Protection question

hi

how i can protect the unlocked cells against replacing each other(whe
holding mouse cleck and move a cell to another)??

thanx in advanc

Hi
you can't (at least not without VBA / event code)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"autocad >" <<autocad.1bnqfc@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:autocad.1bnqfc@excelforum-nospam.com...
> hi
>
> how i can protect the unlocked cells against replacing each
other(when
> holding mouse cleck and move a cell to another)??
>
> thanx in advance
>

> ---

frank.kabel (11126)
8/27/2004 9:24:49 PM
If it's just for you, maybe you could turn off drag and drop.

Tools|Options|Edit tab
Uncheck "allow cell drag and drop"

"autocad <" wrote:

> hi
>
> how i can protect the unlocked cells against replacing each other(when
> holding mouse cleck and move a cell to another)??
>
> thanx in advance
>
> ---

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)

Pivot Charts
Hi all, I'd like my pivot chart to do 2 things: 1) If I select an item from one of my page field dropdowns, I'd like the dropdown items on another page field to filter according to what was selected. Example: if the first page field is "Teams" and I choose a team from the list, I want the other page field "Players" to offer only the players from that team. Possible? 2) I used the macro recorder to automatically replace one data item in the pivot chart with another. Example (football): I assigned a macro to a button called "Pass Attempts", which will...

Password Protect Outlook #2
I work in an offcie environment and sometimes have to leave my PC unattended for just a few minutes. Unfortunately some confidential emails have been read by my staff and I need a way of safeguarding them other than turning off the PC, is there any way I can password protect access into my Outlook 2000, so all I do is close Outlook. (Sorry still operating under W95) Many thanks You can set a password on a Personal Folders File. If the folder list isn't visible in Outlook, click View | Folder List. Right-click the root folder (usually "Personal Folders" or "Outlook T...

protecting outlined data
I want to be able to use the expand/collapse function in outlines when the worksheet is protected. Copy this macro in a normal module It will run automatic when you open the workbook You can also use the workbook open event Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="rbelecki", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableOutlining = True End With End Sub Look in the VBA help for more information about protect(userinterfaceonly) -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "rbelecki" <rbelecki@l...

Quicken Password protected
I just got Money 2004 Deluxe, I am trying to import my data from Quicken and the program says there is a password for my quicken account that is required, but I never had a password. No way to get past this. Any ideas? If your data file is Q04, Money04 can only deal with Q03 or older. Otherwise, who knows? "Stephen Weiss" <stephenaweiss@comcast.net> wrote in message news:012f01c3cb22$9a957ac0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I just got Money 2004 Deluxe, I am trying to import my > data from Quicken and the program says there is a password > for my quicken account that is req...

formula question #8
Hi, Well I've looked in my excel books and I have excel for dummies (and yes I need it) :-), I am sure there must be a way and have tried several things hoping to hit on the right one. I want a result in one cell, reliant upon two different cells having a $amount over zero. I tried this formula but it only comes back with the word "true" or "false" and only works for one cell with an amount over zero. =OR((D4>0)*(G4>0),'TDBonus'!K3,0). In other words if D4 is more than zero or G4 is more than zero, then I want the cell to display what is on another ...

How to protect 2. axis in an Excel Chart to stay if data changes
A Pivot table is created on Tab1 in an Excel workbook. On Tab2 there is a Line Chart created with data from Tab 1 using 2 axis. If data in Tab1 change the 2nd axis on Tab 2 disappears, jumps ober and overrules axis 1. How can I protect chart area with 2 axis being able to change referring data in the pivot table. ...

Password protection on split database
I have a database which is split into front end and back end. The front end is password protected but the backend isn't Is it possible to protect both with the same password? I've tried protecting the backend with a password but when I open the front end it can't "see" the backend. Any ideas? Thanks Tony Put a password on the backend, then, after opening the front-end, use the Linked Table Manager to update the links (just like you would if you had moved the backend). You should be prompted for the 'missing' password during this process. You should only...

Protection
Hi everyone OK my problem is I am using an offie computer that everyone has access to and we cannot - and do not want to - change this. Is there a way that I can put a password for my profile on Microsoft outlook so that no one can read the new AND the old messages found in my inbox? You can put a password on your PST file, presuming you use a PST file... Emad Kamel wrote: > Hi everyone, > OK my problem is I am using an offie computer that everyone has > access to and we cannot - and do not want to - change this. Is there > a way that I can put a password for my profile on Micr...

CANNOT PROTECT
Trying to password and read only protect a Microsoft Word docuement that is embedded in Excel. When I open the "protected" document, the read-only prompt does not appear...and I can still make changes and close the docuement. HELP! Try this: create the document directly in word, protect it and save it to disk. Then copy the text you want and past it special as an OLE object in excel Peter ...

How to protect cells?
I would like to protect a range of cells (A2:D24) with a password for a group of users that would make changes to cells in this range. Then on the same sheet, also protect a range of cells (E2:E24) from everyone but me. Is this possible? Thanks. Mark, Please don't multipost. See the thread in .programming. John "Mark F." <m7829@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:FSzQb.10797$6o4.894@fe2.texas.rr.com... > I would like to protect a range of cells (A2:D24) with a password for a > group of users that would make changes to cells in this range. Then on > the same she...

Spreadsheet password protection
How do you password protect a spreadsheet. I can't find anything in the help section. You can prevent un authorised access by giving a password to open the workbook itself, so that no one else can open it (Go to Tools, Options and then Security Tab). You can do it there if you have already saved the file, or you can go to "save as" then "Tools" and "General Options" where you can give password. On the other hand you can protect work sheets and ranges for different people by using "Tools" and then "Protection" Tab -- M Imran Buha...

answering my own question...thanks anyway
Answer to my most recent question on xpath: //*[@name="whatever"] thanks anyway. Kathy *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it! ...

How to Activate "Show all" in a Protected Shared Workbook
Hi, I created a protected and shared workbook in Excel 2003 ,the default Filter Option is "Auto Filter" how can I use the "Show All" in Filtering.? even I unchecked the "Filter Settings" in "Tools-> Share Workbook -> Advanced -> Include Personal View " but it did not work. Thanks. You can't. If the workbook were not shared, then you could create your own macro that unprotects the worksheet, does the showall and reprotects the worksheet. But with the workbook shared, you can't change the protection of a shee...

Password protected sheet access
I have a spreadsheet protected with a unknown password. How do I access this sheet? Ps: the "read only" option is not available. Thanks, Rivane. Hi Rivane Is this the password for opening the file, or the one for unlocking locked cells in the already open sheet ? Best wishes Harald Excel MVP Followup to newsgroup only please. "Rivane Cardim" <rivane.cardim@exxonmobil.com> wrote in message news:0a8801c35dae$a03275a0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have a spreadsheet protected with a unknown password. > How do I access this sheet? > > Ps: the "read only...

questions about ASCII characters
Hi, I use control derived from CEdit class. I have ASCII text buffer where are stored printable and non-printable characters, every byte is one character, no multibyte characters. I'd like to display this buffer in my derived CEdit control. First questions I have question about ASCII character charts in msdn doc: 1. There are some "pictures" in non-printable ASCII codes, does belong these "pictures" to ASCII standard ? Or on other system with different language settings will be these characters displayed differently ? If it is standard what is needed to set in my ...

Pivot Table questions #3
Okay, I'm not that new to Pivot Tables, but normally when I create them, I just live with what I can't figure out. Now I'm wanting to really create some very specific ones. I need two pivot tables that I will be printing essentially as reports. My data looks like this. Store Item Size Qty Price Extension 1 ABC 32 2 9.00 18.00 1 ABC 34 2 9.00 18.00 1 AXX 32 1 10.00 10.00 2 ABC 32 1 9.00 9.00 Okay, what I want is Pivot table that looks like this: Item Size Price Extension 32 34 ABC 3 2 9.00 45.00 AXX 1 10.00 10.00 Total 55.00 So...

Outlook Contacts Question
Is there a way to creat a field in outlook that has the same type of setup like the annivesary field that puts a reminder in the calander. What i woudl like to do is in a particular contact i woudl like to ad a date field called Purchase date. Have an outlook calander appointment reminding me of that. Not without writing code to duplicate the functionality of the anniversary and birthday fields. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Rod...

Protecting a Worksheet
Does anybody know how to protect a workbook so that a user CANNOT unhide a sheet, CANNOT add rows to the viewable sheet, CANNOT alter locked cells, but CAN add text to a comments column which will expand and Wrap text as the comments increase in size? I understand how to protect/unprotect locked cells, but I cannot find the right combination for the above functionality. Is it even possible? Any help is greatly appreciated. Jeff When a _Workbook_ is protected (Tools, Protection, Protect Workbook, Structure) sheets cannot be unhidden. When a _Worksheet_ is protected locked cells ca...

Excel Sheet Protection
I am trying to protect a spreadsheet from any editing, while allowing the user to use the autofilter and sorting function. I tried checking the "Use AutoFilter" and "Sort" checkboxes in the Protect Sheet dialog box to protect the document. It does allow you to filter records based on selecting a value from the drop down list box of the autofilter, but it does not allow me to sort. Please help! If you have locked cells that are in the range to sort, then checking that box in the tools|Protection|protect sheet dialog won't work for you. You may want to provid...

Question about INI files
How do you write a comment line to an ini file? ; This is a comment Thanks As far as I know there is no way to do it with standard functions. You will need some wrapper to handle this task, which will load whole file, parse it, handle your read\write requests, and then flash it back to disk. Igor Green [url]http://www.grigsoft.com/[/url] Compare It! + Synchronize It! - files and folders comparison never was easier! -- grigsoft ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Posted via http://www.codecomments.com -------------------------------------------------...

a hurry question
I build up a SID. and base on CHtmlView.i draw CSplitterWnd,and draw to htmlview on it. two htmlview load to html now i want when one html roll then another roll synchronous,how to do my problem 1.how to capture the message "scroll the page ", i set a message function to deal WM_HSCROLL and WM_VSCROLL, but it dones't work 2.how to set the position of the page in the htmlview please give me code as possable as you ca thank you ...

protect a protected worksheet
I have got one Excel sheet which is password protected some of the users know the password , i dont want to allow these users to change some of the columns of the work sheet..but it should be open for me.. Maybe look into just protecting the cells that you do not want to be edited by anyone else. Password protecting a worksheet is scary since if it gets lost or forgotten it is a bear to get it unprotected. You can make the document read only also. Just some ideas. "darshan" wrote: > I have got one Excel sheet which is password protected some of the users know > the pas...

To Norman or Alan Macro About Macros protected Sheets
Hi, Paul again, Sorry but I have a last question. When I type at the end of the Macro code: Sheets("Critical Path"),protect("My Password") What else do I need to type to enable the Auto filter & the Data Sort Thanks Paul. Your post is separated from the original thread. Are you using xl2002+? If yes, I got this line when I recorded a macro protecting a sheet, but allowing autofilter and sort: ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, _ Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True, _ AllowSorting:=True, AllowFiltering:=True So... worksheets("cri...

Money 2004 Question #2
Hi, I was hoping someone could help me out with this. My landlord requires payment by just one check when my roommates and I pay rent. Every now and then it is my turn to turn in the check. I was wondering if there was a way to categorize my check so that only my part of the total is actually reflected back towards my account. Without the ability to categorize this, it seems that I actually pay 5 times the amount for rent every month, and it screws up my end of month charts. Hope you can help. Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Tony wrote: >Hi, I was hoping someone could help me ...

Data protection
Hi, I have an excel sheet which an be used by many users. The sheet contains private information about each user. Now I want to protect the "private information" of one user from other (i.e when user_1 opens the sheet he only sees his information and not the information of any other user) Is it possible in excel ? Any protection in Excel and hidding of sheets can be cracked in minutes. Lots of free stuff to do that. It better to just send the user their individual sheet. Robert Flanagan http://www.add-ins.com Productivity add-ins and downloadable books on VB macros for Excel ...