Read-only error saving to network

We have many Excel files saved to a server.  All but one of our users can
open the files directly from the server and make changes.  They can then save
the file back directly to the server.  One user gets a read-only error
message each time he tries to save the file on the server.  It prompts him to
make a copy.  None of the files are marked as read-only.  He has no problem
opening the files, just can't save them.  Doesn't seem to matter if he
created the file or someone else did.

Thanks for any help

Will
0
B1 (229)

Outlook Send / Receiving email
I am unable to send or receive email in Outlook, error code displayed below. Task 'POP3 - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0D) : 'Cannot find the e-mail server. Verify the server information in your account properties.' Task 'POP3 - Receiving' reported error (0x80040900) : 'The server name you entered cannot be found on the network (it might be down temporarily). Verify that you are online and that the server name is correct.' Please advise back what to do. Thank you & Regards, Call your ISP and get the correct POP and SMTP -- Peter ...

Best practice .pst files on network shares for backup purposes
We encourage our users to periodically move their e-mail items from the users mailbox to a .pst folder thus preventing their exchange mailboxes from 'growing bigger and bigger. Those .pst files resided in the C:\Documents and Settings\{user profile name}\Local folders but because we had a couple of problems with users with a corrupt / lost .pst file and the fact that we don't have backups of their local disks we decided to put the .pst files on a network share. This way we'd always have a backup on tape of the file in case something went wrong But it seems Microsoft doesn't a...

Formula Error Message
Is there a way to not have the formula error message DIV/0! display in a cell and still keep the formula? If the formula is, e.g., =a1/b1 change it to =IF(B1=0,"",A1/B1) On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 20:01:03 -0800, Chambersteacher <Chambersteacher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to not have the formula error message DIV/0! display in a cell >and still keep the formula? ...

Daylight saving time and Offline folders + Calendar
Good morning all, I have an issue regarding an Exchange 5.5 server with clients running Outlook 2000 over XP pro. Since the change from GMT to BST any user who is using offline folders has a change in they appointment times which manifests itself as either The time of the appointment moves forward an hour or, in the case of an all day event, it runs for two days (that being the the day of the event and the day before) Has anyone else come across this problem ? If so any help would be most appreciated. Steve ...

Outlook Error Message When Sending
I updated the windows updates for Office and ever since have been getting an error message when I attempt to create a new email message. A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook, Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "No". Allow access for x minute (in box) -------------------------------------------------------- I have done the following: 1. Checked for a virus. I don't have any. 2. I have re-installed office over top of itself. That made no difference. 3. Un-Installed Outlook and...

VS 2008 errors in Win7
I replaced my WinXP machine with Windows 7 machine and re-installed all software. I am running VS 2008 with Ajax Control Toolkit. When I go into a page that has ajax controls I am getting the top @ Page line underlined with the error "ASP.NET runtime error: An error occurred loading a configuration file: Failed to start monitoring changes to '..... When I go into the design mode I get "Error Creating Control. Unknown server tag 'cc1:CalendarExtender' The web site runs fine and I get none of this in my other PC which is WinXP and VS 2008. Any ideas on ...

outlook 2003 (Windows XP) emails gives error re: subscription
In setting up outlook 2003 (ln windows xp) email (for hotmail account) I keep getting a required subscription for this service. What subscription are they referring to? Thank you. Hotmail You need a paid for Hotmail account to use Outlook (Also applies to some other internet mail accounts) "R Rankl" <R Rankl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C39AA85F-C879-4F14-B208-F3918424A523@microsoft.com... > In setting up outlook 2003 (ln windows xp) email (for hotmail account) I > keep > getting a required subscription for this service. > > What subsc...

Date Time Variant NOT read when loading CSV
I wrote a Java Timestamp using myvariant.toString() which writes 2003-12-08 15:34:43.0 In a CSV (Comma seperated Values file) Excel reads most things OK but it truncates the above string to 34:43.0 It seems that Excel doesnt like 2 colons in a string!!! This bug occurs in Excel 97 & Excel 2000 Excel 2000 is WORSE: if in Java I replace the first colon with 'z' then use a 'formula' in Excel to replace the 'z' with a colon I get back to a string which Excel97 can recognise as Date (Actually a DateTime) but Excel 2000 does NOT recognise the corrected field as a Date...

Outlook 2003 won't save password in pop3 account settings
I am trying to set my email account settings to remember my password and it still prompts me everytime I send or receive email for the password. If I type it in, I have no trouble connecting and getting mail though. I am working through a citrix terminal to connect to outlook 2003 running on our company server. Is this a known bug? Is there a patch? Help! Sean Cartwright ...

Problem sending messages
Hello, I am new to Outlook - I can receive messages, but get a 553 error when trying to send messages. All it says is "the following recipients cannot be reached: " I have tried toying with the outgoing server options, but have not succeeded. If anyone could tell me what I am doing wrong/need to do, I would appreciate it greatly. Thank you for your time! -Alina > I am new to Outlook - I can receive messages, but get a 553 error when > trying to send messages. All it says is "the following recipients > cannot be reached: " > > I have tried toying wi...

Errors after Modifying Access 2000 db using Access 2003
I know this proplem has been posted and several solutions have been posted, but I cannot get any of them to work, and I'm at wits end. Someone in the company developed a db in Access 2000 that is extremely useful, but after years of using, I've thought of a few ways to improve upon it (via Access 2003). I was finally able to update the Forms, Macros, and Modules, and get the db working as I wanted. However, after I closed the db and re-opened it for its final testing, I got the dreaded "Module Not Found" error when I clicked on one of the command buttons. I feel l...

Share printer error
I installed a network printer on my 2008 server R2 64 bit. When i go to share it out i get the following error message Printer settings could not be saved. Operation could not be completed (error 0x000006d9) Jason Marino (jmarino@tekcoon.com) writes: > I installed a network printer on my 2008 server R2 64 bit. When i go to > share it out i get the following error message > > Printer settings could not be saved. Operation could not be completed > (error 0x000006d9) Somehow, I think you are better off asking in a forum devoted to Windows 2008... This for...

Office 2003 Upgrade - Error 1608
I'm trying to install Office 2003 Small Business Upgrade on Windows 7. I have Office XP (2002) already installed (Student & Teacher version). When I go to install the upgrade, I get the error message 1608 that "Setup could not locate a version of Microsoft Office 97, 2000 or XP on the selected drive. As mentioned, the suite IS installed on my C:\ drive. I also tried inserting the Office XP installation CD, but get the same error message. Please advise what I should do. Probably because Office XP Student and Teacher Edition is not a qualifying upgrade product f...

C#.net read word doc from byte[]
Hi All, I'm trying to read the text from a word document and display it in a RichTextBox using C#.net. The Word document is stored in a SQL Server 2008 database using FILESTREAM. when i read back the data from the table i get the document in a byte array - how do i get the text from the byte array??? There are loads of articles online about how to read from a document on your file system - which is of no use to me as i have it in a byte format. Does anybody here have any ideas how to read from a byte array or a memory stream?? Thanks Dale I don't think there is ...

Word 2002 SP2 saving files
Apparently when you edit a file in Word 2002 and save it, it only saves a backup copy of the previous file rendition. If you have made any changes, the current backup copy will not reflect them. So, to create a current backup copy of a file I have edited, I must save it, then alter it with a period or something, then save it again, then delete the last change. How can I make Word save the current version of a file. Excel does this. Why someone would want to save the previous version is beyond me. They could always use SAVE AS to retain the previous version if they wanted to...

destroyWindow give error
Hi hi i have one class which is nodialog from that i create dialog which is modeless. in one thread i call destryWindow from onother thread..it give error CHandleMap* pMap = afxMapHWND(); >> >> ASSERT(pMap != NULL); // Why does pMap == NULL this code fails.. if any body have solution ,plz send pradip > in one thread > > i call destryWindow from onother thread..it Thats your problem. The map between handle and CWnds is thread specific. This must be called on the same thread the window was created. --- Ajay you can post a custom defined message to the ...

can't save report default filter
crm 3.0 SBE On SBS 2003 when I edit report default fiter of any default report or customized report,then click save,I got an error. this is the error text: crm had an error,please contact system manager. ...

MFC SMTP Server and Exchange server on one network
I have a Canon MFC that is supposed to send scanned documents by email to recipients in house. All was working fine until I installed an SBS Exchange server on site. Formerly the MFC was sending emails to their ISPs email server from where they would POP it. This mechanism still works in spite of me setting the Pri DNS to the Exchange Server. Not too clear on all this but if someone could outline the steps of having both Exchange and the MFC SMTP servers running on the same network so the MFC server sends the emails to the Exchange server, I would be much obliged. Regards, fredblah If th...

Sumif Error (?)
Hi All, I have a multitab spreadsheet where i add 6 rows each day with the current date. On another tab I have a SUMIF formula that will pull in the totals based on a date input by the user. This morning, my row count crossed the 1100 mark, meaning i populated rows 1100-1105, column A has todays date and then there are another 15 columns with various data. On the other tab, the same formula that works every day is used and I dont get the correct number. When researching it appears that Excel is offsetting by 1 row. Instead of adding my 6 rows based upon todays date, it is taking the la...

Error message #9
Hi I have "Money 2000 Business & Personal" - When I try to open the program I get the following error message: Quote MSMoney.exe - No Disk There is no disk in the drive. Please insert disk in the drive F:. Unquote The drive F was the disk I've intalled the program from. If I click cancel or continue in the message it does open but every single move I make inside the program I get the same error message, then I click on the cancel again and again and again. Does anybody knows what's going on? Any help will be appeciated. Claret. In microsoft.public.money, Cla...

Outlook Express Export Error Message
When attempting to export messages (for back up purposes) from OE (6.00.2800.123) I receive the error message "Error occurred while initializing MAPI" (running XP Pro). MS knowledge base article 179637 and WinBook Tech Article WBTA05000872 applyto Win 98 and previous versions. ABC Online Fourm post id:8488 also appears to apply to earlier versions of Win. DbxConv - DBX to MBOX converter by Ulrich Krebs will change format and extension but is this the way to go? A search on MS Community Newsgroups/Office/MS.public.office I did not recover any pertinent information on deali...

Errors when Exmergin a mailbox
Try to exmerge mailbox. When it's over get messages in error log that MAPI_W_PARTIAL_COMPLETION error was encountered. Uninstalled Antivirus and rebooted machine. Checked permissions settings on the mailbox. only exchange admins didnt have the right to send as or receive as I've changed this by creating a security group and now Administrator, Administrators, Domain Admins, Enterprise Admins, Exchange Domain Servers, SERVR$ and the security group have full right to do anything when i take a look at mailbox in active directory. When looking at mailbox store permissions administrator sti...

Saving multiple worksheets as independent files
I have a multiple worksheet workbook that on a regular basis would like to save as independent workbooks. Is there an easy way to do this vs. cutting & pasting into another workbook? Right-click the tab name, select Move or Copy, pick new book from the To Book dropdown, and either leave the Create a Copy checkbox unticked (move) or tick it (Copy). -- HTH RP "Hewlett" <Hewlett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:074AFD41-B2FB-448E-9ED9-44F103BB2EDF@microsoft.com... > I have a multiple worksheet workbook that on a regular basis would like to > save ...

Mobile 1.2 Registration error
hey all i'm getting this error: [CMP]rdaMsgBusErrorTrace[LVL]0 [EVT]0 [TXT]Exception details: Message: SqlCeException SQL CE Exception Error Code: 80072F06 Message: Minor Err: 28037 Source: Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Windows CE Edition Exception Contents: System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeException.SqlCeException i can access https://crmserver/ssCERDA and https://crmserver/CRMMobileSubscription fine, so i dont know why this is failing any ideas? ------=_NextPart_0001_26AE9586 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi- Error 28037 means that a request to send data to t...

Outlook 2000 Calendar Re-occuring Appointments error
Hi I have a few users that have just started getting the following error pop up on their screen when they click on thei Calendar in Outlook 2000: Cannot find reoccurence data for reoccuring event. Does anyone have any ideas on why this might be? They have been using it fine for years and has only started to happen. Please help. ...