Read-Only #2

My excel spreadsheet will only let me "read-only."  It
says that my document is currently opened by -- me.  It's
not open, I've restarted my computer and no one in the
office has the document open.

How do I remove the Read-only so I can have full access?
Thanks for your help!
Nicki
0
anonymous (74717)

If the file is on a disk, make sure the protection slider is covering the little window at the top right of the disk. Otherwise, find the file in windows explorer, right click and go to properties. At the bottom of the box that appears are the "Attributes", one of which is "Read Only". Make sure this box is not checked.

I don't know if this will work or not, it sounds like your problem is likely something else, but its worth a shot if you haven't tried already.

"Nicki" wrote:

> My excel spreadsheet will only let me "read-only."  It
> says that my document is currently opened by -- me.  It's
> not open, I've restarted my computer and no one in the
> office has the document open.
>
> How do I remove the Read-only so I can have full access?
> Thanks for your help!
> Nicki

0
JBrydle (6)
7/28/2004 5:03:01 PM
In the Excel FAQs, there are a couple of suggestions for fixing this
problem:

   http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

How do I make 2 pages into 1 page?
I've used WP and it had a 'make it fit' that would change fonts and bring the page down. How can I do this on Word 07 Use the Shrink One Page facility in the Print Preview Screen. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "kangaroo" <kangaroo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C0C8587-DACE-4F65-AD16-1D90EB2BABE3@microsoft.com... > I've used WP and it had a 'make it fi...

Reading .wks file

RMS 2.0 to POS2009 database conversion
I am trying to create a database in POS2009 from a .bck from RMS 2.0. It keeps bailing out during the create process. What am I missing? I have installed the Serv pck for POS2009. -- ce-thompson@ca.rr.com That can't be done directly. You need to follow the upgrade/migration process outlined in the Rapid Implementation Tools found on Partner Source. Robert Armstrong RMS Systems Inc. www.retail-pos.com "Curt Thompson" <cthompson@adctech.com.nospam> wrote in message news:91BDC244-B472-44B8-AE99-B43B94E29142@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create a da...

File won't open as read only

Label Wizard Problem #2
The Label format column is blank on on the label wizard and I am unable to continue. I have rebooted computer and program with no success. It sounds like the path to your labels folder is not correct. Check your setting in SOA, File - Configuration - Paths tab then lokk under labels. Make sure it points to the actual folder where your label formats reside. Marc "MKOTTO" <MKOTTO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F8EE211-5B29-4846-9F49-0D3E30F5F2CE@microsoft.com... > The Label format column is blank on on the label wizard and I am unable to > contin...

CRM upgrade from 1.2 to 3.0 with SQL instance fails
Hello, The Microsoft CRM 3.0 server does not upgrade my basic CRM 1.2 server. When it is checking the server requirements, I get a couple of errors like "MachineName value SQL1\CRM is invalid" and "The SQL Server 'SQL1\CRM' is unavailable". I am hosting the CRM databases on a seperate SQL 2000 instance. I can validate that the CRM 1.2 server has no problems accessing the database server because everything is working. Here is what the help says when I click on the error: Named Instance Microsoft SQL Server Found Cause Setup has found that you are trying to ...

Read mail arn't marked as read anymore

reading confirmation

Outlook Favorites Won't Save, Messages wrong on Outlook Today #2
Re-posting a message from a couple of weeks ago, hoping for better luck this time. I have Outlook 2003 running on XP Pro. Original message, with some additional info in brackets: A few days ago, I lost all my favorites. Also, the Messages section on Outlook Today no longer shows the number of unread messages, and if I click on a folder under Messages, nothing happens. For the Favorites, once I add them back in, it works fine until I reboot, and then they are gone again. I do close and re-open Outlook after adding my folders, so it should be saved properly, and it appears to be working w...

PostMessage #2
I have a Dialog based application . I want to post message from this dialog to another class which is alos part of the same application. Say When I click a button,this dialog posts a message to another class. How should I achieve this? how should I know about the class recieve that particular message? Pls guide me with sample code. Regards YKUT First off, you're going to be posting to a window not a class even though it kind of looks that way since the class/object has the code that handles the message. You can do this by using the CWnd PostMessage() or SendMessage() funcitons. Yo...

Owa login problem #2
Initialy there was an error ASP 0115 Errors in IIS This what I 've done ; Click Start, point to Programs, click Windows NT 4.0 Option Pack, click Microsoft Internet Information Server, and then click Internet Service Manager. Expand Internet Information Server. Right-click the computer name, and then click Properties. In the Master Properties drop-down list box, click WWW Service, and then click Edit. Click the Home Directory tab, and then click Configuration. On the Process Options tab, click to clear the Enable Debug Exception Catching check box. Click OK to close the Application C...

transfer data range from criteria in 2 combo boxes
i have 2 combo boxes "com1" and "com2" i want the value in "com1" to help me decide which columns to target and i would like "com2" to decide which rows to target from another worksheet "sheet2" example: if the value of "com1" was "red" and the value of "com2" was "5/1/10" then i can return C5-C35 from "sheet2" into "a1-a31" in the original sheet example: if the value of "com1" was "blue" and the value of "com2" was "5/2/10" then...

printing problems #2
When some of my coworkers print timelines, the arrows show up but notthe text of the milestones. We use different kinds of printers or print to Adobe. Has anybody else seen this? What's the fix. What version of Visio? Are all service packs installed? What operating system(s)? Which printers are successful and which ones are not? Are all printer drivers up to date? Randall Arnold "Sherrie" <sb6633@sbc.com> wrote in message news:%23PAQ07ioDHA.1708@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > When some of my coworkers print timelines, the arrows show up but notthe > text of the mi...

Money 2008 #2
Are they making a UK version as we have not had one for some time, I use 2006 version which was last they produced for us. I'm not aware of any new one at present. The last UK version was 2005. On the Money support page, it says: "Note: Money 2006, 2007, and Money Plus are only supported in the United States and Japan. Money 2005 is supported in countries outside the United State and Japan, including France and the United Kingdom. Money 2003 and 2004 are no longer supported. Please contact the appropriate support center for your product." Which implies to me, that Money ...

The memory could not be "read".

how can i copy a document to a CD without making it read only?
HOW CAN I COPY A DOCUMENT TO A CD WITHOUT MAKING IN READ ONLY? You can't. It is not the file, but the media, that is read only. Even CD-RW media does not allow editing a file on the CD. Copy te file from CD to HD, mak edits and if a CD-RW you should be able to burn the edited file back to the CD. hth "DON" wrote: > HOW CAN I COPY A DOCUMENT TO A CD WITHOUT MAKING IN READ ONLY? ...

Factory-Reconditioned Ridgid 3-1/2" Round Head Framing Nailer ZRR350RHA
Price:$159.99 Image: http://megadiscountguru.info/image.php?id=B001LTZ8W4 Best deal: http://megadiscountguru.info/index.php?id=B001LTZ8W4 This is a factory reconditioned power tool. Reconditioned generally means that the tool has been returned to the manufacturer, who brings the tool back to like new condition. Some tools may contain cosmetic blemishes. Includes 3-1/2" Round Head Framing Nailer - ZRR350RHA, Wrench, Eye Protection, Carrying Bag With Shoulder Strap, Oil ...

Unable to Read Japanese Email
I correspond with several Japanese users and can read emails from some of them without a problem, but emails from others are nothing but a series of ?????. In one case, I can read one email but not another from the same sender. Changing the Encoding doesn't help. Sending emails in Japanese to them without a problem...they can read it fine. Would appreciate any suggestions/solutions as I'm stumped. I'm using Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP Home operating system. Japanese language support is installed. ...

Price List #2
I created a profile for an Inventory person, when she goes into price list and clicks on 'currency id' it says she does not have enough priviliges. Does she have access to the 'Currencies' window? "rcr" wrote: > I created a profile for an Inventory person, when she goes into price list > and clicks on 'currency id' it says she does not have enough priviliges. > > ...

If Statment #2
I need help with a formula that would do the following: for example i you has a list of leters in B1:B10 and a list of numbers for A1:A1 what I need to know is the fomula that would look at the letters i B1:B10 and if they met a value that I needed then would count th numbers in A1:A10. So, if B1:B10 = A then it would count the numbe value for A in A1:A10. Hope that made sense, if not I will try t clerify, thanks for the hel -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try =INDEX(A1:A10,MATCH("A",B1:B10,0)) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I need help with ...

Transferring read e-mail to another folder
Hello I was wondering whether there was a way in which I could automatically transfer my e-mail that has been read into another folder, such as "Old e-mail" or something like that? Thanks ...

Final Results from 1 or 2 scores
i have made a report that shows the scores and placings for contestants. Some events have 2 sets of scores and so have two final results which get added togeter and then divided by 2 to give a final percentage in the final mark Box. Then sometimes the same event has only 1 set of scores and 1 result and so the report needs to reflect result 1 as the Final percentage eg Place Contestants name Result 1 Result2 Final mark -- 1 Betty Boo 56% 75% 65.5% 1 Betty Boo 56% ...

displaying comments #2
Is there any way to force comments to appear where I want them to appear instead of where Excel thinks they should appear. I want them displayed only when the cursor moves over them. Excel seems to always display comments to the right of the cell, but if the cell is on the right side of the spreadsheet, displaying it to the right may put half of it beyond the visible screen to the right. How can I force comments to display on the left of the cell so the users won't need to scroll right to read the comment? Thanks, Harold There is no way to force cell comments to appear anywher...