Problem with Conditional format deletion

I have the followint formula in a conditional format.
=ROW()=ROW(INDIRECT(CELL("address")))
I remember getting it from this group, it highlights the active cell in
yellow.
I cannot delete it and I believe it will not allow me to copy and paste
data about the spreadsheet.
I need to delete as I need to copy and paste more than I need the
active cell highlighted.

0
mark538 (36)

Hi
if you want to highlight always the active cell you need VBA. See:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/excelM.htm#HighlightActiveCell

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

<mark@southwestconst.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I have the followint formula in a conditional format.
> =ROW()=ROW(INDIRECT(CELL("address")))
> I remember getting it from this group, it highlights the active cell
in
> yellow.
> I cannot delete it and I believe it will not allow me to copy and
paste
> data about the spreadsheet.
> I need to delete as I need to copy and paste more than I need the
> active cell highlighted.

0
frank.kabel (11126)
12/6/2004 8:20:56 PM
Hi Mark,
To delete Conditional Formatting from all cells
Ctrl+A    to select all cells
Format,  Conditional Format,   Delete button
   Delete formats   1, 2, and 3

Pasting a format into another cell will copy the
format   and the conditional format is a format,  so that is a way
of adding or removing  conditonal formatting usually by accident.

If you want to delete some other C.F.  you probably want to
select the exact same selection as when you created the C.F.
that you want to delete.   Not so easy, and you may be better
off deleting all C.F. and starting over if you want some of the C.F.
---
HTH,

<mark@southwestconst.com> wrote in message news:1102362669.477548.8460@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> I have the followint formula in a conditional format.
> =ROW()=ROW(INDIRECT(CELL("address")))
> I remember getting it from this group, it highlights the active cell in
> yellow.
> I cannot delete it and I believe it will not allow me to copy and paste
> data about the spreadsheet.
> I need to delete as I need to copy and paste more than I need the
> active cell highlighted.

0
dmcritchie (2586)
12/7/2004 4:02:26 AM
Thanks David, I have tried that. As soon as I select a cell after
deleteing the CF, the cell turns yellow again and all cells have the
same CF again. I cannot find any VBA to match the Chip Pearson
Highlight Active Cell VBA macro.
What do I do now??

0
mark538 (36)

Problem shortcuts in Word

Outlook 2003 PST problems

Problem with Authentication

calendar problem

problem #4

format of emailed excel file
In excel 2003 when I email a a particulat worksheet in a workbook I lose all the formating when it is recieved in Outlook 2003. Is there anyway to preserve the excel "look"? Thnaks, Craig S ...

95 and 97 problem

Date problem

sync problems

Office 2007 - HELP

Installation Problem!!

custom format & saving
Is there a way to save this format type so I can use it in another workbook? The custom format only stays in the workbook it was created in. Also, how do I create a format for something like 12-34-5F or 12-34-56? 00-00-00 works if all digits but won't work in the first example. @@-@@-@@ just repeats everything nor does @-@-@ work. Thanks! Unfortunately, I think the best way for you to do this is to enter it as text. (put a hyphen before your entry) "kdw" wrote: > Is there a way to save this format type so I can use it in another workbook? > The custom format onl...

Resource editor problems

Directory Replication Problem #2

Cell Format

Deleted Journals from SQL
I use RMS 2.0 with 2005 Express server, the data reached upto 169 MB 100% used I deleted Journals befor Dec 31,07 as DELETE Journal where time < getdate()-377, Ran the query on my database, which worked fine. However, it made the database size nearly 36 MB more available space. Then I ran the ShrinkDatabase script dbcc shrinkdatabase (MyDatabaseName) but it went back to roughly the same size again Size: 145Mb Space Available: 6.43 Mb Usage: 89% I run again DELETE Journal & then ShrinkDatabase script but available space went back to less space Size: 145Mb Space Available: 3.54Mb ...

outlook web access redirect problem

Problem after sorting

IF AND problem

Find/Replace changing cell format, googled solutions don't seem to help
Okay, I want you to know I usually try to do my best in terms of searching for solutions and experimenting before posting, but this one is eluding all my attempts. Using Excel 2000, but same thing happens in 2003: I have a column of cells with text in it, all of them like this: 10 to 12 11 to 15 I wanted to replace the " to " (space, the word "to, and another space) with a dash, leaving this: 10-12 11-15 I tried a find/replace, which Excel assumed was wanting dates. Thus, when I did the replace, Excel would show: 10-December in the cell and 12/10/2007 in the formu...

how to set default commission options and default barcode format?
this could easily be scripted into a trigger, but is there a add-in already available? thanks -- Eddie B ...