quattro converter for Excel 2003

Someone has sent me some Quattro Pro 7.0 files that I need to open up.  When
I had Excel 2000 before, it was as simple as downloading a converter and the
files opened up in Excel.  However, for Excel 2003, I cannot find a converter
anywhere on the web site.  Can someone point me to a converter or how I can
convert into Excel 2003 from Quattro.  I have already tried the "Office
Conversion Pack" that the downloads site seems to direct me to.

Thanks,
Clark
0
cntaylor (2)

To install the QP filters for Excel 2000 in Excel 2003 you have to make a
registry entry that leads the filter installer to believe you have Excel
2000 installed.

Run Regedit and create this key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Common\InstallRoot

(You'll probably have to create the 9.0 branch under Office and then Common
under it, and InstallRoot under Common)

Then create a new string item named "Path" in the right panel with the value
being the path to your Office 2003 installation like:
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\"

Change the path to point to where you have Office 2003 installed if
different than the above.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"cntaylor" <cntaylor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Someone has sent me some Quattro Pro 7.0 files that I need to open up.
When
| I had Excel 2000 before, it was as simple as downloading a converter and
the
| files opened up in Excel.  However, for Excel 2003, I cannot find a
converter
| anywhere on the web site.  Can someone point me to a converter or how I
can
| convert into Excel 2003 from Quattro.  I have already tried the "Office
| Conversion Pack" that the downloads site seems to direct me to.
|
| Thanks,
| Clark

0
jrrech (1933)
2/9/2005 12:22:42 PM
This worked great!  Thank you for your help.

"Jim Rech" wrote:

> To install the QP filters for Excel 2000 in Excel 2003 you have to make a
> registry entry that leads the filter installer to believe you have Excel
> 2000 installed.
>
> Run Regedit and create this key:
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Common\InstallRoot
>
> (You'll probably have to create the 9.0 branch under Office and then Common
> under it, and InstallRoot under Common)
>
> Then create a new string item named "Path" in the right panel with the value
> being the path to your Office 2003 installation like:
> "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\"
>
> Change the path to point to where you have Office 2003 installed if
> different than the above.
>
> --
> Jim Rech
> Excel MVP
> "cntaylor" <cntaylor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | Someone has sent me some Quattro Pro 7.0 files that I need to open up.
> When
> | I had Excel 2000 before, it was as simple as downloading a converter and
> the
> | files opened up in Excel.  However, for Excel 2003, I cannot find a
> converter
> | anywhere on the web site.  Can someone point me to a converter or how I
> can
> | convert into Excel 2003 from Quattro.  I have already tried the "Office
> | Conversion Pack" that the downloads site seems to direct me to.
> |
> | Thanks,
> | Clark

0
cntaylor (2)

Money 2003 #12
how can i track the payments the buyer makes to me on a monthly basis In microsoft.public.money, Rajeev chandrasekaran wrote: >how can i track the payments the buyer makes to me on a >monthly basis Is it a regular payment with interest? If so, I would set up a loan account with you *lending* money. ...

Converting WMF pastes in 2007
In PPT 2003, I would go to my third-party clipart collection, copy a WMF image, and paste it into PPT. Then I would select it, click "ungroup", and it would say something to the effect that this was not a PPT drawing, did I want to convert it? Of course, I would say "Yes", then I'd have to ungroup it again (silly program, should have just converted and ungrouped!) But that was much better than 2007, where I apparently do not have the option of converting a drawing. There is a relatively confused discussion about the Clip Organizer, which has no relevance to ...

Outlook 2003 can't retrieve but a few emails
Upon checking my mail this morning, Outlook 2003 could only retrieve 11 of 153 messages and then it hangs up. I ran Norton WinDoctor and fixed a few errors and am now scanning for virus (am certain it will be clean)... I have tried shutting down and that did not help either... This has never happened before and am rather desperate to receive my mail (as all of us are).... Any suggestions as to a "fix" ? Thank you... My theory is some spammer figured out a way to gum up the new Outlook. Check the account a different way and delete the emails from the server. I'm not even going...

Converting text into time
Help!! Does anyone know how to convert a four digit number into time, eg. 1215 to 12:15am? I have reports from another program that can only be saved as text files so when I open up these files in Excel, all my times are in text and I need to find a way to convert them back into time. Any suggestions would be most appreciated!! Try also... =--TEXT(A1,"0\:00") Format the formula cell as time. "Michelle" <michelle@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:040901c370ff$2fc33700$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Help!! Does anyone know how to convert a four digit number > i...

How do I connect the Barometer to Excel data?
Could somebody tell me how can I link data from Excel spread sheet to the Barometer. What I mean is that I would like to plug the data in Excel and I would like the Barometer adjust accordingly. I would appreciate for help. Rick <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Could somebody tell me how can I link data from Excel spread sheet to > the Barometer. What I mean is that I would like to plug the data in > Excel and I would like the Barometer adjust accordingly. Barometer? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org/ Ed...

How Draw a picture using VBA in Excel?
Hello, Can anyone suggest a method to draw a picture in EXCEL using the VBA. The picture to be drawn uses some bitmaps and super-imposed by texts from the excel sheet. The text drawn as picture should match with the same format as in excel (like font, bold,etc.,) Thanks in advance Baju Antony Since Excel doesn't let you copy, and then paste special-as a picture, like you can in Word, I'm thinking you might be able to use the CAMERA tool? Try this: Copy some cells. Then, holding the shift key, hit the Edit menu. You have an extra option to "paste picture". But it's not...

Switching from Quattro Pro
I am switching from Quattro Pro to Excel...not too big of a difference but one function I use a lot in Q.P. is changing formulas into data. How do I do this??? Thanks! select cell, Copy, Paste special, values "Bonnie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BAB0BF39-A93F-4A77-B9D6-D2A6B435FBAA@microsoft.com... : I am switching from Quattro Pro to Excel...not too big of a difference but one function I use a : lot in Q.P. is changing formulas into data. How do I do this??? Thanks! Thank you Thank You!!!!!!!! You should also look at what Data > Te...

Excell #3
I need to download excel. I am an MSN XP user, and need to open a sreadsheet that was created in Excel, and cannot open in my XP spreadsheet program. Please help??? To get a free Excel viewer, go to http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/default.aspx? Product=Excel&Version=95|97|98|2000|2002&Type=Converter|Vie wer >-----Original Message----- >I need to download excel. I am an MSN XP user, and need >to open a sreadsheet that was created in Excel, and cannot >open in my XP spreadsheet program. > >Please help??? >. > What spreadsheet program are you using...

Outlook 2003 And Word 2002 as Editor
Can it possibly be true that you cannot use Word 2002 as your editor with Outlook 2003? I just installed Outlook 2003 today and when I tried to make Word 2002 my email editor, it isn't even an option. The choices are Word 2003 and since I don't have that, it is just grayed out. Is there a way around this? What a pain! It's true and always has been. Versions must match. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "CW" <nacpa1@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message news:9AQwb.52495$xV6.24469@lakeread04... > Can it possibly be true that you cannot use Word 2002 as your editor ...

Zip code sort is an Excel problem even when using the special cat.
Zip code sorting is a problem using excel 2003. I have zips both in 4 and 9 digit format. I have tried every conceivable format and even followed the recommendation online by typing in the custom category [<=99999]00000;00000-0000. I have tried to retype in the zip codes but that doesnt seem to help. Note that some info comes in from older excel versions and from Word docs. Can anyone help? I only use 4 digit zip coding, but it has always worked very well when sorting. I use a Custom format of 0000, so that 0001 will show like that. "camead" wrote: > Zip code sorting i...

convert number to time format?
I have a column of 3-4 numbers representing time of day. The number vary from 63 (=6:30 AM) to 113 (= 11:30 AM). Can anyone help me to convert the numbers to time format? Thanks. -- JLHORMAN ------------------------------------------------------------------------ JLHORMAN's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23768 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=374148 Assumption: Cell D7 contains your coded time (e.g. 63 or 113) Use this formula in a cell formatted as TIME 1:30 PM: =(LEFT(D7,LEN(D7)-1)&":"&a...

Can't convert Quicken qdata file.
I am try to switch from Quicken to Money 2004. When it trys converting the Quicken I get the following message: Your Quicken file could not be converted. You are attempting to convert a corrupted Quicken file. Try reindexing your Quicken file by clicking File Operations from the File menu, and then clicking Validate. Then try converting it again. Have tried validating the quicken file but no change. I don't want to lose all the data I have in Quicken. Any suggestions??? Thanks Sam In microsoft.public.money, Sam Roe wrote: >I am try to switch from Quicken to Money 2004. When it...

Excel VBA Macro executing half-way
Hi, I have a macro which I run regularly and successfully until last couple days when it stopped executing half-way. This also happened to other macros as well. I debugged the macro and it stopped at certain line but gave no error, then started from the beginning of the code. Thank you for any comment. TIA Agustus ...

outlook 2003 cause of computer overheating
every time I turn on my outlook it sends the fan into overdrive and my computer overheats radically! What do I do? I have already reduced my emails substantially. Deleting from my sent file, inbox and deleted email file. When you open Task Manager and select the Processes tab, how much CPU is outlook.exe using? How many graphs are listed at the top? Does it work correctly in Outlook Safe Mode? Start-> Run; outlook.exe /safe (note the space in the command) To further troubleshoot this see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntstart.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij...

Excel cell formatting
Sometimes a cell in a worksheet won't allow me to format. If I select "format cells" by right-clicking or from the "Format" menu nothing happens, even though I can edit the format of an adjacent cell. This happens in many different worksheets. Any ideas about why this happens? ...

Converting to jpg
How do I convert my Publisher image to a jpg so someone else can read it who does not have Publisher? Sheri After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from sheri <sheri.gregg@verizon.net>... > How do I convert my Publisher image to a jpg so someone > else can read it who does not have Publisher? Publisher 2002 can do this to a degree (it's only suitable for proofing, not for final copies) Publisher 2003 can do it better All versions of Publisher can do it if you get SnagIt 6 from www.techsmith.com - it contains a image printer driver (you print t...

Can IFERROR be used in Excel 2003 Compatibility View?
Hi, I've got an Excel 2007 sheet that contains the IFERROR function and would like to share it with some people using Excel 2003. Will they be able to open and edit the worksheet using the compatibility pack? Regards. No and Yes. I just tested this and what happens is that initially the file opens in 2003 just fine and even looks good, but as soon as a cell is changed that affects the cell with the =IFERROR() in it, that cell changes to a #NAME! error display. You'll see the formula entered this way in Excel 2003: =_xlfn.IFERROR(A1/B1,"Cannot divide by zero&...

Outlook 2003, outbox won't send
outlook 2003, xp sp2, all updates, 5 computers total. All of them throughout the day have all kinds of trouble sending out emails. after the users click send, they are moved to the outbox where they remain for sometimes 10-15-20 minutes, half the time they never send at all. other times I have to close outlook, restart, send/receive, and they send. if that doesn't work, sometimes i can go to the outbox, double click the messages, and hit 'send' again and they will leave the outbox and send successfully. we don't have any of these plugins installed; http://www.slipstick.com/pro...

How to use Workflow Manager to convert email into lead
Hello, I would like to set up a process by which emails that come into a certain queue are then automatically used to create a Lead record (ideally using some of the information from the email address to provide first name / last name). Is this possible? JM You have to create a custom workflow assembly for this which calls the Crm Web Service to convert to mail to a lead -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCSD) Lead Developer Aviva IT Web: aviva-it.nl "JM" wrote: > Hello, > > I would like to set up a process by which emails that come into a certain > queue are then au...

How to convert WMV to MP4 MPEG4 with WMV to MP4 Converter 05-25-10
Do you have some WMV files and encountered following problems or similar kind, now are seeking an effective way to convert WMV to MP4 files? 1. I just downloaded some WMV files; I need a video converter software to change WMV to MP4 to get them work on my iTunes/iPod/iPhone/iPad. 2. I have a bunch of videos (that are .WMV) that are HD. I want to convert them to .mp4 while keeping the same quality in HD 3. I need help to convert my wmv file into a mp4 file which i can play it on my PSP MP4 Player. 4. And more reason to convert WMV to MP4... So, how to [url=http://www.daniusoft.co...

Can you do this in excel?
Hi I know pretty much bugger all about excel, but I really need to do this: create alpha-numerical list in the following format pin0001.jpg pin0002.jpg pin0003.jpg Etc. I can make the "pin0001" part but other than manually typing in the ".jpg" (and the list needs to be 1016 numbers long!!) I can not work out how to append the extension. Can anyone help, I need to work this out quickly! Thanks in advance Craig -- craig_s ------------------------------------------------------------------------ craig_s's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=ge...

Create an object from an excel file to insert
Hi, I have a company logo and info on 3 lines in an excel sheet. I want to use this as a letterhead for all excel files that I print. I want to insert this letterhead as an object into another excel file but its not working as I would like it to. When I try to Insert an Object from file and select the excel file that has my letterhead it imports ok but the object containts 10 rows, 3 of which is my letterhead and the rest just empty rows. I just want those 3 rows and 5 columns to be imported. Setting the print area of the letterhead file doesn't make any difference. If I'm not...

Outlook 2003 Send/Receive problem
When I click Send/Receive in Outlook 2003, I get the error message, "The operation failed. An object could not be found." I'm pretty sure my mailbox is set up correctly -- at least the basic settings are. I'm trying to connect to Earthlink. Their support people couldn't help me, said it was a Microsoft problem. But it worked with my last ISP, PeoplePC. I'm tempted to try reverting back to Outlook 2002 -- at least support seems to be better for that product. But I thought I'd try here first. Please respond to petermarkush@earthlink.net. Thanks, Peter Se...

Converting quattro pro x3 formula to excel 2007
I wrote a spreadsheet in Quattro Pro X3 to calculate Golf Handicaps. I have imported it to Excel 2007 but I cant get one formula to work. In the spreadsheet I have calculated the differentials in column 'H' starting at row 6 and am trying to put the lowest 10 scores from the last 20 played in Column 'J6 thru J15'. The following Quattro Pro formula is what is used in columns J6 thru J15. @IF(A:F@PURECOUNT(A:H)<@ROWS(H$6..H6),"-",@SMALLEST(@@(@OFFSET(H$6,@MAX(0,@PURECOUNT(A:H)-20),0,20,1)),@ROWS(H$6..H6))) When I imported this to Excel, it came out as: =IF(...

Can not make MDE file from a converted Access 2003 database
I have two database applications developed in Access 2000 on a Windows 2000 workstation. I tried to move them to a XP workstation which has Access 2003 since all of our workstations are required to upgrade to XP. I copied the databases to a XP PC with Access 2003 installed and I converted the databases from Access 2000 format to Access 2003 format. When I tried to ask the database to create mde files for me, the error message popped up and said "Access 2003 was not able to make a mde file". I could make mde files on the developing workstation without any problem. One of the...