Proper #2

What is the vba equivalent to the worksheet proper
function?
0
anonymous (74721)

Hi
you could always use
application.worksheetfunction.proper

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

!!! wrote:
> What is the vba equivalent to the worksheet proper
> function?
0
frank.kabel (11126)
12/6/2004 5:09:02 PM
There is none so you can use

Application.Proper(Range("A1"))

as an example

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"!!!" wrote:

> What is the vba equivalent to the worksheet proper
> function?

0
PeoSjoblom (789)
12/6/2004 5:11:03 PM
Hi ....,
and if you would like to refine and improve usage in your macro
for lastnames such as my own,  and  for a correct title case as
in    "A Year to Remember"  take a look at
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm
You would still have to make some adjustments but that should
get you a better start.
--
HTH,

"Peo Sjoblom" <PeoSjoblom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...
> There is none so you can use
>      Application.Proper(Range("A1"))
>
> > What is the vba equivalent to the worksheet proper  function?

0
dmcritchie (2586)
12/6/2004 5:50:37 PM
VBA has its own builtin function, too:

Option Explicit
Sub testme()
    Dim myStr As String
    myStr = "now is the TIME FOr all good MEN TO COME..."
    myStr = StrConv(myStr, vbProperCase)
    MsgBox myStr
End Sub

--

Dave Peterson
0

End of Year #2
At the end of the year, what do i need to do in money for taxes... do i need to generate a report or start a new file for the next year? This is my first year using the software and I have no idea what I need to do to denote the new fiscal year. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Rich Nothing besides date your transactions. All relevant Money reports and so on know how to tell data from one year from data for the next and the previous. "Rich" <richkeith82@aol.com> wrote in message news:03eb01c3d3f2$f1a366f0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > At the end of the year, wh...

Net chanel display #2
Hi everyone, I try to set up a net display chanel to show a comercial clip in another monitor. Everything is fine except the windows media players showing all the skin and border. How do I set up the net display show only a movie without border or skin around it? Thanks you very much Embed the video into a web page (.html file). "Phu Nguyen" <phuthuy2328@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23V8EhCyEHHA.3576@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi everyone, > I try to set up a net display chanel to show a comercial clip in another > monitor. Everything is fine except the wi...

Outbox #2
Some messages that I send stay in the outbox EVENTHOUGH the recpient receives them. Right know I have three messages sitting in my outbox, all of which have been received by the recipient. How can I stop them from going to my outbox? ...

Compatibility #2
Are files created with Publisher 98 compatible with newer versions of Publisher? Chuck Le Mieux wrote: > Are files created with Publisher 98 compatible with newer versions of > Publisher? Yes, provided they weren't originally created with the Publisher 98 Beta. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ???? The original post asked if files created with Publisher 98 are compatible with newer versions. I guess this means no. Correct? "Ed Bennett" wrote: > Chuck Le Mieux wrote: > > Are files created with Publisher 98 compatible with newer v...

Run-time error '1004' #2
If I open any Excel file by double-clicking on the file in Windows Explorer when Excel is NOT already running, I get a Microsoft Visual Basic error: "Run-time error '1004' "Cannot edit a macro on a hidden workbook. Unhide the workbook using the unhide command." If Excel is already open, opening the same file does not produce this error. I have verified that there are no workbooks to unhide. I am not running Visual Basic. I'm just trying to open a plain-vanilla, "nothing hidden behind the curtain" file. Knowledge Base didn't offer anything particula...

Hiding a userform properly!
Please take a look at the code below which my workbook is using: '-------------------------------------------------------- Private Sub Workbook_Open() Userform1.Show End Sub '------------------------------------------------------- Private Sub UserForm_Initialize() MsgBox "Initialize stuff here" Userform1.Hide MsgBox "Okay, form1 is hidden now!" Userform1.Show End Sub '-------------------------------------------------------- So....obviously this code will not work. I'm guessing that the second call to "Userform1.Show...

Outlook2003 #2
I post all actions to Outlook 2003 on my laptop. About once a week I like to update Outlook 2003 on my desktop with the same actions. Currently I am re-entering the data. I would like to copy a file on my laptop which contains all of the Outlook 2003 action data and install that file on my desktop, thus updating Outlook 2003 on the desktop. WHERE DO I FIND SUCH A FILE AND WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE FILE? ...

Combining data from 2 Columns into 1
I have a spread sheet that needs to be imported into a pre-set form. In the spread sheet the Area Code and Phone Number are separate columns, but in the form they are a single column. How do I get both the area code and phone number in just one column? This spread sheet has multiple phone numbers for each record and hundreds of records, so it is impractical to do it all by hand. Thanks, J. How about this: Assume area code in column a, phone number in colum b and you wan parens around area code (i.e. (403) 723-8833). 1. Insert a column to the right of column B (new column C). 2. Enter/p...

ANN: MVP Global Summit #2
Many of the Mac MVPs are attending the Global MVP Summit in Bellevue, WA this week, so there may be some delays in replying to new posts. Time will be somewhat restricted, but I'm sure we'll try to keep up as best we can. Don't hesitate to use the Forum's or your newsreader's Search feature... Your question may have been answered previously. Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac ...

Delegate notification #2
My client uses Outlook 2003 on a Small Business Server 2003. Is is possible to have delegates notified when the alarm goes off on the boss's computer? By, "alarms" do you mean calander notifications? If so, yes. You have to share the boss' calander and give permissions to it to the delegates. "KCDS49" <kcds49_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ulGnsVjPHHA.3872@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > My client uses Outlook 2003 on a Small Business Server 2003. > Is is possible to have delegates notified when the alarm goes off on the > boss's compu...

Series name #2
When I select data for a chart, excel does not use the top row as series names (in fact uses them as values - they are text identifiers such as 7004, 7005, etc. but I have formatted as text). I can not select top row and put Series names in one by one, but I have 54 series! Do I have some option turned off? Clear the cell in the top left of the range (above the X values and left of the series names). Then make the chart. The blank cell indicates to Excel that the top row and first column are special, so it can parse the range properly. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP...

Images with transparent areas don't print properly.
I have a project to make an A4 poster with Images and text. 2 of the images have transparent backgrounds created in an imaging package (Paint Shop Pro) as .PNG files. When I insert these images into the Project they display fine but don't print properly - only a vague outline of the darker parts print. However on Print Preview the document looks perfect. The other non-transparent area images on the page print fine. I am using Publisher 2003 on Windows XP Pro printing to a networked OKI C5200N Colour laser printer on A4 size. What could be wrong here? I would suspect the printe...

Outlook 200 #2
My outluuk just stop evrytime. I can't do enythinG. It's stoping in NA AND RND position. !? where can begin to fix it. UPD is uptodate. ON XP home. LANG:FIN. SVE or ENG. -- Ihmeissään tietokoneiden vakavuudesta Whilst I realise english is not your natural language your post is difficult to understand. Try Detect & Repair from the Outlook menu or from your Office installation "R Kalevi" <rekafa> wrote in message news:86B1EC09-29E9-4EAC-B170-9DFE89BCF9F3@microsoft.com... > My outluuk just stop evrytime. I can't do enythinG. It's stoping in NA...

Subscript out of range Error? #2
I keep getting a subscript out of range error with this macro. Any help would be great. Public Sub AddSheetToEnd() 'Create a new sheet Dim NewWorksheet As Worksheet Set NewWorksheet = _ Application.Sheets.Add( _ After:=Worksheets(GetLastSheet), _ Type:=XlSheetType.xlWorksheet) ' Rename the worksheet NewWorksheet.Name = "Added Worksheet" ' Place a title in the worksheet. NewWorksheet.Cells(1, 1) = "Sample Data" ' Add some headings. NewWorksheet.Cells(3, 1) = "Lable" NewWorksheet.Cells(3, 2) = "Data" NewWorkshe...

Exchange information store service stops responding every 2 hours
Running Exchange Server 5.5 SP4 on Windows NT 4.0 server. Two days ago at approximately 5:30PM, the information store stopped responding. We restarted the server and now the information store stops responding every 2 hours like clockwork as we have to reboot each time. We get an event ID 1220 when it stops and no mail is delivered. I also noticed another event ID 3027 from the internet mail service stating the inbound SMTP queue currently exceeds 4000 items. I have seen a Microsoft KB article 908979 that lists a hotfix for the information store stops responding periodically. Canno...

bitmaps #2
Hello, I am learning how to display bitmaps using vc ++ 6. I have been looking at alot of expamles and it seems as though most use the win api instead of mfc. Is there are reason for this? thanks bill ...

A CString question #2
Hi to all, Given the following: CString sTheString = "Hello world"; void UseTheString(CString s) { ... } Where UseTheString() is a function that takes a string as an argument. My questions are the following: 1. Is it rather better to use the below version of the function? If yes, why? void UseTheString(LPCTSTR s) { ... } 2. When can I substitute a CString with a LPCTSTR and vice versa? Thanks a lot, Geo Geo wrote: > Hi to all, > > Given the following: > > CString sTheString = "Hello world"; > void UseTheString(CString s) &...

PROPER
I need to change the info in a column. Right now it is all uppercase and I need for it to be like a PROPER name. I tried the PROPER function and that is not working. I need to do the complete column. I am a novice at excel. Please help If the data is in A1, =PROPER(A1) and copy down, Regards, "Annie B" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3b8e01c4a4be$c8587b80$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I need to change the info in a column. Right now it is > all uppercase and I need for it to be like a PROPER name. > I tried the PROPER function and that is...

f #2

Duration #2
I am working on some duration functions in Excel and I notice that exce will not compute the macaulay or modified duration if you have a numbe other than 1, 2, or 4 for the amount of payments per year. I wa interested in knowing if there is a way any of you have contrived t calculate duration for a bond, for instance, with montly payments ( frequency of 12). Thanks -- citizens1stban ----------------------------------------------------------------------- citizens1stbank's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2523 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.c...

debit cards #2
Some debit card transactions are posting multiple entries to my EDC Batch. Although the transaction appears to be only processed once at the POS, afterwards I notice that it is captured 2 or 3 times in the batch. (Note: although they all have approval codes, only one will have the card number). From my experience with the problem, it seems to occur when the tender screen is openned more than one time. And the reason we have to open the tender screen more than once could be because: 1. The customer misentered their pin, so we have to go back to the tender screen and reenter the amo...

Outlook Error Message #2
I keep getting "Outlook.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows" Can anyone please tell me why this is happening? ...

Excel -> Word #2
It's pretty strange - I couldn't find any example on the Net for this!? I hope my question is clear: How to create a macro that will b activated when the user (after filling his data in a spreadsheet row pushes a corresponding button of the row, and will open/create a Wor document which will contain all data from that row (+ some extr features). Thanks in advance! :rolleyes -- Ekse ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Ekser's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1140 View this thread: http://www.excelforum....

How do I add 2 "content" templates on 1 page?
I want to add the 'calendar' and also the 'response form' on the LAST page of my Publisher newsletter. When I go to the last page the page content options are reduced and I don't have the options to add a template (i.e. calendar and response form) like I did on the previous pages. How can I add these templates on the last page? Also, if I wanted to put these templates on another page it only allows me to do ONE of the templates (i.e. calendar) and not TWO templates. How can I do two, three, etc templates on ONE page? Also, how do I make the headings on the top of...

VLOOKUP paste #2
Hi Frank, Awesome job once again, works perfectly. Thanks Yours, Jean-Guy Canad -- pinmaste ----------------------------------------------------------------------- pinmaster's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=626 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27789 ...