query LDAP

I'd like to make a worksheet with the following columns:

Username	Full name	Email

This data is somewhere inside our address book server, an LDAP server
(not Windows).

I have Googled this but have not yet found interesting results.

--
Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.3.1
If it has an "X" in the name, it must be Linux?

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
How to Report Bugs Effectively
Only ask questions with yes/no answers if you want "yes" or "no" as the
answer.
http://homepages.tesco.net/~J.deBoynePollard/FGA/questions-with-yes-or-n
o-answers.html

Amedee Van Gasse shared this with us in microsoft.public.excel.misc:

> I'd like to make a worksheet with the following columns:
>
> Username	Full name	Email
>
> This data is somewhere inside our address book server, an LDAP server
> (not Windows).
>
> I have Googled this but have not yet found interesting results.

Meanwhile I installed an LDAP browser. It can't export to Excel, but it
can export to ldif. My entry is in the following format:

dn: cn=Amedee Van Gasse,c=BE
sn: Amedee Van Gasse
cn: Amedee Van Gasse
mail: amedee.van.gasse@xxxxxxx.be
o: EM Group
objectClass: axsguardPerson
subschemaSubentry: cn=Subschema

--
Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.3.1
If it has an "X" in the name, it must be Linux?

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
How to Report Bugs Effectively
Only ask questions with yes/no answers if you want "yes" or "no" as the
answer.
http://homepages.tesco.net/~J.deBoynePollard/FGA/questions-with-yes-or-n
o-answers.html
Amedee Van Gasse shared this with us in microsoft.public.excel.misc:

> I'd like to make a worksheet with the following columns:
>
> Username	Full name	Email
>
> This data is somewhere inside our address book server, an LDAP server
> (not Windows).
>
> I have Googled this but have not yet found interesting results.

Forget about it, I asked in the wrong group. Should have been
mpe.programming, not mpe.misc.

--
Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.3.1
If it has an "X" in the name, it must be Linux?

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
How to Report Bugs Effectively
Only ask questions with yes/no answers if you want "yes" or "no" as the
answer.
http://homepages.tesco.net/~J.deBoynePollard/FGA/questions-with-yes-or-n
o-answers.html

microsoft query add-in
I have just installed the Microsoft Query add-in to Excel...can anyone tell me if this is the exact query that Access uses, or are there differences in them. Thanks diane :?: Query kind of looks like Access, but it not nearly as powerful. It has several limitations. For example, what I think is the biggest hinderance, is the inability to do Outer Joins in Query. I do use Query, but mainly to bring something in from Access. >-----Original Message----- >I have just installed the Microsoft Query add-in to >Excel...can anyone tell me if this is the exact query that >Ac...

CMap query
Hi, I have a text file and i read the complete file and build a FILELIST - Files & GROUPLIST - groups like odbc,,jet40, jet35 The Group list in the file consists of values like version | odbc | 430 version | Jet40 | 430 version | Jet35 | 430 version | oledb | 430 version | odbc | 440 version | Jet40 | 440 version | Jet35 | 440 version | oledb | 440 The File List consists of values like FILE | odbc | <COMPLETE path of odbc file like odbc32.dll> FILE | odbc | <COMPLETE path of odbc file like odbcji32.dll> FILE | oledb | <COMPLETE path of oledb dll1> FILE | ole...

Column Limit in MS-Query
A user had a query that used to work fine with about 200 columns. It now will not run. We kept deleting columns in the query until it ran and it did so at 179 columns. This issue is happening on XP and Windows 2000 in Office 2002 and Office 2000. The database that is being queried is an Oracle database. The SQL runs fine in a normal SQL tool. ...

USe a Parameter query
I have a simple query that I wish to use to search for titles of Music CD's. I wish to establish a parameter query that will allow the user to enter a word and the query looks for that word in the title. I have lried .....Like *[Enter the word]* in the query designand various combinations in between but to no avail. Can it be done Thanks George try to use under the "Title filed " Like "*" & ["Enter the Word" ] & "*" so it can filter that word out of your database. "George" wrote: > I have a simple query that I w...

Insert data using a query?
I'm not sure if what I'm asking is even possible but here goes. I have a table that contains employees and the company they work for. I have created a query on that table to identify those employees who dont list their company based on their employee id number. Example, employees with an ID number of 2000 - 39999 belong to a specific company, so I use the query to find all employees with that ID number range and is null for the company name. Now my problem. I want to use the query to update their company name, since I know that all employees with an ID number of 2000...

Excel Microsoft query
Hi I have a few queries, 1. Can a .txt file be joined to another database table? 2. Can I join a two tables in different sheets in the same workbook? 3. I tried to query a table on Excel sheet using the source as Excel Files*, but a field populated with numbers returned blank cells as the results. Why? ...

Input boxes in excel and MS Query
I'm using MS Excel to display the results of a SQL Server database, using the GET EXTERNAL DATA wizard, which then takes you to Microsoft Query so you can set up the SQL coding. I was having difficulty writing the SQL using MS Query, so I set up the same scenario in MS Access to write a query, then just pasted the query into MS Query. Unfortunately the code does not work and I get a "Invalid column name What is the start date" error What I'm actually trying to do is get two input boxes to appear each time the spreadsheet is opened. The user types the FROM and TO dates in...

Analtical Accounting Query #2
Hi Any one can send the query to get the periodic balance of dimentional accout or pls send the table name to get the transaction amount. Othere wise any report to get the dimentional transaction summary. ex DimA/C Code - (Dedit-Credit) 400 - 1000 400-01 - 500 400-02 - 250 400-03 - 250 400-03-01 - 100 400-03-02 - 100 400-03-03 - 100 400-03-04 - (50) Regards Nizham ...

Subtract 1 Year from Query Date Range
I’m using: Between [Forms].[frmReport].[Start] And [Forms].[frmReport].[End] in criteria to input a date range into a query. The date is entered into the form “frmReport” in the format of 00/00/0000. Is there a way to modify the expression above so that it will subtract one year from the “Start” date and one year from the “End” date. I need to query one year earlier than the year entered into the form. Thanks -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Between DateAdd("yyyy", -1, [Forms].[frmReport].[Start]) And DateAdd("yyyy", -1, [Forms].[frmReport].[End...

Event Log Queries
Ok, so I'm working on querying multiple DC's to look for a specific event ID (645 in the security logs, for computers recently joined to the domain). I thought I had everything figured out, but it's still not working right. Running the script, it just somewhat hangs...not sure if that's just because it's still searching or not and is slow. Let me know if you guys have any thoughts...thanks! Dim objDictionary Set objDictionary = CreateObject("Scripting.Dictionary") arrComputers = Array("DC02", "DC03") iReach = 0 For Each st...

Link query to Excel and back to Access as table??
I recently used Excel to link an Access query as external data to an Excel worksheet, then linked that file back to Access to use as a table. To me, this was a workaround way of having query results as a table. I set the Excel file up to auto-refresh every 60 minutes, but the linked Access table (based on the Excel file) does not seem to be updating properly. I have no need to ever open the Excel file, so I figured the auto-refresh would handle this. Does the Excel file need to be open in order to auto-refresh? I do not entirely understand why you are going back and forth between t...

Newbie
I want to display the result of a query: SELECT EmployeeNumber, FirstName, LastName, DOB, Address FROM Employee What control I should put onto the detail band of the report? Use text boxes to display field values. Set your report's record source property to your query. -- Duane Hookom MS Access MVP "Alan T" <alanpltseNOSPAM@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:uatk$cCqHHA.4152@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I want to display the result of a query: > SELECT EmployeeNumber, FirstName, LastName, DOB, Address FROM Employee > > What control I should put onto the ...

return primary key for record after append query
Is there a way to find the primary key for a new record added to a table using an append query in VBA? I need to assign that to a variable so that I can use it an a second append query to a different table. For example: tblCust: CustID (pk), CustName, CustAddress tblOrder: OrderID (pk), CustID (fk), ProdID If I use append query to add CustName and CustAddress to the tblCust table, how do I get the CustID for that record to use in an append query to add records to the tblOrder table? It is possible to query the last key value like this: Function ShowIdentity() As Variant ...

how do i create a tab on a form that directs me to tables;queries
I have heard that a tab can be created in a form that direstc you to other areas such as queries or tables. I was wondering how this could be done......... Tables are for storing data, queries for retrieving it. Forms, including forms with Tabs are for displaying that data. Do not allow users to work directly in tables. Create a subform in Datasheet View for the table or query that you want to view and add that to a tab on your main form by first adding the tab control, then dragging the subform onto the control, from the database window or Nav Pane. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, ...

MS Query over a network
I have an MS Query embedded in an Excel worksheet. When I try to refresh the data from a different computer on the network, I get an error telling me the network path is not valid. One problem is that all the computers on the network map drives with different letters. How can I set the query up without assigning a letter to the drive containing the source data? ...

HELP: Syntax error (missing operator) Query Expression
Hi All, I am gettin a Syntax error (missing operator) Query Expression 'Student_Name = JAMES JAMES' on this line: Set rst = conn.Execute(strSQL) Basically, I want to pull details from access into userform fields based on what I enter in StudentName text field, Here is the code for that event: Private Sub StudentName_Change() Dim conn As Object, rst As Object, strSQL As String Set conn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") conn.Open "Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0; " & _ "Data Source=C:\My Documents\Student_Data.accdb;...

Confused query
I've got a query which asks the question Enter Project A or B. This part of the query works fine on its own. I also want to ask in the same query whether a "modified" Project A should also be included as in [Do you want a modified Project A included Y/N?]. The modified Project A is indicated in the table by a Yes/No field. If I type a Yes or No directly into the query it works the way I expect but if I use the question to get the Yes or No both questions are asked correctly but the result fails with a "too complicated expression" error I'm sure it can be done...

How do I query for a count of days since a specific date?
What I'm trying to do is display the number of days that have past since the last date (date/time format). Is this possible? Use the DateDiff function: DateDiff("d", [LastDate], Date()) -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Antwan C" <Antwan C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28515340-E24B-45BF-B34F-BFF05833F5F8@microsoft.com... > What I'm trying to do is display the number of days that have past since > the > last date (date/time format). Is this possible? Is there a calculat...

Date comparison in IIF statement in a query
I have a form with a control containing a date. This date is used in a query as part of a IIF statement included in the criteria row of the query: IIf(IsNull([Forms]![RiderMatchAnalysis]![Start Date]),[Meeting]![MeetingDate],>[Forms]![RiderMatchAnalysis]![Start Date]) The syntax must be wrong in some way as it does not return any records. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. LL wrote: >I have a form with a control containing a date. This date is used in a query >as part of a IIF statement included in the criteria row of the query: > >IIf(IsNull([Forms]...

Query Problems 07-20-07
Hi all,i am a new user of access,i am now using access 2007,i wanted to link the 3 tables together,to create a query that will returns records of company,part number,description,selling price and date of purchase.below are my tables in datasheet view; Customer details Products detail sales detail id id id Company part number company Address alternate part number Telephone model description ...

Select records from query using added checkbox
Hallo, I have a subform in which I show records resulting from a query displaying certain data from two tables. I would like to add a checkbox to every entry of this query, so the user can select the query-records he wants to use to perform additional tasks with. E.g. Say the query collects data on persons and their jobs based on certain criteria. The user must be able to (de-) select the persons he would like to leave out of a report that will be made once the user has decided on the persons. Also I would like to have all the checkboxes initially checked, so the user only has to deselect s...

query sort on date
I've got a table where applicant data is entered (via a form) everytime an application is submitted. Each time a person submits an application it is enteed as a new submission, thus I can have duplicate records on a person, except for the submission date and maybe the address if it changed but it is still a new record. My questions are how can I query the table data to only show the most recent applications without having duplicate records on a person? Another field in the table is the SSN. The other question pertaining to the same query is say that an application was submit...

Error 8270 ldap error
Hello, I've a big problem with exchange 2003 and one error : 8270 "LDAP returne error [34] not avaiable ...." This error flood my event log, and i don't find how to resolve the problem. On microsoft support i found : this error is caused by dns or network problem, but after test i'm almost sure there is no problem. (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en;313167) So my network contain several child domain link by VPN to my principal network. I've exchange only in the principal domain, and in child domain i've just executed setup /domainprep. So i...

Attachments and LDAP Directort dialog box
When adding attachments in OE you are able to add multiple attachments. For some reason I am able to only add one at a time in Outlook 2003. Is there a setting I have missed? Secondly, when Outlook starts, I get a dialog box called "Microsoft LDAP Directory" pop up. I do not use this facility, but only use the ordinary address book. Is there any way to diasble this dialog box so that Outlook loads without intervention? Ian ...

Microsoft Access Query Links
Is there a relatively easy way to link to objects within an access database. I am particularly interested in making notes on parts of my access database and being able to jump to that part of the database if needed. I can only seem to get a link to the database file but not within the database to the actual query or report. UCDmike wrote: > Is there a relatively easy way to link to objects within an access > database. NO, there are no such tools for Access. > I am particularly interested in making notes on parts of my > access database and being able to jump ...