Reflecting info between an excel file and a word one or two excel file.

I have an Excel file that I use as a database with the dates of the
time when my company does the maintenance of our electronics tools (we
work in an industry that uses them a lot, we have around 200 in an
Excel file).

So the documents look as follows (the images are copied and edited in
paint, that's why they look kinda weird). They are next to each
other; I divided it here in order to fit it to word's format (it's
in Spanish, there's no need for you to understand what it says
anyway):

Go to www.caladeamerica.com.ar/1st file.jpg please and see it.

We do the maintenance of our equipment (each one with a code like
PT-01) and we change the date of the next maintenance. "Ultima"
means the last maintenance and "Proxima", the next one.
After we change these dates, we need to go to another file that is on
Word (that I could migrate to Excel if there's need to do it) and we
need to enter some info there. We do this manually now.
Let me show it for you. The document is larger than this, I'm just
posting the last section only, with the info we need to change:

Go to www.caladeamerica.com.ar/2do file.jpg and see it please.

So we enter the info on the next blank line about the maintenance that
was just done.

On the "Fecha" (date) we write the date of the current maintenance,
the one we just did.
On "descripci=F3n" if it was a "Verificaci=F3n" or a
"Calibraci=F3n" (two different kinds of maintenance, not all the
items need them both).
On result, if it was OK or not, I want to leave it blank on the
automated system anyway because we always need to write it in hand.
On "pr=F3xima - calib or verif" is the date of the next
"Verificaci=F3n" or  "Calibraci=F3n".
That I need to be written automatically. If there's only one type of
test being done, I need the other one to get a "-" sign.
In "realiz=F3" goes who did the work; we are going to write that by
hand.

So what I require is some automated way of inserting in the second file
(currently in Word, if it needs to be changed to Excel, that can be
done) the info that was written to the first one.
Let's say I do a "calibraci=F3n" (one of the two possible types of
maintenance) and change the dates on the first file, I need it to be
reflected automatically on the second file, by inserting the info on
the next empty line.
The info I need to be inserted automatically is the one corresponding
to the "Fecha" (current date), description (saying if it was either
a verificacion or a calibracion) and the date of the next maintenance.
I used a color system to show you the info that needs to be connected
between both files. The system should identify if it was a verificacion
or calibracion automatically.

Thanks a lot for reading all this, I know this a big favour I'm
asking for and I'm greatly thankful.

0
starriol (3)

How do I convert Publisher doc to Word doc
Doctoral dissertation requires submission as Word doc but need to include manual done in Publisher in appendix. How to import this and save graphics/charts/formatting? Must be a common need as many don't have Publisher so how do you share these files? HELP!!! Need immediate response! I'm not sure you can with a satisfying result. How many pages are you transferring? Normally to share Publisher files with those without Publisher, we'd suggest a PDF. You can try the copy/paste route. Save each Publisher page as a picture and insert into Word. You have your work cut out for y...

watermark in excel.
can i enter a watermark as a background in excel?and if yes is this watermark appear in printing?? Go to File/PageSetup. Go to the header/Footer tab. Click Custom Header, click in the Centre Section area, click the Picture tool (2nd from right) and insert the text or image that you want as a watermark. Click the Format Picture tool (1st on right), click the Picture tab, set Image Control to "Washout". That should do it. Rgds, Scott "Ahmad Al-Nahar" <AhmadAlNahar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4DAEF9E-4DA1-4494-8E26-6DAEB01F05F2@microsoft.com....

I need to install an add on to excel
I need to install an add-in for excel analysis toolpak. It says to insert the Microsoft XP Office Professional CD and click OK. Everytime I do this, it says that it cannot find it on the CD. I used the browse button and cannot find the file PRORET.MSI. I tried to download it from microsoft.com to no avail. Where can I get this file? Phil Start>Settings>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs. Scroll down to Office and select it. Select "Change" Select "Add or Remove Features" You will get a list of Office Applications. Expand Excel and select "Add-ins&q...

printing problem..not sure if it's an excel problem or a printer issue?
Office 2000/Win98 - I am printing text with embedded objects(.eps), on the print preview it shows fine, but when it's printed out the objects do not appear as showed on the screen. Please help any input would be SOOO APPRECIATED!! ...

How not to preview information in formula bar when in a cell w/lots of info?
I've looked and looked in the archives of teh excel ngs via google. I can't seem to find this info so I know I'm not asking for the right info. Help file also unhelpful, probably for the same reason. When we have more than on "line" of text in a cell, and when the cell is the active one, the formula bar shows all this info in that sort of preview but that obstructs the information in the cells directly below the formula bar. I can't remember how to turn that feature off. Anyone know? Only way I can think is Tools->Options, View tab, uncheck Formula Bar and ...

QB Integration, customer info.
I am attempting to integrate my RMS software with Quickbooks 05 Pro. Up until now, I have transfered all sales information manually using register reports. I have two problems. 1. If I import customers from Quickbooks, it duplicates all of my customers in the RMS database (this is because RMS creates the customers account# from their company name in QB) so I suggest that RMS synchronize customer data based on their Account # from QB. 2. If I add a new customer at the POS (something we do very often) I must manually go back to Quickbooks and enter the information again. This is beca...

Word 2007 Spelling Checker options disabled (greyed out)
Word 2007 Proofing. An Exceptions is automatically created for my document: the Hide spelling errors in this document only option is checked. I cannot change the setting because it is greyed out. How do I make that setting active again? Also, in AutoCorrect options, the Automatically use suggestuions form the spelling checker is greyed out. Also greyed out: the Plain text and Formatted text options in the Replace text as you type section. Experiencing the exact same. Ever get a solution? Looked on the web and see similar experiences from others - no solution. "S...

Email problem between two domains
If anyone has any suggestions to this problem, I would love to hear them. I have a domain (trpcomm.com). I have a business partner with a domain (oci.cc). We have sent email between the two domains for 3+ years. Recently, email sent from either domain to the other domain do not go through. I have no idea what happened but can not figure it out. The oci mail is handled by SBS 2003. They host their own mail. My server is running SBS 2003 but is using the POP3 connector to download mail from my mail server and deliver it to the correct exchange mailbox. I have made sure no spam filters ar...

excell macro
Hello, I have a macro which i have placed in xlstart folder. I want this macro to show up when excell starts. I does show up when I start excell. But when I import data from another application to excell, macro does not show up in the worksheet it opens. I did macros in excell 2000 and now my machine has been upgraded to excell2002. any thoughts???? I assume you mean you have put the macro in a workbook, and that workbook is in the xlstart folder. What do you mean when you say "show up when I start Excel", and "import data ... macro does not show up". On Thu, 8 Ju...

comparing two spreadsheets?
Hi, Is there a way to automatically delete duplicates from two spreadsheets? Basically I would like to take spreadsheets A and B, and output any values that are in A but not B and vice versa into spreadsheet C. Does excel have any functions for doing so or do you know where I could find an addin or macro? Thanks kindly mika Hi Mika, visit http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#HighlightingDuplicates -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "mika." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:093701c3b5cf$35b6dc60$a501280a@phx.gbl... ...

How do I produce a reflection of text inpublisher
I am trying to produce a reflection of text. I want it to look like the letters are reflection off a mirror and gradually fade out as it goes away from the point of reflection Experiment with WordArt and the gradient fill effect using the transparency. After you fill the WordArt, copy, paste, flip the copy. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "blobsnortsdad" <blobsnortsdad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9EB10F06-1BC0-4873-B5FF-411EB82C79F8@microsoft.com... >I am trying to produce a...

Why can I no longer change Font colors in an Excel 2007 Comment?
I have always been able to make my Excel Comments more readable by accenting some key words in the comments ... In Excel 2007, I cannot change any font colors ... This is a big step backwards .... ??? Hi, There's no difference between E03 & E07. In both after you enter the comment text and right click the comment and format it. If it's an 'old' comment you can right click, edit comment and then format comment. -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently...

import dynamic info from web Excel 2007
I am trying to import a table from a website into Excel that automatically refreshes and can be used in formulas. I was successful in doing this with a currency exchange website, but am having difficulty with this website in particular: http://www.cmegroup.com/trading/energy/crude-oil/light-sweet-crude.html I did the following steps: from the Ribbon DATA FROM WEB http://www.cmegroup.com/trading/energy/crude-oil/light-sweet-crude.html CLICKED FIRST YELLOW ARROW TO THE LEFT AND ABOVE "MONTH" OPTIONS - FULL HTML FORMATTING IMPORT PROPERTIES OVERWRITE EXISTING CEL...

excel self total
I have an existing form on my computer that will not self total the only way it will total is if I hit at sum again and highlight numbers I want to total. If I change these numbers it will not change my total until i hit at sum and highlight it again. what is turned off in this form? any new forms i make it self totals when i change the numbers. Help Hi MHPCAS, Try: Tools | Options | Calculation | Check Automatic --- Regards, Norman "MHPCAS via OfficeKB.com" <forum@nospam.OfficeKB.com> wrote in message news:48a8ce0df44d44d1ab3bd83ef62d0962@OfficeKB.com... >I have an...

excel and outlook
I know there are some questions like this already posted, but I don't understand the answers so I am asking again. I have this excel file with names, addresses, phone numbers, emails, membership staus, date of most recent membership renewal, and date of membership termination upon failing to renew. I want to get the names, emails, phone, and addresses into a 'group' in my 'contacts' in outlook. How do I do this? Thanks so much! -- mcn7 ...

Negative value in Excel
I would like value in a certain rage of cells to always be negativ without adding minus sign when enter the value. Does anyone know how t set this??? Many thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Adhanya, One solution is to put the values in straightaway (as positive), and simply make them look as though they're negative. Select the cells, Format, Cells, Number, Custom, and use something like: -General -0.00 Then in any formulas that refer to them, negate them so they will be treated as negative. Or an event macro can negate them as they're entered. -- Earl Kios...

Linq and Reflection
I have for example: [Table(Name="dbo.somedatabase")] public class License { [Column(IsPrimaryKey = true] public int DeviceID { get; set; } [XmlIgnore] public string Name { get; set; } } I want to add to database only values from fields with attribute [Column]. How to do this? kazik wrote: > I have for example: > > [Table(Name="dbo.somedatabase")] > public class License > { > [Column(IsPrimaryKey = true] > public int DeviceID { get; set; } > > [XmlIgnore] > public string Name { ...

Excel Worksheet Opens in Outlook Message
I have an Excel worksheet that is being copied to another computer using xcopy. When you open the copied file, it opens in an Outlook, in a new message. The file is not marked read-only, and the Ignore other Application box is not checked. This worksheet opens correctly in Excel on the computer from which this file is copied. Perry Perry Mayhaps the other computer's file associations are screwed up. Does other computer have Excel installed? Try this first Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2) Start...

How can I move Outlook 2002. inbox files to Outlook 2007
I just bought a new computer with Windows 7 and outlook 2007. I wishto transfer my files from outlook 2002. can anyone tell me how? The first thing you want to do is let Outlook 2007 create its own PST file because of the new format it's in. Then add the old Outlook 2002 PST file to the Windows 7 PC and add the PST to your Outlook profile. Then simply drag and drop the emails from your old PST into the new one. You don't want to use the old PST because it has a 2 GB size limit on it for one thing. Outlook 2007 doesn't have such a small limit set on it. -- Kathle...

subtract column right from column left in excel?
How do I do entire columns with the same function, like subtraction? I have excel 2003. Question is unclear, please expand on what you want to do best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Muffin" <Muffin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94226A06-7608-40F1-87B3-D37BE36A81F1@microsoft.com... > How do I do entire columns with the same function, like subtraction? > I have excel 2003. Hi, if what you mean is each row =B1-A1 if you mean the whole column =sum(B1:B60000)-sum(A1:A60000...

Older .doc files
I have Office2000. I tried to open some older .doc files (from 1997, 1998), and word tells me " Word cannot start the converter mswrd632.wpc". I tried a repair install, no joy. Then I did the fix described at http://blogs.technet.com/wordonenotesupport/archive/2009/12/10/when-opening-the-word-document-users-are-getting-error-word-cannot-start-the-convertor-mswrd632-wpc-or-cannot-load-word-for-windows-6-0-files.aspx which is: 1) Click Start , click Run , type regedit , and then click OK . 2) Locate and then click the following registry subkey: For 32-bit versions of W...

How do I link Excel to Access?
I got some help asking this in the Access group but I can make it work quite the way i need it to so here it goes... I have an Access database that contains job #'s and the associated project name among other fields. Now I want to create an employee timesheet that contains several lines where i can just punch in the job # and the job name will automatically be fetched from the Access database and displayed on my timesheet right next to the job # i just typed in. Because the guys can work on several job sites on any given day... my timesheet will have several lines to enter different job...

Help Files not displaying in 2004
Has anyone who has loaded 2004 seen this anomoly. The help guide comes up on the right of the screen, but when I click on topic, I get nothing. I can search for a topic, and the topic appear, but when I click on what I want to review, I get a "unable to load topic". I wrote a new FAQ last weekend that should be posted shortly: --- Q): Money Help keeps whining about script errors or similar nonsense. Why? What can I do about it? A): Nobody really knows what causes this. For most people, this issue has been resolved by going into IE Internet Options (from IE Tools or from the des...

Message reflection ...
Hi, I overrided the CButton class to catch the =BN_CLIKED notification from a radio button. I also want to catch the notification in the parent window. How can I "re-post" the notification "reflected" in my overrided class to the parent window that holds the radio button. Thanks, Hugo This feature is not very well documented in the microsoft help files. You have to do two things first change the message map in your CButton class from a ON_CONTROL_REFLECT(BN_CLICKED,OnBnClicked) to a ON_CONTROL_REFLECT_EX(BN_CLICKED,OnBnClicked) by doing this you will have to ch...

Merge & Purge two doc's in Excel 2000
I have a document with two sheets and want to merge and purge the data into one document. How do I do that? I'm using WinXP Excel 2k Thanks, Robert Graphics@inkwellchicago.com ...