Query problem #2

Hello,

I know how to set up query parameters where the paramater entered
provides a value for one of the query fields. What I am struggling with
is setting up a parameterised query where the parameter entered is the
first character in a field. In other words I want to parameteries a
"begins with" criteria. In the Value field within MS Query I have
entered Like '[parameter]%' which obviously isn't working.

Can anyone tell me the correct syntax please?

Thanks in advance

Will

replace the % with *. Different systems use different wildcard
characters to make life spicier.

HTH
Kostis Vezerides

0
vezerid (64)
11/18/2005 5:36:20 PM
No joy with that I am afraid.

For info if I use the query builder the syntax for a 'begins with'
query is

'A%'

I want to bring back different fields based on the starting letter of
that field. By making it parameterised I get round the fact that the
ODBC interface crashes due to the amount of data I am trying to bring
back.

Thanks

Will

Hyperlink help #2
I have an array formula that creates a hyperlink:- =IF(K24=0,"",HYPERLINK("[inventory.xls]Inventory!a"&MATCH($A$1&$A24& $B24,Inventory.xls!$A$2:$A$10000&Inventory.xls!$D$2:$D $10000&Inventory.xls!$E$2:$E$10000,0)+1,"[inventory.xls]Inventory! a"&MATCH($A$1&$A24&$B24,Inventory.xls!$A$2:$A$10000&Inventory.xls!$D $2:$D$10000&Inventory.xls!$E$2:$E$10000,0)+1)) this works and creates the hyperlink:- [Inventory.xls]Inventory!a1 this works fine, but when the workbook inventory.xls is closed, nothing at all works when i clickon th...

Timer for Queries?

Erratic results from query criteria

Update Query ?

MDI childframe problems
To create a maximized mdi child frame I tried this: BOOL CChildFrame::PreCreateWindow(CREATESTRUCT& cs) { if( !CMDIChildWnd::PreCreateWindow(cs) ) return FALSE; if (IsWindow(m_hWnd)) { ShowWindow(SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED); } return TRUE; } The window is opened maximized but the minimize/maximize/close buttons are missing. When I open a 2nd document and click on windows | tile the behaviour turns back to normal. Can someone tell what's wrong here? cs.style |= WS_MAXIMIZE didn't work either. It's opened in normal size. TIA, Hans Do this in ActivateFrame: void CChildFrame...

design query match anywhere?
In the design query I want to match the letters "ABC" anywhere in the column 'description'. I could not get instr to work by using: InStr(description, "ABC")) > 0 How else can I match ABC (upper and lowercase) to anywhere in my 'description' column? Thanks! Are you saying you put that InStr bit as a criteria under your Description field in the query designer? Try putting Like "*ABC*" as the criteria instead. Alternatively, you could add a computed field to the query InStr([Description, "ABC") and then put >0 as the ...

copy problem
I've got a code that goes 2440A, 2440B, etc.,. I need to be able to copy over so that Excel will continue the pattern. Help is appreciated. Hi maybe something like ="2440" & CHAR(ROW(1:1)+64) >-----Original Message----- >I've got a code that goes 2440A, 2440B, etc.,. I need to >be able to copy over so that Excel will continue the >pattern. Help is appreciated. >. > With 2440A in A1, try: ="2440"&CHAR(CODE(RIGHT(A1))+1) and copy down. It'll work up to 2440Z. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I...

xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation Problem
I use the following code to create the XML from a class object Dim serialize As New System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer(GetType(XYZObject)) serialize.Serialize(obWtiter, obObject) But I need the following ' xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="obj-envelope.xsd"' to be included in the in the main opening tag How can I cause the XmlSerializer to do that? Thank you, Samuel "Samuel" <samuel.shulman@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:O3KgGkN#IHA.3852@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > > > > I use the following code to create the XM...

recordset "over" 2 forms
I think this is a rather basic question and difficult to explain, but I'll try I have this form with 1 entryfield and 1 puhbutton In this entryfield I enter a name, or part of a name I click the pushbutton and another form opens, based upon what I entered in the first form The code for the pushbutton of the first form is: Private Sub Knop13_Click() If IsNull(Me!Naam_lk) = False Then If MsgBox("Je koos een naam", vbOKOnly, "Let op") Then End If End If If IsNull(Me!Naam_lk) = False Then Dim g As Form, f As Form Dim db As Database Set db = Cur...

I am getting a message that says "Unexpected Error An Error has occurred" when I am running an advanced find query on two custom entities. It seems to be when I have certain custom fields included in my view that the query errors out. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much. Just wanted to add that I seem to get errors when there is a 0.00 amount in these fields... "TJ" wrote: > I am getting a message that says "Unexpected Error An Error has occurred" > when I am running an advanced find query on two custom entities. It se...

Problems importing from DBF to Outlook
I've been importing records from my business database (Foxpro DBF) to Outlook's Contacts database for about a week and have run into a snag. One of the fields contains the contact's email address, and although it appears to import over to Outlook with no trouble, when I highlight a given Outlook record and select the New Message to Contact icon, I get the following error: "Error creating new mail! This may be caused due to an incorrect e-mail address for a contact or an invalid name for a distribution list." Since I have no distribution list, I assume the problem inv...

weird WM_QUERYENDSESSION problem
Recently, I had a problem reported to me with (non-admin) operators unable to log out of our server systems. I tracked this down to the "Default IME" window associated with several applications (different each time) responding to WM_QUERYENDSESSION with FALSE. I went to the trouble of writing a test app that enumerated top-level windows and sent them this message just so I could check. Imagine my suprise when I found it wasn't even a window that we'd created for ourselves that caused the problem. Now we can fix this problem by turning off advanced text input services, becau...

service pack 3 #2
After updating a windows XP machine with Office 2000 service pack 3 unable to open email attachments. When I go back to service pack 2 everything is fine. Does anyone have a solution to this problem? I would preper to put SP3 back on the computer but the user gets attachments everyday. Anne <Anne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > After updating a windows XP machine with Office 2000 service pack 3 > unable to open email attachments. When I go back to service pack 2 > everything is fine. Does anyone have a solution to this problem? I > would preper to put SP3 back on th...

pass through query

problem reading newsgroups
Hello All...For some reason, I am no longer able to read newsgroups with Outlook 2003. I then tried it with IE6 by going to 'Tools' and 'Read News' but to no avail. I went to the Microsoft KB but didn't find anything specific to help me.Anybody have any ideas? Thank you for your time. Reply was.....Look at this article to see if might help. If not, post back.http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en- us;q171190 Next reply.....DonL, Thank you for your reply. Couple of things; first, I'm using Outlook not Express. That shouldn't make much of a di...

a count field in a query?

getpivotdata function #2
In Excel 2000, can I have more than one data field in my pivot table and still use the GETPIVOTDATA function? My pivot table is laid out as such: Date DesShop Pathway Data 200501 200502 240 Database Sum of DeliveryQty 12 14 Sum of DeliveryAmt 15853 15652 Retail Sum of DeliveryQty 3 4 Sum of DeliveryAmt 2997 7888 Grassroots Sum of DeliveryQty 0 Sum of DeliveryAmt 0 Managed Care Sum of DeliveryQty 1 Sum of DeliveryAmt 1995 240 ...

about CFormView #2
I am developing a application using CFormView. But I am not getting how to change the default form displayed in the frame window. Please tell me how to change the form displayed in framewindow just by clicking a button on the form. Thanking you. Prashant wrote: > > I am developing a application using CFormView. > But I am not getting how to change the default form > displayed in the frame window. > Please tell me how to change the form displayed in > framewindow just by clicking a button on the form. > Thanking you. Search MSDN for "VSWAP32" for code to chan...

Saving Username and Pass with Web Queries
I am pulling data from a website that requires you to provide a usernam and password everytime you visit the site. Excel has cachin capabilities, but everytime you close excel and try and open up th spreadsheet again, it can't login. What is the fix for this? Thanks, Hend -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Bump! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Birthday query for many children in one record
I have a database for the church, it has one main flat table only. Each record for the parents have field for child1 name, child1birthday, child2 name, child2birthday, child3 name, child3birthday - up to 5 children. I am having difficulty trying to get a report to list the birthdays of the children like this parent name, child 1 name, child 1 birthday month etc. so you get something like this:- Parent John Smith, child Mary Smith January 3 Parent Fred Jones, child Bert Jones March 4 Parent John Smith, child Jane Smith March 6 Parent Harry Brown, child Jane Brown March 6 Parent Bert Taylor,...

local and external address problem
Hello I've got one problem with exchange 2000 At configuration Outlook 2000 with use Exchange Serwer and outisde mail account. During sending a massages in this outside account(it's a default mail box), massage was marked as exchange local name (for example user@exchange.local) In result the receiver see local address and don't know what is sender external account (address) When I try force sending massage with external address (in field from) exchange write the error " you have no permission to send massage uses this account". How can we resolve this? Thanks for he...

Space problem with .NET 2.0
I am loading an XML file and applying the XSLT using .net 2003 (C#). XSLT will add Space character in the xml. I am using the entity value for space character &#32. it works fine in .net 1.1 whereas in .net 2.0 the space character is not showing up in the xml at all. Any idea why this works in ..NET 1.1 and not the .NET 2.0 parser? However, if I use the entity (&#160) then it works well for both .net 1.1 and .net 2.0. Is this a known issue? Any suggestions on why the space is not showing up with .NET 2.0 would be appreciated. Gaurav wrote: > I am loading an XML file and ap...

Unresponsive Query Wizard
Hi there, I have an Excel 2003 user who is using a spreadsheet that pulls data from our SQL server. When he opens it and refreshes the data it is fine, it pulls the current data, but when he tries to edit the query, the Query Wizard does not appear, he can see it on the task bar, but when he switches focus using task manager everything is greyed out and nothing works. I have tested the file from my computer and it is fine, which suggests a problem with his machine or installation. Does anyone have any ideas? Cheers, Steve Dooza wrote: > Hi there, > I have an Excel 2003 user who...

Another simple query
Dear all, I have a table that contains first names and last names in different fields. Is there any way to write a query that will give as a result the first name and last name in the same field? I hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance! SELECT [last_name_field] & ", " & [first_name_field] AS whole_name FROM [your_name_table] Change the field and table names to whatever your actual fields and tables are. Cheers, Jason Lepack On Apr 23, 9:47 am, Homer <peter.a.r...@googlemail.com> wrote: > Dear all, > > I have a table that contains first names an...

Money Login Problems
I was unable to login using passport to retrieve my *.mny file after 3 years of flawless use. Then about 12/22/07 was unable to access the file using Money 2004. I went through the gyrations of chainging my password on my passprt account, etc. even though it would log in outside of Money, but to no avail. I then upgraded to Money Plus Deluxe in an effort to resolve the issue, but again to no avail. I am even unable to access the file off-line with the Money password for the account. After reading your posts here I realize many of you are experiencing the same problem. Any insight ...