Re: Using sheetname variable in a formula

Hello.

Suppose a cell (say A1) contains the name of a valid worksheet (sa
Sheet1, Sheet2, and Sheet3).

I would like to use the *contents* of cell A1 in my formula to get a
data on that sheet.

Something like:

=*SheetNameStoredInCellA1*!A23

I know *=Sheet2!A23* is valid

but when I try =A1!A23, that does not work

Hope someone can help

--
mm
mms's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1653

Hi
look at the function INDIRECT. e.g.
=INDIRECT("'" & A1 & "'!A3")

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16536
> View this thread:

frank.kabel (11126)

How to use XmlAttributeOverrides
Hi there, I'm trying to use XmlSerializer with overrides to generate xml for a ArrayList that contains objects of a certain type (let's say class A). Class A serializes fine, this is not an issue. The following works fine (the array has an element name ArrayOfAnyType, the containing elements are called anyType): XmlSerializer x = new XmlSerializer(typeof(ArrayList), myTypeArrayContainingA); Now I'm trying XmlAttributeOverrides, so I can control names etc: XmlAttributeOverrides overrides = new XmlAttributeOverrides(); XmlAttributes root = new XmlAttributes(); root.XmlRoot = new ...

How to use Ctrl+Enter in outlook?
I think it's useful but I don't know how to use it.Who will hlp me? "The useful information of outlook" <The useful information of outlook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CBDD662E-8F9B-4F53-B078-506AE4817A3F@microsoft.com... >I think it's useful but I don't know how to use it.Who will hlp me? > 1. Press and hold the Ctrl key. 2. Press and release the Enter key 3. Release the Ctrl key John --- avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean. Virus Database (VPS): 000775-6, 22/09/2007 Tested on: 9/22/2007 08:51:56 avast! - copyr...

formula values default to zero
I want to graph a range that is automatically updated, but the range consists of formulae that do not have values yet. I am doing a line chart, so I do not want these values represented as zero, instead I would like to essentially have them blank. For example, January and February have values but the other months don't - how do I graph or change the formulae to keep the other months from showing up as zero on the graph. I tried nested functions with "" as the False value, but still get a zero value plotted on the graph. Please help, I'm going nuts trying to figure ...

How to paste text into a comment box using toolbar commands
I have a range of cells containing text on one worksheet. I want to paste this text into a Comment Box in a NEW worksheet. Thanks for your help ..... "Halifax" <Halifax@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:721F3AF2-3E36-4DE8-A083-3475D21FA277@microsoft.com... >I have a range of cells containing text on one worksheet. > I want to paste this text into a Comment Box in a NEW worksheet. > Thanks for your help ..... I don't see the problem. Copy the text, and in the new worksheet paste into a comment... -- Asking a question? Please tell us the version...

Re-arranging table using pivot-table?

how to use STATIC control to display temperature in degree (oC)?
I want to use the Static control as a label to display temperature unit in degree (that is oC). How to do that? CString Temp; Temp.Format("%ld%cC",Degrees,0xB0); AliR. "kathy" <yqin_99@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1129056720.751477.33580@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > I want to use the Static control as a label to display temperature unit > in degree (that is oC). How to do that? > ...

Re-install Outlook 2002

Outlook rules wizard replies using From field instead of Reply-To address
This is regarding Outlook 2007 and its rules wizard. We have a mail folder with hundreds of emails that were sent on behalf of people. So the "From" and "Reply-To" are different. We created a rule so that we can reply to all of these people but the rules wizard onto uses the From filed when it processes the messages instead of the Reply-To field. This behavior only happens with the rules wizard, we can go through each email, click reply, and get the Reply-To address just fine. I understand there was an article posted by Microsoft about this issue however it was in 2003. I...

Re-Enable CRM User

RE:Excel will not open from a web link

Formula or Macro needed?
Hi, I need some help desperately, for reasons which are too complicated to go into right here and now, I need a formula or a macro to produce an excel spreadsheet of 16 columns and 16 rows where each row and each column contains the numbers 1 through to 16 without the same number repeated on any row or any column - I know it may sound a little tricky :eek: but I'm hoping somebody is up for a challenge like this and can help rather quickly - I'm not interested in the number of permutations or anything daft like that - I just need a solution. Thanks to anybody who knows and can post...

Using EAN barcodes
I am using SO 2.0 SP1. I need to setup some products with EAN13 barcode format. We are contemplating to use GS1 registered barcodes. I was wondering if anybody is using EAN barcodes and if there are any "gotchas" I should look out for. I would probably use a 12-digit product number, which would be good enough for our purpose. Or is there any advantage to use a 13-digit number? I also tried to print some EAN13 labels but did not find a template that prints the item code right underneath the barcode, kind of embedded in the barcode. Is that a special template that need to be us...

I need to go back to using my RR email address in RR
I switched my Road Runner email address to Outlook 2007. I no longer receive my emails at RR. How can I switch my email delivery back to RR? Call Road Runner support -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. http://www.microsoft.com/protect "jmc112449" <jmc112449@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6FCC0D22-6056-4A2C-9BC1-135BD50E4176@microsoft.com... >I switched my Road Runner email address to Outlook 2007. I no longer receive > my emails at RR. ...

Re: exmerge error

Outlook2003 tries to configure itself for using Visio2007 after each start
Hi, I have installed MS Office 2003. Now I have updated my Visio2003 with Visio2007 from MSDNaa. Everything works fine - but I have one annoying issue: After each start of Outlook2003, a dialog appears that wants to configure Outlook for using Visio2007. After this configuration I have to reboot my computer. When I now restart Outlook, the same procedure happens again. This occurs always, when I start Outlook. Is there any possibility to shut off the integrity between Visio and Outlook? Best regards Alex ...

how do I write a formula for?
I want to add e2 thru e7 and e10 thru e14 together into a separate cell and i just can't figure how to write the formula Terry Like this =SUM(E2:E7,E10:E14) -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Terry" <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BEAB3A99-51ED-4DB7-84B6-9F4C18824CF8@microsoft.com... >I want to add e2 thru e7 and e10 thru e14 together into a separate cell >and > i just can't figure how to write the formula Gosh Thaks Nick, I am no means a master and manage ...

Transposing Formulas
Can anyone help me to transpose this decibel formula, DECIBEL = V1/V LOG20, If I know V1 and I know the decibel I need to work out V2 ... Thank -- John ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Johno's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2857 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48241 A little algebra: V2 = V1/Decibel Log20 In article <Johno.1y0bky_1131165901.4599@excelforum-nospam.com>, Johno <Johno.1y0bky_1131165901.4599@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote: > Can anyone he...

How do you create resouces to be used
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C4230B.97650910 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I was told that you can create resources (conference room) to be used = for scheduling. How is this done? Do you lose mailboxes? --=20 BART DANBY ------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C4230B.97650910 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META h...

How to use Live Messenger Web Toolkit to register domain
Hello, i downloaded Live Messenger Web Toolkit sample from here : http://messenger.mslivelabs.com/Samples.zip And i want to just test it, not put it in production. I tried to register application with one of my live application domain(http://quiz.it.msn.com/), but I get error: "Domain does not exist" can you please advice how to get rid of this error....will really appreiciate any immediate reply... ...

re re re ????
nefertiti ??? ...

Animation Using Visio & VBA
I'd like to move an icon (named shIcon) from point A to B, and I can do so by adding in a 1-second delay between moves. The way I've done it is: With shIcon dx = 0.1 * (xLoc - .Cells("pinX")) dy = 0.1 * (yLoc - .Cells("pinY")) For i = 1 To 10 dt1 = Now + 1 / 86400 ' Next 3 lines create a 1-second delay (not the best way to do it, but it works) Do Until Now >= dt1 dx = dx Loop .Cells("pinX") = .Cells("pinX") + dx .Cells("pinY") = .Cells("pinY") + dy Next i End ...

Scratch that, using a filter did not work
I wrote too soon. you can't paste multiple sectors using a filter back to sq 1 HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP You have replies at your first post. It's better to stay within the same thread. Ben wrote: > > I wrote too soon. you can't paste multiple sectors using a filter back to sq 1 > > HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP -- Dave Peterson I figured this out after I posted the 3rd note, sorry! Ben "Dave Peterson" wrote: > You have replies at your first post. > > It's better to stay within the same thread. > > Ben wrote: > > > > I wrot...