Refresh data in Protected worksheet

Does the work sheet protection work properly when
refreshing data from access.
I have the range I want to refresh Unlocked and unhidden
and the rest of the worksheet protected, but when i
refresh it tells me the worksheet is protected and I cant
refresh. Is there something I'm missing or is this a
shortcoming of worksheet protection?
KT
0
KT (80)

just hazarding two guesses.

are you talking about a macro that does it? if so...

are you providing a password to unprotect before you refresh the data?

ActiveSheet.Unprotect "password"

'your refresh code would go after the above statement

Thanks icestationzbra for your reply but not using a macro
but updating a link from Access into an unprotected area
of the sheet. I can enter or delete information from it
but not refresh the link. Any ideas?

0
KT (80)
7/15/2004 6:34:10 AM
sorry,

access is not my cuppa anything..

how to navigate through unprotected cells only in a worksheet
I have created a template in a work sheet that contains only a few variables that need information to be enter by the user. How do I get the user (with the TAB Key or any other key) to move from unprotected cell to unprotected cell skiping protected cells in between? Hi, When you protect the sheet make sure the option that allows user to select protected cells is un-checked. Mike "VictorO" wrote: > I have created a template in a work sheet that contains only a few variables > that need information to be enter by the user. How do I get the user (with > the TAB ...

First Data on Vital Setup
Looking for Referral Partners to share residual income on credit card processing. We can setup built-in VITAL support for credit card processing. email cardservice@FDISChiTown.com -- Chinatown2.net ...

how do i refresh or sync all?
I am trying to force my mail to refresh, or to look for new mail much like Outlook Express does when you click on "Sync All". Maybe I shouldn't be concerned with this. Does Outlook deliver mail as soon as it is processed by the server or is it sent at preset intervals set by the administrator? Les perhaps you mean Send/Receive ? Still learning wrote: > I am trying to force my mail to refresh, or to look for new mail much like > Outlook Express does when you click on "Sync All". Maybe I shouldn't be > concerned with this. Does Outlook de...

FORMATTING THE DATA SERIES
Hello, How can I set the line and marker options to default to "AUTOMATIC" instead of "CUSTOM" in the FORMAT DATA SERIES - PATTERNS option? Thanks. :-) Hey Consuelo - That means you have a default chart type defined that uses customized patterns. You have two options: 1. Go to Chart Type on the Chart menu, click on the Custom Types tab, select the User Defined option, click on Default under Chart Type, and click the Delete button. This resets to the original default chart type, a clustered column chart. 2. Make a chart as usual (which uses the current default) ...

Could a Windows Explorer crash end up corrupting data?
Using Windows Explorer, I moved several gigabytes of data from my hard drive to a USB drive. Then later in the day, Windows Explorer crashed - it said something like "Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close" and it also mentioned the possibility of losing data. I know that sometimes when you copy stuff to a USB drive, not all the data will get copied immediately, due to caching, and that's why you need to click the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon before you unplug the drive. I never clicked on that after I moved my files, because I just ...

Integration manager, GP9.0, data from tables???
Here's the situation: Using GP9.0 and need to import sales through SOP. I created a gateway between the company proprietary systems and GP 9.0 using Access 2003. The data is created and stored in tables I created in the appropriate company databases. Its easy in Access to connect to the appropriate company using RegisterGlobals9. How can I get IM to mimic that so I can create the three data sources I need to make the SOP integration work? One option is to dump the tables to CSV and use them to integrate but that appears to be plagued by a rounding problem (specifically, the MS ...

Data Encryption for SSN (Vendor & Employee Cards)
Does Microsoft Dynamics GP (or any third party add-on solution) offer a data encryption solution for the SSN values held in the Vendor Cards and Employee Cards tables? Will, Are you trying to prevent users from seeing it on the windows or at the database level? For the windows, you could use Modifier to mark the SSN field as "Password", which will then display an X in place of the data. At the SQL level you would need to write a trigger to encrypt the data as it is saved to the database. The issue will be unencrypting the data as it pulled from the database either...

inverting data
I'm wondering if it's possible to invert data so that what is up at th top will now be at the bottom and what is at the bottom will now be u at the top. This would be easy if I had only a few rows o information, but I have hundreds. Thanks in advance. -- Isaa -- I Maycott ----------------------------------------------------------------------- I Maycotte's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3560 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55988 You can temporarily add a 'helper' column next to your column of...

SQL Auto 250 Worksheet PLEASE REPOST
Ahmed Nashat, I would love this script. When I synced my newsreader in Outlook Express it only dates back to June. This Post started in April. If you could repost the script I would be very pleased. Thank you very much, Neil Chris, find attached the job script, please search in the script for HQSample and replace it with your database name, the job will run each day at 23:00 and it well send ONLY the items updated in the same day, you can remove the condition if you want the job to send all items Nashat ...

Refresh some not Refresh All
Hello. I have a workbook with 10 sheets all of which have external data that needs to be refreshed periodically. Most of the time I only need to refresh 8 of the sheets. Is there a way to refresh just those 8 without having to refresh each one separately? Thanks in advance. You can use a macro to do it. It would go something like this... Sub RefreshSome() Dim wks As Worksheet Dim qt As QueryTable For Each wks In Worksheets Select Case wks.Name Case "Sheet1", "sheet2" Case Else For Each qt In wks.Que...

Classes for displaying waveform data?
I am searching for classes that can intelligently display waveform data based on zoom factor , window size, scale etc. Has anyone seen something like that? I have displays running now which look ok but they need to more intelligently handle zooming and such. Thanks Elan Would this sort of thing work for you: http://www.pablosoftwaresolutions.com/html/wave_editor.html Tom "Elan Magavi" <Elan@nomailnospam.com> wrote in message news:ybQqh.26886$QU1.15802@newssvr22.news.prodigy.net... >I am searching for classes that can intelligently display waveform data >base...

CRM 1.2 How do you install sample data
Thanks ahead of time for any help! When installing CRM 1.2, at which point and how can you tell the installation to install sample data? The sample data is done as a seperate step after you have completed the install and assigned a license to your admin user. On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 08:21:50 -0800, "dicklexick" <dicklexick.NOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote: Thanks ahead of time for any help! When installing CRM 1.2, at which point and how can you tell the installation to install sample data? When you enter the company info -- you have to enter the sample company name rather than your ...

how do I delete a worksheet from my workbook
I need to delete an empty worksheet from my workbook. Although I have tried 2 options:- (a) edit menu, delete sheet (b) select sheet, right click and then delete sheet In both options the words "delete sheet" are dimmed and I am therefore unable to delete the sheet. It is a shared workbook Is your workbook protected? "DLee" wrote: > I need to delete an empty worksheet from my workbook. Although I have tried > 2 options:- > > (a) edit menu, delete sheet > (b) select sheet, right click and then delete sheet > > In both options the words &qu...

Excel data merging across excel files and matching field data
I have two excel files each has unique data 1st file: SS, Last Name, First Name... 2nd file: Last Name, First Name, Employee Number I need to copy Employee Number from the 2nd file to the corresponding employee. An employee may be listed more than once in file 1. Thank you , Lorinc EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com I would assume that the possibility that you might have a Tom Jones *and* a John Jones does exist, so you should check *both* first and last names. Enter this *array* formula in D2 of Sheet1: =INDEX(Sheet2!C$2:C$20,MATCH(1,(She...

Combination Graph with multiple data points
I am trying to create graph that has market areas (x-axis), brands (y-axis) and one data set in columns for actual price and a line for budget price. Is this possible? What is the best way to do this? Thanks! Sabina And which axis will your prices go on? I would try this with different groupings of brands within markets or markets within brands on the category axis, with different series for actual and budget. The preliminary charts would show me how I really need to build the "real" charts. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier...

retrieving data from the body of an email...
On our website (not hosted in-house), users can order some marketing material from us. The web designer set it up so that once the customers personal info and credit card info has been entered and they click "Submit Order" (we are using SSL) she generates an email to our general mailbox (we are using Exchange and Outlook clients). A person monitoring the general mailbox at this end then forwards the email to the apporpriate department for processing of the credit card info and shipment of the order. As well, customers data is entered into our customer db (exlcuding the credit card in...

Maximum number of data points for an xy scatter chart?
If I select a portion of the data I can draw an XY chart. When I select the entire data range the chart automatically changes from an XY to a line chart, even with XY specified. Is there a max number of data points an XY chart can use? I am trying to compare the hourly average of 2 variables over a 1 year period. > Is there a max number of data points an XY chart can > use? I think the maximum is 32000 points per series. Thanks Phil, that will be useful for future reference. I actually did discover, just now, what my problem was. I had downloaded the data from another source,...

Vlookup data discrepancy
How do I remove the hidden apostrophy in a cell (see e.g.)? I have tried Find/Replace, changed the Alignment and formatted the cell but failed. e.g. 'alphanumericdata EK, That apostrophe means that the cell contains text. Why do you care that it's there? In general, you can just leave it. It' won't show up in the cell, won't print. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com "EK" <EK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2E931AF1-5CFC-4D53-9847-D68532584DCE@microsoft.com... > How do I remove the hidden apostrophy in a cell (see e.g.)? I hav...

Need Help on Passing XML data to a webservice
Hello there I have to pass on some data to a webservice. I have the XML format with me. How is it passed usually? As a string or as an object? If an object is used, what are the methods used for creating such object Also would like to know how an XML file is received from a web service and how to read it Thanks!! --- Posted using Wimdows.net Newsgroups - http://www.wimdows.net/newsgroups/ Hi, well I don't know how is it passed usually, but I am passing it as a string and I am using XmlSerializer class to pass the XML to the object I created from XSD with xsd.exe. I would also like ...

Different GP logins affecting data in different ways
We have an issue where User A creates a PO in Company X. Any user enters a Shipment and posts. The PO status and PO Line status now says "Received." User B creates a PO in Company X. Any user enters a shipment and posts. The PO STatus and PO Line status says "Released". I have found a couple more users that behave correctly (ie as User A), but have found a couple users that behave as User B (ie totally and completely wrong). How can a GP user control the way data is populated in a table? Is that not a stored procedure that is run that does this? Should the Use...

Limiting size of worksheet
I want to set up a worksheet and limit to 25 columns and 200 rows. I seem to can't find it. Any suggestions are appreciated. Jo -- JB ----------------------------------------------------------------------- JBL's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1504 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26668 Joe You cannot do away with the unused cells. A worksheet has 256 columns and 65536 rows. You can hide the rows and columns you don't want to see. Select them and Format>Hide. Alternative.........You may want to...

Refresh 1 subform from another
I am trying to refresh a subform from another subform and I cannot seem to make it work. I have a button on subform 2 that needs to have subform1 refresh. I used Me.subform1.mainform.form.refresh and I get an error that says Method or Data Member not found. Anyone know what I did wrong? I am thinking I should use ! instead of . but I don't know what the difference is between them. Any help? -- Thanks As Always Rip Ripper wrote: >I am trying to refresh a subform from another subform and I cannot seem to >make it work. I have a button on subform 2 that needs to have su...

Query not getting the new data
Excel2000, SQL2000, ODBC I have a spreadsheet with query to import data from a table but it just won't pickup the new data with the refresh option. If I recreate the query it would do the job right. Any idea? Thanks ...

Filter data #3
I want to filter the data on a sheet, basing on the value in a particular cell - say A1. What I have done so far is: 1) I have generated code to filter the list 2) I have provided a pick list in Cell A1 3) I have created a command button, clicking on which will execute the code I mentioned in step (1) above. Instead of clicking on the command button each time, is there a way to filter the list, as soon as the value in Cell A1 is changed? Which event should I use in my code for that? Regards, Murthy Hi Murthy You can use the change event to run your sub. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ev...

How to use data validation
[NB: I re-structure my question since people got misled from my previous one] What I really wish to ask is: I wish to use data validation for a particular cell. But it doesn't work if I choose "custom" in the "allow" box. 1) In Data | Validation | Settings Tab | Validation Criteria, there is an "Allow" Box. 2) I chose "custom", there is a formula. 3) I type in some formula, eg: =J3 (Just Reference) =J3-J1 (Reference-type formula) =round(J1) (Function-type formula) None of them can activate the validation fu...