pull down list appeared

I was typing a word into an Excel 2002 spreadsheet which was part of a
table. Not sure what I pressed, but a pull down menu appeared under the
cell of all the options I had previously typed in other cells in the
same column.

This is a bit like when you are typing a name in the 'To' field of
Outlook 2002 and a list appears of names you have previously entered.
What exactly did I press to get this?!

0
fjdx (12)

FJD

Tools>Options>Edit.  "Enable autocomplete for cell values"

If you have a contiguous list in the column above your entry point you will
get autocomplete.

If you right-click on the cell and select "pick from list" the drop-down
appears.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 23:30:53 +0000 (UTC), "FJDx"
<fjdx@giz15.SPAMMEDfreeserve.co.uk> wrote:

>I was typing a word into an Excel 2002 spreadsheet which was part of a
>table. Not sure what I pressed, but a pull down menu appeared under the
>cell of all the options I had previously typed in other cells in the
>same column.
>
>This is a bit like when you are typing a name in the 'To' field of
>Outlook 2002 and a list appears of names you have previously entered.
>What exactly did I press to get this?!

0
Gord

How can I add shared tasks to the Outllook to do list ?
I have an additional Shared mailbox in my outlook profile which I need to keep track of the tasks. Is there a way in which I can add the "shared tasks" to my outlook to do list? "mark" <mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EFE59F19-F7F2-4269-8281-BFC7A6C0D613@microsoft.com... >I have an additional Shared mailbox in my outlook profile which I need to > keep track of the tasks. Is there a way in which I can add the "shared > tasks" > to my outlook to do list? The To Do pane can show data only from your default fol...

Printing an Email Distribution List
Is there anyway to Print the members of a Distribution List that was created in the Global Address Book? Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you. ...

SORBS : Blocked List
Does anyone know of good Block List for emails that are free? I am trying to setup Exch2003 to block spam as much as possible. Thanks I found SORBS but am not sure what the proper settings are for this. Here is some of what they list. Do I configure this in the Ex2003 "Message Delivery" or DNS I would think Exchange, but I am not sure. If I type the addresses below I get an actual webpage, not a listed of blocked sites. How does this work. dnsbl.sorbs.net - Aggregate zone (contains all the following DNS zones) http.dnsbl.sorbs.net - List of Open HTTP Proxy Servers. ...

Off Topic: Pulling Hair Out
Want to have some fun? Search microsoft.public.pos on google groups for "hair." You'll get all of the posts about people pulling thier hair out. Hint: There's more than one page. ...

drop down list #8
Greetings; I am curious if any one out there knows how to the hide the values in a dropdown list. What I want to do is choose an entry from a list and based on the choice a different drop down list will show up in the same cell. I know how to create drop down lists that are dependant upon a previous selection (INDIRECT) but is it possible to do this all in the same cell. Or will I have to use two cells and format the first so the data is hidden? Hi C, See Debra Dalgleish's Dependent List, Data Validation page at: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html --- Regard...

creating special list boxs
hi, i've found an example of a special list box that only shows the lis when you click on the cell that is linked to the list. see file attached Monthly Expenses tried to examine the VBA code but its password protected, sent an mail to who i think is the owner but no reply can anyone help i've have tried reducing the file to below102kb to attach but unable t do so, if you require a copy perhaps you could e mail me and i'll sen it that way rather than on the forum thank you john ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.co...

2007
Hi! - I was hoping someone could help me please. Here's what I have. A worksheet that has several dates in a row. D1:T1, Of that range, I have conditional formatting set to highlight a date(s) either = to or within the next 7 days. I need to be able to pull the date next closest or equal to today. Can anyone help me out? Any help would be greatly appriecated. Shaun > I was hoping someone could help me please. Here's what I have. A > worksheet that has several dates in a row. D1:T1, Of that range, I > have conditional formatting set to highlight a date(s) either = to or...

Drop Down Lists
Hi there I want to use drop down lists so I don�t have to enter data into field time and time again. :mad: I have tried validation but cannot implement it correctly because cannot have a pre arranged list to choose from. Can you help? :confused: Cheer -- babi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- babiq's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2548 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38983 Yes you can, choose the List option and set it to the range, e.g. =A1:A10 -- HTH RP (remov...

List showing documents checked out by me
I'd like to know if this is possible, and if yes, how to set this up? I'd like a list/view that shows all files/documents that are checked out by [me], regardless of what subfolder it's located in within a document library. I use the phrase [me] because I want to setup this list so that it's available to all users of the site, and whenever a user clicks on this item then it shows the documents that they have checked out. I tried setting up this view in my document library, however the results depend on what folder/subfolder I'm in; hence it does not show me ...

Pull down menu
Hello, I am trying find a way to make a pull down menu in excel. I have a list of foods on one sheet in a workbook where all the nutrition information is stored per food type where the row indicates the food type and the columns indicate the nutrition info ie: Carbs, Protein, Fats, Calories etc. This sheet has roughly 300 or so food items listed in rows. How can I create a pull down menu in another cell on another worksheet as a method to select a food item from the food sheet? Any help is appreciated, Dave --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (...

Users with Email address not in All Users list
I have some users with Email addresses established (no mailbox) and would like to have them appear in the All Users recipient list. How would I do that? ...

Default Appearance
This keeps happening to me. I set up a very simple spread sheet to keep track of bowling scores--nothing fancy. When I bring up the sheet the next day the scores all say 12:00AM. This happens on more than one spreadsheet. I thought when I formatted cells or columns of cells to general or number, whatever, that it would stay that way. Am I missing something here? How are you typing the scores? Show us a few samples of your entries. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 22 May 2009 18:33:41 -0700, JimS <jimx22@msn.com> wrote: >This keeps happening to me. I set up a very simple s...

Alias/Distribution List Question
Hello, Presently, I have an distribution list called partners with 3 other people on it besides me. When I send an email to this alias called partners, I get a copy which in some cases can be annoying. I seem to recall a setting either in the DL creation or some other setting that allows you to turn this option off much like you can turn on/off options like OOFs being external, etc. Exchange is smart enough to know it was me that sent it and should know not to give me a copy if i don't request it. Any thoughts on this would be helpful. rgds, >R< Rick Segal ...

Outlook 2007
Hello, How do I make it so every time I compose a new e-mail message, BCC is always listed? Thanks "boe" <boe_d@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OHuCH0HnHHA.5052@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > How do I make it so every time I compose a new e-mail message, BCC is > always listed? > > Thanks > If you click on "Show BCC" then it should always show......AFAIK.... Thanks! "Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message news:O$p$s5HnHHA.3544@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > "boe" <boe_d@nos...

Distribution List on a GLobal Address List
In Exchange 2003 how do I add a Distrubution list on the Global Address list? I only know how to add it in outlook, but I need to create one on ther global. Thanks in advance On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 09:45:03 -0400, "Carlos" <palcar@gmail.com> wrote: >In Exchange 2003 how do I add a Distrubution list on the Global Address >list? I only know how to add it in outlook, but I need to create one on >ther global. > >Thanks in advance > Not sure what you are asking. Create the group in AD and mail-enable it and it should be visible by default. You do this v...

Create A Bar Graph from A List of Dates
Hi, I have a list of dates spread out over several years and would like to create a bar graph that shows how many of those dates occurred in each month. Can anyone recommend a way to do this? I will have to do this a number of times, so the more automated the process can be, the better. Thanks, George ghadley_00@yahoo.com Hi, You will need to calculate the number of dates in each year. Assuming your dates are in A2:A26 place years you want to count in column C. So for example place 2000 in C2, 2001 in C3 and so on till C9 contains 2007. In D2 enter the following formula =SUMPRODUCT(--(...

word cannot be pulled up
Do I need a updated version of word. Cannot bring up any word files now. 99 version. If you are saying that you cannot double-click to open Word documents, see http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/reregisterword.htm. Note that there is no "Word 99"; you need to look at Help | About Word to find out which version you are actually using. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "rentals" <rentals@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12565263-2B58-4C40-A0C3-192A933FF438@microsoft.com... > Do I need a updated version of word. Cannot br...

Building folder-list in Excel
Hey guys You have kindly helped me before, and I dare to consult you again. I want to make a Excel-list of all subfolders in folder - the path = value in cell A1. If there are no subfolders then a msgbox will appear "Folder dos'nt exist". Proberbly a simple VBA-trick - but I'm not that kind of magician ...so..will you please help me again? Best regards Snoopy Option Explicit Private cnt As Long Private arfiles Private level As Long Sub Folders() Dim i As Long Dim sFolder As String Dim iStart As Long Dim iEnd As Long Dim fOutline As Boolean arfiles = Array() cnt = ...

Excel 03 DB query pulls data in wrong order, how to resolve?
New user to Excel DB queries. Have set up DB and query, however query does not import DB in the column-order of the query. This worked fine the past couple months. Dont understand why it wont work this month. Have re-created query and the problem still exists. Cant find any information on how to troubleshoot this issue. Thanks for your help. Data>Import External Data>Data Range Properties Uncheck Preserve column sort/filter/layout Does that help? -- Regards, Ron ...

Team email list updates
Hi guys, I have a user who uses team email feature to send emails to her team members from Outlook 2010. It works well, except that they got a new employee and she complains that the team email list has not been updated with the new employee for a week now. I found that it is possible to update (change) the list manually, but don't want to start doing it for all users on the system. It would be nice to now if there is anything I can do globally on MS Exchange or to script and apply thru GPO to make (force) these lists to update regularly. The user in question used OL in online mode for s...

Italics in drop-down lists
Any idea how I can get some (but not all) text in a drop-down list entry to be italic? The entry might be "streptococcal bacterium" where "streptococcal" is italic but "bacterium" is not. Presumably I'll have to populate the entry from somewhere that gives a cue about where the italic begins and ends, maybe like so: <i>streptococcal</i> bacterium but how do I then present it within the list with italic formatting? TIA --larry Larry Sulky wrote: > Any idea how I can get some (but not all) text in a drop-down list > entry...

Pull unposted quick journal entries into FRx reports
After saving a quick entry, it would nice if this data would appear on the FRx reports when run for posted and uposted data. The Frx report pulls all other items pending posting in the GL, but not the quick entries. I would love to set up quick entries, but I need to see the entries real time, prior to posting. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion...

blinking box around cursor appears at start-up
Every time I open a new document, there is a blinking colored box around my cursor. How can I make it go away permanently? I may be off track, but give this a whirl: Start > Control Panel > Accessibility Options Go to the Display tab. Ensure your Cursor Options Width is all the way to the left on the slide. Gil "sdkjanus" wrote: > Every time I open a new document, there is a blinking colored box around my > cursor. How can I make it go away permanently? ...

Old messages appearing
In the past week, one user (no one else) has been receiving messages from 2 months ago. The same user reports recipients receiving messages now that were sent by her 2 months ago. This is happening at a rate of 1 or 2 per day. Each old message causes confusion because they are dated with the current date but the business is old. How can I troubleshoot this? -- Thanks. Sammie SBS 2003, OFFICE 2003, XP-PRO-SP3, IE8 Hello Sammie, Thanks for your post. Based on my experience and research, this issue occasionally occur when there are some mails stick in SMTP queues or ...

Repeater and XML Node List
Alrighty, so if I have an XmlNodeList as the data source for a repeater, in my repeater, I would like to do things like: <%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "ChildNodes[0].InnerText") %> But everytime I do it says stuff like: 'System.Xml.XmlChildNodes' does not allow indexed access. Of course, it's perfectly happy to use FirstChild.NextSibling.InnerText, but I'd like to use indexed methods or properties, but it does not seem to work. Here is sample code: <%@ Page Language="C#" autoEventWireup="false"%> <%@ Import Namespa...