Pulling all information right of this "("

Is there a way to just pull the information from a cell such as this?
Example:
3 WORLDS OF GULLIVER (DVD)(P&S-1.33-MONO-ENG-FR-SUB-SP-DUB)

I would like to pull all this information and place it in another cell
(DVD)(P&S-1.33-MONO-ENG-FR-SUB-SP-DUB)

I tried this command thinking if it works with left why not with right.
=right(c2,find("(",c2))  but this only pulls everything about 3-4 letters
into it so i get something like this

ORLDS OF GULLIVER (DVD)(P&S-1.33-MONO-ENG-FR-SUB-SP-DUB)

Any help is apprecaited.  I have to do this on about 45,000 different cells
so it is rather a pain.  THanks again for any help you can provide

0
Mcobra41 (12)

Use MID:
=MID(C2,FIND("(",C2)+1,255)

0
anonymous (74717)
3/15/2005 8:20:37 PM
Thanks so much that worked perfectly!

"Bob Umlas Excel MVP" wrote:

> Use MID:
> =MID(C2,FIND("(",C2)+1,255)

0
Mcobra41 (12)

Pull down (or filter) my report
I have a report that generates information from different lawyers. I don't wish to print out every single lawyer, or filter (SQL Query) a certain criteira, is there a way that you can open a report and have a pop up promt asking for a filter ? The pop up is do-able via what is called a query parameter prompt - but that means you would have to know the EXACT spelling of the lawyer name, so it's not the recommended solution. To do that - type something like [Enter the lawyer name] in the section where you would typically manually modify the query (criteria row below the lawyer name c...

Pull data (sumif?) from an external workbook
I have a workbook "report". Col A has contains products. The number of products in column A may vary but each product features only once. eg: TOTAL SALES FOR JANUARY ColA ColB ItemX 4 ItemY 5 ItemZ 4 Another workbook "sales" contains the individual sales of these items in one month. So Col A contains the products which may feature once or several times. Col B contains the Qty. eg: SALES FOR JANUARY ColA ColB ItemX 1 ItemX 3 ItemY 5 ItemZ 2 ItemZ 2 Both workbooks reside...

Cells To Right of Viewable Area (Need Overlay)
Is it possible to create a spreadsheet that might have lets say 20 cells. When you get to the right most cell that might only partially be seen to have it then shown to you or to have additional cells to the right of it pasted over the top of what your currently viewing. Not sure if I am asking the correct ? based upon what I want to do. I am from the MS Excel support department at http://www.enterpriseprojectconsulting.com and we would be happy to assist you in resolving your issue Thank you Enterprise Project Consultin ...

Formula to pull last name error (Excel 07)
In A1 I have Joe Smith, I would like Smith to be in B1. I tried using the function =RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND(“*”,SUBSTITUTE(A1,” “,”*”,LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,” “,””))))) but am getting the #NAME? error. FYI: I can't use the Text to Columns function because I have some names that have at least 2 middle names... Thanks -B Maybe something like that... [Start typing the formula(s) in column C first] http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/346/nonamer.png Micky "Outlook, eh?" wrote: > In A1 I have Joe Smith, I would like Smith to be in B1. > > I t...

Displaying Information to the User (maybe HTML)
Using VS2008, MFC Dialog App In my menu, I have a Help>Information. I don't want to display the typical help (.chm file). I have a simply .htm file that I would like this menu to display. However, I don't want to distribute the htm file. So here's my two Questions. Question 1: If I drag my Info.htm file onto the solution explorer it will display with the source files. Does this mean it gets compiled as part of the exe (regardless of any code)? Question 2: Assuming that this is true, what would be the easiest way to call this Info.htm using the menu H...

Document Information Panel :-(
I have just installed Microsoft Office 2007 and am very disappointed because whenever I attempt to enter the "properties" section of Excel, I receive the message: "Document Information Panel was unable to load." I am not sure what the problem is, but I cannot do anything with the program unless I can use the Properties option. Can anyone help? This happens in Excel-Office Button-Prepare-Properties. Thanks ;-) Only a thought but is it an Excel 2007 file? Run the compatibility checker from the same dialog box and also try it from a new document. -- Regards, O...

Custom context menu (right-click) in Word 2007?
The only info I have managed to find on this is something like "you do this the same for 2007 as for 2003". The only example I've found for 2003 was using VSTO and programmatically creating a commandbar with commandbarbuttons on the right-click event of a bookmark within a document. Could someone point me in the right direction for a way to do this when right-clicking in a Content Control, please? Also - I would like to add custom function calls to the end of *existing* right-click menus - is this possible? Thanks lots! -- Big Dave UK x Gah. When I posted this I wasn...

How to link or import AIM (401K) information
I would like to check my investment information through Money. I have 401K through AIM Funds. Is there a way to connect and import data from AIM investments. Right now money allows me to enter user name and password, and connects to the AIm website like internet explorer. The other option I see is to manually enter data. Thank you. Chock Ganapthy In microsoft.public.money, Chock wrote: >I would like to check my investment information through Money. I have 401K >through AIM Funds. Is there a way to connect and import data from AIM >investments. Right now money allows me to en...

Live MS Professionals online right now! (11/10 @ 12PM Central Time
If you are reading this newsgroup in search of an answer to your question, please feel free to jump on our Chat which is going on right now. Just go to http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/chats/default.mspx and click on the first "Enter Chat Room" link. We have several MS experts just sitting here waiting to answer your questions. -- Shawn Travers, MCSE, MCSA, CISSP, CISA Join Microsoft for a live IT Pro event in your area. Check out http://www.technetbriefings.com to see what we are delivering this month and register today! ...

find value of a cell to the right a cell located with max()
row of data 4 colums col 1 a number col 2,"Boys" col 3 a number col 4 "Girls" Want to find the max() on the row and contents of the next cell, same row (ie: "Boys" or "Girls")... I assume that your data is look like this… A (Col 1 ) B (Col 2) C (Col 3) D (Col 4) 20 Boys 12 Girls 16 Boys 20 Girls Now in E1 cell paste this formula =IF(A1>C1,A1&" "&B1,C1&" "&D1) Copy the E1 cell formula and paste it to the remaining cells. Change the cell reference to your desired cell, if required. If thi...

Outlook admin vs individual access (VBA pulling info)
I'm not looking for a specific solution, just information on whether or not this is possible, and if so, some general leads on what I'd need to learn more about in order to develop and implement. I have a VBA macro that grabs appointment data (time/date/duration/subject/etc). As an individual user, it only pulls this information from my calendar. We are considering a project where employees would start using custom labels to document their time on different projects, and ideally we would be able to pull all of that data at once (not require each user to pull their own...

sensitivity button/pull-down menu anyway ? (OL2K3)
hi, setting the sensitivity of an email via 'file | properties' or the 'options...' button is tedious is there a way to add a 'sensitivity' button/pull-down menu in a toolbar ? TIA, Pierre. ...

How can I use (IF) formula to pull data from list?
Can someone help me with a formula that will do the following? I have a list of courses (Algebra 1, Algebra 2, etc) and I have course codes (2032, 2033, etc). Different courses will be listed In my spreadsheet in column A. I want column B to automatically populate the correct course code form a list (perhaps on a hidden sheet like I use in Data Validation Drop Down lists). For example, Algebra 1 is entered in A3 and then the Algebra 1 course code would appear in B3. If Algebra 2 is entered in A4, then a different code will automatically appear in B4. Auto populating the course code will s...

Pulling all information right of this "("
Is there a way to just pull the information from a cell such as this? Example: 3 WORLDS OF GULLIVER (DVD)(P&S-1.33-MONO-ENG-FR-SUB-SP-DUB) I would like to pull all this information and place it in another cell (DVD)(P&S-1.33-MONO-ENG-FR-SUB-SP-DUB) I tried this command thinking if it works with left why not with right. =right(c2,find("(",c2)) but this only pulls everything about 3-4 letters into it so i get something like this ORLDS OF GULLIVER (DVD)(P&S-1.33-MONO-ENG-FR-SUB-SP-DUB) Any help is apprecaited. I have to do this on about 45,000 different cells so i...

. (dot) operator not pulling up class information
Hello, This may be a stupid question, but I have not found an answer to it yet. It seems with some of my projects, sometimes I will "loose" my class information. Whenever I put a '.' or a -> at the end of an object, no information (classmethods or variables) will come up any more. I can make a new project and bring the exact code over and it works fine. Is there a way to fix that in my current project? (ex) MyClass myclass = new MyClass(); myclass.(NOTHING IS listed BY C++) but in new project it will list my methods. This is getting extremely anoying because I...

Removing Square Box (Carriage Return) on right side of record
I have a module that moves a query from Access to Excel. Works grea except that the one field which is a memo field containing records wit a Carriage Return after each record displays in Excel with a square bo to the right of each of the values ie A/I--1(square box) A/I--2(square box) etc Is there any formula I can apply in Excel to strip these square boxe of f of the end of each record Thanks What I want it to look like A/I--1 A/I--2 GL 3 GL -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =SUBSTITUTE(A1,CHAR(10),"") HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >...

Table Lookup (Using Hlookup and Match) not Working Right
I have a table from which I would like to extract a value (corresponding to 7) and its not working correctly with my formula. Im looking for some assistance in setting it right. Distance (Col A1) Fare (Col B2) a2=1-5 b2=3.0 a3=6-10 b3=4.5 a4=11-15 b4=6.5 Cell E5 has 7 for distance and I used =HLOOKUP(B1,B1:B4,MATCH(E5,A2:A4,0)+1,FALSE) to find the fare and it does not work. Please kindly help correct me. Thanks, V Try this: ...........A..........B 2........0...........3 3........6...........4.5 4......11...........6.5 E5 = 7 =IF(E5="&...

VBA Input box (or MsgBox) with pull down or choices
Hello, MS Excel 2003 on XP PRO. I'm looking to generate a popup (msg box or input box) that instead of free form text has a "combobox" or "pulldown" to it. So that the user picks a value from a list, and hits OK. This way they can't input incorrect values. Is this possible? If not I have back up methods but this would be PERFECT for my application. Thanks, -- BlueWolverine MSE - Mech. Eng. Go BLUE! Many options here. From a simple worksheet Data Validation List to a UserForm with controls. In between can be Combox, ListBox etc. ...

Restoring a public information store (pub1.edb) to a new server
Hello, Our SBS2000 server went belly up earlier this week. We could not recover it so we grabbed what files we could off it and started again taking advatage of the down time to install SBS2003 on our new server. Our only problem is getting our old public folder to work again. We have managed to get our mailboxes back using some 3rd party software but we have lots of contact information in our public folders that we really need to get at. So that I'm not messing about on our main server, I have built a recovery server using SBS2000 under VirtualPC2004 I have copied the pub1.edb and pub...

Right mouse button usage (gone)
XP prof, office 2003, outlook. in the folders you can normally press the right botton after pointing to a mail and a submenu commes up to where you can put the mail on unread, delete and other functions. This works fine on my Desktop. However on my laptop it does not work on any of the normal mails and mail folders (except on the navigation bar). Spent some times searching the setup did't find it. Where can I switch on the right mouse menues again? It certainly is a simple question and I am sure the problem sits in front of the keyboard ;-} If you reboot the computer, does it w...

Information need on Event ID 3128 (MSExchangeMTA)
I got the following warning - Exchange 2003 Event ID: 3128 Source: MSExchangeMTA Description: An MTA database server error was encountered. [XAPI APPLICATION 26 253] (14) Is something to worry about? The MTA is up and running. Mail delivery is going on. -- Eric Sabo NT Administrator ...

How to pull back information(taxes,customer payment history)
Hello, We send GP customer bills using SOP transactions using e-connect once a month. I send them in Batches. GP calculates taxes for us. All is well and working. Question 1: How do I pull back taxes for the SOP items that have been posted for a given customer for a given month and product? I am going to use this tax information to generate our bills for the customers. Which requester object would you use for this? If not what tables should I directly pull this info from? Question 2: In the front end application, I am trying to build a screen where I dsiplay customer payment history,...

clipping text written from right to left (i.e. arabic)
Hi, In my application I have a CStatic control for displaying the text. It is created using flags SS_NOPREFIX | SS_LEFTNOWORDWRAP I replace the text that expands the end of line with 3 dots '...' . This works fine for languages written from left to right, but for those written from right to left (such as arabic) the dots are drawn at the right side, not at the left. Is this a bug or I am doing something wrong? regards hs >I replace the text that expands the end of line with 3 dots '...' . How? Are you using SS_WORDELLIPSIS or something you've written yourself? Your...

Pull Specific Data by Previous Month's Date (Date Entered via prom
Below is the table that houses the information (I'm just showing November and December 2007 for simplicity's sake.) Month Company Curr Month BV Amount Due ST Bal Correcting JE 11/1/2007 010 $211,532.48 $8,503.28 $37,697.89 $70,078.97 12/1/2007 010 $236,614.35 $9,023.38 $37,697.89 $70,078.97 I'd like to be able to have a query that will calculate the Curr Month BV from the Prev Month BV by specifying the date and will show you the Prev Month's BV from the date you specified in the prompt. For example: You run the ...

"Last Logged On By" showing inaccurate information (we think)
Environment: Windows 2003 SP1 Exchange 2003 SP2 McAffee/Groupshield w/exclusions Blackberry I am a domain admin and so is my Exchange administrator. Monday, I logged on at 8:38 am. My Exchange admin sends me a screenshot from System Manager showing that I accessed his mailbox, which I don't have permissions too, asking what was up. I know 100% that I did not try to open his calendar or any part of his mailbox. We have seen this with another set of accounts as well. This, of course, can be a problem if the System Manager shows bogus information for the wrong people. Has anyo...