I have a big column of addresses

John Doe
123 main St.
Portland, OR 97227

Jane Doe
123 main St.
Portland, OR 97227

I want to format them so they are in their own column

John Doe | 123 main St. | Portland, OR 97227
Jane Doe | 123 main St. | Portland, OR 97227

Is there an easy way to do this?

Please help.

Dan

--
garriott
garriott's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24700

See the Vertical to Horizontal Address topic here, Garriott.

http://www.officearticles.com/excel/data_cleanup_tips_for_microsoft_excel.htm

*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"garriott" <garriott.1rbaqb_1119920708.0164@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:garriott.1rbaqb_1119920708.0164@excelforum-nospam.com...

> Question about formatting addresses
>
> I have a big column of addresses
>
> John Doe
> 123 main St.
> Portland, OR 97227
>
> Jane Doe
> 123 main St.
> Portland, OR 97227
>
> I want to format them so they are in their own column
>
> John Doe | 123 main St. | Portland, OR 97227
> Jane Doe | 123 main St. | Portland, OR 97227
>
> Is there an easy way to do this?
>
> Please help.
>
> Dan
>

> --
> garriott
> garriott's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24700
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=382669

0
ng1 (1444)

web address help
whats the web address for outlook so i can sign on? I have it stored on my home computer but dont have it here thanks Outlook doesn't have a web address unless you use an Exchange server. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64da01c3e61b$58282fc0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > whats the web address for outlook...

2 Questions
Hi I run Win 2K with Excel 2K Question 1 I have some VB code in the "Sheet 1" module of my excel file. The code is as follows: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) If Target.Column <> 12 Then Exit Sub On Error GoTo ErrHandler Application.EnableEvents = False Target.Formula = UCase(Target.Formula) ErrHandler: Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub I would like this code to run automatically whenever the file is opened. (I am assuming that this would remove the enable/disable dialog box option when opening the file) Can someone tell ...

To write living will do I need special format
I just need to change and update a living trust You should consult someone with the appropriate legal knowledge in the jurisdiction in which you are domiciled. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "belladonna" <belladonna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F25A64CB-355F-44E9-A005-16AA61DA15A7@microsoft.com... > I just need to change and update a living trust ...

Pivot Table Question #15
Hey all, Love pivot tables but i have a question, the table is set up as so Month Pallet# BoxesPur BoxesSold Price Frt Gross Net Jan 1 5 1.0 ..3 Formula Formula 2 5 2.0 .5 3 10 3 .15 Jan Total 10 10 6.0 ..95 So, the problem is in the Jan Total row, is there a way...

How do I set the number format to Base 12?
I would like to change the number format on my spreadsheet from Base 10 to Base 12, eg. 12 bottles makes up 1 case. Therefore, if I were adding up three different cells 9 bottles + 11 bottles + 6 bottles, my result should be 2 cases 2 bottles if possible 2.2 in a case column. See http://www.cpearson.com/excel/fractional.htm for details. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Andrew Moore" <AndrewMoore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:893CABE9-37D7-4E6B-8A7E-A5E679C8C824@microsoft.com... >...

Outlook 2003: Print address book
I'm running Outlook 2003 as a stand alone program without a network. I can't print the address book. The address book menu does not offer any print options including those found in the Help and Support and the MS Knowledge Base. It also doesn't offer the option to export/import. What am I missing here? Operating Windows XP Home SP2, IE 6 SP2, Outlook 2003. Thanks for any suggestion -- Phil pdischert@iname.com There is no address book in Outlook. There are lots of choices for ways to print your Contacts Folder: http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/print.htm -- Russ V...

Help ! formatting data to text

Conditional Formatting w/ a List/Icons
I am trying to allow someone to select "Green", "Yellow" or "Red" from a list and the cell to display a green/yellow/red icon appropriately. Or, if possible, the user could just select the icon (instead of selecting text). Is this possible? Use Data Validation for the list. Type in Red, Yellow, Green as the list. This give the user the list to select from. Use Conditional Formatting for the fill part. Set three conditions, If Cell Value-"Green" (select a green fill), etc.. -- If this helps, please remember to click yes. "...

Mock question?
Hi all Not sure if this is the right group, I am happyo to repost to correct group if I know what that is! but in the mean time - here goes I am using NMock2 and I have question. I have the following interface: public interface ITime { int Hour { get; } } and the following weather service: public class WeatherService:ITime { public string GetTodaysWeather() { if (Hour >= 0 && Hour <= 6) { return "Sunny"; } else if (Hour >= 7 &&...

conditional format 04-15-10
Hi, I want the color of the text in cell B1 to change depending on the value in cell A1 How can this be done? I know I can do it with conditionale format for the cell itself but not for another one. Thanks JP Try this. Assume you want B1 text to change colour when the value in A1 is 5, select B1 and go to conditional formatting. In the condition, select 'Formula is' then in the empty space, type =A1=5 choose the font colour that you want. "Jean-Paul" wrote: > Hi, > > I want the color of the text in cell B1 to change depending on th...

Special format
How can I change the format from numerical to English?? e.g.: 420 to Four Hundred and Twenty Only It is called typing - UNBELIEVABLE or SEARCH and REPLACE but MS Office 2002 Chin support numerical to chinese: 123456789 -----> = &#19968;&#20740;&#20108;&#21315;&#19977;&#30334;&#22235;&#21313;&#20116;&= #33836;&#20845;&#21315;&#19971;&#30334;&#20843;&#21313;&#20061; =3D.=3D" Can anyone help~~ >-----Original Message----- >It is called typing - UNBELIEVABLE > >or SEARCH and REPLACE > > >. > ...

reply formatting in Outlook 2010
I set up my normal.email.dotm file to have 12 pts below each paragraph, which helps formatting issues when sending emails to people using gmail and other programs that interpret paragraph breaks differently than Outlook. That works just fine with new emails. However, when I reply to an email, even an html email, the formatting is not applied. I can fix this by choosing Format Text and then setting the spacing as per above, but this is a pain in the neck. Why don't reply emails use the same template? Is there a way to template replies so i can use the same formatting? thanks in advance, ...

Installation question 06-05-07
I have one server with sql2005 running MOSS 2007 (sharepoint) I would like that sql server also to run CRM dynamics 3.0 pro. We are only 5 users and its a rather fast server so we believe it will go fine performance vice. Can I install SRS from the crm3 disk on a SQL2005 ? does it NEED default website and port 80 ? (the MOSS are using that) any help appreciated Hello, I suggest install SQLServer 2005 Reporting Services (SRS) manually using the SQLServer 2005 installation media. Configure SRS to use a different (new) website, having its own application pool. Then during CRM setup speci...

Exchange 2K: Controlling incoming email formats....
Question... AFAIK (and correct me if I am wrong), Exchange natively only lets you control message formats for messages that are downloaded to POP\IMAP clients. For security reasons, I would like Exchange to convert all incoming\outgoing email from\to external domains, as well as INTRA-domain email , to plain text format. In other words, I do not want to see anymore html email on my server going in and out, just plain text. Is there a setting for this for Exchange to handle this natively? If not, what (if any) 3rd party solutions are out there for this? Thanks, George Here's the Re...

Formatting in the formula bar
When i type in a number into a cell in my worksheet, say: 42.99 Excel automatically rounds it to 43. Which is what i want and what i set it up to do. However, the number in the formula bar also rounds to 43. Normally i thought the formula bar stayed at 42.99 and only the spreadsheet cell rounds to 43. I am using Excel 2000. Please help asap as i need the formula bar to stay at 42.99 so i remember what the original number was!!! Hi maybe you have checked 'Tools - Options - Calculation - Precision as displayed' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Beccy wrote: > When ...

Form Formatting
I have a subform (datasheet view) in a form where I want to make one column a different color. I can go into Design view and change the color but it doesn't change in the form view. This form was made ages ago with an automatic format and now I can't get away from the automatic format. Help! "DSmith" <donna@DONTSPAMresxrn.com> wrote in message news:eQARsjI6KHA.4508@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I have a subform (datasheet view) in a form where I want to make one column >a different color. I can go into Design view and change the color but it >doe...

Conditional format a column
Hello, I am comparing numbers in column b and column c. In column H, I've written an if then statement stating something to the effect that the "B is greater than C" or "B is less than C" as the case may be. I'd like to format the cells in H with red coloring where B is less than C. I've been able to do it with a single cell using conditional formatting, but need help with a column of cells. Could someone give me directions? Thanks in advance, Ellen Ellen, Select your cells in column H to be formatted. Best not to select the entire column by click...

Pivot table Data field question
I create a pivot table from three columns of data, using the Wizard.In the Layout dialogue, I drag one of my fields to the Rows; I drag anther field to the Columns. I need to drag a third field to the Data area. There's no conflict there, each Data cell of the resulting matrix would be unique. Excel doesn't let me do this. It insists on using a calculation, e.g. Sum of [field3], Count of [field3], etc. How do I convince Excel to insert just the value of Field3 in the Data? -- Regards Gershon Shamay The field you drag to the data area will always be summarized. However, if the v...

How do I change the default number format ?
The current number format is general. I would like to change it to accounting with no $ and 2 decimals. I can't seem to find how. I'd appreciate any help that anyone can give me. Thank you. Hi. You would want to change the definition of the "Normal" style. From the menu: Format | Style... And modify the "Normal" style HTH -- Dana DeLouis Win XP & Office 2003 "LarryH" <LarryH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA38F73B-D938-4EB7-804F-6716C292E3E3@microsoft.com... > The current number format is general. I would like to...

Change the default format of the query design view
When I use the query design view, I have to increase the size of the table window (from which I'm selecting fields) sideways and vertically to see the field names more clearly and that also means moving the criteria grid further down the page to make room. Is there a way to change the default table window size and default grid position so that I dont' have to do this every time? Thanks, Pat Pat When you find it, let the newsgroup know! You are (unfortunately) not the first person to wish there was a setting...<g> Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "...

Can't open html format email in outlook xp
Dear all , I can't open and create html format emails in outlook XP . I think I lost some html and RTF components , I tried to reinstall the outlook xp and selected all the related options , but still can't work. Could anyone help me to solve the problem? Thank in advance Stanley ...

Auto check email address
When typing in the TO: box, a drop-down list pops up with a list of names to choose from. Is there any way to edit the names in this list? Thanks for your help. I don't think there is. All that is is a list of recent addresses that you used. Same concept as "My Recent Documents" in Windows. I am wondering now if there is a way to reset it? "Pasbrig" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1444101c4182b$00e2a410$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When typing in the TO: box, a drop-down list pops up with > a list of names to choose from. > &g...