Profit maximising allocations

Hi all

First post here so PLEASE HELP a new boy

I have a project to complete. I need to find the best allocation of
planes to maximise profit

There are 6 routes & 6 types of plane (3 Boeing, 2 DCs, 1 Airbus)

Can Excel automatically calcualte the best allocation?

Each flight has fixed and variable crew costs & variable fuel costs

Thank you to anyone who can help me

Mark

--
mark_b2410
mark_b2410's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16848

see tools, solve

--
duan

duane's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1162
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=32039

Allocations by account
I have Money 2004. I have more than one account, each with several mutual funds. When displaying thesse funds, there is a "% Portfolio" column that shows the % of one fund relative to all funds from ALL accounts. However that's not what I want. I want to show the % of one fund relative to all funds from JUST THAT ACCOUNT. Can anyone point me in the right direction? TIA. In microsoft.public.money, fwvagabond wrote: >I have Money 2004. > >I have more than one account, each with several mutual funds. When >displaying thesse funds, there is a "% Portfolio&...

Sales Tax for Profit and Nont for profit customers
We are trying to setup tax schedules for our For Profit and NonProfit clients. Here is the breakdown of our tax areas: Here is a breakdown of how we handle sales tax based on a client basis. We also pay GRT taxes based on a cash basis. Tax ID > Tax Categories > >Client Tax Status > Product Tax > Service Tax NM-GRT > Tax on Product and Services > NM-GRT > Based on Customer> ? NM Non Profit > Tax on Services No Tax on Products > Non Tax > Based on Customer > ? NM Tribal > No tax on Product or Services > Non Tax > Based on Customer >...

profit margins
is there a way to view profit margins average for the day, week, month You will need a third party program to do this for you. "Victor" wrote: > is there a way to view profit margins average for the day, week, month There is a report, "Average Sales By Store" under downloads that provides what you are looking for. -- Jon Jeffress Cadence 120 Bicycle Works Mobile, AL "Victor" wrote: > is there a way to view profit margins average for the day, week, month ...

Dexterity
Does anyone know what the Dexterity functions/triggers are that I need to reference to allocate sales documents via code? I checked eConnect and there doesn't seem to be a schema to do this, so I was looking for another way. Thanks. I suggest using the Dexterity Debugger to log scripts during the allocation process so you can see what scripts are being run. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer - Great Plains Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions) http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics mailto...

552 Requested mail action aborted: exceeded storage allocation #2
A company is getting this error whenever they send email to my domain. I do not have any storage limits set nor am I having problems getting email from anywhere else. Any Ideas. Exchange 2003 sp1 on a 2003 server. In the last exciting episode, "Todd" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >A company is getting this error whenever they send email >to my domain. I do not have any storage limits set nor am >I having problems getting email from anywhere else. Any >Ideas. Exchange 2003 sp1 on a 2003 server. Improperly configured secondary Mx record? Hard t...

Cost/Price/Profit How does RMS compute profit margin?
Hello all, I have an item "X" that I sell for $20, and I buy it from one vendor for $5 and another vendor for $10, both of the vendors are in the supplier tab with their current price. I bought three for $5 and four for $10 this week. How does RMS calculate the profit margin for the one item of "X" that I sell today? Scott I started writing some long explaination of how RMS calculates cost then I thought to myself what the hell am I doing, so I deleted what I wrote and copied and pasted this explaination from the SO Online Help under the Inventory tab. You can get...

Non-Profit
Could anyone direct me to a place that I can purchase (or get donated) Publisher 2003? this is for Disabled American Veterans Chapter 57 in Dallas Tx. Thanks in advance John Baker Adjutant Dav Chapter 57 John Baker wrote: > Could anyone direct me to a place that I can purchase (or get donated) > Publisher 2003? > this is for Disabled American Veterans Chapter 57 in Dallas Tx. I'd start here if I were you: http://www.microsoft.com/about/corporatecitizenship/citizenship/giving/apply/ -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Profit % for Sale Price
Should add a Profit % when you reduce and Item, you can see the Margin % ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=18e8b6e9-668a-4991-953d-3c7dae5ee503&dg=microsof...

profit reports
Is there a way to do a budget report that also uses percentages to show actual & budget amounts as a percentage of sales? ...

% Profit
What formula do i use for trying to find %profit if cell A2 is cost price and B2 is Selling price Aquaboy P.S. Excel Beginne -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try (if you want the percentage based on your selling price) =(B2-A2)/B2 and format this cell as percentage -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > What formula do i use for trying to find %profit if > cell A2 is cost price and B2 is Selling price > > Aquaboy > > P.S. Excel Beginner > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

How to chart a profit & loss statement/Profitability analysis statement in Excel Charts
Hello All I want to chart a profit & loss statement / profitability analysis statement in Excel Chart. Essentially I have the numbers for the following in one of the Excel worksheet: ========================================= Gross Sales A sales & Admin Expenses B COGS (Cost of Goods Sold) C ========================================= Gross Profit D = A-B-C ========================================= Selling Expenses E General & Admin Expenses F ========================================= Total Expenses G = E + F ...

Allocating a value to text
I have a to work out a rota. A night shift is put down as an N and is 15 hours long. Day Shift D 10 hours long and L 5 hours long. I need to work out peoples hours. I don't know how to get excel to allocate a value to N, D & L so it can do a sum. FOR EXAMPLE: (I need a sum of hours worked in column H) A B C D E F G H 1 N N N Off Off Off 2 L L L D D Off 3 D D D Off Off Off 4 5 6 7 8 9 Many thanks Steve (A poor over worked Nurse!) Try this: =(COUNTIF(A1:E1,"n")*15)+(COUNTIF(A1:E1,"d")*10)+(COUNTIF(A1:E1,"...

Allocate funds for annual expenses
If I create an expense in my budget that is "yearly" for say, $1200. Money automatically translates that into $100 per month on my monthly budget. At first, I thought, that's cool, now I can make sure to earmark $100 every month so I actually have the $1200 sitting there when its due. But, as far as I can tell, Money doesn't have a way to earmark that $100 that month. In fact, if I don't spend that $100 on that budget category, Money tells me that I have underspent that category for the month. Then, when I pay the $1200 bill, it tells me that that I have overspent by ...

profit margin
any idea why there is a profit margin error when you run a report all ove the store it tells you you have a profit margin let say 20% on sales of $ 2000 & in another colom it tells you that your profit is $ 230 insted of $400 thanks maher almasri Could you be more specific about where you are seeing these results? Which columns and which reports? What filters are you applting? On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 09:19:01 -0700, maher almasri <maheralmasri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > any idea why there is a profit margin error > when you run a report all ove the stor...

Allocation Conflict
Hello, I have a DLL A that is called by DLL B. DLL A allocates memory and allows DLL B to reference it. When DLL B is finished, it tells DLL A to release the memory. However, when I run this in Boundschecker it says there is an allocation conflict. Memory was allocated in module MFC42D.DLL and freed in my DLL. Funny thing is, I call new in my DLL so why can't I call delete and delete [] where appropriate? Thanks, Could be that BoundsChecker is just confused. Are you getting memory leaks or access violations? Or, is this just an informational message? It shouldn't mat...

Tip Allocation 02-23-10
I need some help on entering transactions for directly tipped employees. I am on GP 10 and need to calculate tip allocation. I marked this setting in the Payroll Setup and entered 8%. When I process payroll it is not doing tip allocation. When entering tips received directly I am also entering the employees recorded receipts. When I read the knowledge base 865911 it says it is based on the total receipts of the company, but I don't know where you input total receipts as we only receive the total receipts for each individual employee. Any help is appreciated. ...

PO - Sales
Hello, Example: I've sold item (0 items in stock) to cusomter for 100$. Then I've baught this item from vendor (or make an adjustment in inventory) with price 50. I have 0 items in stock. When I go to this customer it showing that Cost: 0 Sales: 100. How can I manage it? Another example: 1 I created PO for 1 item with price 100$ 2 I received this item and post shipment receit which also show price 100$ 3 I sold this item for 200$... 4 Then I've got invoice and is showing that the cost was 50$ If I go to customer->summary button it will show that cost 100 and sales 200. I...

Profit & Loss Account Costs shown as a percentage of Sales
Does anyone know how I can enter a formular into an Excel Spreadsheet so that I can show all the costs as a percentage of Sales please There must be a way that one can drag the formula down the costs and show each cost as a percentage of sales Dritz Wrote: > Does anyone know how I can enter a formular into an Excel Spreadsheet so > that > I can show all the costs as a percentage of Sales please > > There must be a way that one can drag the formula down the costs and > show > each cost as a percentage of sales Hi Dritz Assuming Costs to be in column A and total sal...

800MB limit to static memory allocation call
I am using a large VC++ program that is presently severely limited when it makes a "static memory allocation call". In particular it seems that the largest chunk it can get is 800MB even though the ram on the XP computer is 2GB. Has anybody else observed this limit? thanks! In message <8ff79ce0.0404201314.3b71295c@posting.google.com>, picard <jeanluc_picard_66@hotmail.com> writes >I am using a large VC++ program that is presently severely limited >when it makes a "static memory allocation call". > >In particular it seems that the largest chunk it...

Gross Profit
I can find the transactional data for sales, but does this store Gross Profit for each sale, and if so where is this stored? Chris ...

INV Allocated quantities V10 MBR
In Item Quantities Maintenance window I have Allocated quantities. When opening the Item Allocation Inquiry window I can see the document. When trying to open the document, the following message appears: 'This document has been removed from Sales Order Processing' How I can clean up this allocated quantities. Check Links and Reconcile did not solve this issue. -- Toni Are you sure you reconciled properly. To clean up all allocation issues, you first need to reconcile SOP tables and then reconcile Inventory tables. This topic and other maintenance issues is covered in detail in ...

Splitting Profits
I am having problems devising a way to enter split profits in GP. For example Net Income is $100 for January and i want to split the profit 50/50 for our company and another company. What would be the correct way to enter this in GP. Much Appreciated, Matt Barran Matt, You will need to setup your retained earnings account as a fixed allocation account. For this you will need to have two retained earning accounts setup for each of the companies you mentioned, then you will need to go to the Fixed Allocation Maintenance window (Cards > Financial > Fixed Allocation) and setup...

PROFIT MADE BY CUSTOMER
ANY BODY CAN HELP IN CGRATING QUERY IN SQL SHOWING HOW MUCH MONEY I MADE ON EACH & SET THEIS NUMBER AS CUSTOMNUMBER FIELD SO THAT WHEN I RUN THE QUERY IT WILL UPDATE THE CUSTOM FIELD WHERE THE EMPLYEE CAN SEE HOW MUCH MONEY WE MAKE OF A CUSTOMER PLEASE I NEED THIS BAD -- maher almasri Maher I could use the same thing so I'm just going to add on to your post,if you don't mind. BUT...I would also like to see "cost" "profit" per line item as it is being entered into POS. Then totalled,but not printed on customer receipt. My customer wheel's and dea...

FRx Forecaster Allocations do not work #2
We recently installed FRx Forecaster to use with Great Plains and FRx. After inputting all of our budget data, we had our reseller set up some allocations for us. They do not work. We are trying to take the total expenses of several building cost center (that contain the costs to operate the building) to the cost centers have employees in those buildings. Next we are trying to allocate the total expenses of a few support cost centers (IT, Training) to all cost centers except the support, administration, and building cost centers. Then we are trying to allocate the total expenses of one ad...

Not-for-Profit Accounting
Has anyone out there used the features in the Not-for-Profit accounting? I am trying to put together a presentation to describe the differences between NFP and Project accounting and which would be best to implement. Can anyone help me describe the differences? ...