recover damaged excel file

I have a workbook creater with Excel 2000 just a few days ago but there's no
way to open it. Coud anyone give me any suggestion?

Hi,
what message do you get?, ask your IT department usually they backup all the
files, did you send the file to somebody?

"Nora_Italy" wrote:

> I have a workbook creater with Excel 2000 just a few days ago but there's no
> way to open it. Coud anyone give me any suggestion?
Thank you Eduardo.

I don't get any error message, the file just doesn't open. Unfortunatately
we backup files only once a month and I created this one just a few days ago.

"Eduardo" wrote:

> Hi,
> what message do you get?, ask your IT department usually they backup all the
> files, did you send the file to somebody?
>
> "Nora_Italy" wrote:
>
> > I have a workbook creater with Excel 2000 just a few days ago but there's no
> > way to open it. Coud anyone give me any suggestion?

Can't find data files Outlook 2000
A customer of mine called to say that his computer was dead. We sorted out that it was his motherboard that was dead. He bought a replacement computer and we installed the old hard disk in the new computer as a slave to get the files off it. The only data they really needed was their Outlook data - contacts and calendar were very important. They were using XP Home and Outlook 2000. I went looking for some data files but couldn't find anything. the only pst file on the computer was 32k and was an original start up file. I checked for files changed in the last 5 days and could find nothin...

How do I execute a macro based on the value of a cell in Excel?
For example, if cell A1=1, I want to run Macro1 once. If cell A1=2, I want to run Macro2 once. If cell A1=3, do nothing. I am familiar with Excel If/Then statements, so to my thinking, it would look something like: IF(A1=1,Run Macro1,IF(A1=2,Run Macro2,"")) I just don't know what the command is to "Run" the macro. others will reply i am sure with code.However you need to decide wether the macro runs automatically of a worksheet change event so every time cell a1 is changed(or any cell for that matter ) the macro would run.Alternatively you could have a button...

My MNY file appears to be corrupt. How best to proceed?
[I *do* have a couple of questions; please bear with me as I get to the point...] The last time I reconciled my Money 2007 checking account to my paper statement (about four months ago), it reconciled fine. Now I'm attempting to reconcile the next and following month's statements. When I entered the starting and ending balances on the reconcile dialog box, however, an error appeared that said: "Starting Balance Discrepancy. Money has calculated a different starting balance than the one you entered. To balance your account start with your oldest unreconciled transaction an...

Automatic Colour of Cells in Excel
I use excel for a marksheet. A level my students 1, 2, 3, 4. When I put a "4", for example, I usually go to format and then colour the cell blue. I was wondering if there was a way that Excel automatically changes the cell colour from "standard" to "blue" when I enter 4. and then for "3" I would get "green" etc. I know about the format painter icon which saves time, but i was wondering if there was a faster way ... thanks Good morning Spags There is a quicker way, Conditional Formatting under the format menu. Unfortunately, it ca...

HELP! When I removed Office XP did I lose by inbox file?
I didn't archive my inbox and personal folders before removing Office XP. Now I have reinstalled Office XP and thought I could find my old data files. but all of the import and repair tools work with PST which I don't have. I remember that previously there were seperate inbox files and can not find them now. Thank you for your input. Ron Be sure to show hidden and system files on your computer and then do a search for *.pst. This should get you started... "Ron" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:093b01c3ba63$265a8120$a401280a@phx.gbl....

Excel Activity Tracking
I am trying to track how many active projects we have on the go. Find activities for the current month is easy but I would like to track and graph historical projects. Each project has a Start Date and an End Date. Whenever a project starts in a certain month it should be added to the number of projects, and when it ends it should come off in the month where it ends. Any chance I could graph that with the months as the Y axis, the number of projects as the X axis and the Year as the Data axis? I need this to be dynamic so I cant be adding new columns for every month and year. Thanks!...

Excel Inserts Extra Rows In Text File
When I open a certain text file either with the macro listed below, o from windows explorer, Excel inserts a blank row between each row o data. Is there some setting that can be changed to correct this? Any assistance would be appreciated. Sincerely Jim Palmer ChDir "J:\" Dim Filter As String Dim Caption As String Filter = "All Files (*.*),*.*" Caption = "Select a File" SelectedFile = Application.GetOpenFilename(Filter, , Caption) Workbooks.OpenText Filename:=SelectedFile, _ Origin:=437, StartRow:=1 _ , DataType:=xlFixedWidth, FieldInfo:=Array(Array(0, ...

How can I push Access Data into Excel from Access 2007?
I have written macros in Access and Excel to extract data from multiple spreadsheets, manipulate the data, then import it into tables in Access 2007 to run reports, etc. The data is replaced on a monthly basis. This part works fine. Now I would like to take this data from Access, run queries and push the data back into an Excel template with 101 worksheets, the first sheet being a summary, the rest numbered from 001 to 100. I would like to control this from Access, even if it means running Excel VBA code from Access (which I do for the importing). I tried one example that ...

How do I open an 2000 excel file from a cd-rw, to my excel 2008
I have my 2000 excel files copied on a cd-rw. I can't move them to my new excel 2008 program. It won't open file E: How do you do that? "New to Vista" <New to Vista@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32F00813-66C1-4A43-93D1-B6FCD6F82260@microsoft.com... >I have my 2000 excel files copied on a cd-rw. I can't move them to my new > excel 2008 program. It won't open file E: How do you do that? You mean Excel 2007. Just copy the files to your Documents folder and open them from there... Excel for Mac has version 2008. -- Regards...

How do you recover a parameter?
Hello, I would like to execute an excel file, for example, with a file name file.xls zz.txt And afterwards, in that file, I would like to recover the name zz.txt. Could you please help me? Thanks. Dave, I'm not sure what you mean by "execute" the Excel file, or "recover the name." It sounds as though you want to make a txt file from the xls file. If so, you'll need to open it in Excel, then do File - Save As, with the file type set to txt. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com ----------------------------------------------------------------------- &...

Excell #11
How do I get excel to pie chart a certain percentage? Example 81% -- a What does that mean? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Annie" <Annie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:391401AA-8DB5-46C1-AB57-06B4D7635E3C@microsoft.com... > How do I get excel to pie chart a certain percentage? Example 81% > -- > a I am trying to paste a pie graph to the percentage of employees that attended an in-service. I have 20 employees and 11 attended. How can I show this in a pie graph using excel. I have the formula bar that will give ...

outlook xp recovered data - from CD
I just received a CD with all of my recovered outlook xp data from a failed hard drive: how do I move/copy/transfer the recovered Calendar, address book and contacts, personal folders, and emails from the data recovery CD to my existing Outlook folders? Where does that data reside on my new hard drive (windows xp pro oper system)? Would very much appreciate any help. Thanks. "kevinh" <kevin.hefner@aps.com> wrote in message news:0c7601c3b8f4$d417b3c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I just received a CD with all of my recovered outlook xp > data from a failed hard drive: ho...

Embedded Excel problem
I tried to adapt some code posted in earlier threads to export a set of embedded Excel worksheets and save them as separate Excel files. It runs fine when I step through by pressing F8 or even when I set an F9 breakpoint on the "SaveAs" line, but throws a run error 1004 (the SaveAs method of the '_Workbook' object failed) on the first For loop (at the SaveAs line) when i try to run it normally using F5. Can anyone see what's going wrong? Thanks Sub ExportEmbeddedSheetsAsExcel() Dim iCtr As Integer Dim xlWB As Excel.Workbook Dim oDoc As ...

Number of rows in Excel 2007
Hi everyone, I was under the impression that Excel 2007 was going to have more than 1 million rows and 16,000 columns. I opened the program last week at work and saw only the regular 65,536 just like previous versions. Am I dreaming, did I invent in my own mind? Your comments will be appreciated. Gilles If your workbook is an xls workbook, then only 65,536 rows show. Save as an xlsx and it will have the million rows. Bob Flanagan Macro Systems http://www.add-ins.com Productivity add-ins and downloadable books on VB macros for Excel "Gilles Desjardins" <gilles.desjardi...

Can't view files with latest beta2 refresh #2
I downloaded the latest Beta2 refresh and now I cant access any of my word and publisher docs. It says "can't find file" or some such thing. I thought I read somewhere that the view and print functions in the latest refresh have been disabled. This is MOST inconvenient as every piece of business on my hard drive is now useless....is there any way of fixing this? Yes, you've said that already. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Fabman" <Fabman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9FD0DA9-F0DF-4CFF-ACB9-8207333DEBE7@microsoft.co...

Recover live calendars?
Someone was helping me cleanup an old laptop and they deleted important calendars from my WLM. I have months worth of appointments and need some help/instructions. Thanks (I hope) Did you sign in to Live services in WLM? It will not say Sign in below the Close X if you are signed in. calendar.live.com will have the calendars that will sync back to WLM the next time you connect with WLM. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "nimbus" <nimbus@live.com> wrote in message news:CDFEEBEA-D031-4B0B-AECC-58F904E3E601@microsoft.com... > Someone was helping ...

The Sheet-Rename feature is greyed-out in my Excel 2003 workbook..
One of my Users has a workbook created under Excel 2003. We are now using Excel 2007. The User wants to Rename her Sheet Tabs but the Rename feature is greyed-out as though the Workbook is password-protected. When clicking on Home-Cells-Format there appears to be no password and my User knows of none. I've also tried SaveAs and checked "Tools-General Options": nothing is marked but the 'Password to Open' window was greyed-out and the file's title-bar said "(shared)" so I re-saved it as another name and removed the sharing option at save-tim...

How can I delete rows from Pivot Tables in Excel 2000 as in 97
I was able to delete multiple unwanted rows from Excel 97 Pivot Tables. Now I find I can only delete rows individually by untagging them in Excel 2000 Pivot Table. This is far too time consuming... Does anyone have a faster Solution ...

Move data from a pst file back to exchange server.
Hi guys, I have multiple email users who have local .pst files. I want to run a script/batch/utility to move the data from the .pst file back to the exchange server store. Any help would be great Thanks Have you looked into using exmerge? >-----Original Message----- >Hi guys, > >I have multiple email users who have local .pst files. >I want to run a script/batch/utility to move the data >from the .pst file back to the exchange server store. > >Any help would be great > >Thanks >. > ...

Opening Excel spreadsheets via explorer
Hello! I'm hoping the experts here can help me with this quirky issue. I have a user who when she double clicks on a spreadsheet from her My Documents folder or from an email or such, Excel 2007 opens yet will not open the document itself. If you click around long enough it usually will open, or if you go to the open dialog you can open it that way. Here's what I have tried - under Excel Options/Advanced I've tried both unchecking and checking the option to ignore other applications that use DDE with no luck. Also have tried modifying how the sheets open using this - Applicatio...

Excel XML
We have created a web application that allows users to generate Excel documents. We use Excel XML to create the document and allow users to open or save the document. This all works fine. The problem occurs after the created file has been opened on the users' computer and stays open for a while. Every now and then Excel crashes. Excel also crashes when the user tries to Save As.. the document. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why that occurs. ...

selling an excel worksheet
Hi All Just a quick question what is the procedure for selling an excel worksheet? -- rob@robaston.co ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rob@robaston.co's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27385 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=469081 Rob: This might help you, even tho you're on the other side of it. http://www.officearticles.com/misc/purchasing_vba_programming_for_microsoft_office_applications.htm ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "rob@robaston.co&...

Modifiable propagation time of Excel's functions?
Hello, Does Excel, by any chances, allow for determining the propagation time of its functions? I am doing a project in which I need the logical operators to return their values after a certain predetermined period of time (e.g. the AND operator to return the value it computes after e.g. 1 second). Thank you very much for your time. Student P.S. If the answer is in the negative, what is the way to achieve it indirectly? ...

"File Format is not valid" message
Hi there, I have a spreadsheet that I've been using successfully. I don't recall anything that might have caused file corruption. However, now, when I try to open the file, I get the message "File Format is not valid". But, the excel icon is shown and in a file list, it's displayed as type Excel. Any ideas how I can open this file?? Thanks in advance. The message you sent later appears to have been to cancel this post you said it was a Word file with an .xls file extension. Opening an Excel file in word is one way of destroying an Excel file. If that is the ...

Pass Parameter from Excel to SharePoint
I’m trying to open an Excel file from SharePoint. Here is a the scenario. I’d like to be able to pass a parameter from excel to SharePoint, and have SharePoint identify if the file exists on my SharePoint site. For instance, here is the generic URL: https://collaboration.net/sites/Documents/Forms/AllItems.asp What I want to be able to do is pass a file name as a Parameter, and open the appropriate Excel file with the same name, so it may be something like this: https://collaboration.net/sites/Documents/Forms/AllItems.asp?test=5262010.xls It will always be the URL and the w...