Reducing File Size???

I have the same file performing the exactly the same thing
but one is double the other. It appears to me that the
more I work with the worksheet the bigger the size of the
file. how can I remove this redundant memory space?

Cheers

Jio,

You probably have formatted or otherwise used some rows below or
columns to the right of your data. On the bloated workbook, select the
sheets individually and press Ctrl + End. If the last row and column
is well below where you think it should be, you'll need to delete the
empty rows and columns.

Check here for an example of how to do this both manually
and with VBA:

John

"Jio." wrote:

> I have the same file performing the exactly the same thing
> but one is double the other. It appears to me that the
> more I work with the worksheet the bigger the size of the
> file. how can I remove this redundant memory space?
>
> Cheers

0
jwilson (359)

How to insert a litlle jpg-file into Access 2003?
Hi. Is it possible to import small jpg-files to database? hanski Yes, you should be able to import it and then use an unbound object frame to put it in in your form or reports. -- Milton Purdy ACCESS State of Arkansas "hanski" wrote: > Hi. > > Is it possible to import small jpg-files to database? > > > hanski > . > On 11 joulu, 16:21, golfinray <golfin...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Yes, you should be able to import it and then use an unbound object frame= to > put it in in your form or reports. ...

reduce document print size
This seems like it should be an obvious answer, but I can't figure it out. I have a 24"x18" sign in Publisher, I want to reduce it to postcard size, or about 6"x4.5". I can't find any print driver setting to allow me to do this. There is a setting for 25% reduction but thats a function of the printer driver. Does publisher have a function to allow me to reduce the print size down to 12.5%? Hmmm.... I suppose I could output to jpg and reduce with photoshop.... surely there is a much easier answer though. Thanks! If there is text involved, the conversion...

how can i import a file from microsoft publisher to Outlook
Can i have a Publisher file that i can open in Outlook. Dear Dahiana, You can send your publication as an e-mail if your default e-mail client is Microsoft Outlook� version 2002 http://www.microsoft.com/office/previous/xp/columns/column16.asp -- Oliver Vukovics Share Outlook PST files without Exchange: Public ShareFolder Share all your contacts, calendars or e-mails in a workgroup http://www.publicshareware.com "Dahiana" <Dahiana@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:42A65592-605E-4AB8-9728-0DBE8025A181@microsoft.com... > Can i have a Publisher file ...

How to run an executable file
This has to be easy. I want to run an .exe file from within my code, but search in VCE 2008 Help turns up nothing. A quick google turns up the Process.Start() way of doing it. Is this a good way? It should basically start the application, and then all links to the calling app should disappear, leaving two independently running. Thanks in advance! -- Wannabe Geek On 02-01-2010 16:06, wannabe geek wrote: > This has to be easy. I want to run an .exe file from within my code, but > search in VCE 2008 Help turns up nothing. A quick google turns up the > Process.Start()...

GLB Exchange resynchronization file
What is the file construction details ? The file content starts with "Hq", but what is its internal format ? i want to build a program that reads the content of the GLB files. thx. ...

How to create a file in vista?
I used example code in vista but ruturn code is INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE How to create a file in vista? HANDLE hFile = CreateFile(_T("C:\\MyFile.DAT"), GENERIC_WRITE, FILE_SHARE_READ, NULL, CREATE_ALWAYS, FILE_ATTRIBUTE_NORMAL, NULL); if (hFile == INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE) AfxMessageBox(_T("Couldn't create the file!")); else { // Attach a CFile object to the handle we have. CFile myFile(hFile); static const char sz[] = "Hockey is best!"; // write string, without null-terminator myFile.Write(sz, lstrlen(sz)); // We can call Close() explic...

Weird problem saving a file
Hey guys. This one is hard to explain. I have a file tha automatically pulls different numbers from financial statement that i in Excel format. It pulls the numbers and does about a hundre calculations for me automatically. it saves me a ton of time. download the financial statement every month and then use this file t analyze it. My problem is that I can't figure out how to do a "Save As" that keep the numbers for that one month without autopopulating the numbers nex month. As in, I can't save different months because they al autopopulate with the newest month FS....

Various Excel files into one file
Is there a way to make various Excel Spreadsheet be move to be access to only one Spreadsheet without copying and pasting each file into the that one spreadsheet? Jose Noriega - > Is there a way to make various Excel Spreadsheet be move to be access to > only one Spreadsheet without copying and pasting each file into the that > one spreadsheet? < Edit | Move Or Copy Sheet - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com Hi see: http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy2.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Jose Noriega" <Jose Noriega@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im...

Can't Close File
I didn't write down the message at the time, but on several occasions I get the message "Can't Close File - File Is In Use". Then I click on Save again, and it saves it just fine. Then if I open and save it again immediately, I don't get the message. It's as though the original save command was issued before something else that's going on has completed. Yes, I've searched the KB, and found nothing. Regretably I can't remember whether it's always the same file, but I don't think so. It just happens occasionally, but it's unnerving when it...

DAO35 & MSAccess 97 file format
Hi I am trying to open an MS-Access 97 D/B file with DAO350.DLL, it is working fine, if i try to open a MS-Access[2000 file format] file , by calling OpenDatabase method from DAO350.dll, the program is throwing exception, Please can some one tell how to handle this? The MS-Access dtabase 2000 is supported by DAO360.dll & DAO350.dll -OpenDatabase method. Any idea why the exception for DAO350.DLL & 97 file format MS-Access database file ...

Find a Dir and File
I need to import a .txt delimited file using VBA in A2003. The file name will be different each import time except for the .txt extension, and the field structure will always be the same.. Like 040907.txt or 041007.txt I'm planning to use the TransferText method, along with an Import Specification file. The problem I can't figure out is how to code for the user to go out to the G: drive, find the specific filename, and capture the Path and Filename as a variable to pass on to my TransferText FileName argument. Would appreciate any help. Thankyou, John Hi John, The code here ...

when opening an excel file, two files open
When I open up an Excel file from Explorer, two excel documents open up. One document is called "Book 1" and the other is the actual document that I intended to open. How do I prevent this from happening? Brian Same answer I posted Dec 9th. Did it not work for you? Brian To prevent Book1 from opening you can append /e to your shortcut for opening Excel. "C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT OFFICE\OFFICE\EXCEL.EXE" /e Alternative to the above............ Go to Start>Settings>Folder>Options>File Types. Scroll down to MS Excel Worksheet. Then if running Win98...

two backup files
I have two backup files that are not syncd - for example, one backup file has transactions from 2002 to 2004 and then another file has transactions from 2004 to current. I would like to consolidate these two files so that I have an entire chronilogical file from 2002 to current. Suggestions? That would be difficult, messy, and unlikely to produce satisfactory results. I don't advise it. For one thing, if you have investments, the one with transactions 2004 to current probably has investment transactions predating 2004. Those would be duplicates of the 02-04 file. Also, the beginn...

Save & File
My company just switched from Lotus Notes to Outlook. In Notes I was able to "Send and Save" in one keystroke, sending the message and choosing a file (that is already set up by catagories I need) and it was saved there. Is there is a similar (i.e. quick) way to do it in Outlook? Thank you. You can use rules to copy messages after send. JMac wrote: > My company just switched from Lotus Notes to Outlook. In Notes I was able to > "Send and Save" in one keystroke, sending the message and choosing a file > (that is already set up by catagories I need...

Converting Outlook files #2
Hi, In a magazine article that I read, it said that when moving from Outlook 2002 or earlier to Outlook 2003, you should convert the file to the new format that is found in 2003, but how can I do that BTW. I don't want to loose all of the documents and setting that are already associated with the current file -- Thank you in Advance Merci a l'Avance Martin In Outlook 2003, File->New->Outlook Data File->Type->Personal Folders File. Do not select the 97-2002 format. Then drag and drop your folders from the old to the new. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post...

Paperport files
Anyone know of a program that can convert Paperport .max files to one of the more common formats, i.e., gif, png, bmp, wmf etc? Occasionally, I have the need to put a Paperport image into a Publication. I have the free Paperport viewer but it doesn't offer a way to "Save as..." to another format. Publisher 2000, Paint Shop Pro 9 and Infanview 4 don't seem to be able to make the conversion. -- Don Vancouver, USA Workaround... View the image in the .max viewer, then PrtScn, the open a new file in your image editor and Ctrl+V to paste it in there. The crop edit..and...

Checking specific text string in excel files stored in a folder
Hi, I need to write a code that can do the following: 1) prompt user to select a particular folder 2) search for a particular text string, for e.g., ABCD in all the excel files in that folder (the number of files in the folder will vary and so does the names of the files). Is it possible to specify the string that we want to search on the fly when macro is run? 3) create a simple report that contains the filename in one column and yes / no in the second column that tell me which file names contain that keyword (it will be great if the path of the file can be recorded in the 3rd colum...

Increasing the number of files as recent files
Hello When I open file menu, I get the last 4 files I have previously openned. Is there a way to increase the number of recent files I have openned before? Thanks in advance. Hamed... Hi Hamed, You can go up to 9 entries in Excel 2000. Tools, Options, General, [x] recently used files list: -- 9 -- entries. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "Hamed" <hamedarab@hotmail.com> wrote ... > When I op...

Intersting issue regarding msg files
I have a client using Outlook 2003. Scenario: 1. Client creates a message (default format is HTML) and saves it as a draft. 2. Client then drags and drops message from draft folder into a network location. File has .msg extension. 3. Another user then double clicks on the msg file, and makes some live changes to it and then clicks SEND 4. Message is sent but none of the changes were made. The client used to do this with Outlook Express and never had a problem. Now that they are using Outlook 2003 this problem has surfaced. Any ideas? TIA KIWI ...

Unzip Files
How do I unzip files contained in an email using Windows Office 2000? You have to download the pkzip app, or an equivalent eg winzip, from one of the shareware sites http://www.winzip.com/ eg David "Rita" <coolbird46@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:388519F6-8A1F-4661-952A-6BBDB9E78E5B@microsoft.com... > How do I unzip files contained in an email using Windows Office 2000? ...

Change file selection from "Word Documents (*.doc)" to "All files (*.*)"
Hi all: When I do a mail merge, I merge data to a Word Template (.dot) file, not a Word (.doc) file. So, every time I want to do a merge I have to remember to change the file selection filter from "Word Documents (*.doc)" to "All files (*.*)". Is there any way to change this to make "All files (*.*) the default? Thanks! -- Fred Boer - Amateur Access Enthusiast Interests: Library software / Z39.50 / Web Services Freeware Small Library Application available here: http://www3.sympatico.ca/lornarourke/ "Fred Boer" <fredboer@NOyahoo...

order form with multiple items and sizes for items
I need a form that has columns for different types of clothing with each article having columns for sizes. Thanks If you describe the layout of your worksheet, and the problem you're having, someone may be able to help. There's a sample order form here that may help you get started: http://www.contextures.com/xlOrderForm01.html And information on the INDEX/MATCH functions: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions03.html Bernard56 wrote: > I need a form that has columns for different types of clothing with each > article having columns for sizes. > Thanks -- D...

excel attemps to repair files with macros and then crashes
Office XP installed on a Dell. Computer using windows XP professional. Local network. When opening excel files with macros the program attempts to repair the files and in doing so they become corrupted. The opened files are useless. Excel crashes sometimes Other computers running same version of Excel are able to open the same files without problem. Excel has visual basic running. Opening of excel files without formulas works without a problem. Access also does not open.. all updates to excel have been downloaded. ...

transfer a page to another file
Is there a way to transfer a page from one publisher file to another. thanks Copy, paste... You can have any number of Publisher documents open, you can drag and drop too. If you have 2007 there is this utility PubCat v1.0.0.0 http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/tools -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "S" <nonense@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:S%AUi.447957$xp6.309362@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk... > Is there a way to transfer a page from one publisher file to another. > > than...

the rc editor changes some contents without my consent when .rc files saved
Hi, My colleagues and I are using VS 2005. After I make some minor changes to a .rc file (obtained from my colleagues) and save it, the compiler greatly changes the .rc in addition to my minor changes. For example, the following 2 lines IDD_DLG_MODELIST DIALOG DISCARDABLE 0, 0, 270, 149 STYLE DS_MODALFRAME | WS_POPUP | WS_CAPTION | WS_SYSMENU become IDD_DLG_MODELIST DIALOG 0, 0, 270, 149 STYLE DS_SETFONT | DS_MODALFRAME | WS_POPUP | WS_CAPTION | WS_SYSMENU Or the following 2 lines become one line: COMBOBOX IDC_POSTDLG_COMBO_UNITS,165,5,49,49,CBS_DROPDOWNLIST | WS_VSCROLL | WS...