would you want/need to do that? That is comp...

How to join two fields by filling in Null values??
Hello, I have a query that basically shows a few records with the recordID being the first column, and then two prices (Buyer price second column and Seller Price the third one). It looks like this: BespokeID Buyer Seller Curro 45 Curro 47 Bianca 12 Bianca 9 The ID values (Curro for example) repeat because the price from the buyer and the seller are already taken and separated from a previous table where they are both on the same column. The records on that table would look like this: BespokeID Buyer/Seller Price Cur...

cell.value comply with cell.value before and cell.value after
Hi Expert, In column C which is sorted based on column D, groups of words emerge. Occasionally a deviant word occurs within such a group of uniform words, eg.: row column C 1 Word 2 Word 3 Word 4 ord 5 Word 6 Word 7 From 8 From etc. etc. Is there some way I can make 'ord' like 'Word' and loop through the whole of Column C to fix similar situations. The condition is that ord lies between two similar words, 'Word'. When row 7 starts with a new group of Words, eg From, this From word will be left untouched. Woul...

Duplicate a chart with relative formulas
If I have several sheets, each with data for a particular year, how can I copy a chart from 1 year to all the others, making sure the data references are to the respective year? Duplicate the sheet that has the chart, then replace the data on the copied sheet. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ On 3/23/2010 9:29 PM, Bobhoe wrote: > If I have several sheets, each with data for a particular year, how can I > copy a chart from 1 year to all the others, making sure the data references > are to the respective year? ...

Named Range that uses "relative" range
BTW - Excel 2003. I have some data in a table with a column for Jan (column A), Feb (column B), etc. for Sales in Jan, Feb, etc. In the past, I had array formulas that added up each month as needed, using an Array Sum, starting with Jan formula were refer to A$1:A$99. As I copied this formula for Feb, the range I added up was relative, so changed to B$1:B$99, etc. Now I am trying to switch to some cleaner Named Ranges, such as Sales_Jan, Sales_Feb, etc.). My add Array Sum formulas have been changed to use the Named Ranges. Unformtunately, my formula for Jan uses Sales_Jan, wh...

Return error #VALUE!
Why do I get this error with this formula? =IF(D3=0,"",E3/2000)*(G3/D3) What's in E3? What's in G3? What's in D3? If they're really all numbers, maybe you want: =IF(D3=0,"",(E3/2000)*(G3/D3)) (you can't multiply "" by g3/d3.) GYoder wrote: > > Why do I get this error with this formula? =IF(D3=0,"",E3/2000)*(G3/D3) -- Dave Peterson ...

#VALUE error
I am using Excel from Office 2007. I transfered a spreadsheet program from a Works spreadsheet, which I had adapted from one supplied with the program. It calculates your mortgage payments. I adapted it to calculate ROI from several variables on prespective rental properties. In Excel I get a #VALUE error when a cell conditionally references another cell that references another cell. I have attached several of the cell functions. =IF(AND(F5,F6,F7),PMT((F6/12)/100,F11,-F5),"") =IF(AND(G8,G9,G10),PMT((G9/12)/100,G13,-G8),"") =IF(G24,G24/G5,"") The online ...

Computing value for Receipt
Hi, all Before printing a receipt, I need to compute a value for a field to be printed, based on other data that will also be printed. I believe the formula will be more complicated than a <sub> can handle. My understanding is that the <sub> cannot do string parsing, substrings, arrays, etc. Is that correct? The documentation made a reference to VBA, saying that the subroutine would be called like in VBA, but I didn't get the impression that the sub is actually VBA code. If it is, then I think a sub will work. Is there more detailed documentation of writing subrout...

database related problem
I am trying to post this message to the database session, but there seems to be a problem for the past few days posting to it. Here is my question: I have a CRecordset class (call it CMyProblem), which I'm using to update an Access table. I am using MoveFirst() to set the pointer to record 1 and am iterating through the table with MoveNext(). Everytime before moving to the next record, I update a text field. After about the third record, I got a 'Multiple rows were updated' message, which I corrected by changing CMyProblem from snapshot to dynaset. I am using the open() member fun...

combining row values into one cell while filter is active
Hi all! I need to combine several row values into one cell. In an older thread I found the macro below: Sub ReallyBigRow() ''take a column of cells and put all into one big row separated by commas ''originally posted by John Wilson Dim Lastrow As Long Dim cell As Range Dim DataRng As Range Dim strRow As String Lastrow = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row Set DataRng = Range("A1:A" & Lastrow) For Each cell In DataRng strRow = strRow & cell.Value & "," Next cell Range("B1&qu...

Vlookups using 2 Values
Hi I am trying to use 2 separate cells of data to get a value in a vlookup. =VLOOKUP($D119119+$J119119,Lookup!$J$2:$L20,3,FALSE) - formula I am using Is the plus sign correct? When I use the + sign it is adding up and giving me a number when d119119 is a date and j11919 is a number Date Shift Letter 2/8 1 C 2/8 2 D 2/9 1 C 2/9 2 D 2/10 1 A 2/10 2 B 2/11 1 A 2/11 2 B Using info from the date column and shift column to get the info from the letter column. 1 and 2 are shifts for the day. Thank You I hope someone knows how to No. The symbol to use when you're conc...

How to insert picture with relative path
Word 2007. When you insert picture with link to graphic file path is absolute by default. It is not convinient when you move doc and picture to other computer. How to edit path? P.S. Word 2003 made relative path. Hi Sevilho, To see how to implement relative paths in Word, check out the solution I've posted at: http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/index.php?showtopic=670027 -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "Sevilho" <Sevilho@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7DCEEA1C-3426-4AF7-A4DE-5888DC9B9D66@microsoft.com... > Word 200...

Extract values off a chart???
Dear Excel Experts: I have created a scatter chart of x and y values. Having done this, is it at all possible to extract intermediate values from the chart. For example, can I call out a value on the x axis and somehow have the program interpolate a value along the y axis where the x axis value would intersect. If this can't be done, then can someone tell me how to interpolate from the data that was used to create this chart? Here's what I have: the x axis is a series of values that represent rainfall storm duarations in minutes, i.e. 10 min, 30 min, etc. The y axis value...

Copy value from other form
Briefly: Form A being used as a "startup" form. Form B used as a data entry form. Form A remains open while Form B is being used. Question: Could I have one unbound field (say "Field1") on Form A, and have this value show up as part of the header of Form B? On form B, I tried entering the expression below in the control source box... =[Form A].forms![Field1] .....but all I get is "#Name?" Thanks in advance "Stilla" <Stilla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8174520C-B0EE-41F4-8980-3CE3353C7A47@microsoft.com... > Br...