Program search

Is there a program to calculate a total out of a list of numbers?  The
problem I am having is that I have one total on my bank statement, but
several numbers that might make up the total.  I need a program that will
make it easier for me to figure out what makes up the total
0
Gwen (13)

An example using solver

http://tinyurl.com/4u93n

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Gwen" wrote:

> Is there a program to calculate a total out of a list of numbers?  The
> problem I am having is that I have one total on my bank statement, but
> several numbers that might make up the total.  I need a program that will
> make it easier for me to figure out what makes up the total
0
PeoSjoblom (789)

Running another program
Is it possible to run another program from within excel? The software I use at work is very repetitive and requires the same key-sequences entered many times. I got a key logger to help automate this so now I just press one key and the key logger will play back the sequence I recorded. I now want to be able to call the key logger from excel with a parameter to automate things further. Excel has its own macro recorder. Why not use it? "Stephen Miller" <StephenMiller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:669A213C-F604-424D-A640-D90BEEDB83BC@mic...

Cannot Copy/Paste to some programs
I am using XP Home Edition and Word 2003 and Firefox browser. I find that, even though I can copy/pate between word.docs I cannot copy/paste to a Moonfruit website that I am building. I am in touch with moonfruit and it has them baffled. They are able to copy/paste to my website with no problem. I also find I cannot copy/Paste URLs from Firefox to IE browser. Any ideas? Thanks On 5 June, 15:45, Merryterry <ter...@fsmail.net> wrote: > I am using XP Home Edition and Word 2003 and Firefox browser. > > I find that, even though I can copy/pate between word.docs I ...

Searching old e-mails
My Outlook recently stopped searching e-mails dated prior to three weeks ago. The emails are still in the inbox, and I can access them manually - but every new search only looks back to the three weeks ago date, making it harder to look back at history. There was a malware issue that happened three weeks ago on my system, but everything is back up and running smoothly except this aspect of Outlook. Any ideas? Thanks -- eddymitch64 Using Outlook 2007? Check your pst-file for errors and rebuild the Search Index. For details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/47 -- ...

Communications Between Program and Controlling Program
Hi All, I'm looking for feedback on the best way to code communications between Programs. The architecture we are looking at is similar to Symantec AV or others - a control program sends messages to the worker program on a different machine. The worker program communicates back when complete (with a result), and gets another chunk of work. The messages will be small. What will be communicated is as follows: Control Program: Control Program Start Control Program Stop (Worker queues messages) Control Program sends a piece of work when requested Worker Program: Worker Program Start Worke...

Outlook 2010
I rebuilt outlook search index but still cannot search contacts. I can search inbox fine, but not contacts. Under search options, Outlook 2010 does not appear to allow you to select the folders you want to use for search, so maybe that is the issue. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you. Rod Its fixed. Seemed like I just needed to leave contacts view open for a period of time so it could index. "Rod" wrote: > I rebuilt outlook search index but still cannot search contacts. I can > search inbox fine, but not contacts. > > Under...

From Outlook 2010 to another program
Following a reply from Microsoft ("we know about your problem, we are working on it but currently we don't have a solution") I need to start using a different program until the problem is solved. O.S. is Seven, which is the best way to move all mails/accounts/contacts to something different? I read that Windows Live Mail doesn't import messages so I need to move to something out of Microsoft... -- /-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ T /-\ -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- - -=- >>>>> http://www.bb2002.it :) <<<<< ............ [ al lavoro ] ......

Unnecessary messages from the outlook program + ...
Hi there... When I've pressed "send and recieve" and waited... there are two messages from the program which I think should not be necessary and could be dispensed with possibly ?? Message 1. says, new mail has arrived would you like to read it now. Message 2. says, it has been moved. we know that the email messages that it's refering to are spam and have duly been put into the norton antispam folder... so why are these messages necessary and how do we configure to get rid of them. when I press "send and recieve" at the beginning I would like to see and read em...

Fatloss computer program
I have been using this computer program for a couple weeks now and i am very pleased with the results so far. its a software fatloss program, if your looking for a diet/weightloss plan i reccomend you check this place out first: http://fatloss9.50webs.com ...

multiple text boxes when pasting in text from other programs
When copying and pasting text from Outlook Express or other programs into a newly created text box, each paragraph is going into its own separate text box within the original text box. This did not happen in Publisher 2000. Is there a way to 'turn off' this automatic text box creation and allow an entire article to go in as pasted? Miss Mood wrote: > When copying and pasting text from Outlook Express or other programs > into a newly created text box, each paragraph is going into its own > separate text box within the original text box. This did not happen > in Publi...

Unable to run any programs
I have a serious problem on my PC and wondered if anyone had any ideas. I re-booted my PC and after it came back up there were no icons in the system tray. When I tried to run any program from my task bar or desktop the system displayed the window which asks which program you would like to use to open the file (even though the files are all exe). I can open Word, Excel, PPT by double clicking on a relevant file(.doc .ppt .xls). however I can't open Outlook by clicking on a .pst file. I also can't run things from the 'run" window (like regedit, ipconfig etc). Als...

Word 2007 menu option missing from start programs menu
Office 2007 is installed on my computer and can only be accessed by going to the Recent Documents option and opening an existing doc. The menu selection for the program is missing from the MS Office option in the Start/All Programs menu. All other Office programs are listed. How do I get the Office 2007 program option to appear in the program menu again? ...

Help: Outlook changes Outlook express mail program
I just installed Office 2003 and I use OE as my mail default client. For whatever reason every time I reboot the computer Microsoft changes all my OE icons to Outlook icons. When I open the program Outlook opens and not OE. Does anyone know how to permanently stop this ? Why is it doing that ? Thank you. Multiposted and answered in the other newsgroups where posted --=20 Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "car crash" <carcrash1@gmail.com> wrote in message = news:1175729373.53801...

Programming Word
I have programmed Excel and developed userforms. I can not figure out even after hours of reading through forums how to program a user form in word with listbox and combo boxes. I can not figure out sourcerow and controlsource sttings in the properties table. If have copied code for the DAO and C:|Test with no luck Is there a place where users upload examples of forms they produced? Any help would be fantastic. Hi, Here are some sources that should get you more than started making user forms in Word. Microsoft does provide some help for creating forms. For instructions...

Money Program #2
I want to close my Money 04 and install the newest money program. I want to be able to access either one when I need to. Can two seperate Money programs be installed and run. When I updated from Money03 to Money04 it over wrote the Money 03. I dont want that to happen. I want to be able to run both, but seperately. In microsoft.public.money, massengillsr wrote: >I want to close my Money 04 and install the newest money program. I want to >be able to access either one when I need to. Can two seperate Money programs >be installed and run. When I updated from Money03 to Money04 it...

display most frequently used programs in simple dialog
Hi guys, Could You please help me. I'm searching for an answer for a while now. "How can I read the list of most frequently used programs to display them in a simple dialog?" I've seen tons of freeware for customizing this list but I did not find any hint in MSDN, Google or newsgroups pointing me in the right direction to do this. THX so much. Mue > > Could You please help me. I'm searching for an answer for a while now. > > "How can I read the list of most frequently used programs to display > them in a simple dialog?" > What does it me...

internationalize program
Hi, I am writing an MFC program. I want to display some non-English characters (some EU countries) in a tree control. I have use _T macro before string. I also define _UNICODE macro. When compiling program, this error message pops up: "L is not an identifier". What does this message mean and how to fix it? Thanks in advance. >I am writing an MFC program. I want to display some non-English characters >(some EU countries) in a tree control. I have use _T macro before string. I >also define _UNICODE macro. When compiling program, this error message pops >up: >"L...

old program, new program Publisher
I have MS Publisher 2003 on computer, My son instaled MS publisher 2.0a from 1991-1993 now when I try to open anything I have done on 2003 the old program takes over and can not open the file. I haved looked for the older program to uninstall but all I can find is the 2003 program. Can someone please help?!!! two4ever2002 <two4ever2002@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have MS Publisher 2003 on computer, My son instaled MS publisher > 2.0a from 1991-1993 now when I try to open anything I have done on > 2003 the old program takes over and can no...

Searching the Dumpster for all Folders and Users #2
Hi Is there any way for an administrator to search all users dumpsters for deleted emails? Any advice would be much appreicated. Thanks B ...

program accessing email addresses?
When ever I start outlook 2002 (after installing the SP3 and all updates to current) I keep getting a box that pops up and ask me "A PROGRAM IS TRYING TO ACCESS E-MAIL ADDRESSES YOU HAVE STORED IN OUTLOOK. DO YOU WANT TO ALLOW THIS. IF THIS IS UNEXPECTED, IT MAY BE A VIRUS AND YOU SHOULD CHOOSE NO" Then there is a drop down menu in which I have to select 1-2-5-10 minutes for the program to access or my outlook wont work. I cant get rid of this. If you have anti-spam programs or anti-virus programs set to scan Outlook items, you need to visit the vendors to get an updated pro...

search excel for overpopulated cells
i suspect my excel sheet is running slow due to one or more cells being overpopulated. how do i search for cells with too many characters? You can't search by cell length, but you can use conditional formatting to highlight long cells. Select the cells you suspect of being too long and in Conditional Formatting, choose "use a formula", and enter something like: =len(a1)>100 Change the format to something bright, and cells with more than 100 characters will be highlighted. If your speed is suffering due to size, then this will probably make matters worse, ...

Is Multi-Sequence Search Selection Macro Possible?
Hi: This is the first time I am posting to this newsgroup and if it is not the right place for my question, please point me to the correct newsgroup. If I have three columns with a multiple sequences of numbers, separated by empty cells, is it programmatically possible to have a macro to select a specific pattern in the three columns that meet the following conditions: For example using columns R, S and T. In column S, find a vertical sequence of 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, that is followed by a vertical sequence of 1 through 13, directly to the left of column S, the next row down in column R, ...

no program is registered to open this program?
When I click on and web url, it brings up my explorer, not internet explorer. What happened? How can I change it back? When I do control, click, I get "no program is registered to open this program" Don Smith <dhsmith@bellsouth.net> wrote: > When I click on and web url, it brings up my explorer, not internet > explorer. What happened? How can I change it back? When I do > control, click, I get "no program is registered to open this program" Open IE and click Tools>Internet Options>Programs>Reset Web Settings -- Brian Tillman ...

Program Working in 2k with VM but not on the physical computer with 2k.
I am trying to get a windows 95/98 program to run on windows 2000. The program is called omega 6.0 and it uses a printer port dongle and it has a machine connected to it via the serial port. So what I did was use the Microsoft Virtual machine to run windows 2000 on my windows xp machine. I then installed omega and started the program and it said dongle not found. Which was odd because the dongle was plugged in and I know it works through windows 98 on VM. So to fix the dongle not found I used a dongle emulator and then I could get into the program. Except the program said the machine...

Programming for a living
I was wondering what is expected of a professional programmer? And whether I was up to the grade. I would like to start a career in programming but I would like the input of some people who are already in the trade. I really like programming and consider myself a pretty decent programmer. I have written a few large projects, one of about 6 months full time work and one of about 2 months by myself. My main worry is I am completely self-taught so I maybe good in some areas but completely lacking in areas I have never even thought of. I was wondering what separates the professional programmers fo...

Other Program Windows Keep Opening
I don't know how to remedy this problem. One of the computers in our office tends to open other program windows at random. Do you know what might cause this to happen. It seems to have an eradic cursor. Thanks for any suggestions you can make. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Tools Option General Delete anythign in the box labeled Alternative startup directory "Fran" <Fran.uqmiy@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Fra...