Protecting worksheet

Hi

I have protected a worksheet but when I scroll up too far up to the top or
too far left instead of stopping there it takes me of to a different part of
the spreadsheet. Does anyone know how to stop this?

Dawn

Look at freezing the pane to keep certain rows and/or columns from scrolling
off of the screen.

Excel 2003 and earlier: Window --> Freeze Panes
Excel 2007: [View] tab, "Window Group", Freeze Panes pulldown.

"Patricia" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have protected a worksheet but when I scroll up too far up to the top or
> too far left instead of stopping there it takes me of to a different part of
> the spreadsheet. Does anyone know how to stop this?
>
> Dawn

Cant get grid lines on worksheet
I can't get the grid lines to work on my worksheet. I fill in the box to show grid lines on the options but they don't come up. Am I doing something wrong or is there somewhere else I need to check? Thanks for any help. Have you shaded the cells? If you have, you may want to use borders and draw your lines where you want them. "W. Wells" wrote: > > I can't get the grid lines to work on my worksheet. I fill in the box to > show grid lines on the options but they don't come up. Am I doing something > wrong or is there somewhere else I need to check?...

protecting outlined data
I want to be able to use the expand/collapse function in outlines when the worksheet is protected. Copy this macro in a normal module It will run automatic when you open the workbook You can also use the workbook open event Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="rbelecki", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableOutlining = True End With End Sub Look in the VBA help for more information about protect(userinterfaceonly) -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "rbelecki" <rbelecki@l...

Password Protect Outlook #2
I work in an offcie environment and sometimes have to leave my PC unattended for just a few minutes. Unfortunately some confidential emails have been read by my staff and I need a way of safeguarding them other than turning off the PC, is there any way I can password protect access into my Outlook 2000, so all I do is close Outlook. (Sorry still operating under W95) Many thanks You can set a password on a Personal Folders File. If the folder list isn't visible in Outlook, click View | Folder List. Right-click the root folder (usually "Personal Folders" or "Outlook T...

MS Excel Worksheets
I have multiple worksheets with at least one common field. I need to create an additional worksheet that combines the related fields based on the field that is common to all. Which function does this? Thank you. What do you mean by "combines the related fields"? If you mean "sums" then you can use =SUM(Sheet1:Sheet5!A1) where Sheet1 is the left-most sheet and Sheet5 is the right-most sheet that you want to sum. In article <5F8164C9-E8F9-44B4-A846-505906F69F40@microsoft.com>, "Wordgeek" <Wordgeek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I h...

Quicken Password protected
I just got Money 2004 Deluxe, I am trying to import my data from Quicken and the program says there is a password for my quicken account that is required, but I never had a password. No way to get past this. Any ideas? If your data file is Q04, Money04 can only deal with Q03 or older. Otherwise, who knows? "Stephen Weiss" <stephenaweiss@comcast.net> wrote in message news:012f01c3cb22$9a957ac0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I just got Money 2004 Deluxe, I am trying to import my > data from Quicken and the program says there is a password > for my quicken account that is req...

Password/worksheet-accessibility
Is there a way to protect worksheets from being viewed at all, not password protected from modifications only? I have a workbook set up with 9 spreadsheets that will be specific to certain users, I do not want all users/viewers to be able to see each worksheet, just the one labelled for them? I am working with excel 97 and 8 of the 9 spreadsheets are all linked to the master spreadsheet within that one workbook. I am trying to avoid having to create individual workbooks. thier is propaply a tider way to do this but something like Private Sub Auto_Open() Sheets("viewer 1")....

Worksheet Headers/Footers
I often have 2 or 3 diff options on estimates. I do this on separate sheets in the same workbook by copying estimate 1 and making the changes. How do I get the same header on all the work sheets without having to retype every time? Thanks. Karin One way...when you open a workbook. Select all the sheets (Click on far left, hold down shift and click far right). Type the Headers/Footers and the Header/Footer will be the same on each sheet. Don't forget to un-group. Right click a tab and select un-group. Anything entered on grouped sheets happens on all those selected. If you want ...

Password protection on split database
I have a database which is split into front end and back end. The front end is password protected but the backend isn't Is it possible to protect both with the same password? I've tried protecting the backend with a password but when I open the front end it can't "see" the backend. Any ideas? Thanks Tony Put a password on the backend, then, after opening the front-end, use the Linked Table Manager to update the links (just like you would if you had moved the backend). You should be prompted for the 'missing' password during this process. You should only...

How to protect 2. axis in an Excel Chart to stay if data changes
A Pivot table is created on Tab1 in an Excel workbook. On Tab2 there is a Line Chart created with data from Tab 1 using 2 axis. If data in Tab1 change the 2nd axis on Tab 2 disappears, jumps ober and overrules axis 1. How can I protect chart area with 2 axis being able to change referring data in the pivot table. ...

Copy a worksheet in lotus notes...
Hello everybody, I'm trying to copy a sheet in a Notes email by macro using VBA with Excel. I manage to create the memo, fill the "send to" field and the subject. I tried this command .FieldSetText("Body", MyWorksheet) but it requires a String. Does somebody know how to do it ? Thanks for your help. Lycaon Look here Sending mail from Lotus Notes (XL-Dennis) http://www.excelkb.com/?cNode=1X5M7A -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Lycaon" <tristan.pochat@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1168242221.070386.160990@...

Protection
Hi everyone OK my problem is I am using an offie computer that everyone has access to and we cannot - and do not want to - change this. Is there a way that I can put a password for my profile on Microsoft outlook so that no one can read the new AND the old messages found in my inbox? You can put a password on your PST file, presuming you use a PST file... Emad Kamel wrote: > Hi everyone, > OK my problem is I am using an offie computer that everyone has > access to and we cannot - and do not want to - change this. Is there > a way that I can put a password for my profile on Micr...

how do i copy the format of a cell from one worksheet to another
I have 2 worksheets that I am merging into a single worksheet and am using cells from one or the other worksheet based on conditions that I am checking. In some cases the cell I want to copy have a different color text or background and if I use that cells contents I also want to use the color but it won't be used in all cases. How do I selectively format the cell color as needed? You can not only copy the color without copying the other formatting, but if you want all the formatting you can select the cell with the formatting you want and double click the paintbrush, now ever c...

Multiple Workbooks / Worksheets
I want to create a spreadsheet/macro that the user can use to print of a booklet/pack for example...im in spreasheet the user would enter the location of th file/sheet name and the macor would print... C:\my file\file1.xls Sheet3 & sheet5 C:\my file\file3.xls Sheet2 All the workbooks are in the same folder, but need various/mixe worksheets printing from them. Where would i start / is this possibl -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

CANNOT PROTECT
Trying to password and read only protect a Microsoft Word docuement that is embedded in Excel. When I open the "protected" document, the read-only prompt does not appear...and I can still make changes and close the docuement. HELP! Try this: create the document directly in word, protect it and save it to disk. Then copy the text you want and past it special as an OLE object in excel Peter ...

Excel opens two worksheets instead of one
I have Office 2007 and recently upgraded to Windows 7. When I open an existing document in Excel, sometimes (about 50% of the time) it opens a second blank worksheet along with it. Word does this also. Is there a way to fix this? -- Thank you ...

quick copy worksheet into other sheets in same workbook
I am wanting to copy a worksheet that is set up to show student results, targets and achievements into approximately 150 other worksheets in the same workbook. Is there a quick way of doing this other than copying and pasting? I want formats, colours and column widths etc to stay the same. In other words I want to produce about 150 identical copies of my layout as quickly as possible with the minimum of effort. I am using Excel 2003. Thanks in advance for any help and advice offered Right-click on the worksheet tab and select "Move or Copy", then use the dialog box that appear...

Spreadsheet password protection
How do you password protect a spreadsheet. I can't find anything in the help section. You can prevent un authorised access by giving a password to open the workbook itself, so that no one else can open it (Go to Tools, Options and then Security Tab). You can do it there if you have already saved the file, or you can go to "save as" then "Tools" and "General Options" where you can give password. On the other hand you can protect work sheets and ranges for different people by using "Tools" and then "Protection" Tab -- M Imran Buha...

How to protect cells?
I would like to protect a range of cells (A2:D24) with a password for a group of users that would make changes to cells in this range. Then on the same sheet, also protect a range of cells (E2:E24) from everyone but me. Is this possible? Thanks. Mark, Please don't multipost. See the thread in .programming. John "Mark F." <m7829@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:FSzQb.10797$6o4.894@fe2.texas.rr.com... > I would like to protect a range of cells (A2:D24) with a password for a > group of users that would make changes to cells in this range. Then on > the same she...

Unable to group rows or columns on an excel worksheet
I'm unable to group/ungroup rows or columns on an excel worksheet that was emailed to me by a co-worker. It's an existing file so I don't know what restrictions were placed on the workbook. What can I do to fix this problem? If the sheet is protected, unprotect it. You may need a password. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Christine - HCVT" <ChristineHCVT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0BDA314-BE7...

Saving only updated cells or worksheets
(This is the first time I'm using this feature - hopefully I'm following the proper procedure!) Is there a way, in Excel 2002, to only save the cells or worksheets that have been updated, instead of saving the entire file each time? I have a large file, with VBA code, and is I could set it to only save the updated cells or worksheets, this would decrease the time needed to save the file. I read about Tools, Options and Allow Fast Saves, but when I follow that path, there is no such option to Allow Fast Saves. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Thank You, MWS I am ...

Password protected sheet access
I have a spreadsheet protected with a unknown password. How do I access this sheet? Ps: the "read only" option is not available. Thanks, Rivane. Hi Rivane Is this the password for opening the file, or the one for unlocking locked cells in the already open sheet ? Best wishes Harald Excel MVP Followup to newsgroup only please. "Rivane Cardim" <rivane.cardim@exxonmobil.com> wrote in message news:0a8801c35dae$a03275a0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have a spreadsheet protected with a unknown password. > How do I access this sheet? > > Ps: the "read only...

How to Activate "Show all" in a Protected Shared Workbook
Hi, I created a protected and shared workbook in Excel 2003 ,the default Filter Option is "Auto Filter" how can I use the "Show All" in Filtering.? even I unchecked the "Filter Settings" in "Tools-> Share Workbook -> Advanced -> Include Personal View " but it did not work. Thanks. You can't. If the workbook were not shared, then you could create your own macro that unprotects the worksheet, does the showall and reprotects the worksheet. But with the workbook shared, you can't change the protection of a shee...

Get fields in worksheet
I have records which have four columns. I have a listBox in User Form which shows all records. I would like to get all four fields of the record in worksheet cells when I will select a record from the ListBox. Is it possible? Thanks, Sahak How about this: Option Explicit Private Sub ListBox1_Click() Dim iCtr As Long Dim DestCell As Range With ActiveSheet Set DestCell = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0) End With With Me.ListBox1 If .ListIndex > -1 Then For iCtr = 0 To 3 DestCell.Offset(0, ...

Protecting a Worksheet
Does anybody know how to protect a workbook so that a user CANNOT unhide a sheet, CANNOT add rows to the viewable sheet, CANNOT alter locked cells, but CAN add text to a comments column which will expand and Wrap text as the comments increase in size? I understand how to protect/unprotect locked cells, but I cannot find the right combination for the above functionality. Is it even possible? Any help is greatly appreciated. Jeff When a _Workbook_ is protected (Tools, Protection, Protect Workbook, Structure) sheets cannot be unhidden. When a _Worksheet_ is protected locked cells ca...

populate cell from worksheet name?
i am wondering if it is possible to populate a cell from the worksheet name? thanks! Hi try one of the following formulas (note: the workbook has to be save before). Just use the formulas as they are shown (don't replace 'filename' with anything else) File path and file name: =CELL("filename",A1) File path only =LEFT(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("[",CELL("filename",A1),1)-1) File name only =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("[",CELL("filename",A1),1)+1,FIND("]",CEL L("filename",A1),1)-FIND("...