Protected Forms & Tab Key

How do I create a form that allows users to use the tab key to move from one
unprotected cell to the next, vs. having to use the mouse to click?  Seems
simple, but I can't find the info in MS Help.  Thank you.

See the info here at Bob Phillips' site.

There is another method which involves VBA Worksheet event code.  If
interested in that, post back.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 18:11:01 -0800, "virgobiker"
<virgobiker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>How do I create a form that allows users to use the tab key to move from one
>unprotected cell to the next, vs. having to use the mouse to click?  Seems
>simple, but I can't find the info in MS Help.  Thank you.

0
Gord

sort when click buttons on form header
I have a continuse form and underlined query as record source. I want user to be able to click buttons on the form header to sort. I have Last Name, First Name, Department, Phone etc. How to code these buttons? Thanks. If the source is a straightforward select query you can always use right-click of the mouse (but have you disabled the menu?) "Song Su" wrote: > I have a continuse form and underlined query as record source. > > I want user to be able to click buttons on the form header to sort. I have > Last Name, First Name, Department, Phone etc. How to c...

how does the enter key work when addressing?
When I am addressing the e-mail it fills in the rest of the individuals name & e-mail account automatically from the contact book. However, I must hit the tab key for it to complete rather than the enter key. If I want to add a second e-mail address I must then go back to the "To" and start again. Should the enter key allow the rest of the entry without going to the next line? What happens when you hit the enter key? (It should insert the selected address and move the cursor to the end of the address) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 i...

Quicken Password protected
I just got Money 2004 Deluxe, I am trying to import my data from Quicken and the program says there is a password for my quicken account that is required, but I never had a password. No way to get past this. Any ideas? If your data file is Q04, Money04 can only deal with Q03 or older. Otherwise, who knows? "Stephen Weiss" <stephenaweiss@comcast.net> wrote in message news:012f01c3cb22$9a957ac0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I just got Money 2004 Deluxe, I am trying to import my > data from Quicken and the program says there is a password > for my quicken account that is req...

Where are Form Fields Stored
When I add a field to a form Using CRM form editier, where does it add the data thta represent the field being added to the form? Do you mean the information used to render the field on the form or the actual data? The data will be stored in a table like contactextensionbase...ie any fields you add to the contact entity are stored in contactextensionbase rather than contactbase. this is different than crm 1.2 which stored custom fields in contactbase ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Hotwheels" <Hotwheels...

protecting outlined data
I want to be able to use the expand/collapse function in outlines when the worksheet is protected. Copy this macro in a normal module It will run automatic when you open the workbook You can also use the workbook open event Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="rbelecki", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableOutlining = True End With End Sub Look in the VBA help for more information about protect(userinterfaceonly) -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "rbelecki" <rbelecki@l...

Password Protect Outlook #2
I work in an offcie environment and sometimes have to leave my PC unattended for just a few minutes. Unfortunately some confidential emails have been read by my staff and I need a way of safeguarding them other than turning off the PC, is there any way I can password protect access into my Outlook 2000, so all I do is close Outlook. (Sorry still operating under W95) Many thanks You can set a password on a Personal Folders File. If the folder list isn't visible in Outlook, click View | Folder List. Right-click the root folder (usually "Personal Folders" or "Outlook T...

Form On Open event, except not exactly
I have a form with a command button that opens a second form and populates it with data from the initial form. That part is fine. What I want to do is use that data in an On Open event (or something) that will execute *after* the data is loaded by the first procedure. Specifically, the second form should display an image based on a path and filename concatenated from the first form's data : Forms!PhotoData!imgFrame1.Picture = strImagePath It all works fine using a command button on the second form; but that requires loading a default image and a manual click to display the intended imag...

Design the Contact Form
Hi, I want to add a few fields to the standard Contacts form. When I select Design this Form it flickers and I end up looking at a basic version of some kind. I am using Office 2010 so I'm not sure why this happens. Pointers most welcome. Also I too end up with the sticky note icon and not a contacts icon for new contacts using this form. P.S. I can now add that I think it might be the differences between Forms 2.0 controls and Outlook controls. I have added all the Outlook controls to my Control Toolbox but still no joy... ...

Export Certificate with Private Key from CA Management MMC
Hello, We have an Enterprise Certificate Authority installed in our Windows 2003 Domain. I have minted some Client Authentication certificates, and I have marked the private keys as exportable. I am able to install the certs using the web certificate service (https://CA/certsrv), and I am able to export the certificate and private key from my computer's local certificate store. However, I am trying to mint the cert for someone else, as an administrator, and I want to be able to export the certificate and private key directly from the CA, rather than installing the certificate...

Password protection on split database
I have a database which is split into front end and back end. The front end is password protected but the backend isn't Is it possible to protect both with the same password? I've tried protecting the backend with a password but when I open the front end it can't "see" the backend. Any ideas? Thanks Tony Put a password on the backend, then, after opening the front-end, use the Linked Table Manager to update the links (just like you would if you had moved the backend). You should be prompted for the 'missing' password during this process. You should only...

How to protect 2. axis in an Excel Chart to stay if data changes
A Pivot table is created on Tab1 in an Excel workbook. On Tab2 there is a Line Chart created with data from Tab 1 using 2 axis. If data in Tab1 change the 2nd axis on Tab 2 disappears, jumps ober and overrules axis 1. How can I protect chart area with 2 axis being able to change referring data in the pivot table. ...

Protection
Hi everyone OK my problem is I am using an offie computer that everyone has access to and we cannot - and do not want to - change this. Is there a way that I can put a password for my profile on Microsoft outlook so that no one can read the new AND the old messages found in my inbox? You can put a password on your PST file, presuming you use a PST file... Emad Kamel wrote: > Hi everyone, > OK my problem is I am using an offie computer that everyone has > access to and we cannot - and do not want to - change this. Is there > a way that I can put a password for my profile on Micr...

Phone Activity Form
My question is regarding viewing phone call activities from the activities entity created from a quick campaign for Leads. I am only able to view the regarding (which is the campaign name) and recipient (which is the full name of the Lead) field, on leads we often only know the company name and not a first or last name. So viewing the resulting phone activities created from the quick campaign have to be opened up then click again to open up the Lead form to view the company name if there is no first or last name, very time consuming. When I do an advanced find and chose edit columns/...

Form as Default
I have created a form in order to have a constant cc recipient every time I open up a new email......how do I make that the default? http://www.slipstick.com/dev/newdefaultform.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Heather asked: | I have created a form in order to have a constant cc | recipient every time I open up a new email......how do I | make that the default? ...

Autopopulate Multiple Fields in Table Using a Form
I have a form based on a table where I want to store data. The data to store comes from combo boxes based on various lookup tables. The wrinkle is that there is one lookup table that contains 2 fields of data (questionnum and question) I want stored in the table once the questionnum is selected. The question field is formatted as 'memo'. When I create the combo box the question field is not an option for selection. I add it manually to the properties after completing the criteria for the combo box. I have been struggling with the code used to autopopulate more than one field but...

Can I create a form to run off of info saved on Excel 97?
I have alot of info stored onto an excel workbook and add to it daily. Info keyed into this spreadsheet daily has to be handwritten onto a coversheet for others to view. I have to fill out 30+ seperate sheets of paper with selected info from each row added into excel each day.. Is it possible to print this info out on a form? Or do I have to use Microsoft access for that? Yes, it should be possible. You would have to create an electronic version of the cover sheet within XL. Then, in the appropriate locations you would have cells with formulas that look up the relevant data from ...

Access Forms using Word as Base
I would like to create a form to input information into an Access database. I would like to have the Access form resemble the Word fillable form as much as possible. Please let me know if there is a way to use the design of the Word form as an Access input form or if I have to design the Access input form from scratch. We are running Access 2002 on an xp machine. Thanks and have a great weekend!! Ken -- akkrug You can use a bitmap image of a Word form as a guide to placement of the controls on a Access form, but the only way that you can use a Word form with Access ...

CANNOT PROTECT
Trying to password and read only protect a Microsoft Word docuement that is embedded in Excel. When I open the "protected" document, the read-only prompt does not appear...and I can still make changes and close the docuement. HELP! Try this: create the document directly in word, protect it and save it to disk. Then copy the text you want and past it special as an OLE object in excel Peter ...

shortcut key for language selection doesnt work only in Excel
Machine Info: Toshiba laptop, satellite 1905-277, Pentium 4 CPU 1.60 GHz 256 MB of RAM OS: Windows XP Home Edition with SP1 When I am trying to shift from "EN" language to "FA" language in text service and input language, usually I do this by short cut keys (right Alt+hift and left Alt+shift). This shortcut keys doesnt operate in Excel but in other office family like Word and Access has no problem. I have to select languages manually from its box. Interestingly it doesnt elected in first time and I have to select the required language two times. TIA Rasoul Khoshravan Azar...

Spreadsheet password protection
How do you password protect a spreadsheet. I can't find anything in the help section. You can prevent un authorised access by giving a password to open the workbook itself, so that no one else can open it (Go to Tools, Options and then Security Tab). You can do it there if you have already saved the file, or you can go to "save as" then "Tools" and "General Options" where you can give password. On the other hand you can protect work sheets and ranges for different people by using "Tools" and then "Protection" Tab -- M Imran Buha...

How to protect cells?
I would like to protect a range of cells (A2:D24) with a password for a group of users that would make changes to cells in this range. Then on the same sheet, also protect a range of cells (E2:E24) from everyone but me. Is this possible? Thanks. Mark, Please don't multipost. See the thread in .programming. John "Mark F." <m7829@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:FSzQb.10797$6o4.894@fe2.texas.rr.com... > I would like to protect a range of cells (A2:D24) with a password for a > group of users that would make changes to cells in this range. Then on > the same she...

Problem With Form/Subform
Access 2003 desktop application ....... When I try to open a form/subform I get the message: "Could not use <name of backend file>; file already in use." What could be causing this message to appear? If I click OK, the form opens with just a blank space for the subform. If I remove the control source from the subform control, the main form opens correctly. I can open the subform by itself with no problem. I have rebuilt the form/subform and get the same message. Thanks for any ideas! Steve "Steve" <notmyemail@address.com> schreef in be...

How to Activate "Show all" in a Protected Shared Workbook
Hi, I created a protected and shared workbook in Excel 2003 ,the default Filter Option is "Auto Filter" how can I use the "Show All" in Filtering.? even I unchecked the "Filter Settings" in "Tools-> Share Workbook -> Advanced -> Include Personal View " but it did not work. Thanks. You can't. If the workbook were not shared, then you could create your own macro that unprotects the worksheet, does the showall and reprotects the worksheet. But with the workbook shared, you can't change the protection of a shee...

Password protected sheet access
I have a spreadsheet protected with a unknown password. How do I access this sheet? Ps: the "read only" option is not available. Thanks, Rivane. Hi Rivane Is this the password for opening the file, or the one for unlocking locked cells in the already open sheet ? Best wishes Harald Excel MVP Followup to newsgroup only please. "Rivane Cardim" <rivane.cardim@exxonmobil.com> wrote in message news:0a8801c35dae$a03275a0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have a spreadsheet protected with a unknown password. > How do I access this sheet? > > Ps: the "read only...

Excel 2007 Macro shortcut key doesn't work but menu selection does
I have a very short set of Macro's one of my users has recorded. All of them worked at first but now one of them will not function via the shortcut key. It will function if you select and run it by using alt-f8, clicking on it then run. Out of curiosity I reinstalled office, same problem. Then I even gave him a new PC to play with. He recorded the macros and they ran fine for many days then the same problem recurred. Any thoughts? Thanks, Does the macro open another workbook? Does the shortcut key include the shift key? Does the macro actually start, but stop right ...