Problems with Page Margins

Hello all - this is my first posting here so I hope I provide enoug
information with regards to my question.  I have been using Excel fo
about 10 years.

Background:
I have used Excel (Office XP) to create pages that will be put into
journal.  I used Excel because, as many of you know, it is easier t
format text for use in forms (I.E. journal entries with check boxes
etc.)

There are roughly 10 different pages that are on individual worksheet
within the workbook. I have formatted the page size by using margi
settings to print out on (1) page. (I have not used forced pag
breaks)

Settings: TOP: 0.5 Left 0.5 Right 1.25 Bottom 1.0
(I am not using headers/footers - but they are set to 0.5)

PROBLEM:  Everything looks good on my PC - but when I send it to othe
people to review, the last few rows of most of the sheets are now o
page 2.

At first I thought this is a printer driver issue (and perhaps stil
is).
But then again, why would this be the case?  Excel spreadsheets ar
shared all over the world. I would thing this would be a pretty big bu
if people experienced this problem just because they had a differen
printer whether they are inkjets or lasers.

SOLUTIONS:
I do not want to use "fit to page" as this will change the size of som
sections that need to remain as they are.

Any thoughts on what may be going on here? What I want is to be able t
send this to ANYONE and have them print it out as I have designed i
without having to go in and adjust their margins.
Is this too much to ask? or am I missing something completely obvious?

Hopefully I was not too lengthy here - just want to provide enough inf
for you to post an informed conclusion.
Thanks for any input :)

You provided plenty of information, MC, which helps immensely.  Some posters
here say "Help! Excel doesn't work. What do I do?"

If all your end users need to do is print it out, you could use Adobe
Acrobat (or some other PDF generator) to create a PDF file.  It will then be
exactly as you want it printed out with no margin problems no matter where
you send it.

Otherwise, depending on how critical your margins are, you could reduce your
top and bottom margins to 0 and then check the box marked "Center
Vertically".  This will eliminate your problem, most likely.

Hope this helps,
Jamon

"mgc18" <mgc18.yk42a@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hello all - this is my first posting here so I hope I provide enough
> information with regards to my question.  I have been using Excel for
> about 10 years.
>
> Background:
> I have used Excel (Office XP) to create pages that will be put into a
> journal.  I used Excel because, as many of you know, it is easier to
> format text for use in forms (I.E. journal entries with check boxes,
> etc.)
>
> There are roughly 10 different pages that are on individual worksheets
> within the workbook. I have formatted the page size by using margin
> settings to print out on (1) page. (I have not used forced page
> breaks)
>
> Settings: TOP: 0.5 Left 0.5 Right 1.25 Bottom 1.0
> (I am not using headers/footers - but they are set to 0.5)
>
> PROBLEM:  Everything looks good on my PC - but when I send it to other
> people to review, the last few rows of most of the sheets are now on
> page 2.
>
> At first I thought this is a printer driver issue (and perhaps still
> is).
> But then again, why would this be the case?  Excel spreadsheets are
> shared all over the world. I would thing this would be a pretty big bug
> if people experienced this problem just because they had a different
> printer whether they are inkjets or lasers.
>
> SOLUTIONS:
> I do not want to use "fit to page" as this will change the size of some
> sections that need to remain as they are.
>
> Any thoughts on what may be going on here? What I want is to be able to
> send this to ANYONE and have them print it out as I have designed it
> without having to go in and adjust their margins.
> Is this too much to ask? or am I missing something completely obvious?
>
> Hopefully I was not too lengthy here - just want to provide enough info
> for you to post an informed conclusion.
> Thanks for any input :)
> MC
>

> ---

jamon51 (2)
12/17/2003 1:30:19 AM
I have always found that if I tweak the default margins or
change the page layout to landscape, or adjust scaling up
or down in page setup of print preview, I have to send
(separate) page setup instructions whenever I forward a
file via e-mail. This also happens when I save an excel
worksheet on a floppy and then open it with another
computer, it loses all of it's page setup formatting.

0
anonymous (74717)

Problem shortcuts in Word

Outlook 2003 PST problems

Problem with Authentication

calendar problem

problem #4

Page Numbering within Sections
I have a Word template document with 3 sections: The first section contains one page which is not numbered. The second section contains 3 pages which are automatically numbered via inserting Page x of y and then converting y to a SECTIONPAGES field resulting in Pages 1 of 4, 2 of 4, and 3 of 4. So all is good up to this point. However, the 4th and final page is in landscape format and thus becomes the third section, but is being numbered 4 of 1 even though the 1 is a SECTIONPAGES field and the section is linked to previous and is listed as "same as previous". ...

95 and 97 problem

sync problems

Date problem

Installation Problem!!

Office 2007 - HELP

Resource editor problems

Directory Replication Problem #2

Cell Format

outlook web access redirect problem

Problem after sorting

IF AND problem

Problem SHAppBarMessage
Hi, I am creating an application bar which shall be displayed always at the top of the screen to show the user certain alerts. I am using the commands SHAppBarMessage(ABM_NEW, &abd); SHAppBarMessage(ABM_QUERYPOS, &abd); SHAppBarMessage(ABM_SETPOS, &abd); SetWindowPos(NULL, abd.rc.left, abd.rc.top, abd.rc.right - abd.rc.left, iClientHeight, SWP_NOACTIVATE); Works fine. The problem begins, when I start moving the taskbar. I am catching the event OnSettingChange and my application bar is resizing/moving correctly. BUT: If the taskbar moves to the top and my application bar ...

Lookup() problem
I set up two lists, 200 employees names and 200 employee numbers. A couple of the numbers match the correct names but the rest of the numbers all pull the same employee name. =LOOKUP(C4,List!C4:C204,List!B4:B204) The first time I tried it seemed to pull the correct matching names and numbers then kabui it gets stuck. I tried deleting the entire lists cells and all and starting over but same thing. Anyone ever run into this before? Wayman Don't forget! When using Lookup(), the vector (second argument) must be sorted in ascending order. If it's not, you'll get what you ca...

Problem creating credit card account
When creating a Chase or Amazon.com credit cards I am having this happen to me when it creates the card and I can't figure out how to fix it so there is just one card showing. I attached a jpeg of what I am seeing. It's like it created multiple instances of the card and also show balances of my other cards. I am not sure if it is because these cards are associated with Chase or what. When I had it setup the online service for the card then that is when it creates the other instances. I hope someone can makes sence of this. Thanks! ...

Problems with CRichEditCtrl problems
Hi, I'd like to have some help regarding something I'm having an hard time figuring out. I'm develloping a chat programm where the Output window is a rich edit ctrl (I used CRichEditCtrl in one cases and CreateWindowEx(.."RichEdit"..) in the other one. I use StreamIn to stream in the chat information (since I want to use the rft format). I user \Par to perfrom line skipping, however, for some reason, on the computer of one of my user who's using Windows98, it doesn't not work and instand of seeing the text the way it should be (with the line skipping) the...