Radio Button

I have a form someone created in Excel and somehow three
buttons are linked together so that if I click on one, it
selects the one I click on and clears one selected
before.  Is there a way to have it clear the button that
was selected if I click on the same button again.  As it
is, I cannot clear all the buttons once a button is
selected.
0
anonymous (74719)

Hi

This is what radiobuttons (option buttons) are for. Either Male or Female,
no None or Both or Not sure yet or Refuse to answer. For independent choices
(Vegetarian, Blonde, Plays guitar, ... ) use checkboxes.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"DebbieF" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding
> I have a form someone created in Excel and somehow three
> buttons are linked together so that if I click on one, it
> selects the one I click on and clears one selected
> before.  Is there a way to have it clear the button that
> was selected if I click on the same button again.  As it
> is, I cannot clear all the buttons once a button is
> selected.

0
innocent (844)
9/7/2004 11:28:35 PM
Thanks for the response Harald.  I thought about
checkboxes.  Is there a way to group the checkboxes so
that only one in the group can be checked?  In other
words, if you check one and then another, it clears the
previous one you checked.

0
anonymous (74719)

Update a value in the table upon clicking a button
Hi All, I am fairly new to Access and is having a hard time achieving the things below: I have two Tables: Daily Log Volunteer List 1 form that logs user service times. Upon clicking a button in the form I need the following to happen: 1) look in the "Daily Log" Table for [Volunteers] that have log a row with [Date] within the last 6 months Note: The Volunteer Column is only a look up, so the data in there is actually equivalent to Volunteer_ID in the Volunteer List. Which means it is simply numeric. 2) go to the "Volunteer List" Table and upd...

Where's the SEND button?
I am trying to scan a picture and send it. Everytime I get to the e-mailing page, there is no "send" button. How do I send it? If you are using the HP Scanjet 4300C the email button is right on the front control panel. But I think you're in the wrong group. This is one of the MS Excel news groups. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 13:13:02 -0800, "AlishaGruszie" <AlishaGruszie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to scan a picture and send it. Everytime I get to the e-mailing >page, there is no "send" button. How do I send...

handler for dynamically created button
Hello, I have created dialogs dynamically through the use of structures DLGTEMPLATE and DLGITEMTEMPLATE. It is solved by my class CDlgTemplate. On this dialog I have button with known ID, let's say IDC_BUTTON_EXIT. In class CDlgTemplate I have method declaration: afx_msg void OnMyButtonClick(); and these macros BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP(CDlgTemplate, CDialog) ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_BUTTON_EXIT, OnMyButtonClick) END_MESSAGE_MAP() But this solution doesn't work, method OnMyButtonClick is not called when I click on the button. Do you have any idea where it can be fault? Or do you know any...

REPLY button in Outlook 2003
Just started using Outlook after using Outlook Express for eons. Is there no REPLY button to respond to email messages? If so, where? I'm lost! Try resetting the toolbar - Tools, Customize. if that doesn't work, we need to know your version of outlook - if it's Outlook 2003, try making a new profile. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Search for answers: h...

Radio Button Value
I have minimal knowledge on radio buttons. I am designing a QA table and form to be used to grade reports at work using 1 - 5. I want the Supervisors to grade each question by choosing a radio button 1 - 5. I will add the numbers up in a report for viewing. My question is how can I calculate the total without using an IF statement to see which button was chosen? Thanks, Les On the form, create an Option Group for each question, and assign the values 1-5 for each label. Then you can just add up the values via the Option Groups and not use any if statements. I'm no...

Create a toolbar button to automatically address an e-mail message
Hi, I have tried using MS Outlook help to create a button which automatically addresses a mail message. I cannot for the life of me succeed at this because the Help on outlook is so poor. Has anyone done this or knows how to do this?? All I am trying to do is create an "email template" that will automatically cc a colleague as they need to be cc on nearly all of my emails. So if there is an easier way to do this, that would obviously be better. Many thanks M ...

Track in CRM button in fat outlook client
In CRM 3.0 when you track an Email in CRM the only way to then open it in CRM is to expand open the email first and then click the View in CRM button (Unless you already have a "regarding" link setup which allows you to go straight to that. It's a small annoyance but is there anyway to add the "View in CRM" button to the main fat outlook client toolbar? Then when you select track you can then select view without having to open the email first everytime. Again small annoyance but I'm suprised the developers didn't pick up on it. Cheers Gregg ...

How to delete the close button on a MDI window title bar.
How can I delete the close button on all MDI windows in an MDI app but still keep the Minimize/Maximize buttons? Also how can I add a custom ICON to the center of the title bar? Thanks in advance... ...

Regrouping radio buttons
Hi, Can anyone explain to me how to go about re-grouping radio buttons in Visual C++ v6.0. I have inherited an application which consists of a dialog with about 15 radio buttons in a group. The original grouping box was at some point in the distant past deleted. I've put a grouping box back onto the dialog and added some new buttons. When compiled, these buttons act as an independent group to the original buttons. I assume this is because the original radios are not part of the new grouping box. How do I go about merging them all so we have a single radio group? Apologies if this is b...

Radio button #2
I have two radio buttons on a dialog and i want to have one of them triggered depending on a value passed in from its parent dialog. In effect i want to have the radio button state persistent, so that when i close the dialog and open it up again it remembers what its previous state was I thought about passing a message to the parent dialog when the child dialog is closed(telling it which radio button has been checked) and then passing this value back to the child dialog when opening it from the parent dialog. My problem is that i was going to do it through the constructor(pass state variable...

SFO CRM form buttons
Hello all, I've got a client that is experencing a strange problem. The CRM bottons on the top toolbar now display Exchange forms; not CRM forms. I installed a new SFO client and the new install had the same problem. Any ideas? Thanks, Caleb This sort of odd-ball loss of functionality can be caused by the forms cache becoming corrupted or the crmaddin.dll file becoming corrupted. A trick to fix this is to clear the cache for each of the forms. This may not have been done fully by reinstalling. Clearing the cache is done in Outlook by choosing Tools > Options > Other (ta...

Missing send button #4
I am missing the send button on Microsoft 2000 and it is not listed in the customize, standard listing or anywhere else. Where did it go???? ...

Radio Buttons
I am creating a questionnaire, where there are yes and no questions that have radio buttons next to each answer. I have two questions. 1. Currently I have six questions with 6 yes and no questions. When I click on yes in the first question the radio button lights up. But when I answer the question in question 2, the first radio button goes away. I think I am going to need to group the two radio buttons together so that it does not affect other questions. How do you do that? 2. I want a numbering system so that if they answer yes, it gives a number value, and if they an...

AUTO_OPEN MSGBOX with button to perminently stop it
Im trying to create a MSGBOX in my AUTO_OPEN macro that displays message and has the YES/NO option. If Yes is pushed the MSGBOX will po up each time the workbook is opened, if NO is pushed the MSGBOX will no open again. Does anyone know a way of doing this -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hello One very simple but tricky way would be to place some value in a cell of your workbook (1/0 or TRUE/FALSE for example) and then test this value in your auto_open macro to choose the relevant action. HTH Cordially Pascal "LB79 >" <<LB79.1atgtr@excelforum-nospam.c...

adding handler for toolbar button
Aaargh! I'm developing an MFC application in VS.NET 2003, and I can't figure out how to create a message handler for a toolbar button (short of doing it myself, but that's not any fun). In earlier versions of VS, I could use the class wizard, but not any more. Is there an automated way of adding this type of handler Thank In the IDE, on the bottom right is a Docking window that has Properties, Events, Messages, and Overrides. That's were you would do most of the things that you used to do in the classwizard. If you don't see it then activate it using the menu View-&g...

button macro help
Hello all, I have a command button by where I want to say transfer the values i A1 to the active cell in the sheet. Could someone please help me wit the macro. Thank you in advance -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Greg, Try something like ActiveCell.Value = Range("A1").Value -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "greg7468 >" <<greg7468.18z5m3@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:greg7468.18z5m3@excelforum-nospam.com... > Hello all, > I have a command button by w...

Floating button
On sheet one I have a large number of entries that are all hyperlinked to somewhere on sheet two On sheet two I have a button that when clicked returns me to sheet one. The problem is that when I click on a hyperlink one sheet, I do go to the proper location on sheet two BUT..the RETURN button is NOT visible(somewhere of the viewing area. How can I make that button appear close to where the hyperlink took me Thanks Not sure .. but perhaps just use/click on the "back" button on the web* toolbar will provide the desired functionality. *Click View > Toolbars > Web, then jus...

Filter button
I have the following code programmed into a command button to allow the user to filter records. After the filter has been applied the user closes the form and clicks on the same command button to apply another filter. Can the form be programmed so that the form holds the data entered in the previous search/ filter to prevent the user having to re-enter similar data again? Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String stDocName = "SEARCH" DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria DoCmd.Maximize DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdFilterByForm DoCmd.RunCommand...

Command button for time & date
I am looking to add START DATE, COMPLETION DATE, START TIME, & FINISH TIME buttons to an existing form, so that when you press the START DATE button it would insert the current date into the field; when you press the START TIME - the current time is inserted and so on. Is this possible? ' Insert the current date to a text box Me.[TextBox] = Date() ' Insert the current Time to a text box Me.[TextBox] = Time() ' Insert the current date and time to a text box Me.[TextBox] = Now() -- Good Luck BS"D "joet5402" wrote: > I am looking to add START DATE,...

Radio Buttons
How do I activate "radio buttons" in an received Outlook email? Outlook doesn't support active content in later versions - you need to open the message in a browser. In Outlook 2007, open the message and look at other actions section - view in browser is under it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUE...

streaming radio
My favorite radio station offers live streaming, but I haven't been able to figure out how to get it. The station says this: "Live Stream is available in two formats, AAC+ and MP3. WinAmp is the recommended player for the highest quality AAC+ stream, while Windows Media Player, iTunes, and RealPlayer will play the MP3 stream." Generally, I use VLC media player, but I do have Windows Media Player--but couldn't see how to use it. Any idea of where I should start? Thank you! Jo-Anne Since it is the recommended player why not use WinAmp? http://www.wi...

Multiple mouse clicks when deleting emails and only pressing left mouse button
I have changed the mouse and slowed down the 8 bit buss access speed on the motherboard, and when I delete the excess emails uning the left mouse button, sometimes, most of the time, two or more emails will disappear when the left mouse button has only been pressed once. Very bad, Please help to resolve this issue. ...

Password protect send button
Work in an environment similar to the CarreerBuilder commercial with the monkeys. Everyone thinks it's sooooooooooooooooooo funny to send Outlook emails from my computer when I'm not at my computer. Is there a way to in VBA to require a password before emails are sent ? Why can't you lock your PC when you're away from it? That's what I would advise. Leaving it unlocked invites just such activity as you've described and rightly so. You are ultimately responsible for all emails sent and received at work, if you leave Outlook unsecured how is it you would prove tha...

Command Button 03-18-10
I am having trouble creating a form inside of a form. What I am trying to do is have a form and have command buttons on that screen. When you click on one of the buttons it takes you to another form. But I have having trouble getting what I want on the command button. How do I get my button to open another form and not a table? Please help me. Assuming you’ve already created the second form, use the OpenForm method of the DoCmd object in the button’s Click event procedure to open the second form, e.g. Const FORMNAME = “YourSecondForm” DoCmd.OpenForm FORMNAME That will ope...

Button for a Macro
Excel 2007 is it possible to put something on the Quick Access Toolbar that will allow me to run a macro with one click? -- Gary''s Student - gsnu2007xx Try this Right click the QA Toolbar and select Customise. From the left dropdown choose 'Macros' and scroll to your macro and then click ADD On the right click modify and from the popup select an Icon OK Mike "Gary''s Student" wrote: > Excel 2007 > > is it possible to put something on the Quick Access Toolbar that will allow > me to run a macro with one click? >...