Recover Unsaved

I need help.  Excel closed without saving what I was working on now I need to
recover it....
0
Tori (2)

You do not say how Excel closed or what version you are using. The later
versions have an AutoRecover feature.

If you closed Excel without saving the file, you may not be able to recover.

--
Damon Longworth

Don't miss out on the 2005 Excel User Conference
Sept 16th and 17th
Stockyards Hotel - Ft. Worth, Texas
www.ExcelUserConference.com

"Tori" <Tori@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need help.  Excel closed without saving what I was working on now I need
> recover it....

0
dlongwth (59)
7/7/2005 2:16:32 AM
Tori,

There's nothing to recover. Sorry.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com/

"Tori" <Tori@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need help.  Excel closed without saving what I was working on now I need
> recover it....

0
nothanks4548 (968)

outlook xp recovered data - from CD
I just received a CD with all of my recovered outlook xp data from a failed hard drive: how do I move/copy/transfer the recovered Calendar, address book and contacts, personal folders, and emails from the data recovery CD to my existing Outlook folders? Where does that data reside on my new hard drive (windows xp pro oper system)? Would very much appreciate any help. Thanks. "kevinh" <kevin.hefner@aps.com> wrote in message news:0c7601c3b8f4$d417b3c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I just received a CD with all of my recovered outlook xp > data from a failed hard drive: ho...

How do you recover a parameter?
Hello, I would like to execute an excel file, for example, with a file name file.xls zz.txt And afterwards, in that file, I would like to recover the name zz.txt. Could you please help me? Thanks. Dave, I'm not sure what you mean by "execute" the Excel file, or "recover the name." It sounds as though you want to make a txt file from the xls file. If so, you'll need to open it in Excel, then do File - Save As, with the file type set to txt. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com ----------------------------------------------------------------------- &...

Recover live calendars?
Someone was helping me cleanup an old laptop and they deleted important calendars from my WLM. I have months worth of appointments and need some help/instructions. Thanks (I hope) Did you sign in to Live services in WLM? It will not say Sign in below the Close X if you are signed in. calendar.live.com will have the calendars that will sync back to WLM the next time you connect with WLM. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "nimbus" <nimbus@live.com> wrote in message news:CDFEEBEA-D031-4B0B-AECC-58F904E3E601@microsoft.com... > Someone was helping ...

Recover !!
Ok i updated my old outlook and because it was too much for my system (like all windows updates) i uninstalled oulook then reinstalled the old version now i have none of my old emails and there not in my hotmail either and they were going into both, hotmail and my outlook ~ so can anyone help me? or is it lost forever What is the version of your old Outlook? Try to search *.pst file "Robin" <rwtsr1@msn.com> wrote in message news:cb4101c48a4c$21dfd000$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Ok i updated my old outlook and because it was too much > for my system (like all windows upda...

Help! I accidentally deleted emails that I desperately need to recover... Any suggestions please?
Desperate here! I have used LACIE back up, does it save emails? Many thanks! On 1/26/10 10:20 AM, in article C7847266.27FB9%gavin@kerner.com, "Gavin Wilding" <gavin@kerner.com> wrote: > Desperate here! I have used LACIE back up, does it save emails? It depends on what you backed up. Without more details, we can't help. You can use Switch Identity to access data in a second Identity. -- Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> YouTalk <...

Recover Unsaved
I need help. Excel closed without saving what I was working on now I need to recover it.... You do not say how Excel closed or what version you are using. The later versions have an AutoRecover feature. If you closed Excel without saving the file, you may not be able to recover. -- Damon Longworth Don't miss out on the 2005 Excel User Conference Sept 16th and 17th Stockyards Hotel - Ft. Worth, Texas www.ExcelUserConference.com "Tori" <Tori@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F64C96B-62FD-430D-A27A-DF00A9AA64D0@microsoft.com... >I need help. Exce...

Recover junk mail
How can I recover all of my mail from the junk mail folder that I mistakenly just deleted? afaik...locally emptying or purging the junk mail folder is permanent in WLM(and also if using WLM for http access to a Hotmail account). If Pop3, access the web server holding the account to determine if the messages are present(ymmv) in the web Deleted folder. -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "Justin" <Justin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18654186-1254-4406-9DAF-22B213E775D4@microsoft.com... > How can I recover all of my mail from the junk mail fold...

Recover
I set up my labtop for pop 3 mail. I like keeping almost all of my e-mails on the webmail server so I can refer to them. After I received the messages from my labtop, all the messages on my webmail were gone. I empytied the deleted items folder also on my labtop. Is there any kind of folder that they go to on the computer that's hidden before they e-mails are complety taken off the computer. Also is there a way to pull them off of the server again. The messages are gone, unless whoever provides your webmail has a way for you to get deleted messages back - ask them. In the fu...

Is it possible to recover a file that's been saved over?
I'm sure I already know the answer to this question, but I have to ask anyway. I was working on an Excel file containing very important information on my laptop. I wanted to save the file to my thumb drive in order to create a backup copy. I recall being prompted by the save action to replace the existing copy, which I assumed was referring to the old copy that was already on my thumb drive, so I selected the "Yes" button. Now that I've tried to open the file on the laptop, I realize that it now has the old copy. Basically, I saved the old version of the file on top...

Recover Outlook Tasks
I use tasks as a to-do list and have a problem with some tasks that have been deleted by a synchronisation. I sync a PocketPC2002 pda with a notebook and a desktop both running XP Outlook 2002. I didn't realise when doing a recent sync (ActiveSync 3.7.1) with the notebook that many of my tasks were deleted. Before realising I synced with the desktop so now none of the three devices have all my tasks. Is there a way to recover them? There is nothing in the deleted folders or archives. Thanks in advance... Did you have a backup of your PST file, presuming you use a PST file? If ...

recover account
I removed an account in WLM, and lost a lot of message. So can I recorver them. Please help me. Thanks Edson If this was a pop3 account, then no. Removal of an account in WLM deletes the account and all stored messages from one's hard drive. To remove an account, one has to answer yes to a prompt for deletion. WLM's prompt explaining the deletion could be improved upon making it much clearer on the impact. Here's what the prompt stated <qp> Are you sure you want to remove the <account name> account ? If this account is set so that messages are delet...

I need to recover my .pub files after re-installing xp...
Hi there. I am wondering if anyone knows of an easy way to recover my .pub files from my hard drive? I had to re-install my operating system, and lost a few REALLY important files. Any leads on a fix / product that does this would be appreciated, and free options would be really helpful. Spunky1 wrote: > Hi there. I am wondering if anyone knows of an easy way > to recover my .pub files from my hard drive? I had to > re-install my operating system, and lost a few REALLY > important files. > > Any leads on a fix / product that does this would be > appreciated, and fr...

Recover
How do I restore some messages that suddenly disapeared, to an individual mailbox from a backup? Did you have deleted item retention turned on? If so, you can recover it from Outlook. If not, do you have a brick-level backup? If so you can restore the individual item. If neither of the above, you will need to create a recovery server to restore the database to and export it. 163713 XADM: Recovering a Single Mailbox from the Online Backup http://support.microsoft.com/?id=163713 -- Michael Barta [MSFT] Microsoft Exchange Support Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias...

Recover previous version of a file?
I sorted a portion of an Excel file to print it and found that the whole file had been sorted so columns don't match part way through. It was shut down and restarted. Any way to re-organize to the original format? help please! ...

Recovered Folders?
I seem to be collecting a huge amount of 'recovered folders' in my live mail inbox. So, firstly, why are they recovered and secondly why do they keep getting 'lost' Wrong newsgroup (this one is for Vista's Windows Mail - not Windows Live Mail) . . . try this one . . . microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop "red devil" <red devil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3459CA59-FBA1-4E8D-A508-56358F7240CA@microsoft.com... > I seem to be collecting a huge amount of 'recovered folders' in my live > mail > inbo...

recover deleted email #3
is it possible to recover deleted email from a pst file before the file has been compacted? it seems since until you run compact the file doesn't get smaller the information mut still be there. No exchange server by the way. just email in local pst file. Did you try Recover Deleted Items by right clicking on the deleted items folder. This may be only available if you have Exchange. Regards -- Francine Otterson President, San Diego Outlook User Group "Joe" <junk@junk.com> wrote in message news:OFOjXwJVFHA.3140@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > > > is it po...

Recovering messages
Our Exchange 5.5 database was corrupt, and we repaired it using eseutil /p. Straight after the recovery, users complained that some of their messages could not be opened anymore. So we ran eseutil again, and also the defrag and integrity check. Users are now informing us that messages have disappeared altogether. We have a backup of all the edb files from before we ran the repair. Considering that users have now received more messages, could be recover the missing messages by re-running the backed up edb files? Would that recover the database to a previous point in time, or would it s...

Outlook 2003
When I am going through my inbox in the morning and I sometimes prematurely delete a message. When I use Ctrl+Z to try and get that message back Outlook always brings back the wrong message to my inbox. It is always a message that was deleted earlier than the one I just deleted. Can anyone tell me why this is or how I can fix it? are you using exchange server in cached mode? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Ti...

Recovering replacement file
Is it possible to recover a file that was replaced? I deleted a document, went to the trashcan and hit recover, then realized I replaced it over the CORRECT document, is there any way to recover this or am I screwed? It was 15 excel pages!!! HELP!!! Hi Reen, Unless you have a backup you cannot recover it sorry "Reen" wrote: > Is it possible to recover a file that was replaced? I deleted a document, > went to the trashcan and hit recover, then realized I replaced it over the > CORRECT document, is there any way to recover this or am I screwed? It was > 15 exce...

Recover XP
I have a system that lost the hal.dll Apparently the user could not enter recovery console or did not know how, Instead they created another copy of xp. I now have a windows folder and a windows.2 folder. I have a suspicion there was another attempt to install as there is no windows.1 folder. Anyways, all the information in the windows folder is what I need or, to restore this windows folder as the os. Would it be possible to change the boot.ini from windows.2 back to windows and be able to boot to this folder. It really would save me a lot of time having to wipe the drive and in...

Recover Deleted Items #2
All of the icons are missing across the top of recovery box so no recovery of items can be done. An error report is generated and when i close that window it restarts microsoft outlook but still doesn't work. Let me know...thanks ...

recover
I accidently deleted sheet 1 and 3 of a file. Is there some way I can get it back. The computer has been shut down several times. dave If you don't have a backup, I think you're in trouble. Maybe you emailed an earlier version to someone who could send it back? Dave wrote: > > I accidently deleted sheet 1 and 3 of a file. > Is there some way I can get it back. > The computer has been shut down several times. > dave -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Recovering lost Folders??
Blank Suddenly, my folder list has disappeared. How do I retrieve these folders? Or are they lost forever................... Thanxx....Rudy View | Layout | Folder List, Check it. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Rudy" <rucan70@comcast.net> wrote in message news:hqnk3k$apm$1@news.eternal-september.org... > Blank > Suddenly, my folder list has disappeared. How do I retrieve these > folders? > Or are they lost forever................... Thanxx....Rudy > > Tried your suggestion...n...

This tab has been recovered
I posted here a little while ago on this subject of the error message "This tab has been recovered" with IE8 but, unfortunately there was no resolution. I have just come across another (presumably associated) problem when viewing planefinder.net in which the display was corrupted. I therefore installed Mozilla Firefox and both problems have gone away. From my small experience Firefox seems to be better than IE but Microsoft Update wont run under Firefox so I will continue to have to run two browsers - although I don't really want to. Any comments? Regards. ...

Recovering a blocked attachment
Is there a location on the computer that I can go to to recover a blocked attachment. The attachment has an extension of .cer which Outlook blocks by default. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm should help. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Byron asked: | Is there a location on the computer that I can go to to | recover a blocked attachment. The attachment has a...