Recognition of crylic test in work sheet names, VB version 9108

I have named some worksheets using russian langauge text, which is not
recognised by VB in computers running less than Excel 2003.
Is there a patch or an upgrade for VB to read this text?

ie VB=Sheets(Array("àðàõèñ", "peanuts")).Select
and refers to the worksheet арахис (russian for peanuts)
(the text is readable in excel, is not legible as worksheet names in VB)

Cheers Ben
0
bennyob (13)

Microsoft confirms a problem but no work around?
I'm using Word 2003 on XP SP2 Home Edition to print a 12 page booklet (half page of 8.5 X 11). While trying to overcome problems with printing correct page sequencing. I ran across Microsoft KB 286856 which states that Microsoft acknowledges a problem in Word 2003 when using Manual duplex. I find it incredulous (wow, I haven't had to use that word for quite a while), that Microsoft would confirm the problem and just leave it at that - with no suggested work around. Or is there one? I forgot to mention that the link (in Suzanne Barnhill's article on Booklet ...

Test of Managed Email Address
Test of my Managed Group Email address I think I Posted as DDowningMO@discussions.microsoft.com if this is not what is showing up then I have something set wrong. DDowningmo -- HQ 2.0 / RMS 2.0 4 Lanes, 4 Back Office Server 2003 SP2 ------=_NextPart_0001_14D98E6D Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good afternoon, Thank you for posting this as a test; and it did show up as coming from a managed email address. If you have other posts that did not get a response, that you still need answers to, please re-post. Thank you in advance. Todd Berger Microsoft Onl...

spread sheet
how do i chart ticket sales by ticket number & ticket seller ...

Vista's Calendar Notification not Working
It used to be that when I created an event in Vista Calendar it would pop up a notification for me at the designated time whether I opened up Calendar or not. Now the notification only pops up if I actually open Calendar itself, and that could be days after the event has expired. How can I correct this problem? Ted Smith ...

Multiple excel sheets with same headings
I have 14 sheets with me for 14 different users. Now I want the data to come out of it for each person. The sheets are titled by the names of the individuals. Can MS Query be used for this? If yes, how? If not, then what shall I do? -- mohitmahajan ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mohitmahajan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=8130 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=470132 ...

Auto Fill Macro Not Working Properly
Hi, I used a macro that I found through this newsgroup that auto fills down when you've got spaces in Column A that need filling with a prior value. It looks like this. Sub FillBlanksColumnA() Application.ScreenUpdating = False Extent = Cells.Rows.Count For i = 2 To Extent If Cells(i, 1) = "" Then Cells(i, 1) = Cells(i - 1, 1) Next i End Sub My problem is that this continues onto line 65000+. How can I revise this macro to stop when there is a blank or no value in Col B? Or can it be revised to say stop at line 2000? Thanks in advance. Jason Jason, If you want...

Looking for GPO to add Address List to Address Book for checking names in specified order
Hi, I want to deploy an extra address list to the address book of our users in Exchange/Outlook 2003. This can be done manually: open address book, select "Options" and press the buttonb "Add..." to add another Address List. Perhaps it can be done differently, but i need Outlook to lookup people in an extra address list. Who can help me deploying this? Preferably with a GPO or perhaps a logon script example? Regards, Hans. You add address list through ESM Read this article http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=319213 -- Nebojsa Seslija -----------...

Updating/keeping account names
Don't know if I can explain this better, but when updating, how do I keep the same vendor/description name. For example, today, when updating, I had an ATM withdrawel of $50 listed. Instead of that showing reconciled, it took the same amount of $50 that regulary gets taken out from my bank and showed that to be reconciled instead. ...

Cell referencing don't work in Excel!!!!!
Hi guys, I normally copy down formulas in Excel by double klicking the buttom right corner of a cell... When I do this now, everything works as normal, however all cells gets the same value. (i.e. =Left(A1,4) ) PS!! Im NOT using $A$4 formula... Sa even though the formulas is like this... =LEFT(A1,4) =LEFT(A2,4) =LEFT(A3,4) =LEFT(A4,4) =LEFT(A5,4) Copy of A column: 4111 - External completions 4112 - Credit notes - External completions 4121 - Intercompany sales 4122 - Internal sales 4511 - Other income 4512 - Intercompany other income 4521 - Internal other income - commercial ti...

test
hi ...

IMAP not working for old users
Hi, I am trying to use IMAP to log in to Exchange 2003. IMAP is running, as I can connect. However, I get "unknown user name or bad password", even though I'm certain that the login/password is correct. I am able to connect using the same login/password via OWA. I've tried the following combinations for logins: LOGIN DOMAIN/LOGIN DOMAIN/LOGIN/LOGIN DOMAIN/LOGIN/Inbox I get the same failed authentication in all cases (for all tested old users). I'm sure IMAP is active for this user. But, When I create a NEW user login is succefful ! (or r...

Analytical Accounting and Frx Balance Sheet
I need to create a Balance sheet using AA. Balances do not roll forward in AA has anyone else created Balance SHeet using AA Trx dimension as one of the segments? Using GP 9.0 Frx6.7 -- Phil It's unbelievable thing that balance sheet account with AA does not get rolled over after year end closing, and there is simply no year end closing in AA. Is this accounting software or?? "Phil" wrote: > I need to create a Balance sheet using AA. Balances do not roll forward in > AA has anyone else created Balance SHeet using AA Trx dimension as one of the > segments? ...

Named Printers should be available for the Manufacturing module
Currently the Named Printers functionality is not available for the Manufacturing series. Named Printers would be very useful in a manufacturing environment, for instance allowing a picklist to print to a warehouse printer without having to manually change the printer every time. -- BrianB ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web...

How to programmatically test if message is digitally signed?
I use automation with Access 2003 to search and inspect email messages (to get sender, recipients, etc.) in Outlook folders. But if a message is encrypted or digitally signed, it cannot be inspected. I want to test to see if a message is encrypted or digitally signed so I can skip or otherwise indicate in the search results that some messages could not be inspected. What is happening now is that when the For Loop comes to an encrypted or digitally signed message, it gets a Type Mismatch error and exits the loop - so the search is incomplete, especially if the error is received early in the s...

Need to print Cover Sheet for report.
Hi, I'm using Access via Office XP Pro. I am working on a government report. The first page of the report is a cover sheet / instructions and has nothing to do with the actual data other than it has to be the first page / coversheet to the report. Then I have the actual report which needs to have one footer at the end of the report which has the actual totals. I do not need a footer on each page, just the last page. Currently, I put the cover sheet in the Report Header. The cover sheet has our name, address, phone number, name of person submitting the report, and ...

Recieving email for domain test.org in domain test.local
Hello All, I have a Windows 2003 domain, test.local, where Exchange 2003 is installed into. I need to be able to recieve email from the domain test.org. What are the steps I need to take to accomplish this? I have been able to pick out a few of the steps I need to take, but I just want to make sure I know of all the steps I need to do before I proceed. Thanks for your replies! you mean test.org will be your email domain? is that what you mean? if so, you will need to configure a recipient policy that allows your system to receive email for that domain... http://support.microsoft.co...

outlook backup program won't work
I downloaded and installed the outlook 2003 backup utility directly from MS, install completed with no problems. However, when I go to File -- "Backup", there is no "Backup" icon to click on; for some reason it has been omitted from the menu despite a successful installation. Any idea why, or is there a better way to backup psts? (ntbackup) An unrelated question I have: Say a user is on Outlook 2002, with a pst pushing 1.7GB. I understand this can eventually bring about quite a few problems, so we order Office 2003 to combat the situation. Question: How can I ensure that...

Rules for a name in To:
Outlook 2007: I know how to make a rule to delete a name in the FROM box. Is it possible to delete a name in the TO box? Why? I kep getting an e-mail from various foks via facebook to an unknown person using my e-mail address. tia ...

Speech Recognition and Macros
Does Speech recognition work in Excel if I am using a macor? I have a macro open but the dictation button is grayed out. Thanks, G118 ...

How do the client cals work?
I'm new to crm and a client of my companies just bout a 6 cal license. My question is, how do I enable the cals? Does it automatically know how many cals i have by the registration key? If I would ever buy more cals, how do I enable them? Hi Zach; The answer depends a bit on the type of licensing model you purchased under, but generally speaking you use the CRM Deployment manager (an app on the CRM server) and you will see a node there called License. You should be able either add your key there, or update the license key information there. Dave Ireland "Zach Thomas"...

Sum all sheets
I have a workbook, with multiple sheets, each with it's own name. Each sheet has a cell, ie N25, which represents a count function on that sheet. Now, I would like to place the sum of N25 of all the sheets on a summary sheet. Is it possible to do this with or without using a macro? If it is, I could use your help. Many thanks. Wally =SUM(Sheet1:Sheet3!N25) and adjust the worksheet names to match your needs. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200785 "wally" wrote: > I have a workbook, with multiple sheets, each with it's own name. Each sheet > has a cell,...

vlookup update when inserting columns in named tables
Good evening all, I have an annoying problem which incurrs lots of additional work, whick I would dearly like a work around for. I have many vlookup formulae which references a named tables,eg: A B C D E 1 M1030 200 300 400 500 I have named this list, 'table1', from which I have I have a vlookup function in another worksheet eg =vlookup($A10,table1,3,0), where $A10 in the other worksheet is 'M1030', which will return the value '300' This works fine, but if I insert a column in table1, eg between col...

test #5
test ...

test
test - please ignore Officially ignored by me. :) -- Dale A. Howard [MVP] VP of Educational Services msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com http://www.projectserverexperts.com "We write the books on Project Server" "Mike Mahoney" <sleekstone@msn.com> wrote in message news:75bb4e7c-aefc-44c9-924f-3f77b03c0667@b21g2000vbh.googlegroups.com... > test - please ignore ...

Opening Excel Opens Too Many Sheets
Don't know what I did recently but when I open Excel, FINANCIAL MANAGER is added to the main menu at the top and several sheets/files are opened that I do not want to open. FINANCIAL MANAGER wasn't there before and I can find no way to take it off the menu. I find no "startup" folder that lists these files that I could delete the shortcuts to - I've looked in the various folders relating to Excel but not found anything that might stop this activity whenever I open Excel. Opening the shortcut I'd been using to get to Excel, it's like a macro starts off and I fin...