Random Number Generator #2

I need to create a random number generator in Excel 2000 to fill one column
and about 3000 rows.  How do I go about doing this?
0
binder (2)

To generate a random whole number between 1 and 3000, you can use

=int(rand()*(3000-1)+1)

--
BenjieLo

BenjieLop's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1101
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26941

And if you need unique random numbers, J.E. McGimpsey has a userdefined function
that you could put in your range.

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/randint.html

binder wrote:

> I need to create a random number generator in Excel 2000 to fill one column
> and about 3000 rows.  How do I go about doing this?

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

http://www.zrandom.co

--
Obb
Obbi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1543

unable to read file #2
For some reason all of a sudden I am trying to open a Workbook and I am getting an "unable to read file". This is a workbook that I have opened before. It is a workbook that I "Save AS" and change the name with new data on a weekly basis so I have data for every week since april. I can open every week but for some reason can not open this one. Any suggestions as to what I can do? thanks Try 'www.fdrlab.com' (http://www.fdrlab.com/repair.html) They can recover corrupt workbooks with all contained information including comments, VBA, charts, links etc. 35$ ...

Debugging #2
Are there any tips on using the debugger more effectively? One thing I'd like to be able to do is to see the return of a function without having to create a temporary variable for storage. I haven't seen a way to do that in VC++ 6 for example. break point return DoSomething(); I have to make a temporary. Is it posssible to somehow see that expression? Also, I know how to set break points and view the stack. Is it possible to also see when a variable is accessed like to say "break when this memory is accessed"? Like a watch??(?) Curtis wrote: > Are there any tip...

Random
How to get random numbers random(0xff) ? int RandomNumber = (rand() * 0xff) / RAND_MAX; -- Bjarne Nielsen "]GHO[" <yousefk@taux01.nsc.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:0b6a01c3a84c$5733a890$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How to get random numbers random(0xff) ? rnd()%0x100; or rnd() & 0xff; Ruben On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 04:07:13 -0800, "]GHO[" <yousefk@taux01.nsc.com> wrote: >How to get random numbers random(0xff) ? ...

how would you calculate the number of hits to your website
Hi ,' can some one tell to me the answer of this question On a website, how would you calculate the number of hits to your website ...

Largest number in range
I am looking for a formula that will select the largest number in a range and make that number "bold." Is there a formula that will do this? Thanks in advance for any help. RBG Not a formula (formulas return values--they don't change formatting). But you could use Format|conditional formatting. If your range is B3:G9, then select that range and with B3 the activecell, then click on Format|conditional formatting Then Condition 1: Formula is and use this as the formula: =B3=MAX($B$3:$G$9) Excel will adjust the formula for all the cells in the selected area. (Don't...

Junk Senders List #2
Does anyone know how to export the "Junk Senders List" in the rules wizard? I have tons of e-mail addresses I dont' want to receive e- mail from, but I want to take this list to another computer. Thanks. Ty Someone already answered this for me - please disregard. Thanks. Ty >-----Original Message----- >Does anyone know how to export the "Junk Senders List" in >the rules wizard? > >I have tons of e-mail addresses I dont' want to receive e- >mail from, but I want to take this list to another >computer. > >Thanks. > >Ty &g...

Random Numbers not Random
When I create random numbers for an application with the following code, they do not appear to be truely random. Me.RandomNumber = Int(9 * Rnd + 1) ' Random Number 1-9 If I have two users setting side by side, they frequently get the same results when they start up Am I missing somthing? Any help would be appreciated -- Frank Wagner fwagner111@aol.com Frank, Have you tried a Randomize statement just before the RND? That should do it. -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html "Find a job tha...

Visual Basic Error #2
Hi, When I try to copy and paste some data from one worksheet into a ne worksheet I get a couple errors. In the first one the title bar say "Microsoft Visual Basic" and the error is "File not found". If I clic ok, I get another error: "Microsoft Excel cannot paste the data". Th information pastes alright though. This is in Excel 97 running on Windows XP. I've tried reinstallin office to no avail. The same info can be copied and pasted on anothe machine just fine -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This is a guess. It sounds like there&#...

Resequence figure numbers
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Using automated figure numbers in captions - have deleted a few, and the remaining ones do not automatically renumber. <br><br>How do I force the figure numbers to resequence? In Word 2007 on a Windows computer, it's just the F9 key. What works for Word 2008 on the Mac? Actually, it's F9 in Mac Word as well � or at least it *was* until Apple decided to expropriate that keystroke for Expose :-) You have several options available to you: 1- In System Preferences> Expose & Spaces...

No Access to Public Folder #2
Hello, I have a problem with my Exchange 2000, as I just tried to open the Public Folder in the System Manager I got this message: The object is no longer available Press F5 to try again ID No 800040e19 Exchange System Manager I also cannot connect to the mailboxes with Outlook Wb Access What can I do? ...

Printing Catalog #2
I have made a booklet using Publisher Catalog template. When I print out the pages I am fine, except that I have a blank page in the middle. My project is 28 pages and I have a blank page between pages 14 & 15. Please help ASAP grammy wrote: > I have made a booklet using Publisher Catalog template. When I print out the > pages I am fine, except that I have a blank page in the middle. My project > is 28 pages and I have a blank page between pages 14 & 15. > > Please help ASAP Sounds like you've made a 27-page catalogue, and forgotten to add an extra blank...

backup #2
I've saved my old email folders to a CD for backup. When i try to retreive the files in Outlook Express I can't find the files. Can somebody tell me how to get my backed up files? ...

Highlighting Cells #2
In columns A:F, the sheet is text. I would like to highlight a row in a color, (Say A5:F:5) when an "A" is typed into F:5 Can this be done? -- comotoman ------------------------------------------------------------------------ comotoman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27292 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=470747 Your question is confusing so I don't quite understand what you want to do. It sounds like you want conditional formatting. Here is what I think you want to do. If not please be ...

Add numbers accross columns after stripping away text
I have the following data in a spreadsheet: A1 B1 C1 D1 E1 F1 4.5f 6f 3.5f 3f 7.25f I need to be able to add the numbers together to give me 24.25, i.e. strip the fs away. The numbers will always be less than 10 and the there will only ever be .25 or.5 or .75 after the number (I don't know whether that is significant?). If anyone can show me how to do this I would be very grateful. I have been messing around with MID and FIND to no avail and then started thinking that SUMPRODUCT might have to get involved but it all got a bit m...

Numbers matchup
I have a column of Account numbers in one worksheet. In another worksheet i have a column with account numbers and a column with SSN. I need a formula that will take the account number in the first worksheet and find it's match in the second worksheet and plug in the SSN on that same row as the Account number. Is this possible and how would be the best way to do this TIA Paul Have a look in HELP index for VLOOKUP -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Paul McGuire" <pmcguire@nottelling.com> wrote in message news:%2393selkAFHA.2932@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl....

Exchange server randomly asking random users to Authenticate randomly...
Has anyone had a problem like this where a user is in their Exchange mailbox using Outlook 2003 and the server prompts them for their credentials? If they hit cancel and exit out of Outlook and run it again it lets them into their mailbox. Thank you, Benjamin Pls make sure the outlook 2003 Client does not using Cache mode If is ,pls clearn this option -- Jammy "Benjamin Chan" <bchan[pleasenospam]@controlproductsinc.com> ���g��l��s�D :#BxdizrtEHA.3972@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Has anyone had a problem like this where a user is in their Exchange mailbox > using Outlo...

How can I edit cell contents with a macro in Excel? #2
I'm trying to creat an Excel macro that edits cell data, remembering the edits, not just the resulting value or formula. If, for example, I want to delete all but the last three characters of a cell value, and I record a macro, editing the cell produces a line like: ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "745". But I don't want the specific value. I want the process. I'm essentially asking for RIGHT(R1C1,3), but I can't use that formula in the macro because it would be a circular reference. What am I missing? If you use the Value property you can just replace the old v...

excel.exe has generated errors and will close down. Restart progr.
I have been trying to run the Tracking Changes function in excel. I then used the pop up box, select which changes should be highlighted. When I say ok, I get the following error message: Excel.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created. ...

unable to insert page numbers
my ms word 7 (enterprise package) has ceased to allow my to insert page numbers. Everythng else is working fine. I click "insert", that's ok; I click "page numbers" , that's ok; then I click "top of page" or "bottom, etc." and this is where my word 7 fails because no further option choice appear (though they had before). The only option to appear is "save selection as page number" and this is "grayed out" unless of course I have some current text selected. this is the same problem whether I attempt to insert ...

Generating Correlated Random Values in Excel
Hi Mike, Thanks so much for your advice. I think that I have it figured out, but can you confirm this for me? I can't afford to screw this up. If mean(inflation) = .031 stdev(inflation) = .047 mean(stock return) = .106 stdev(stock return) = .204 Column Headers: A B C D 1 Z1 Z2 Inflation Stock Return Data Generation Formulas A2 =NORMINV(RAND(),0,1) B2 =NORMINV(RAND(),0,1) C2 =0.031+0.047*A2 D2 =0.106+0.204*(A2*rho+B2*(1-rho^2)^0.5) Are these formulas correct to generate the random data? Particularly cell D2. Does this give me a complete value that t...

What is new in CRM 2.0
Does anyone know which new modules(objects) will be added to the new release? There is a lot of speculation Michael. Things mentioned have been more customization possiblities, ability to add new objects, activity display customization and perhaps a marketing module. Keep in mind that all information is speculative until Microsoft announces the product. "Michael Katsev" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1398c01c4440c$30c48ba0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know which new modules(objects) will be added > to the new release? not to menti...

Macro to number blank cells
In one row I have: A B C D E F G Cust# Address 1 Address 2 Address3 Address 4 Address5 Address6 I have a macro that inserts 6 rows below each name, how could I copy information in columns B-G to the 6 cells below cust #, Thanks in advance for your help Fernando Can it be this simple? I'm not positive that I understand what you're asking. But try this. You have blank rows below each record. Select the columns B through G, beginning with the first BLANK row and down all rows. Hit Ed...

voice email #2
Is it possible to send a voice email in outlook 2007? I am not on an exchange server or whatsoever. I only wish to send voice recording to my friends via email. You can send a recording as an attachment. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM You can access this newsgroup by visiting ht...

converting "text" numbers to numbers
I have been using the technique of multiplying cells that have number entries that behave like text entries by the value of 1 to convert them to numbers. However, some mixed cell entries, convert strangely. For example the entry "6 A" (without the quotes) becomes 0.25 when multiplied by 1. Any explanation? Any ideas on how to solve other than checking cell by cell to confirm all characters are numbers? Confused! Frustated! <grin>. Bob Just figured out the "why". An entry like 6 A is converted to 6AM. Its numerical value is 0.25. Still hoping for a ...

Addition problem, number always 2 cents off...Help
I have a little problem with my SUMs I have 200 to 300 rows of A * B = C Then I tell it to do a =sum(d1:d300) All the cells are formated to currency, two decimal places. when I add up the numbers with an adding machine I'm always 2 - 22 cents off. (2 cents on this sheet, 22 cents on another sheet....) Can anyone help Thank you WTG The issue is very likely to be rounding - that the product of each multiplication has fractional cents that Excel considers in the SUM() function, even though you don't see them fractional cents on screen You can either modify your multiplication f...