Protect Sheet - Lost Password

One of my users has inadvertently protected a worksheet with the AutoFilter
on and filtering. He has no idea what the password is since he is unaware of
setting one. Does anyone know a way around this? We've tried copy/paste but
since the data is filtered, it isn't much use.

Thanks for any help.

0
deanaj_99 (4)

Sorry, had a problem when sending the first time. It didn't appear to go
through at all.

Thanks.
DJ

"J.E. McGimpsey" <jemcgimpsey@mvps.org> wrote in message
> See one possible solution in reply to your post in the
> microsoft.public.excel group
>

> Please don't post the same message in different groups - it just
> tends to fragment answers. If you're not sure which group to post
> in, place both group names in the To: header (i.e. cross-post).
>

> In article <udi3KRWcDHA.856@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>,
>  "Deana" <deanaj_99@nospam.yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > One of my users has inadvertently protected a worksheet with the
AutoFilter
> > on and filtering. He has no idea what the password is since he is
unaware of
> > setting one. Does anyone know a way around this? We've tried copy/paste
but
> > since the data is filtered, it isn't much use.
> >
> > Thanks for any help.

0
deanaj_99 (4)
9/2/2003 3:30:58 PM
There are any number of password cracking engines...

I recommend www.passwordcrackers.com or search google/

0
anand_pai (3)
9/2/2003 5:43:08 PM
There are a lot of excel password recovery sites.
I  can recommend you Excel Password Recovery
http://www.lastbit.com/excel/default.asp

Hi Deana,

No problem! There are many simple tools available online that can
unprotect an Excel worksheet or unlock a lost or forgotten password.
Many of these are free or very cheap.

I quote from a recent post which I hope may prove helpful to you...

Please do not attempt to access a file unless you are authorised to do
so.