ratio formatting

In an older version of Excel (and I can't remember which one) I was able to
do a numerical format for ratios x:xx.  I don't remember what I did and no
longer have the workbook/sheets that contained the formatting.  I am
currently using Office XP and Office:Mac 2003 -- I cannot figure out how to
format for ratios -- I don't want to use fractions (for esthetics) as my
display.

Any clues?
0
uteowl (1)

maybe you used a formula in a helper cell?

=substitute(text(a1/b1,"??/??"),"/",":")

--

Dave Peterson
0