Recover previous version of a file?

I sorted a portion of an Excel file to print it and found
that  the whole file had been sorted so columns don't
match part way through.  It was shut down and restarted.
Any way to re-organize to the original format?  help
please!
0
anonymous (74717)

How do you recover a parameter?
Hello, I would like to execute an excel file, for example, with a file name file.xls zz.txt And afterwards, in that file, I would like to recover the name zz.txt. Could you please help me? Thanks. Dave, I'm not sure what you mean by "execute" the Excel file, or "recover the name." It sounds as though you want to make a txt file from the xls file. If so, you'll need to open it in Excel, then do File - Save As, with the file type set to txt. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com ----------------------------------------------------------------------- &...

outlook xp recovered data - from CD
I just received a CD with all of my recovered outlook xp data from a failed hard drive: how do I move/copy/transfer the recovered Calendar, address book and contacts, personal folders, and emails from the data recovery CD to my existing Outlook folders? Where does that data reside on my new hard drive (windows xp pro oper system)? Would very much appreciate any help. Thanks. "kevinh" <kevin.hefner@aps.com> wrote in message news:0c7601c3b8f4$d417b3c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I just received a CD with all of my recovered outlook xp > data from a failed hard drive: ho...

Drag and Drop from 2007 Excel and Word File Open and File Save win
One one of our Windows XP SPK3 computers were running Office 2007. When ever your using Word or Excel and you use either the File Open or File Save commands and the Windowed Dialog Box appears with your file and folder listings it will not let you move or drag and drop a file from one location to another. Lets say you have 3 Sub Folders in My Documents ( Folder 1, Folder 2 and Folder 3 each containing files.) You notice while in the File / Open or File / Save Dialog Box window that their are several files which currently reside in the My Documents folder but should be in say ...

File Locked for Editting.
We have a network running on server 2003, client machines are all Windows XP SP1. I have a user that consistently when opening .xls files that are stored on the server, gets the popup message, <filename> is locked for editting by 'user'. The odd thing is, the 'user' is the user that is opening that file.. and she does not have it open allready. Also, the open and close time of her files are a lot slower than they should be. Any ideas? Justin One possible cause....... Excel stores in Windows\Temp(win98) folder a copy(s) of any file that is open. Sometimes this *....

Can't view files with latest beta2 refresh #2
I downloaded the latest Beta2 refresh and now I cant access any of my word and publisher docs. It says "can't find file" or some such thing. I thought I read somewhere that the view and print functions in the latest refresh have been disabled. This is MOST inconvenient as every piece of business on my hard drive is now useless....is there any way of fixing this? Yes, you've said that already. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Fabman" <Fabman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9FD0DA9-F0DF-4CFF-ACB9-8207333DEBE7@microsoft.co...

Recover live calendars?
Someone was helping me cleanup an old laptop and they deleted important calendars from my WLM. I have months worth of appointments and need some help/instructions. Thanks (I hope) Did you sign in to Live services in WLM? It will not say Sign in below the Close X if you are signed in. calendar.live.com will have the calendars that will sync back to WLM the next time you connect with WLM. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "nimbus" <nimbus@live.com> wrote in message news:CDFEEBEA-D031-4B0B-AECC-58F904E3E601@microsoft.com... > Someone was helping ...

oe removing files
I receive a message that OE removed access to the following unsafe attachment. I know the person and I know the attachment is ok How do I stop This <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18c001c49b39$59c30250$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I receive a message that OE removed access to the > following unsafe attachment. I know the person and I know > the attachment is ok How do I stop This In OE, Tools-Options-Security for the 130,000th time....... ...

Pocket PC version
Hello all, is there a MS MOney 2004 version for Pocket PCs? The Microsoft ads for Money 2004 say that the Pocket PC version is on the CD but I haven't bought that product. >-----Original Message----- >http://www.microsoft.com/money/anytime/pocketpc/ > >>-----Original Message----- >>Hello all, >>is there a MS MOney 2004 version for Pocket PCs? >>. >> >. > ...

Find all the files in a folder
I had been using the FileSearch function to locate all the files of a particular type in a folder. Office2007 appears to have replaced that function with a FileSystemObject class, but i can't get that to work. Here is what I had been using. Any help would be appreciated. Set fs = Application.FileSearch With fs .LookIn = Range("C7").Value .SearchSubFolders = True .FileName = "*.csv" If .Execute() > 0 Then Row = 1 For i = 1 To .FoundFiles.Count Hi Phil This works in 2007 although it is not clear from your co...

Calculating monthly totals for current and previous year
Does anyone know the best formula for totalling values in a column that correspond to each month of the current and previous year? I have a sales register with the date of sale and commission on each row but want to display the total commissions for each month of the current year on one worksheet and monthly totals for previous year on athother worksheet. I have tried the following formulas but keep getting a popup box saying that the formula contains an error: =SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(Websites!B5:B31)=1),--(YEAR(Websites!B5:B31)=YEAR(TODAY())),Websites!R5:R31) =SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(Website...

"File Format is not valid" message
Hi there, I have a spreadsheet that I've been using successfully. I don't recall anything that might have caused file corruption. However, now, when I try to open the file, I get the message "File Format is not valid". But, the excel icon is shown and in a file list, it's displayed as type Excel. Any ideas how I can open this file?? Thanks in advance. The message you sent later appears to have been to cancel this post you said it was a Word file with an .xls file extension. Opening an Excel file in word is one way of destroying an Excel file. If that is the ...

Recover !!
Ok i updated my old outlook and because it was too much for my system (like all windows updates) i uninstalled oulook then reinstalled the old version now i have none of my old emails and there not in my hotmail either and they were going into both, hotmail and my outlook ~ so can anyone help me? or is it lost forever What is the version of your old Outlook? Try to search *.pst file "Robin" <rwtsr1@msn.com> wrote in message news:cb4101c48a4c$21dfd000$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Ok i updated my old outlook and because it was too much > for my system (like all windows upda...

Recover Unsaved
I need help. Excel closed without saving what I was working on now I need to recover it.... You do not say how Excel closed or what version you are using. The later versions have an AutoRecover feature. If you closed Excel without saving the file, you may not be able to recover. -- Damon Longworth Don't miss out on the 2005 Excel User Conference Sept 16th and 17th Stockyards Hotel - Ft. Worth, Texas www.ExcelUserConference.com "Tori" <Tori@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F64C96B-62FD-430D-A27A-DF00A9AA64D0@microsoft.com... >I need help. Exce...

OL '02 merge PST files
How can I merge a PST file from another computer into my outlook? Both versions are the same (2002). Wanted some advice before trying and messing it up!! Thanks If the PCs are connected via a network link, copy the file over and either open it in Outlook (File | Open | Outlook Data File) and drag the folders/messages into your existing personal folders. If they're not connected, you'll have to find alternate means of getting the file over. If you end up burning it to a CD, make sure you copy it from the CD to the target machine and uncheck the read-only attribute in the file's...

Help! I accidentally deleted emails that I desperately need to recover... Any suggestions please?
Desperate here! I have used LACIE back up, does it save emails? Many thanks! On 1/26/10 10:20 AM, in article C7847266.27FB9%gavin@kerner.com, "Gavin Wilding" <gavin@kerner.com> wrote: > Desperate here! I have used LACIE back up, does it save emails? It depends on what you backed up. Without more details, we can't help. You can use Switch Identity to access data in a second Identity. -- Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> YouTalk <...

how do I update automatically other worksheets in a file
Each week I enter sales 4 products in sheet1.With a column per week and row per product. Below this I have a cumulative total 2date for each product. Sheets 2-6 have results 4 each of the previous 5 years and also a similar table showing the cumulative total 2date.Sheets 7 -11 compare performance between successive years.Sheet,12, shows results 2date for each product & each of the 6 years. At present I enter current figures in sheet 1,then go to sheets2-6 and alter the sum formula for each row to cover the same number of weeks as on sheet 1. Simlarly I have to go to the comparisions...

convert 2002 Money file to 2008 Money file
I have a new Windows 7 computer and have moved my 2002 Money file from my old computer to My Documents on the new computer. I have downloaded a trial version of Money Essentials (2008) thinking I could convert my 2002 Money file to a 2008 Money file before converting the 2008 Money file to a Quicken file. However, when I try to open my 2002 Money file in Money Essentials I get the message "Money Essentials is unable to open files from other versions of Money." I had understood that it should have been able to open the file. How do I convert my Money 2002 file to a...

Opening multiple files separately
When opening multiple excel files they used to all open in separate versions of Excel which was great because then I could easily Alt-Tab between them. Now all of a sudden when ever I open new excel files by double clicking the name they open in the same Excel program but as a separate window. This is a real pain because it's hard to cycle through them and they keep minimizing whenever I maximize another one. I haven't changed any settings that I know of, is there a way to get each file to open separately again? -- pjyelton -------------------------------------------------------...

Can't view files with latest beta refresh
I downloaded the latest Beta2 refresh and now I cant access any of my word and publisher docs. It says "can't find file" or some such thing. I thought I read somewhere that the view and print functions in the latest refresh have been disabled. This is MOST inconvenient as every piece of business on my hard drive is now useless....is there any way of fixing this? Fabman wrote: > I downloaded the latest Beta2 refresh and now I cant access any of my word > and publisher docs. It says "can't find file" or some such thing. I thought I > read somewhere tha...

Recover junk mail
How can I recover all of my mail from the junk mail folder that I mistakenly just deleted? afaik...locally emptying or purging the junk mail folder is permanent in WLM(and also if using WLM for http access to a Hotmail account). If Pop3, access the web server holding the account to determine if the messages are present(ymmv) in the web Deleted folder. -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "Justin" <Justin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18654186-1254-4406-9DAF-22B213E775D4@microsoft.com... > How can I recover all of my mail from the junk mail fold...

The sheet path file name ?
Hi all , How can i edit in a cell a formula to retrieve the whole path of th sheet and not only the file ! Thank you veru much -- gaftali ----------------------------------------------------------------------- gaftalik's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=645 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48453 If you can use a UDF in your workbook then you could use one like so Function FullPath() As String Application.Volatile True FullPath = ThisWorkbook.FullName End Function -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Sout...

File Locked for editing--not
A user has a file that shows a dialog claiming that the file is "locked for editing" and you can open read-only or elect to get notified when it is closed. But the person who supposedly has it open is himself! We logged off and on and still the problem persists. How does Excel lock files? How can it be overidden? -mjm Maybe this from Debra Dalgleish's site will help: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#ReadOnly mike montagne wrote: > > A user has a file that shows a dialog claiming that the file is "locked > for editing" and you can open read...

Trash files left by Office 2008 Installer
I have been trying to clean up my hard drive and noticed the Office 2008 installer left all kinds of junk files in the directory root Macintosh HD/Library/Reciepts Do these files server any purpose and can they be deleted? Looks like very sloppy programming of an updater in 2009 This is the suspect trash I am talking about Office2008_en_automator_workflow.pkg Office2008_en_automator.pkg Office2008_en_fonts.pkg Office2008_en_helpviewer.pkg Office2008_en_errorreporting.pkg Office2008_en_autoupdate.pkg Office2008_en_silverlight.pkg Office2008_en_required.pkg Office2008_en_launch.pkg Of...

MAC file conversion
I received an Excel file from a person who uses a MAC. When opening it, a message came up that the file needed to be converted using "Bin Hex 4.0". Can anyone translate this for me and help me figure out how to properly convert and open this file. Without conversion, the file is a bunch of jibberish. ...

"File Error: Data May Be Lost" when file saved on Mac is opened in Windows
I have the next problem while working with big report with macroses. The first time report is opened and executed with special file it with Excel for Mac 2004. Then saved file is sent to another user who opens it in Excel 2003 or Excel 2007 for Windows. In Excel 2003 the "File Error: Data May Be Lost" appears on any worksheet of report. In Excel 2007 just one time - on the first worksheet. So what can lead to this error? If anyone who can help me needs the example of report I am ready to send it via email. Thanks in advance. ...