Refresh some not Refresh All

Hello.  I have a workbook with 10 sheets all of which have external data that
needs to be refreshed periodically.  Most of the time I only need to refresh
8 of the sheets.  Is there a way to refresh just those 8 without having to
refresh each one separately?
Thanks in advance.

You can use a macro to do it. It would go something like this...

Sub RefreshSome()
    Dim wks As Worksheet
    Dim qt As QueryTable

    For Each wks In Worksheets
        Select Case wks.Name
        Case "Sheet1", "sheet2"
        Case Else
            For Each qt In wks.QueryTables
                qt.Refresh
            Next qt
        End Select
    Next wks

End Sub

the above will refresh all querytables in all sheets excpet for sheet1 and
sheet2
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"PBISMaryland" wrote:

> Hello.  I have a workbook with 10 sheets all of which have external data that
> needs to be refreshed periodically.  Most of the time I only need to refresh
> 8 of the sheets.  Is there a way to refresh just those 8 without having to
> refresh each one separately?
> Thanks in advance.

how do i refresh or sync all?
I am trying to force my mail to refresh, or to look for new mail much like Outlook Express does when you click on "Sync All". Maybe I shouldn't be concerned with this. Does Outlook deliver mail as soon as it is processed by the server or is it sent at preset intervals set by the administrator? Les perhaps you mean Send/Receive ? Still learning wrote: > I am trying to force my mail to refresh, or to look for new mail much like > Outlook Express does when you click on "Sync All". Maybe I shouldn't be > concerned with this. Does Outlook de...

Refresh some not Refresh All
Hello. I have a workbook with 10 sheets all of which have external data that needs to be refreshed periodically. Most of the time I only need to refresh 8 of the sheets. Is there a way to refresh just those 8 without having to refresh each one separately? Thanks in advance. You can use a macro to do it. It would go something like this... Sub RefreshSome() Dim wks As Worksheet Dim qt As QueryTable For Each wks In Worksheets Select Case wks.Name Case "Sheet1", "sheet2" Case Else For Each qt In wks.Que...

Refresh 1 subform from another
I am trying to refresh a subform from another subform and I cannot seem to make it work. I have a button on subform 2 that needs to have subform1 refresh. I used Me.subform1.mainform.form.refresh and I get an error that says Method or Data Member not found. Anyone know what I did wrong? I am thinking I should use ! instead of . but I don't know what the difference is between them. Any help? -- Thanks As Always Rip Ripper wrote: >I am trying to refresh a subform from another subform and I cannot seem to >make it work. I have a button on subform 2 that needs to have su...

Cells WON'T stop refreshing automatically
I have a workbook with many worksheets and links that I need to publish externally with links locked so that users won't get the "The workbook you opened contains automatic links..." message. I have gone into <Tools> <Options> <Calculation>, unchecked the <Update Remote References> checkbox, and saved the workbook; however, each time I reopen the saved workbook, the <Update Remote References> checkbox has been rechecked by some mischevious gremlin, and I invariably get the "The workbook you opened contains automatic links..." mess...

VWD2008 will not refresh HTML file
I am trying to use the showmodaldialog function to display help files for my website. But when I make modifications to the HTML file, a previous version of that file is displayed from within the VWD environment, even if I just want to debug that file. I have restarted VWD, but the old version is still displayed. When I double-click that same file outside the VWD environment, the modified version is displayed, so I know the changes are being saved. I have searched the entire hard drive and there is no other file with the same name. ...

Refreshing
Hi !! I ve done a OCX to view certain type of images. The OCX has a dialog in it with buttons. This OCX has been loaded into a html page. When multiple OCX are being placed in the html page I find the images that are displayed flickers. I use invalidate to refresh but refreshing is very fast. What should I do now to make smooth refreshing. Thanx Sudharsan Double buffer the image. Create a memory bitmap, copy to it, the BitBlt to your OCX's HDC. This may increase CPU usage a little. "Sudharsan" <Sudharsan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A72BC9BB-...

AJAX UpdatePanel does not refresh after calling Update()-Method
Hi, I'm new to AJAX and has a little Problem to get an UpdatePanel inside an CustomServerControl to work. My goal is to create an CustomServerControl with an (at designtime) unknown number of UpdatePanels, that can be updated seperatly. Since I'm stuck I create a litte more static testproject to analyse the problem but I ran out of ideas what I could been missing. I would be realy glad if someone can show me hwo to get the UpdatePanels working. I created an ServerControl-Project called ServerControlTest and an ASP WebApplication called AXAJTest The Default.asxp look...

Clipart Woe -- how to refresh location
How can I refresh the path to the clipart gallery for the clipart files? I have moved the clipart from a network location to the local harddrive and rebuild the artgal50.mmc file, but the gallery still looks to the network location?? Help is greatly appreciated, because searching the MS resources is drivining me nuts Nigel Nigel, they are coming to take you away, take you away. If you hear a knock on the front door, do not open it as it may be the fine gentlemen with a while jacket with straps on. Nigel, you are driving us nuts not telling us what version of Windows and Publisher you...

Web Query Refresh problem
Hi I've set up a workbook that contains about 75 sheets. Each sheet contains a web query. I then have a summary sheet which summarises the actual part of information that I want from each web page. Everything works fine, most of the time. I've set up a little button to 'refresh all data'. However, sometimes the refresh doesnt seem to work on some of the sheets. It actually pulls data from a website which I've set up on a different sheet. If, however, you go to that individual sheet, and manually refresh that sheet, it pulls through the correct data from the web. Som...

Chart source data invalidated when workbook refreshed
Hi all, We have a workbook with vba code which fetches data from the backend and displays it. Now i have a chart defined for some data in this workbook and then i refresh this workbook. The problem is the chart source data is invalidated for the new workbook data. Any solution for this ? Any help is highly appreciated :-) Louis - How does the macro refresh the data? Could you make use of a dynamic chart instead, for example, one that charts the last N points in the table? Here's some Dynamic Charting examples and links: http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/Dynamics...

CWebBrowser2 and Refresh
Hi All, I am using CWebBrowser2 control to get values from a website then plot them on a chart. When I use Navigate2(..) I can handle the OnDocumentCompleteExplorer(..) message to parse the html file and update my chart. However, I don't always get an updated page, can someone give me an example of how to use Refresh2(..) to make sure I always get a non-cached page? Also, is there a message sent when Refresh() or Refresh2() has finished? Or maybe there's another way I can achieve what I want? Cheers, Rob ...

Query Refresh-Enable Automatic Refresh Dialogue Box
I continually click the Enable Automatic Refresh button on the Query Refresh dialogue box so why does it continue to appear for the same worksheet? ...

Refresh Not Refreshing
DisplayRecord is used in a form to display detail information for a record. The Form_AfterUpdate code is used to refresh the records so that any updates are visible to the user. On my personal machine, the code works and the records are refreshed, however on my development machine at work, the code fails. I have confirmed that the global variable gCallingForm is being correctly updated and that the form is loaded. The .Refresh statement does not throw an error. Private Sub DisplayRecord() On Error GoTo Err_DisplayRecord gCallingForm = "frmTrailerInventoryMaintenan...

folder refresh
In XP sp3, when I delete files in any directory I have to click on F5 key to get new folder content otherwise I see all previous files. Suggestions ? Riccardo wrote: > In XP sp3, when I delete files in any directory I have to click on F5 > key to get new folder content otherwise I see all previous files. > Suggestions ? So press F5. Or just ignore the phantom files. -- dadiOH ____________________________ dadiOH's dandies v3.06... ....a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at http://mysite.v...

Need help refreshing a datagrid client side
Hi -- I'm very, very new to ASP.Net, and I've been trying for several days to figure out how to update a datagrid AND refresh it on the client side so that the page doesn't refresh. I've torn my code apart over and over each time I tried what I thought would be the code that would solve my problem. Maybe I'm going down the completely wrong path here. Essentially, here is an explanation of my ASP.NET webform application and what I want it to do: Employees add how much time they spend on a job, and then that information is added to a SQL database and displayed in a datagri...

refresh
i am trying to refresh a query every 10 min. using the .RefreshPeriod = 10 in the query loop doesn't redue all of the macro formatting that follows query so i was wondering if refresh could be used in a sub to run the main macro. something like this sub refresh() Application.Run "'TEST.XLS'!GetData" ..RefreshPeriod = 10 End Sub or how would i automate running the macro. this is the query loop in main macro Workbooks.Add With ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add(Connection:=connectURL, Destination:=Range("A1")) .BackgroundQuery = True .TablesOn...

Refresh an Excel link with button
In my tables I have a link to an Excel workbook. What VBA code can I put in the OnClick event of a button to automatically refresh that link? CurrentDb.Tabledefs("myexcelTable").refreshlink HtH Pieter <taxidermist@cableone.net> wrote in message news:1193841279.082792.319810@19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com... > In my tables I have a link to an Excel workbook. What VBA code can I > put in the OnClick event of a button to automatically refresh that > link? > ...

How do I refresh a pivot table
I have created a pivot table from a worksheet but haven't worked out how to refresh the pivot table to reflect the update in the worksheet. Any assistance! Fred - If the Pivot Table command bar is visible, click on the red exclamation point button (pick Toolbars from the View menu to make it visible). Or right click on the pivot table and select Refresh Data from the pop up menu. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ Fred wrote: > I have created a pivot table from a worksheet but > haven't worked ...

refreshing random generated data
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I've made a program to randomly generate a 3-variable selection from 3 separate unrelated columns of data, but the only way I can find to refresh the table and get a new set of random variables is to change something in the database. The easiest way I've found to do this is to simply click on the border between the row or column labels (which would resize the columns if I click/drag to the new width), and it works fairly well but my professor saw me using it, gave me props, and asked for a copy. I'd lik...

Refresh Pivot Chart with Table?
I'm creating a large workbook with master data on one page and on all following pages Pivot Tables with associated Pivot Charts, one worksheet per state, 4 tables and charts per page. When I copy the Alabama formatted page to another worksheeet and change the Report Filter to Arkansas the table reflects the correct data, however the chart still shows Alabama data. Right-clicking on the chart and Select Data Source provides a greyed-out Chart Data Range. How do I fix this? Ideally I'd like to do this in as few steps as possible, but will change each chart individually if ...

Refreshing Form with Multiple Forms and Fields
I have a main screen form that allows entry to start from that location. It has four subforms and some other fields that are picked from other locations to filter the record. My challenge is it does not Refresh right away. I have tried putting Refresh and Repaint etc in the main form code but it still doesn't refresh. I put a Refresh button on it and that works but it's slow. Can anyone tell me what would be a more efficient method to get this screen to refresh right away. Thank you, ...

How do you get a TRUE refresh of a Pivot table
Oh Pivot tables are so good and boy, do they save on calc time and size of file! BUT.........I notice that if some of the data it relies on is changed, by some magic, it still remembers the old data and, that old data will also be shown in the table unless you physically delete those references using the drop downs. I have found that sometimes you can clear the old references by re-running the wizard backwards as it seems to refresh those references. But that doesn't work in all situations. Is there a way to remove old references automatically AND how is it possible that they still exist?...

Refreshing the displayed rows
How do I get excel to refresh the displayed rows when a filter is applied? Example Col1 Col2 1 2 2 2 3 2 4 2 If I create a filter that say show COL1 > 2 it should show me 3 and 4 If I replace 3 with 0 It then shows me 0 and 4 But I would like to "refresh" so it only shows me 4 How can I do this? Thanks Bruce The following code can be pasted onto the worksheet module (right-click the sheet tab, choose View Code, paste where the cursor is flashing) It will filter column 1, using the existing filter criteria. '======================= Private Sub Worksheet...

need a refresher: text boxes on charts that use relational formulas?
I could have sworn that a long time ago, I set up one or more text boxes on a graph that had formulas in them, so the text that was showing would automatically change each month. I'm now using Win2000/XL2003, and not having much luck- I want to put my legend on the bottom, then a text box under it where I will show 3 values (one for each legend item) to provide some additional information on the graph. I have too many graphs to do this and have to update it all manually. What is the best approach to use, to link the contents of my text box (or similar) to the contents of a cell that on m...

auto refresh
Is it possible to open a spreadsheet, refresh linked data then save the spreadsheet automaticaly at a set time each day? any help would be appreciated Mike If excel is not running, you could use a scheduler to open excel and your workbook. Depending on the version of Windows(?) that you're running, you may already have a scheduling program. If you don't like that, you can search google/bing/yahoo for alternatives. I use Cron (lite). If excel is running, you can use an ontime macro to do the work. Chip Pearson's site explains it: http://www.cpearson.com...