RE:Excel will not open from a web link

When opening a link on a web page that has an Excel
Spreadsheet embedded in it, the spreadsheet will not open
up Excel but opens within another browser as an Excel
file.  Programming on webpage is correct, opens up on
other machines just fine.

How do I make excel hide columns when it says cannot move objects
I select columns and try to hide them. Excel says it cannot shift objects off the sheet. I try goto objects and it says there are no objects on the sheet. I cannot hide or resize the column widths of certain columns. I cannot figure out why I can't get it to work and hide or resize the columns. Does anyone have any idea how to fix the columns so I can hide/resize the columns? It only does it on some of the columns, not all of them. I can't find any objects to delete. ...

Messages Will Not Delete
Messages will not delete in windows Live Mail and the program freezes when I am trying to delet them...I then have to restart the computer...help. "abert" <abert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA38E135-A4A9-4F8C-A2DB-E2A98D458E8B@microsoft.com... > Messages will not delete in windows Live Mail and the program freezes when > I > am trying to delet them...I then have to restart the computer...help. Have you tried dragging the stubborn message to the Delete folder? That works for me. Grenou It will not let me do that either. ...

Re-arranging table using pivot-table?

Saving files when closing Excel
Excel does not prompt for saving changes when closing a file after changes to the file have been done. Hi have you checked that there's no event macro in your file? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Jonathan Gold wrote: > Excel does not prompt for saving changes when closing a file after > changes to the file have been done. ...

can you convert an excel document to a powerpoint doc,
i have an organizational chart in excel and need to convert it to powerpoint. Is this possible. "dolphin" <dolphin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99472059-A5CE-4C59-B5CD-779DEA1A9D4F@microsoft.com... > i have an organizational chart in excel and need to convert it to > powerpoint. > Is this possible. Tried Insert-Object? ...

Generating Charts in Excel
I am trying to general a line chart that counts the number of items in a range (A23:A160), but will depend on the dates in range (C:23:C160). Basically, I want the display on which date the data in range (A23:A160) was at it's highest peak? -- TWarren ...

Re-install Outlook 2002

RE:Excel will not open from a web link

Excel 2007 Line Chart
Hello, Is it possible to configure a line chart in Excel 2007 to ignore the intervals and graph straight to the next value. For example if I have the periods: Jan with the value 1000 Feb with the value 900 March with the value 500 April with the value 0 May with the value 0 June with the value 0 I want the March value to drop directly from 500 to 0 ignoring the interval to April, I do not want a curved line it must drop directly to zero then the line is straight across to April. I have no idea if this is possible, any ideas? Thanks, Brett On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 15:40:45 -0700 (PDT), TyreDu...

Excel Headers
Can I set up more than one header / footer in excel. I don't want the header to appear on all pages, just a few select ones. And on some pages, I want different headers, or footers. Regards, JH -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com You could change the headers, print the page, change the headers, print the page, .... Ron de Bruin has some sample code that may get you started (if you want to try using a macro): http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#Header Solace wrote: > > Can I set up more than one header / footer in excel. > I don't want the ...

Excel Icon for files
I am running Windows 2000 professional on my PC and connected to a LAN. I am running the MS office 2000 Professional suite. When, I save a worksheet from Exel 2000 it does not save the file with the common Excel file Icon(green X). The file is displayed with the default Windows Flag Icon. When I double click on this default Windows Flag Icon the system tries to open the file with Word not Excel. Word and PowerPoint both save with their common Icons. The Excel program saved fine a couple of weeks ago. I have not installed any new software and our server takes care of Virus protection thro...

Re-Enable CRM User

formatting excel
I am trying to make score sheets for a dart league I play in, and I would like to find out if I can rotate the entire setup of excel so that the rows are parallel with the long side of the page. Is this possible? I think you want Copy, Paste special, Transpose. Gilles "pikeylover" <pikeylover@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E5D7479-B56D-47A9-951D-7DE9869B2A51@microsoft.com... >I am trying to make score sheets for a dart league I play in, and I would > like to find out if I can rotate the entire setup of excel so that the > rows > are parallel...

Word table to excel
Hi Guys Is it possible to copy a word table into excel. I have a folder with circa 200 files that I need to import into Excel. I have got the code to access word but am struggling to copy the tables. Cheers I found some macro in my archieves, but not sure if I ever got them fully running. You are welcomed to try them Sub Test() Set ExSht = ActiveSheet ' FName = "c:\temp\abc.doc" WordWasRunning = True On Error Resume Next Set WDApp = GetObject(, "Word.Application") If Err.Number <> 0 Then Set WDApp = CreateObject("Word.Application&...

Criteria for opening a form based on a value in another form's subform
Hello everyone, Please pardon the noob question, but I've got a form with a subform and I would like to be able to open another form with only the records that match the primary key from the first form's subform, but I am unable to figure out how to specify that value in the query. In other forms (where subforms are not invovled), I can accomplish this with something like: =[Forms]![Form_Name].[Desired_Value] Is there something different I need to be doing when attempting to get a similar value from a subform? With many thanks in advance for any advice... -- Message posted via h...

excel.exe has generated errors #2
Hello, Sorry for the cross post. I am receiving the following message: ""Excel.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows.You will need to restart the program An error log is being created."" when trying to open xls files that have been copied from another computer. Both Excel versions are the same and the file works on the source machine. I am copying it to and from a floppy which also works when opened on the source machine. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. -- Mrich -- Mrich Have you copied the file from the floppy to your hard...

Printing labels from excel #3
Can I print labels from excel? If I can is it possible to merge address I have on a word doc to excel? I have 16 pages of labels that I want to put into excel so that I can use the filter and send out to just a certain city and so on. I also want to have the addresses in excel so I can sort. Can anyone help me? They need to be in a specific layout. What is their layout now, Linda? See if this helps: http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels_into_mail_merge.htm ************ Anne Troy VBA Project Manager www.OfficeArticles.com "Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Re: exmerge error

Vlookups to Excel Version 3 files.
I use a system that on a daily basis creates an Excel version 3 file containing cost centers and their budgets. When I do vlookups from other Excel 97 files to this file it takes a long time for the sheet to calculate. If I save the Excel V3 file as Excel 97 its OK, and if the Excel V3 file is open before the 97 file its OK. I don't want to have to constantly save the V3 file as 97 (I may not be around to do that always) Does anyone know how to resolve this. Thanks Naz ...

Microsoft Money 2004 Sm Business Won't Open
I have Microsoft Money 2004 Small Business edition and have installed it a bunch of times trying to work out a problem. The program still installs but when I try to open it I get an error message that says 'Money has encountered a problem and needs to close. Sorry for the inconvienience". The program then closes. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Gaylon Try this: 1. Uninstall. 2. Reboot. 3. Delete money directory from program files. 4. Delete Money entries from the registry. 5. Reboot again. 6. Reinstall. Tod "Gaylon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.co...

Calendar in Excel #2
Can someone help me with a calendar to use in Excel that can be formatted so as to show special dates, current holidays, etc. WARNING: I need explicit instructions. This sort of stuff is not intuitive to me. Thanks, Dot Hi Dot, Why not do your calendar in Outlook. Select which style you want....day/week/month. Then go to new input important dates. Save. Print "Dot Appleman" wrote: > Can someone help me with a calendar to use in Excel that > can be formatted so as to show special dates, current > holidays, etc. WARNING: I need explicit instructions. This > sor...

Opening a PDF link inside of an arriving email on the back ground.
Hello, I do receive fax to my email. Inside of this coming email there is link to a PDF file. I would like to open that pdf link on the background and scan it and if I see certain words in that PDF file, I would like to move it special folder. -- Jeff B Paarsa You'd need a com addin to do this - simple rules won't work. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a week...