Protection removed by copying

I have created a workbook with password protected sheets
and protected workbook but when I copy the sheets into a
new workbook the protection is removed. This kind of
defeats the objective of password protection doesn't it?.
How can I preserve the protection so that when a user
copies a sheet using either Edit/Copy or Ctrl+C the
protection is retained or it is possible to disable the
copy command?
David
0
anonymous (74718)

Hi David

If you copy the whole sheet to a new workbook the protection remain
But not if you copy only the cells to a other workbook

> How can I preserve the protection so that when a user
> copies a sheet using either Edit/Copy or Ctrl+C the
> protection is retained or it is possible to disable the
> copy command?

You can do this with code but if the user disacle macro's it is not working
There is no Safe way to avoid this

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"David" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18b301c4aa5f$3662dbc0$7d02280a@phx.gbl...
>I have created a workbook with password protected sheets
> and protected workbook but when I copy the sheets into a
> new workbook the protection is removed. This kind of
> defeats the objective of password protection doesn't it?.
> How can I preserve the protection so that when a user
> copies a sheet using either Edit/Copy or Ctrl+C the
> protection is retained or it is possible to disable the
> copy command?
> David

0
rondebruin (3789)
10/4/2004 10:20:57 PM
I don't think you can make the workbook secure. You can disable the Copy >
Paste function, or any other function with VB code, but if the user chooses
to open with macros disabled they can do as they wish.
You can design a sheet so that its useless if macros are not enabled on
opening, as I myself have done, but its only effective with people that
don't have the desire or the knowledge to crack it. Anyone who does will do
so in no time at all.
Basically Excel protection isn't designed for security, more for preventing
mistakes like overwriting a formula with a value etc.
Regards,
"David" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have created a workbook with password protected sheets
> and protected workbook but when I copy the sheets into a
> new workbook the protection is removed. This kind of
> defeats the objective of password protection doesn't it?.
> How can I preserve the protection so that when a user
> copies a sheet using either Edit/Copy or Ctrl+C the
> protection is retained or it is possible to disable the
> copy command?
> David

0
alan111 (581)
10/4/2004 10:27:58 PM
Hi Ron
I am using Excel 2000 and protection does not remain when
I copy whole sheet to new workbook - seems no point in
using protection.
If I insert code that requies a password to open the
workbook can the user disable this?
David

0
anonymous (74718)
10/4/2004 10:35:53 PM
You copied the sheets and the protection was removed????

I've never seen xl behave this way.  What version are you using?

Copying the cells, then pasting avoids the protection completely--but if you
lock the cells and hide the formulas (under format|cells|protection), then when
you copy the locked cells from a protected worksheet, the paste will result in
values--not formulas.

And J.E. McGimpsey has code that'll unprotect your worksheet within moments:
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html

I think that protecting a worksheet is used to lock cells to stop data entry
errors--It's not a security measure.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

How did you copy the sheets while the workbook was protected?

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 18:10:56 -0500, Dave Peterson <ec35720@msn.com> wrote:

>You copied the sheets and the protection was removed????
>
>I've never seen xl behave this way.  What version are you using?
>
>Copying the cells, then pasting avoids the protection completely--but if you
>lock the cells and hide the formulas (under format|cells|protection), then when
>you copy the locked cells from a protected worksheet, the paste will result in
>values--not formulas.
>

>And J.E. McGimpsey has code that'll unprotect your worksheet within moments:
>http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html
>
>I think that protecting a worksheet is used to lock cells to stop data entry
>errors--It's not a security measure.
>

>David wrote:
>>
>> I have created a workbook with password protected sheets
>> and protected workbook but when I copy the sheets into a
>> new workbook the protection is removed. This kind of
>> defeats the objective of password protection doesn't it?.
>> How can I preserve the protection so that when a user
>> copies a sheet using either Edit/Copy or Ctrl+C the
>> protection is retained or it is possible to disable the
>> copy command?
>> David

0
Gord
10/5/2004 1:09:04 AM
<Ctrl> <A>
<Ctrl> <C>
Doesn't that work for you Gord?
--

Regards,

RD

Also.

How did you copy the sheets while the workbook was protected?

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 18:10:56 -0500, Dave Peterson <ec35720@msn.com> wrote:

>You copied the sheets and the protection was removed????
>
>I've never seen xl behave this way.  What version are you using?
>
>Copying the cells, then pasting avoids the protection completely--but if
you
>lock the cells and hide the formulas (under format|cells|protection), then
when
>you copy the locked cells from a protected worksheet, the paste will result
in
>values--not formulas.
>

>And J.E. McGimpsey has code that'll unprotect your worksheet within
moments:
>http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html
>
>I think that protecting a worksheet is used to lock cells to stop data
entry
>errors--It's not a security measure.
>

>David wrote:
>>
>> I have created a workbook with password protected sheets
>> and protected workbook but when I copy the sheets into a
>> new workbook the protection is removed. This kind of
>> defeats the objective of password protection doesn't it?.
>> How can I preserve the protection so that when a user
>> copies a sheet using either Edit/Copy or Ctrl+C the
>> protection is retained or it is possible to disable the
>> copy command?
>> David

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
10/5/2004 1:33:52 AM
I bet Gord was trying to find out if the worksheet was copied or the cells on
the worksheet were copied|pasted.

I've never seen xl lose the protection if the worksheet itself is copied.

Edit|move or copy sheet
(or rightclicking on the worksheet tab).

(I was less than clear in my post.)

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Regards,

Anand.R. :

--
anand13
anand132's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1501

Hi
I am using Excel 2000. If I do Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C, then
Ctrl+V into a new workbook, the protection is removed. It
does not seem to matter whether the whole sheet is locked
or certain cells.
I think you are right about protection being intended to
stop data entry -what I was wanting to do is to secure
the content so I can sell the file I have created and
protect my intellectual property to some degree.
David

-------------
>> Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so
all may benefit!
------------

<ec35720@msn.com> wrote:

>> >You copied the sheets and the protection was
removed????

>> >I've never seen xl behave this way.  What version are
you using?

>> >Copying the cells, then pasting avoids the protection
completely--but if
>> you
>> >lock the cells and hide the formulas (under
format|cells|protection), then
>> when
>> >you copy the locked cells from a protected worksheet,
the paste will result
>> in
>> >values--not formulas.
>> >

>> >And J.E. McGimpsey has code that'll unprotect your
worksheet within
>> moments:
>> >http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html
>> >
>> >I think that protecting a worksheet is used to lock
cells to stop data
>> entry
>> >errors--It's not a security measure.

sheets
into a
doesn't it?.
user
the

>--
>
>Dave Peterson
>ec35720@msn.com
>.

0
anonymous (74718)
10/5/2004 1:18:15 PM
Sorry I forgot to say that the formulas are not copied so
in effect the sheet is not functional but the other
content is unprotected
David

-
-
>------------
>>>
>>> "Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote in message
>>> Also.
>>>
>>> How did you copy the sheets while the workbook was
>protected?
>>>
>>> Gord Dibben Excel MVP

>removed????

are
>you using?

protection
>completely--but if
>>> you
>format|cells|protection), then
>>> when
worksheet,
>the paste will result
>>> in

>worksheet within
>>> moments:

>cells to stop data
>>> entry

>sheets
>into a
of
>doesn't it?.
>user
disable
>the
>>
>>--
>>
>>Dave Peterson
>>ec35720@msn.com
>>.
>>
>.

0
anonymous (74718)
10/5/2004 1:27:05 PM
Hi David

If you use Ctrl-A to select and Ctrl-C to copy then you copy only cells
and not the worksheet.

If you copy the worksheet(right click on a sheet tab and use "Move and copy)
then you copy the whole sheet with the protection

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21aa01c4aa62$81f5e7f0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
> Hi Ron
> I am using Excel 2000 and protection does not remain when
> I copy whole sheet to new workbook - seems no point in
> using protection.
> If I insert code that requies a password to open the
> workbook can the user disable this?
> David

0
rondebruin (3789)
10/5/2004 3:19:39 PM
>If you copy the worksheet(right click on a sheet tab and use "Move and copy)
>then you copy the whole sheet with the protection

If the workbook is not protected, yes.

David stated in original post that workbook protection was enabled.

Gord

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 17:19:39 +0200, "Ron de Bruin" <rondebruin@kabelfoon.nl>
wrote:

>Hi David
>
>If you use Ctrl-A to select and Ctrl-C to copy then you copy only cells
>and not the worksheet.

0
Gord
10/5/2004 5:13:01 PM
Sure does, but that is not copying the sheet.

That is copying the cells.

Gord

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 18:33:52 -0700, "RagDyer" <ragdyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote:

><Ctrl> <A>
><Ctrl> <C>
>Doesn't that work for you Gord?

0
Gord
10/5/2004 5:13:55 PM
>David stated in original post that workbook protection was enabled.

Thanks Gord

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote in message news:fdl5m0pqpa0l0e2p114us4t75inqe51e17@4ax.com...
> >If you copy the worksheet(right click on a sheet tab and use "Move and copy)
>>then you copy the whole sheet with the protection
>
> If the workbook is not protected, yes.
>
> David stated in original post that workbook protection was enabled.
>
> Gord
>
> On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 17:19:39 +0200, "Ron de Bruin" <rondebruin@kabelfoon.nl>
> wrote:
>
>>Hi David
>>
>>If you use Ctrl-A to select and Ctrl-C to copy then you copy only cells
>>and not the worksheet.

0
rondebruin (3789)
10/5/2004 5:17:23 PM
Correction to query.

If "Windows" and not "Structure" is selected when applying Workbook Protection
the sheet can copied.

Gord

On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 18:09:04 -0700, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote:

>Also.
>
>How did you copy the sheets while the workbook was protected?
>
>Gord Dibben Excel MVP
>
>On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 18:10:56 -0500, Dave Peterson <ec35720@msn.com> wrote:
>
>>You copied the sheets and the protection was removed????
>>
>>I've never seen xl behave this way.  What version are you using?
>>
>>Copying the cells, then pasting avoids the protection completely--but if you
>>lock the cells and hide the formulas (under format|cells|protection), then when
>>you copy the locked cells from a protected worksheet, the paste will result in
>>values--not formulas.
>>

>>And J.E. McGimpsey has code that'll unprotect your worksheet within moments:
>>http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html
>>
>>I think that protecting a worksheet is used to lock cells to stop data entry
>>errors--It's not a security measure.
>>

>>David wrote:
>>>
>>> I have created a workbook with password protected sheets
>>> and protected workbook but when I copy the sheets into a
>>> new workbook the protection is removed. This kind of
>>> defeats the objective of password protection doesn't it?.
>>> How can I preserve the protection so that when a user
>>> copies a sheet using either Edit/Copy or Ctrl+C the
>>> protection is retained or it is possible to disable the
>>> copy command?
>>> David

0
Gord
10/5/2004 5:43:56 PM
Anand
I had the Workbook protected and you are right the Insert,
Delete, Rename, Move and Copy commands are all greyed out
but the Ctrl+C command still copies the sheet and removes
the protection. It does not however, copy the formula but
it was the content rather than the formula that I was
hoping to protect - any ideas? Can I disable the Ctrl+C
and Ctrl+V command?
David

Tools>>Protection>>Protect
>Workbook and type in a formula. Make sure "Structure" is
checked.
>You'll find the options disabled when you right click
over the name

--------------
>anand132's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?
action=getinfo&userid=15012
>View this thread:
>
>.

0
anonymous (74718)
10/5/2004 7:18:11 PM
You can try to disable the ctrl-c/ctrl-v shortcuts, but I'd bet anything you
devised would be macro based.

And if the user choses to disable macros, then your efforts will be wasted.

And as you saw in that link to J.E. McGimpsey's site, workbook and worksheet
protection isn't made for this kind of security.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Regards,

RD

Sure does, but that is not copying the sheet.

That is copying the cells.

Gord

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 18:33:52 -0700, "RagDyer" <ragdyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote:

><Ctrl> <A>
><Ctrl> <C>
>Doesn't that work for you Gord?

0
ragdyer1 (4060)

Password Protect Outlook #2
I work in an offcie environment and sometimes have to leave my PC unattended for just a few minutes. Unfortunately some confidential emails have been read by my staff and I need a way of safeguarding them other than turning off the PC, is there any way I can password protect access into my Outlook 2000, so all I do is close Outlook. (Sorry still operating under W95) Many thanks You can set a password on a Personal Folders File. If the folder list isn't visible in Outlook, click View | Folder List. Right-click the root folder (usually "Personal Folders" or "Outlook T...

protecting outlined data
I want to be able to use the expand/collapse function in outlines when the worksheet is protected. Copy this macro in a normal module It will run automatic when you open the workbook You can also use the workbook open event Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="rbelecki", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableOutlining = True End With End Sub Look in the VBA help for more information about protect(userinterfaceonly) -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "rbelecki" <rbelecki@l...

How to prevent email addresses from becoming hyperlinks, and removing hyperlink
One of the columns in my SS contains just email addresses. How can I prevent Excel from converting them to hyperlinks after I double-click on a cell then move to another cell by pressing Enter or by mouse-clicking on the new cell? Also I can remove an single hyperlink by right-clicking on it and choosing Remove Hyperlink. But I can't see a way of removing all the hyperlinks in a column at once. For both issues, I've checked Tools/Customize and Tools/Options for a clue. Maybe I missed something. Thanks for your help. In xl2003 menus: Tools|Autocorrect options|Autoformat as yo...

Copying the "My XXXX" View
Does anyone know if it is possible to create a custom view using the same logic as the "My XXXX" Views (for example My Opportunities, My Accounts, etc...views). I basically want to create a custom view that simply says display only those records where ownerid = user logged in. Any ideas? Thanks for the help! Create your new View via the customisation menu in the normal way. Click on "Filter Criteria" - select in the first column 'OWNER' and then in the condition column change the defualt from 'equals' to "Equals Current User". Guy. "M...

Publisher 2003-remove margins
I'm running Publisher 2003 and am new to it but am familiar with most other major graphics apps. My question is this: if I set my paper up to 8.5x11 landscape and design my tri-fold to go all the way to the edge of the artboard, do a print preview, it cuts the edge off. It's as if there's a set margin that it's not letting me print in. Is there not a way to create a publication to full bleed in this app like I can in Illustrator? Thanks for any help! Buster Does your printer allow full bleed? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Blankman" <none@micro...

How do I preserve text boxes in a chart during copy/paste?
When I copy and paste a chart into Word, the text boxes on the chart get cut off. Only some of the text copies. One solution is to use a program like SnagIt from www.techsmith.com and do screen capture of the chart, save as a gif file and import that into Word Robert Flanagan http://www.add-ins.com Productivity add-ins and downloadable books on VB macros for Excel "RachelG" <RachelG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C9768377-D6C2-465D-B855-8133699767C0@microsoft.com... > When I copy and paste a chart into Word, the text boxes on the chart get > cut &...

Quicken Password protected
I just got Money 2004 Deluxe, I am trying to import my data from Quicken and the program says there is a password for my quicken account that is required, but I never had a password. No way to get past this. Any ideas? If your data file is Q04, Money04 can only deal with Q03 or older. Otherwise, who knows? "Stephen Weiss" <stephenaweiss@comcast.net> wrote in message news:012f01c3cb22$9a957ac0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I just got Money 2004 Deluxe, I am trying to import my > data from Quicken and the program says there is a password > for my quicken account that is req...

How to protect 2. axis in an Excel Chart to stay if data changes
A Pivot table is created on Tab1 in an Excel workbook. On Tab2 there is a Line Chart created with data from Tab 1 using 2 axis. If data in Tab1 change the 2nd axis on Tab 2 disappears, jumps ober and overrules axis 1. How can I protect chart area with 2 axis being able to change referring data in the pivot table. ...

Password protection on split database
I have a database which is split into front end and back end. The front end is password protected but the backend isn't Is it possible to protect both with the same password? I've tried protecting the backend with a password but when I open the front end it can't "see" the backend. Any ideas? Thanks Tony Put a password on the backend, then, after opening the front-end, use the Linked Table Manager to update the links (just like you would if you had moved the backend). You should be prompted for the 'missing' password during this process. You should only...

Copy a worksheet in lotus notes...
Hello everybody, I'm trying to copy a sheet in a Notes email by macro using VBA with Excel. I manage to create the memo, fill the "send to" field and the subject. I tried this command .FieldSetText("Body", MyWorksheet) but it requires a String. Does somebody know how to do it ? Thanks for your help. Lycaon Look here Sending mail from Lotus Notes (XL-Dennis) http://www.excelkb.com/?cNode=1X5M7A -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Lycaon" <tristan.pochat@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1168242221.070386.160990@...

Protection
Hi everyone OK my problem is I am using an offie computer that everyone has access to and we cannot - and do not want to - change this. Is there a way that I can put a password for my profile on Microsoft outlook so that no one can read the new AND the old messages found in my inbox? You can put a password on your PST file, presuming you use a PST file... Emad Kamel wrote: > Hi everyone, > OK my problem is I am using an offie computer that everyone has > access to and we cannot - and do not want to - change this. Is there > a way that I can put a password for my profile on Micr...

Removing ADC #2
Exchange 2000 SP3/Windows 2000 SP4 environment. I want to go native and have done everything except uninstall the ADC. When I try to remove the ADC, I get a "Network Path Not Found" and uninstall is unsuccessful. Is there someway I can manually uninstall it? Thanks, C Once you remove the Site Replication Service from your Exchange 2000/2003 server, you should be able to switch to native mode. If you can live with just stopping the ADC service and disabling it (and you can switch to native mode), then perhaps it is best just to leave it at that. -- Jim McBee Web: http://www...

CANNOT PROTECT
Trying to password and read only protect a Microsoft Word docuement that is embedded in Excel. When I open the "protected" document, the read-only prompt does not appear...and I can still make changes and close the docuement. HELP! Try this: create the document directly in word, protect it and save it to disk. Then copy the text you want and past it special as an OLE object in excel Peter ...

How to remove extra (defunct) Exchange Server from server list
We had installed a 2nd Exchange 2007 server into our existing 1-Ex2007/1-Ex2000 organization. We've since taken the second Ex2007 server offline. However, it's still showing up in the Exchange console under Server Config -> Hub Transport, and when running the 'get-ExchangeServer' cmdlet: Name Site ServerRole Edition AdminDisplayVersion ---- ---- ---------- ------- -------------- Ex2000 None Enterprise Version 6.0... Ex2007-1 Default-First-Sit....

quick copy worksheet into other sheets in same workbook
I am wanting to copy a worksheet that is set up to show student results, targets and achievements into approximately 150 other worksheets in the same workbook. Is there a quick way of doing this other than copying and pasting? I want formats, colours and column widths etc to stay the same. In other words I want to produce about 150 identical copies of my layout as quickly as possible with the minimum of effort. I am using Excel 2003. Thanks in advance for any help and advice offered Right-click on the worksheet tab and select "Move or Copy", then use the dialog box that appear...

Remove Button from toolbar
Hi all, is it possible to remove standard buttons from the toolbars? I want to implement the 'Send Email' function by myself so the user can decide for each mail if the system should add a tracking token. Therefore I need to remove the original 'send' button from the toolbars and menues. Is that possible? Regards, Stefan Sachs OK, I just found this article: http://www.tconv.com/blogs/crm3tips/2006/03/modifying-standard-toolbars-in.html. I guess that approach would work but I was hoping for a 'cleaner' solution. Any other suggestions? Regards, Stefan Sachs ...

How to protect cells?
I would like to protect a range of cells (A2:D24) with a password for a group of users that would make changes to cells in this range. Then on the same sheet, also protect a range of cells (E2:E24) from everyone but me. Is this possible? Thanks. Mark, Please don't multipost. See the thread in .programming. John "Mark F." <m7829@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:FSzQb.10797$6o4.894@fe2.texas.rr.com... > I would like to protect a range of cells (A2:D24) with a password for a > group of users that would make changes to cells in this range. Then on > the same she...

Spreadsheet password protection
How do you password protect a spreadsheet. I can't find anything in the help section. You can prevent un authorised access by giving a password to open the workbook itself, so that no one else can open it (Go to Tools, Options and then Security Tab). You can do it there if you have already saved the file, or you can go to "save as" then "Tools" and "General Options" where you can give password. On the other hand you can protect work sheets and ranges for different people by using "Tools" and then "Protection" Tab -- M Imran Buha...

How to Activate "Show all" in a Protected Shared Workbook
Hi, I created a protected and shared workbook in Excel 2003 ,the default Filter Option is "Auto Filter" how can I use the "Show All" in Filtering.? even I unchecked the "Filter Settings" in "Tools-> Share Workbook -> Advanced -> Include Personal View " but it did not work. Thanks. You can't. If the workbook were not shared, then you could create your own macro that unprotects the worksheet, does the showall and reprotects the worksheet. But with the workbook shared, you can't change the protection of a shee...

Password protected sheet access
I have a spreadsheet protected with a unknown password. How do I access this sheet? Ps: the "read only" option is not available. Thanks, Rivane. Hi Rivane Is this the password for opening the file, or the one for unlocking locked cells in the already open sheet ? Best wishes Harald Excel MVP Followup to newsgroup only please. "Rivane Cardim" <rivane.cardim@exxonmobil.com> wrote in message news:0a8801c35dae$a03275a0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have a spreadsheet protected with a unknown password. > How do I access this sheet? > > Ps: the "read only...

Copy Record
I have a form with a subform. I want to copy information in the main form (at the top) from a previous record. When I use the wizard to duplicate a record, all I get is a blank record as if I clicked on New Record. The copied record should generate a new ID and the subform should be blank ready to key in new data. Is there something I'm doing wrong or can you not copy a record that has a subform? Thanks! JS ...

Protecting a Worksheet
Does anybody know how to protect a workbook so that a user CANNOT unhide a sheet, CANNOT add rows to the viewable sheet, CANNOT alter locked cells, but CAN add text to a comments column which will expand and Wrap text as the comments increase in size? I understand how to protect/unprotect locked cells, but I cannot find the right combination for the above functionality. Is it even possible? Any help is greatly appreciated. Jeff When a _Workbook_ is protected (Tools, Protection, Protect Workbook, Structure) sheets cannot be unhidden. When a _Worksheet_ is protected locked cells ca...

multiple copies of messages
same messages appearing in more than 1 account How do you turn this off? And those accounts would be... - Pop3, Http, Imap ? - Hotmail, your isp account(specify), Yahoo, Gmail, etc ? -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "IHCBLUE" <IHCBLUE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:441ED7F1-65CF-414E-A044-2D29DF28C908@microsoft.com... > same messages appearing in more than 1 account How do you turn this off? ...

Formating text in colums to copy to other applications
Hi, any help would be greatly received. What I am trying to achieve is to format text in order for me to cu and paste into other applications. The text contains the item description in one column and the price i another column, however when I highlight and copy then paste into th application in work the columns are not formatted correctly and th price column is all over the place. e..g how I want it to look price of item code 1234 (spanner) �63.00 price of item code 23 (hammer) �29.00 price of item code 9 (o/s) �26.13 e.g how it actually looks price of item code 1234 (spanner) �63.00...

Removing hyperlinks in bulk
A worksheet I prepared contains a lot of hyperlinks. (I pasted some cells in from a web site.) I can see how to remove each one individually with R-click > Hyperlink > Remove Hyperlink. But so far haven't found a way to do it for an entire column, or the whole sheet. Working with the sheet is awkward, as I often inadvertently open a link in my browser when all I want to do is copy the text in that cell. -- Terry, West Sussex, UK Select any blank cell and "Copy" it. Then select all of your hyperlinks that you want to replace (or columns, or worksheet). Then select &qu...