random numbers, how can you utilize it without repeating them

How can you use random numbers without repeating them on a worksheet? The way
it is set up now is, example:  =RANDBETWEEN(1,8)
I would like to be able to use the random between but I don't want the
numbers to repeat themselves within the worksheet. Any suggestions or Ideas?
0
RS (41)

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/randint.html

--
Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"RS" <RS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can you use random numbers without repeating them on a worksheet? The
> way
> it is set up now is, example:  =RANDBETWEEN(1,8)
> I would like to be able to use the random between but I don't want the
> numbers to repeat themselves within the worksheet. Any suggestions or
> Ideas?

0
terre081 (3244)

Random
How to get random numbers random(0xff) ? int RandomNumber = (rand() * 0xff) / RAND_MAX; -- Bjarne Nielsen "]GHO[" <yousefk@taux01.nsc.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:0b6a01c3a84c$5733a890$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How to get random numbers random(0xff) ? rnd()%0x100; or rnd() & 0xff; Ruben On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 04:07:13 -0800, "]GHO[" <yousefk@taux01.nsc.com> wrote: >How to get random numbers random(0xff) ? ...

how would you calculate the number of hits to your website
Hi ,' can some one tell to me the answer of this question On a website, how would you calculate the number of hits to your website ...

I can't find my hidden emails
How do I retrieve my hidden email folder. I have windows mail using vista version. To see your storage location, Open Windows Mail, go to Tools - Options - Advanced - Maintenance - Store Folder It's normally C:\Users\<yourlogin>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Mail \Appdata is normally hidden Email messages are stored as individual .eml files. -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "Hatsoff" <Hatsoff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2301FECC-9C1B-4051-BECC-E59087654D5E@microsoft.com.....

Largest number in range
I am looking for a formula that will select the largest number in a range and make that number "bold." Is there a formula that will do this? Thanks in advance for any help. RBG Not a formula (formulas return values--they don't change formatting). But you could use Format|conditional formatting. If your range is B3:G9, then select that range and with B3 the activecell, then click on Format|conditional formatting Then Condition 1: Formula is and use this as the formula: =B3=MAX($B$3:$G$9) Excel will adjust the formula for all the cells in the selected area. (Don't...

Running Eseutil on a computer without Exchange Server
This weekend I will be running Eseutil on a computer without Exchange Server (my production Exchange Server2003 does not have enough disk space to defrag the priv.edb), my question is; my priv.edb is 12gig and I also have priv with html extension that is 7gig, do I copy both of them to a temp folder to do the defrag, or just the one with edb extension? or can I copy all the contents of the MDBDATA to temp folder so that Eseutil will find everything it needs, Thanks for help On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 11:32:38 -0800, "mark olczyk" <molczyk@yahoo.com> wrote: >This weekend ...

Random Numbers not Random
When I create random numbers for an application with the following code, they do not appear to be truely random. Me.RandomNumber = Int(9 * Rnd + 1) ' Random Number 1-9 If I have two users setting side by side, they frequently get the same results when they start up Am I missing somthing? Any help would be appreciated -- Frank Wagner fwagner111@aol.com Frank, Have you tried a Randomize statement just before the RND? That should do it. -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html "Find a job tha...

How can I create a custom paper size for Publisher?
I am trying to print onto a notecard that is not any of the sizes in the drop-down box in page setup. So, I assume I need to create a new paper to add to that box. How can I do that? Setup your printer. If your printer can handle small size stock, once you input the size into the printer dialog, click custom on the page setup, the page setup should reflect the measurements from your printer. Most printers have the capability to save custom paper sizes. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "KDavidson" <KDavi...

Resequence figure numbers
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Using automated figure numbers in captions - have deleted a few, and the remaining ones do not automatically renumber. <br><br>How do I force the figure numbers to resequence? In Word 2007 on a Windows computer, it's just the F9 key. What works for Word 2008 on the Mac? Actually, it's F9 in Mac Word as well � or at least it *was* until Apple decided to expropriate that keystroke for Expose :-) You have several options available to you: 1- In System Preferences> Expose & Spaces...

Add numbers accross columns after stripping away text
I have the following data in a spreadsheet: A1 B1 C1 D1 E1 F1 4.5f 6f 3.5f 3f 7.25f I need to be able to add the numbers together to give me 24.25, i.e. strip the fs away. The numbers will always be less than 10 and the there will only ever be .25 or.5 or .75 after the number (I don't know whether that is significant?). If anyone can show me how to do this I would be very grateful. I have been messing around with MID and FIND to no avail and then started thinking that SUMPRODUCT might have to get involved but it all got a bit m...

Numbers matchup
I have a column of Account numbers in one worksheet. In another worksheet i have a column with account numbers and a column with SSN. I need a formula that will take the account number in the first worksheet and find it's match in the second worksheet and plug in the SSN on that same row as the Account number. Is this possible and how would be the best way to do this TIA Paul Have a look in HELP index for VLOOKUP -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Paul McGuire" <pmcguire@nottelling.com> wrote in message news:%2393selkAFHA.2932@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl....

Can I derive a class from CRectTracker?
Hi, I would like to create a class that is similar to CRectTracker, but has more functiionality. For example, in Corel Photopaint, the object tool provides several modes. When you click an object the first time you get the normal resizing handles. If you click again, the handles change to diagonal arrows and you can drag one corner of the object, which creates a warping effect. Anyway, I looked at the CRectTracker definition in afxext.h and noticed that the Draw function is declared as void (rather than virtual void). What I would like to do is copy the code from the CRectTracker::Draw() f...

Exchange server randomly asking random users to Authenticate randomly...
Has anyone had a problem like this where a user is in their Exchange mailbox using Outlook 2003 and the server prompts them for their credentials? If they hit cancel and exit out of Outlook and run it again it lets them into their mailbox. Thank you, Benjamin Pls make sure the outlook 2003 Client does not using Cache mode If is ,pls clearn this option -- Jammy "Benjamin Chan" <bchan[pleasenospam]@controlproductsinc.com> ���g��l��s�D :#BxdizrtEHA.3972@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Has anyone had a problem like this where a user is in their Exchange mailbox > using Outlo...

How can I edit cell contents with a macro in Excel? #2
I'm trying to creat an Excel macro that edits cell data, remembering the edits, not just the resulting value or formula. If, for example, I want to delete all but the last three characters of a cell value, and I record a macro, editing the cell produces a line like: ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "745". But I don't want the specific value. I want the process. I'm essentially asking for RIGHT(R1C1,3), but I can't use that formula in the macro because it would be a circular reference. What am I missing? If you use the Value property you can just replace the old v...

unable to insert page numbers
my ms word 7 (enterprise package) has ceased to allow my to insert page numbers. Everythng else is working fine. I click "insert", that's ok; I click "page numbers" , that's ok; then I click "top of page" or "bottom, etc." and this is where my word 7 fails because no further option choice appear (though they had before). The only option to appear is "save selection as page number" and this is "grayed out" unless of course I have some current text selected. this is the same problem whether I attempt to insert ...

Can you create a table within Notes?
Is it possible to created a bordered table within the Notes pane? I am using PowerPoint 2007 on Windows XP. No. You can add tables to the notes page, but not to the notes pane. The tables on the notes page do not show up in the notes pane, since this is not the notes placeholder shape. Bill Dilworth "Nina" <Nina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C634DCE1-7E77-47D6-8571-C84D1DCB55C3@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to created a bordered table within the Notes pane? > I am using PowerPoint 2007 on Windows XP. > ...

Macro to number blank cells
In one row I have: A B C D E F G Cust# Address 1 Address 2 Address3 Address 4 Address5 Address6 I have a macro that inserts 6 rows below each name, how could I copy information in columns B-G to the 6 cells below cust #, Thanks in advance for your help Fernando Can it be this simple? I'm not positive that I understand what you're asking. But try this. You have blank rows below each record. Select the columns B through G, beginning with the first BLANK row and down all rows. Hit Ed...

Generating Correlated Random Values in Excel
Hi Mike, Thanks so much for your advice. I think that I have it figured out, but can you confirm this for me? I can't afford to screw this up. If mean(inflation) = .031 stdev(inflation) = .047 mean(stock return) = .106 stdev(stock return) = .204 Column Headers: A B C D 1 Z1 Z2 Inflation Stock Return Data Generation Formulas A2 =NORMINV(RAND(),0,1) B2 =NORMINV(RAND(),0,1) C2 =0.031+0.047*A2 D2 =0.106+0.204*(A2*rho+B2*(1-rho^2)^0.5) Are these formulas correct to generate the random data? Particularly cell D2. Does this give me a complete value that t...

Can not send email 06-05-10
I am unable to send emails, but can receive them. I get the following error. Your advice to another person with this error was to reinstall antivirus. I am using the same antivirus I have used for the past year. Never interfered with my email before. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'Office Depot Computer Desk - $20 (UIUC)', Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'smtp.live.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 587, Secure(SSL): Yes, ...

Can External Data(MsAccess) fill List Box?
Is this possible to create and can some one point me in the right direction to get started? Hi Matt one idea: - import your MS Access data with 'Data - Import external data - Import' on a separate sheet (can be hidden later on) - Create a defined name for this data source - use data validation (in combination with the defined name) to create a listbox HTh Frank Matt wrote: > Is this possible to create and can some one point me in the right > direction to get started? ...

converting "text" numbers to numbers
I have been using the technique of multiplying cells that have number entries that behave like text entries by the value of 1 to convert them to numbers. However, some mixed cell entries, convert strangely. For example the entry "6 A" (without the quotes) becomes 0.25 when multiplied by 1. Any explanation? Any ideas on how to solve other than checking cell by cell to confirm all characters are numbers? Confused! Frustated! <grin>. Bob Just figured out the "why". An entry like 6 A is converted to 6AM. Its numerical value is 0.25. Still hoping for a ...

How Can I find and replace symbols in excel data ( white square)
I need any input or help Hi try: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/join.htm#trimall -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany alawhizkid wrote: > I need any input or help ...

Addition problem, number always 2 cents off...Help
I have a little problem with my SUMs I have 200 to 300 rows of A * B = C Then I tell it to do a =sum(d1:d300) All the cells are formated to currency, two decimal places. when I add up the numbers with an adding machine I'm always 2 - 22 cents off. (2 cents on this sheet, 22 cents on another sheet....) Can anyone help Thank you WTG The issue is very likely to be rounding - that the product of each multiplication has fractional cents that Excel considers in the SUM() function, even though you don't see them fractional cents on screen You can either modify your multiplication f...

Sorting imported "numbers"
I've imported a long list of "numbers" from a server. Now in my excel table I can not sort them. I've tried multiplying the col. by "1" from paste special, Add from a free cell and paste special, using a macro form the converting text to number page, using trim and clean function, copy and paste as value, using the text to columns command, all to no avail. The "numbers" still stay left justified and sort by first number, i.e. 113 before 21 etc. There are 1500 entries and I do no think the table woudl be of much use after i tried to re-type in all t...

Auto Numbering
I want to be able to increase my ID field for each new record I enter, but I don't want to use an autonumber field in my table. I have used the following: ID = Nz(DMax("[id]", "tblNames")) + 1 and put it in the On Current property of the form. The problem is that when the last field is completed and the user presses Enter, the new record automatically puts in the new ID number. What I want to do is for the form to put in the next ID number but only when the 2nd field has data entered in it. Thanks Nigel, Place your code into the AfterUpdate event of the second ...

How change default country/region in address book from US to Can?
Every time I put in a new contact MS automatically puts in US. I want to change that to Canada. Is it possible? Outlook uses the settings you specified for your operating system. -- Russ Valentine "Address country region field" <Address country region field@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BEA9B068-908F-4BF6-BFE0-EF8A86965218@microsoft.com... > Every time I put in a new contact MS automatically puts in US. I want to > change that to Canada. Is it possible? Control panel, regional settings... did you set US as the location? -- Diane ...