question #7

Hello
I have a question any help would be appreciated.
In column A I have around 1500 dates and in column B also,and I want to make
column C that will have differences in years for every row.How can i do
that?

Hi

C2=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"y")
etc.

--
Arvi Laanemets
(When sending e-mail, use address arvil<At>tarkon.ee)

"Crni Zeko" <innercityfirmnospam@inet.hr> wrote in message
> Hello
> I have a question any help would be appreciated.
> In column A I have around 1500 dates and in column B also,and I want to
make
> column C that will have differences in years for every row.How can i do
> that?

0
garbage (650)
10/18/2004 11:06:44 AM
If you just want the difference in the year then in C1

=year(b1)-year(a1

--
Alex Delamai
Alex Delamain's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1127

Hi!

Use the function YEAR
E.g. formula in C column can look like this:
=IF(YEAR(A1)<>YEAR(B1);"different";"the same")
or
=IF(YEAR(A1)>=YEAR(B1);YEAR(A1)-YEAR(B1);YEAR(B1)-YEAR(A1))

--
Best regards,
Fedor Shihantsov
"Crni Zeko" <innercityfirmnospam@inet.hr> wrote in message
> Hello
> I have a question any help would be appreciated.
> In column A I have around 1500 dates and in column B also,and I want to
make
> column C that will have differences in years for every row.How can i do
> that?

0
fedor (4)
10/18/2004 11:34:51 AM
thanks
i did what you suggested but some results are inncorecct
for example
=year(23.12.94)-year(14.7.24)

=-30.00

how come?

Backup question

a question and a question

Question about Paste Special

IE8 privacy question

IF AND question

Microsoft Query question

Question

OWA Question #16

GP 7.5v Year End Close
Does anyone know where I can find information on the steps need to close out the year for GP 7.5v. Thanks Customersource knowledgebase has year end closing checklists. "Allyson" wrote: > Does anyone know where I can find information on the steps need to close out > the year for GP 7.5v. Thanks ...

Text Box Question

401K questions

VBA//Oracle Interfacing Question

If / Then Question

ROWCOUNT question

Exmerge Question #7

question about "delete"
I have a pointer: MyWindowClass *p = NULL; p = new MyClass(...); .... delete p; After delete p, does p equal NULL(it is in C++ standard?)? How to decide if p has been deleted? The reason I asked this question is that in my project, there are many code/files use the pointer which I need to determine is it is deleted? Can I use: if(p != NULL) delete p; I guess somewhere p has been deleted, but p still not NULL(possible?), the above code might cause problem. Hi Kathy, I typically just set p to NULL when I delete it: delete p; p = NULL; Then you can check it in other places and ...

MICROSOFT PUBLISHER #7
I just initiated the online tutorial for Publisher and after the clicking next to advance to the third screen the AUDIO is lost, why is that and how can I hear the audio through the entire demonstration? -- MLCP Do you have the newest Windows Media Player? http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/11/default.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "MARLON" <MARLON@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C4E3AD1-9F86-4597-9B38-9D8BCA4CB68C@microsoft.com... >I just initiated the...

More combining companies questions
We too have acquired another company and need to look at all of our options concerning what to do with email. We run Exchange 2003, they run Exchange 2000. What is the best way to combine the two so we can share GAL, free-busy info, etc.? No decisions have been made as far as what we are going to do with their AD. We could of course change their MX record to point to our server, update our RUS, etc., but what if we want to keep an Exchange server at their site? What has to be done to join their server to our Exchange org? If you want sync both GAL,pls check this http://www.microso...

Upgrading to Windows 7 on a dual boot HD
I originally installed XP and Vista on my HD by creating a partition. XP was installed on the C:\ drive partition and Vista was installed on the E:\ drive partition. I now want to upgrade my XP partition by wiping it clean. My computer has the resources to run Windows 7. My question is if I install Windows 7 on the C:\ drive partition, will I still be able to choose which operating system I open each time I reboot my computer? yes, windows 7 will see the older operating system and install the boot menu "Sol" wrote: > I originally installed XP and Vista on my ...

switchboard question 12-26-07
Is there a way to put the names of different switchboard pages on the switchboard form? If you put one name on a switchboard page (in form design view), the same name appears on all the switchboard pages. I understand why this happens, but what if I want the user to be able to know which switchboard s/he is on? Thanks. PS the same thing happens if I go into form design view and put in control tip text. It puts the same text for the same-numbered menu item on two different switchboard pages. "Debbie S." wrote: > Is there a way to put the names of different switchboard ...

Some Questions about Outlook
1. what's the max size of attachment for sending email? 2. newMail notifitor: when there is a new mail, can the tary be changed to other until i check the mail? can it work with hotmail? 3. is there any function likes "To Do List"; calendar require time setting? 4. configure file backup; can i back up all of my setting? -- Me, Who I am On Sun, 7 May 2006 22:17:01 -0700, Dotku <lwjct@hotmail.com> wrote: >1. what's the max size of attachment for sending email? That would depend on your mail server/ISP. >2. newMail notifitor: when there is a new mail, can the ...

Simple CRM 3.0 Questions
- If an account is no longer active, what's the process to make it inactive? - Can a lead have multiple contacts, with one acting as the primary contact? - When I create a new lead, what the 'Topic' field usually used for? - When creating a lead, on the Details Page, how can I add entries into the 'Industry' and 'Lead Source' drop down lists? - Will CRM track all e-mails associated with a lead? How do I ensure this? - How do I promote a Lead to an Opportunity to an Account? - What's the real definition of an Opportunity? It seems so grey compared to...

Toolbar question
I have created a combo box on my toolbar. I am using 32 x 32 buttons, so my combo box is sitting high up. I would like to move it down to the center of the toolbar. To create it I used the following code, CRect rect; SetButtonInfo(14, IDC_FILTERNAMECB, TBBS_SEPARATOR, 200); GetItemRect(14, &rect); rect.bottom = rect.top + 200; m_cbFilterNames.Create(WS_TABSTOP | WS_VISIBLE | WS_VSCROLL | CBS_DROPDOWNLIST | CBS_HASSTRINGS | CBS_SORT, rect, this, IDC_FILTERNAMECB); How do I tell it to place itself in the center of the toolbar? Here is my code: code is from inherited CToolba...

number format question
I need excel to format a list of ip addresses. The problem I am having is that I cannot figure out how to get the columns formatted so any number I put in will be three digits. So a two digit number such as "24" needs to become a three digit number (024 in this example). Here is a real example, if I enter: 158.2.151.13 Excel needs to make it: 158.002.151.013 Can this be done? Thanks all! ...