protecting outlined data

I want to be able to use the expand/collapse function in outlines when the worksheet is protected.
0
rbelecki (1)

Copy this macro in a normal module

It will run automatic when you open the workbook
You can also use the workbook open event

Sub auto_open()
    With Worksheets("sheet1")
        .Protect Password:="rbelecki", userinterfaceonly:=True
        .EnableOutlining = True
    End With
End Sub

Look in the VBA help for more information about protect(userinterfaceonly)

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1  XL2000-2003)

"rbelecki" <rbelecki@lear.com> wrote in message news:E9BBE442-AD91-4773-949B-155D6B7763EC@microsoft.com...
> I want to be able to use the expand/collapse function in outlines when the worksheet is protected.

0
rondebruin (3789)

Exporting Exchange Data from Outlook
Hello I am a newbie, so maybe this is a dum question. I wish to export Outlook data from Exchange Server so that I can then import it into my new Win2003 Server/Exchange. I am simply moving from one organisation to another. What is the best method? Thanks in advance. Prakash prakash@logicalmicro.com Prak wrote: > Hello > I am a newbie, so maybe this is a dum question. > I wish to export Outlook data from Exchange Server > so that I can then import it into my new Win2003 Server/Exchange. > I am simply moving from one organisation to another. > What is the best method? > T...

Import data from MAS 90
I have two worksheets 1) Data Summary 2) EC_GrossHours Data Summary sheet contains SS#, Name, etc... EC_GrossHours that contais SSN and other empolyee payroll data imported from MAS 90. Is there a way to format the record that gets imported into excel from Microsoft Query. All my social security numbers get imported as text (I think) and I have to copy an empty cell and paste special|add to get the my VLOOKUP function (See below on Data Summary Worksheet)to work correctly. =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A2,EC_GrossHoursLookup,8,0)),0,VLOOKUP(A2,EC_GrossHoursLookup,8,0)) A2 = SSN formatted as text EC_Gro...

protecting outlined data
I want to be able to use the expand/collapse function in outlines when the worksheet is protected. Copy this macro in a normal module It will run automatic when you open the workbook You can also use the workbook open event Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="rbelecki", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableOutlining = True End With End Sub Look in the VBA help for more information about protect(userinterfaceonly) -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "rbelecki" <rbelecki@l...

Password Protect Outlook #2
I work in an offcie environment and sometimes have to leave my PC unattended for just a few minutes. Unfortunately some confidential emails have been read by my staff and I need a way of safeguarding them other than turning off the PC, is there any way I can password protect access into my Outlook 2000, so all I do is close Outlook. (Sorry still operating under W95) Many thanks You can set a password on a Personal Folders File. If the folder list isn't visible in Outlook, click View | Folder List. Right-click the root folder (usually "Personal Folders" or "Outlook T...

Quicken Password protected
I just got Money 2004 Deluxe, I am trying to import my data from Quicken and the program says there is a password for my quicken account that is required, but I never had a password. No way to get past this. Any ideas? If your data file is Q04, Money04 can only deal with Q03 or older. Otherwise, who knows? "Stephen Weiss" <stephenaweiss@comcast.net> wrote in message news:012f01c3cb22$9a957ac0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I just got Money 2004 Deluxe, I am trying to import my > data from Quicken and the program says there is a password > for my quicken account that is req...

Password protection on split database
I have a database which is split into front end and back end. The front end is password protected but the backend isn't Is it possible to protect both with the same password? I've tried protecting the backend with a password but when I open the front end it can't "see" the backend. Any ideas? Thanks Tony Put a password on the backend, then, after opening the front-end, use the Linked Table Manager to update the links (just like you would if you had moved the backend). You should be prompted for the 'missing' password during this process. You should only...

How to protect 2. axis in an Excel Chart to stay if data changes
A Pivot table is created on Tab1 in an Excel workbook. On Tab2 there is a Line Chart created with data from Tab 1 using 2 axis. If data in Tab1 change the 2nd axis on Tab 2 disappears, jumps ober and overrules axis 1. How can I protect chart area with 2 axis being able to change referring data in the pivot table. ...

Realistic Data Migration Costs
A client of mine was quoted $4,300 to migrate 2,500 records from a system which could export to .txt files. The only consideration from a straight import data view point, was that each Contact was related to an Account. The only details which were required to be imported were contact details (address, phone, mobile etc) and the association with the parent company. To my way of thinking, this is a serious design flaw of MSCRM if it requires this amount of work, to simply show the link between the contact and the account - am I missing something??? It would have ben far cheaper I know to use...

Protection
Hi everyone OK my problem is I am using an offie computer that everyone has access to and we cannot - and do not want to - change this. Is there a way that I can put a password for my profile on Microsoft outlook so that no one can read the new AND the old messages found in my inbox? You can put a password on your PST file, presuming you use a PST file... Emad Kamel wrote: > Hi everyone, > OK my problem is I am using an offie computer that everyone has > access to and we cannot - and do not want to - change this. Is there > a way that I can put a password for my profile on Micr...

lookup data in a different workbook
I export a list of items from Quickbooks. Quickbooks will export as a xls file. I want to create a different worksheet or workbook that will look u data in this file. I need to find data in a certain column in a certai row. So when my data changes in Quickbooks, I export the file, and the in another workbook or worksheet, update, based on the new or update data. I have tried the lookup wizard but it will not let me use different worksheet or workbook. I can make it work in the sam worksheet. So what I'm looking for is a direction where to start. I have made man complex Excel worksheets, ...

CANNOT PROTECT
Trying to password and read only protect a Microsoft Word docuement that is embedded in Excel. When I open the "protected" document, the read-only prompt does not appear...and I can still make changes and close the docuement. HELP! Try this: create the document directly in word, protect it and save it to disk. Then copy the text you want and past it special as an OLE object in excel Peter ...

Data Validation
Guys Using version 2003. I'm enterng a comma separated text list in the data validation source dialog box. Is there a way to make the first list entry blank? Thanks in anticipation Kevin Worked like a charm. Many thanks, Micky "מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן" wrote: > Assuming you want to have the letters a --> e. > As the Source type: X,a,b,c,d,e - where instead of the X you will press the > key combination: ALT+0160 > [use the small numeric pad to for the digits]. > Micky > > > "wild turkey no9" wrote: > > > ...

Spreadsheet password protection
How do you password protect a spreadsheet. I can't find anything in the help section. You can prevent un authorised access by giving a password to open the workbook itself, so that no one else can open it (Go to Tools, Options and then Security Tab). You can do it there if you have already saved the file, or you can go to "save as" then "Tools" and "General Options" where you can give password. On the other hand you can protect work sheets and ranges for different people by using "Tools" and then "Protection" Tab -- M Imran Buha...

How to protect cells?
I would like to protect a range of cells (A2:D24) with a password for a group of users that would make changes to cells in this range. Then on the same sheet, also protect a range of cells (E2:E24) from everyone but me. Is this possible? Thanks. Mark, Please don't multipost. See the thread in .programming. John "Mark F." <m7829@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:FSzQb.10797$6o4.894@fe2.texas.rr.com... > I would like to protect a range of cells (A2:D24) with a password for a > group of users that would make changes to cells in this range. Then on > the same she...

How to Activate "Show all" in a Protected Shared Workbook
Hi, I created a protected and shared workbook in Excel 2003 ,the default Filter Option is "Auto Filter" how can I use the "Show All" in Filtering.? even I unchecked the "Filter Settings" in "Tools-> Share Workbook -> Advanced -> Include Personal View " but it did not work. Thanks. You can't. If the workbook were not shared, then you could create your own macro that unprotects the worksheet, does the showall and reprotects the worksheet. But with the workbook shared, you can't change the protection of a shee...

How do I pass series data x-value range to a chart from a cell?
I have a series on a line chart (x-values "=Sheet1!$A$1:$A$10"). I also have two worksheet cells (B1 & B2) that contain the start and end date for the x-axis of the chart. I want to be able to link the chart series data to the start and end date values so that the chart automatically adjusts when I change the dates in the worksheet cells. I can create a string or address for the x-values but how do I do not know how to pass this to the chart series?? I know I can do this using a macro, but I want to do it without macros so that friends who use MicrosoftCharts (the cheap, n...

excel data recovery
PLEASE help! I had entered data and upon trying to sort the date column it rearranged my data. I desparately need to get it back to its format before I sorted. Is there a way to do this? Thank you! -- pasdtb "=?Utf-8?B?ZHRiMDU=?=" <dtb05@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:8F1C203D-B24E-47EE-A46F-700781F9B595@microsoft.com: > PLEASE help! I had entered data and upon trying to sort the date > column it rearranged my data. I desparately need to get it back to its > format before I sorted. Is there a way to do this? Thank you! Yes, Edit/Undo! Or first make a ...

Password protected sheet access
I have a spreadsheet protected with a unknown password. How do I access this sheet? Ps: the "read only" option is not available. Thanks, Rivane. Hi Rivane Is this the password for opening the file, or the one for unlocking locked cells in the already open sheet ? Best wishes Harald Excel MVP Followup to newsgroup only please. "Rivane Cardim" <rivane.cardim@exxonmobil.com> wrote in message news:0a8801c35dae$a03275a0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have a spreadsheet protected with a unknown password. > How do I access this sheet? > > Ps: the "read only...

Protecting a Worksheet
Does anybody know how to protect a workbook so that a user CANNOT unhide a sheet, CANNOT add rows to the viewable sheet, CANNOT alter locked cells, but CAN add text to a comments column which will expand and Wrap text as the comments increase in size? I understand how to protect/unprotect locked cells, but I cannot find the right combination for the above functionality. Is it even possible? Any help is greatly appreciated. Jeff When a _Workbook_ is protected (Tools, Protection, Protect Workbook, Structure) sheets cannot be unhidden. When a _Worksheet_ is protected locked cells ca...

Pivot Chart Graphing Wrong Data
Hi, I'm using Excel 2007 and I have a Pivot Table that represents Revenue A, Revenue B, and Grand Total Revenue (sum of A/B) for each of our sales reps. However, the pivot chart to graph these (simple line graph) is not functioning correctly. Revenue A is fine, but Grand Total is graphed correctly but is labeled Revenue B, and the actual Revenue B is not in the chart at all. Is this a bug in 07? Can someone please advise? Thanks in advance. Nate ...

comparing data in different sheets
I have data set for each quarter, like sales, profits, margins. The dat is for more than 1000 companies and in different worksheets: Eac quarter is in each seperate worksheet. It gets frustrating to keep on switching between each worksheet to ge a comparative number. Is there a way out -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com In situations like this I generally create a summary sheet and reference the cells from all of the other worksheets. Set up the layout for the summary sheet and then select a cell you want to mirror the value from another worksheet. With the cell selected, ...

Outlook 2002 crashes when exporting data
When I use the "Import and Export" option from the File menu and choose "Export to a file" , Outlook 2002 crashes in module RM.DLL. I'm running all of the latest service packs for both Windows XP and MS Office Pro 2002. Any clues that will help me identify the cause of this problem will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jack ...

Excel Sheet Protection
I am trying to protect a spreadsheet from any editing, while allowing the user to use the autofilter and sorting function. I tried checking the "Use AutoFilter" and "Sort" checkboxes in the Protect Sheet dialog box to protect the document. It does allow you to filter records based on selecting a value from the drop down list box of the autofilter, but it does not allow me to sort. Please help! If you have locked cells that are in the range to sort, then checking that box in the tools|Protection|protect sheet dialog won't work for you. You may want to provid...

Line Cart Per Month but no data yet
EXCEL 2007 I have a simple line chart that takes data from 12 cells contining formulas giving a calculated value for each month of the year. The Y axis is MONTH. PROBLEM: We want the Y axis to show all 12 month names (no problem with that), but we don't want the line of values to be drawn into the future. I just want the line to stop if data value = 0 for future months. For future months we currently get value of zero charted. Of course if there is no formula in the source data cells, then there is no line drawn, but I am finding that because there is a formula in the data sour...

protect a protected worksheet
I have got one Excel sheet which is password protected some of the users know the password , i dont want to allow these users to change some of the columns of the work sheet..but it should be open for me.. Maybe look into just protecting the cells that you do not want to be edited by anyone else. Password protecting a worksheet is scary since if it gets lost or forgotten it is a bear to get it unprotected. You can make the document read only also. Just some ideas. "darshan" wrote: > I have got one Excel sheet which is password protected some of the users know > the pas...