Protected Worksheets #2

Is there a way to override an unknown password on a
protected worksheet?
0
anonymous (74719)

J.E. McGimpsey has a way!
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

"Kevin Novak" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<e50701c3f09b$ade8ad10$a001280a@phx.gbl>...
> Is there a way to override an unknown password on a
> protected worksheet?

Yes, there are various simple tools and services that can help you
find a password in an MS Excel file:

http://www.intertek.org.uk/excel.html

Please do not break the password protection in any file unless you are
authorized to do so.

RMS 1.2 Database Backup
I am looking for a small batch files that backs up my POS database on a daily basis where the backup file name is the system date and time. I found a batch file backup with a fixed file name on MS Customer Source but would rather want to keep daily copies. "Gerd" <gerd.goebel@bavarian-cons.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:%23qixfi9qFHA.3736@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >I am looking for a small batch files that backs up my POS database on a >daily basis where the backup file name is the system date and time. > > I found a batch file backup with a fixed file n...

Pivot Charts
Hi all, I'd like my pivot chart to do 2 things: 1) If I select an item from one of my page field dropdowns, I'd like the dropdown items on another page field to filter according to what was selected. Example: if the first page field is "Teams" and I choose a team from the list, I want the other page field "Players" to offer only the players from that team. Possible? 2) I used the macro recorder to automatically replace one data item in the pivot chart with another. Example (football): I assigned a macro to a button called "Pass Attempts", which will...

protecting outlined data
I want to be able to use the expand/collapse function in outlines when the worksheet is protected. Copy this macro in a normal module It will run automatic when you open the workbook You can also use the workbook open event Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="rbelecki", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableOutlining = True End With End Sub Look in the VBA help for more information about protect(userinterfaceonly) -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "rbelecki" <rbelecki@l...

Password Protect Outlook #2
I work in an offcie environment and sometimes have to leave my PC unattended for just a few minutes. Unfortunately some confidential emails have been read by my staff and I need a way of safeguarding them other than turning off the PC, is there any way I can password protect access into my Outlook 2000, so all I do is close Outlook. (Sorry still operating under W95) Many thanks You can set a password on a Personal Folders File. If the folder list isn't visible in Outlook, click View | Folder List. Right-click the root folder (usually "Personal Folders" or "Outlook T...

How do I print out more than one coupon in publisher? #2
I am trying to print out coupons in publisher but don't want just one per page. My coupon has a front and backside. Hope can help. Are you asking how to print a two sided coupon or how to put more than one coupon on a page? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "tcmb" <tcmb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C50A2C74-B5F5-4A55-8D15-325F9A401663@microsoft.com... >I am trying to print out coupons in publisher but don't want just one per > page. My coupon has a front and backside. > Hope can help. Determine the size of your coupon,...

comparing two columns? #2
I have two columns of phone numbers, one is column C and one is column D. I would like to take the numbers in column D and match them to the numbers in column C, removing the numbers that dont match. Can anyone help? Hi Steve Chip Pearson has a great page on working with duplicates ... http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm have a look down the bottom of the page for comparing lists -- Cheers JulieD check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm ....well i'm working on it anyway "steve g via OfficeKB.com" <forum@nospam.OfficeKB.com> wrote in message news:7fe142636f88...

Cant get grid lines on worksheet
I can't get the grid lines to work on my worksheet. I fill in the box to show grid lines on the options but they don't come up. Am I doing something wrong or is there somewhere else I need to check? Thanks for any help. Have you shaded the cells? If you have, you may want to use borders and draw your lines where you want them. "W. Wells" wrote: > > I can't get the grid lines to work on my worksheet. I fill in the box to > show grid lines on the options but they don't come up. Am I doing something > wrong or is there somewhere else I need to check?...

MS Excel Worksheets
I have multiple worksheets with at least one common field. I need to create an additional worksheet that combines the related fields based on the field that is common to all. Which function does this? Thank you. What do you mean by "combines the related fields"? If you mean "sums" then you can use =SUM(Sheet1:Sheet5!A1) where Sheet1 is the left-most sheet and Sheet5 is the right-most sheet that you want to sum. In article <5F8164C9-E8F9-44B4-A846-505906F69F40@microsoft.com>, "Wordgeek" <Wordgeek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I h...

Password/worksheet-accessibility
Is there a way to protect worksheets from being viewed at all, not password protected from modifications only? I have a workbook set up with 9 spreadsheets that will be specific to certain users, I do not want all users/viewers to be able to see each worksheet, just the one labelled for them? I am working with excel 97 and 8 of the 9 spreadsheets are all linked to the master spreadsheet within that one workbook. I am trying to avoid having to create individual workbooks. thier is propaply a tider way to do this but something like Private Sub Auto_Open() Sheets("viewer 1")....

Random numbers #2
Hi all, My application is in a nead for a very big number of randomal numbers. I use srand() and rand() calls. My problem is that I suspect that the random numbers I get, starts to repeat them self at some point. My questions are: What happends when the srand() list is over? Does rand() start all over again and begins returning the same numbers? (with a certain bit offset)? How long is the list srand() creates? Is there any better way to create many random numbers? Thanks in advance Dudu Arbel "dududuil" <dududuil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B022C3...

Quicken Password protected
I just got Money 2004 Deluxe, I am trying to import my data from Quicken and the program says there is a password for my quicken account that is required, but I never had a password. No way to get past this. Any ideas? If your data file is Q04, Money04 can only deal with Q03 or older. Otherwise, who knows? "Stephen Weiss" <stephenaweiss@comcast.net> wrote in message news:012f01c3cb22$9a957ac0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I just got Money 2004 Deluxe, I am trying to import my > data from Quicken and the program says there is a password > for my quicken account that is req...

WSE 2.0 sample certificate
Anyone use WSE 2.0 sample certificates? I import them into Local Machine/Current User certificate store, but I got "This CA Root certificate is not trusted because it is not in the Trusted Root Certification Authorities store." How can I got the CA Root certificate of the issuer "Root Agency"? I think you would need to have some third-party like Thwate or Verisign to authenticate your certificate, then it should be "trusted". If you find the solution, please post back. Thanks. "Tony" wrote: > Anyone use WSE 2.0 sample certificates? I impor...

Worksheet Headers/Footers
I often have 2 or 3 diff options on estimates. I do this on separate sheets in the same workbook by copying estimate 1 and making the changes. How do I get the same header on all the work sheets without having to retype every time? Thanks. Karin One way...when you open a workbook. Select all the sheets (Click on far left, hold down shift and click far right). Type the Headers/Footers and the Header/Footer will be the same on each sheet. Don't forget to un-group. Right click a tab and select un-group. Anything entered on grouped sheets happens on all those selected. If you want ...

word art 2.0
i have word art 2.0....there must be a way to change the thickness of the font...every font i choose to use seems to be in bold...which i DO NOT want...is there a setting to change..thank you Download the old WordArt. See if you get better results. You use it from Insert, Object, scroll down to Microsoft WordArt 3.2 (This will work in 2007 too) Publisher 2003/2002 Add-in: WordArt Compatibility http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=897AA11B-A37D-4586-A1A7-54BBEA375AE2&displaylang=en -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://ms...

Password protection on split database
I have a database which is split into front end and back end. The front end is password protected but the backend isn't Is it possible to protect both with the same password? I've tried protecting the backend with a password but when I open the front end it can't "see" the backend. Any ideas? Thanks Tony Put a password on the backend, then, after opening the front-end, use the Linked Table Manager to update the links (just like you would if you had moved the backend). You should be prompted for the 'missing' password during this process. You should only...

How to protect 2. axis in an Excel Chart to stay if data changes
A Pivot table is created on Tab1 in an Excel workbook. On Tab2 there is a Line Chart created with data from Tab 1 using 2 axis. If data in Tab1 change the 2nd axis on Tab 2 disappears, jumps ober and overrules axis 1. How can I protect chart area with 2 axis being able to change referring data in the pivot table. ...

How to Install BCM? #2
Hello -- I have Ms office 2003 pro, which after installation is working fine, including Outlook 2003. I cannot, however, find/locate BCM. I tried the add/remove option in office 2003 but it did not show any option of adding BCM. Documents, which I've received with office 2003's cd, mention that it has BCM. Can someone, please, help me to instal BCM, or tell how to find, and if there is, BCM in the CD I have. Thanks, SRW are you impatient? "S R W" <SRW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18DAE3D6-5CDB-4570-8B47-681E9DB38C1B@microsoft.com... > He...

Item Receiving in IV10200 #2
We are experiencing the same issue except the difference in cost being assigned to the 1 item is dramatically different than the other units that are at the correct cost. Any idea where I should look to find a setup issue that might be causing this? Joel "Richard Whaley -- MVP 2006-2008" wrote: > This is by design to handle costs that cannot be evenly divided by the > quantity within the number of decimals defined. For example, if you purchase > 10 items and pay 11 cents total, ten will be received at one penny and one at > two pennies (assuming that only 2 dec...

Open Office #2
Can anyone advise how they've found Open Office and whether it is worth using, particularly for Excel applications? Rob "rob nobel" <robnobel@dodoNOGOOBS.com.auNOGOOBS> wrote... >Can anyone advise how they've found Open Office and whether it is worth >using, particularly for Excel applications? Depends on what you're trying to do. OO Calc's array handling is much weaker than Excel's, so many (possibly most) of the trickier array formulas given in these Excel ngs won't work in OO Calc. But most of the other techniques work. OO Calc provides onl...

Office 2003 Recieving error with 2 Email accounts from Same Server #2
I'll try to describe this the best I can, First I'm running outlook 2003 with the service pack on windows xp sp2. Windows firewall is turned off as is my antivirus software is disabled while trying to get this to work (I even uninstalled it) I have two email accounts set up correctly (Two of my other co workers have the same exact set up and email accounts and they have no issues) on the same server i.e. email1@domain.com and email2@domain.com. When the send and recieve function is activated, the non default email account gets a recieve error as below Task 'EMAIL ACCOUNT - Rec...

Copy a worksheet in lotus notes...
Hello everybody, I'm trying to copy a sheet in a Notes email by macro using VBA with Excel. I manage to create the memo, fill the "send to" field and the subject. I tried this command .FieldSetText("Body", MyWorksheet) but it requires a String. Does somebody know how to do it ? Thanks for your help. Lycaon Look here Sending mail from Lotus Notes (XL-Dennis) http://www.excelkb.com/?cNode=1X5M7A -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Lycaon" <tristan.pochat@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1168242221.070386.160990@...

copyright symbol #2
This may sound like a stupid question, but how do you keep Excel from inserting the copyright symbol when you enter "(C)"? Go to Tools > AutoCorrect Options, click on the entry for "(C)" and delete it. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >This may sound like a stupid question, but how do you keep >Excel from inserting the copyright symbol when you >enter "(C)"? >. > You can turn it off for good under tools>autocorrect and delete it (note that autocorrect changes are done for the whole of Office like Word etc) or yo...

Protection
Hi everyone OK my problem is I am using an offie computer that everyone has access to and we cannot - and do not want to - change this. Is there a way that I can put a password for my profile on Microsoft outlook so that no one can read the new AND the old messages found in my inbox? You can put a password on your PST file, presuming you use a PST file... Emad Kamel wrote: > Hi everyone, > OK my problem is I am using an offie computer that everyone has > access to and we cannot - and do not want to - change this. Is there > a way that I can put a password for my profile on Micr...

auto populate #2
I am trying to figure out how to take a list of names and fill a time slot list randomly with those names. each name can only be used up to 2 times. its around 14-16 names with 25 -35 slots. Any suggestions Sounds like a homework problem. Are you trying to solve this with VBA or with formulas? How far have you gotten with it? -- RMC,CPA "jdog" <jdog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E06B75BC-B057-4280-B64D-8EE8FE8255F9@microsoft.com... I am trying to figure out how to take a list of names and fill a time slot list randomly with those names. each name c...

how do i copy the format of a cell from one worksheet to another
I have 2 worksheets that I am merging into a single worksheet and am using cells from one or the other worksheet based on conditions that I am checking. In some cases the cell I want to copy have a different color text or background and if I use that cells contents I also want to use the color but it won't be used in all cases. How do I selectively format the cell color as needed? You can not only copy the color without copying the other formatting, but if you want all the formatting you can select the cell with the formatting you want and double click the paintbrush, now ever c...