Re: Excel - MATCH, INDEX or VLOOKUP - That is the Question - URGENT

Hi,

Here asking for your help again. This place is so useful.

Heres the situation:

(Also see attachment)

If the user were to pick answers from a series of questions is i
possible to match up the answers and return the relevant result. i.
A7+B7+C7+D7+E7 = G7.

How can this be done, please.

Thanks

Andrew

:confused

              Attachment filename: multipl eg.xls
Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=55677

Perhaps the quiz template on my website can help or point you in
useful direction:

http://uk.geocities.com/duncankarran/excel-index.html

Dunca

Thanks. Thats pretty close. I shall have a play around.

Andre

Access Excel Data Export
Hi, I have following problem: I need to export data from Access into Excel worksheet using VBA in Access. How to do it? Regards Witek On Aug 8, 8:06 am, Witek <witold.szczepan...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I have following problem: I need to export data from Access into Excel > worksheet using VBA in Access. How to do it? > > Regards > Witek Will DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet work? ...

Excel 2000 under Terminal Services 2003
I am unable to drag and move page breaks in Excel page break preview under Windows 2003 Terminal Services. Any help please ...

Excel template wizard #2
Dear All Am I right in thinking that although the Excel template wizard works with Excel 2002, it does not work on a Windows XP machine - or am I doing something wrong?Thanks Belinda. It work fine on Windows XP Home/Pro but was not part of Excel after 2000. Here is some information that may help: The other response was good - the installer does not seem to work since I downloaded and tried it several times. However, getting another copy does the trick - I had a copy of Office 2000 running on another machine so there is a good probablility that any copy of the wizard will work. Got ...

Excel Builder
Hello I am trying to use Great Plains Excel builder to connect to a SQL Server Table. But when I change the security to include it in the list, it does not display any tables. I am assuming it is a security issue, but even with the SA account I don't see them. When I just select the database and choose save it gives the following error. GPS Error: 58 SQL Error: 102 Microsoft ssql native client sql server incorrect syntax near 'from'. ODBC Error: 37000 I'm guessing this is because I didn't specify a table, so the query doesn't know what to query. Can someone h...

Excel macro 04-10-10
I have a macro which contains a formula which creates a number in a cell. I want to use that result in a formula in another cell. How do I save the result from the first cell so that I can use it in a second cell. The relative locations of the two cells may vary from spreadsheet to spreadsheet but I know how to activate each cell. =A1 -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "msdrolf" <msdrolf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33395E38-13FB-430A-8F6C-3BA3FB76FBAB@microsoft.com... >I have a macro which contains a formula which creates a n...

Problem with Excel 2003 Template
I downloaded a "Membership List" from Microsoft. It's fine except that the task pane opens when I open the program. I have unchecked the task pane option in tools/options, and tools/customize, and in view. Nothing works. How can I stop the task pane from opening? Thanks, W. G. Davis I don't have 2003, but you might try to copy and paste the data from your downloaded list, over to another Excel workbook. Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "William G. Davis" wrote: > I downloaded a "Membership List" from Microsoft. It's fine except that t...

Excel 2002, Menu and Tool bars are gone.
Hi, Just had a call from a user that her Menu bar (File, Edit, View, Tools, etc...) is gone from all spreadsheets. I cannot restore them due to the menu bar being gone. How can I replace this without using safe mode? Any help is appreciated. View>toggle the Full Screen icon on/off. Does that help? -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Steven" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03da01c3cf1a$e5339c50$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Just had a call from a user that her Menu bar (File, Edit, > View, Tools, ...

"Displaying Excel Logo on Site"
Hi, I am creating a website that would like to display the "Excel" logo and I'm not sure as to the specs, rules, blah blah blah... I have visited MS.com feedback areas but none of these seem to direct me to a "YES" or "NO" answer. Does anyone know where I can get verification for this? Odd question huh! You folks are so used to the usual volley of formulas and linking this to that I figured I throw a curve ball at ya'. I seem to recall from my old "FrontPage" users manual (which I can't find!) that it was perfectly acceptable to ...

controling excel from vba access and using sub procedures
Hi All, I'm having trouble getting my code to work using sub procedures in my vba code, this only happens when i am interacting with excel. I've tried to copy all the dims and defs from the calling procedure but to no avail at this time. sample code below. Dim strPath As String Dim rst As DAO.Recordset Dim Excel_Application As Excel.Application Dim Excel_Workbook As Excel.Workbook Dim Current_Worksheet As Excel.Worksheet Dim Data_Range Dim Worksheet_Name Dim db As Database Dim rs As Recordset D_now = Format(Date, "dd-mm-yy") ' Formated to use as part of fi...

Printing Excel Worksheet
I have made a summary that runs to 10 columns and a number of lines. The area I want to print out - and have switched my printer to landscape already - is A1 to K35. I'm struggling in setting the area for that printing and don't seem to be able to get beyond a single cell - or so it keeps telling me. Some help would be appreciated. Amos Hi Amos select cells A1:H35>File>Print Area>Set Print Area -- Regards Roger Govier "Amos Keeto" <AmosKeeto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45A769DC-D4DA-422D-8C0E-CB52FD37801C@microsoft.com... > ...

excel 2003
I've got a problem with excel 2003. When I select some sheets to print them in 1 print job, it splits the printjob to 2 seperate printjobs. This normaly is not a problem, but since I want to print to pdf, pdf-printer will regerate 2 files. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? I searched the internet allready, but I only found 1 solution. This is to set quality all to the same option, eg. all to 600 dpi. This solution only work for excel 97, but I tryed it anyway. Did not work :-( Some ideas? Maybe you can provide more details. I created a workbook with 4 worksheets. I select...

Excel Query #2
I got a stored procedure with 1 parameter and I want to call this stored procedure inside an Excel Query , I tried ..dbo.MySP ? It return with error message "Parameters are not allowed in queries that can't be displayed graphically" The purpose for this approach - This would allow me to anchor my parameter to certain cells on the spreadsheet. My report users could then change the values in those cells and click a button to refresh the query data. Thanks Mike ...

Is there an add-in or a utility for Excel Packaging?
Hi, I heard that there is an Office package that includes "developer tools" to create executable win applications from standard office packs (Access, Word, Excel, Powerpoint). I wonder if there is an add-in or a utility for Excel only... TIA --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. (Giden posta vir�ss�z olarak belgelendi.) Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.709 / Virus Database: 465 - Release Date: 22.06.2004 No, that is not true. You can not make an executable from/with Office applications. To make compiled exe files you need a programm...

Export Query to Excel in VB
Below is a code that works and what I like to do is every time I run the command the data will be created in a new worksheet? If yes, what will the code look like? This code is executed from a form. This query will run every month and will only collect data from the current month. Private Sub Command88_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Command88_Click Dim SavePath As String Dim strExport As String SavePath = "C:\MyFolder\MyFilename.xls" strExport = "MasterQry" DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9, strExport, SavePa...

make an excel worksheet (sheet 2) open w/ the cursor located in t.
I have an excel worksheet with three sheets. Sheets 2 and 3 are locked so that entries can be made in only certain cells. Sheet 3 is linked to sheet 2 so that when an entry is made on sheet 2, the entry appears on sheet 3 in the corresponding cell. I would like sheet 3 to open in the cell the last entry was made (which is the corresponding cell on sheet 2 because sheet 3 is completly locked except for the link to sheet 2) Is there a simple way to perform this task? ...

Mailbox Manager Question
Dear all, Does anyone know how to set Recipient policy to just effect certain selected users. I try to set up a policy to delete inbox of certain personnel on a periodic basic but what I get is the policy applies to all mailbox. I am using Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 server, all with latest patches. Please help. Thanks. Regards, Kueh. Hi Kueh, You can do this by setting a common value for an attribute on each of these users (in ADUC). You could use Extension Attribute1/Custom Attribute 1, and the value might be mailboxManager. Then when creating your mailbox manager policy,...

Excel cahrt do not want plotting of empty cells
Hi, I have a chart I am trying to create, however, i not want to plot the empty ranges. I have used the NA() option in my formulas so that it does not get plotetd on my graphs but it is not working. How can I fix this error? Hi, What exactly does 'not working' mean? What type of chart? The use of NA() in a line chart will only suppress the displaying of a data marker. The line will be interpolated between real data points. http://www.andypope.info/charts/brokenlines.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info <roniaelm@hotmail.com> wrote...

how do I export an excel graph in the 2000 version?
Depends what "export" means. You can copy and paste a chart from Excel to most programs. Generally a Paste Special works best when you just want a picture of the chart in say a Word or PPT document. If you want the chart in its own file, paste to a graphics program and do a Save As And then there are macro solutions. Hope this helps; come back will more details if not -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1BE3E55A-1A62-4437-809E-99744CB6A96A@microsoft.com... > ...

Match / Index off two "keys"
I need a way to find a value (could be text) in column C based on th values in column A and column B. Entries in A and entires in B are no unique by themselves; however, by "keying" off columns A and B together only one entry in column C results. Example: A-----B----- D-----X-----Test1 D-----Y-----Test2 F-----Y-----Test3 I've tried various index and match combinations, but haven't figured i out yet. Any ideas? Thanks, J -- carlyma ----------------------------------------------------------------------- carlyman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=...

Serialization Question #3
MFC provides CArchive in support of serialization. We can save and open an object in a persistent way. Here is my furthur question: How to derive a class from CArchive and let it remember the current caret position and clipboard objects such that we get the same environment when we open the object next time. You don't derive from CArchive for this. You would derive a different class, such as CSmartEdit, from a CEdit, that would serialize the edit control and also the GetPos() values. That has nothing to do with CArchive. And it would be a Really Bad Idea to modify the clipboard withou...

IFS File Type Question
We have Exchange Server 2003 installed on a Windows 2003 Server Enterprise Edition. Originally, the Information Store was located on the C: drive. We then installed a sepearate drive to house the Information Store and the log files are still written to the C: drive. In the c:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA directory, there are several files that are 256K each dating back to 11/2003 with a file extension of .IFS. There are also several of these files dating back to 4/2004 in the L:\exchsrvr\mdbdata\Employee Mailboxes folder on the L: drive where our information store is located. Can...

Label Question
I have a report that is grouped by lawsuit type. Example Civil, Class Action. In the lawsuit_type footer I have a count that counts each group. The current label is Lawsuit Type Count. Is there a way so myb label can say Civil Count and then for the section with Class Action say Class Action count? I am not sure of the syntax. Any help or suggestions is appreciated. Change the label to a text box and set the control source to something like: =[LawsuitType] & " Count" -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "scott04" wrote: > I have a report that is groupe...

question....Can a query retrieve data from a streaming java table?
I have been told it cant but would like to make sure by asking a few more technically minded people.............. If it can would someone like to let me know how to go about capturing some data? thanks ....... ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Vlookup Problem #6
Good afternoon everyone, Using Windows & Excel XP I'm having a problem with the =VLOOKUP function. In the help section it says that it searches for a value in the leftmost column of a table. What I want it to is to search the first two column of a table. For example I have a worksheet called "winners" that looks like this, A B C ------------------------------- 1 0 0 Nothing 2 0 1 $3 3 1 1 $4 4 2 0 Nothing 5 2 1 $7 on...

Missing Menu Bar
I have a situation where the menu bar has disappeared. I closed and re-opened Excel, checked to see if the menu bar has been hidden but with no luck. Is there some kind of refresh process that can be tried to re-activate the menu bar? I could not find anything in Excel help. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Ian Hi Ian! With a workbook open, use ALT+F11 [Gets you to the Visual Basic Editor (VBE)] View > Immediate window Copy/paste or type the code line below into the Immediate window and then press ENTER Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Enable...