problem opening workbook in Joseph Rubin's new book

Just bought the Financial Statements e-book.  When I unzip the file an
try to open financial statements.xls the following happens:
Book1.xls opens
then, I'm asked whether I want to permit macros
Whether I answer "yes" or "no", i get a Microsoft Visual basic erro
msg:  "file format no longer supported"

I have Excel97, and Windows 98.  Both products are current as t
software patches and fixes.

Help

I don't own this, but maybe you could get another copy of the workbook:

http://www.exceltip.com/pl-fs_sample_files

It opened ok for me in xl2002.  And xl97 through xl2003 share the same file
format.

(I'm guessing that the file got damaged in the ether!)

"ryalmokas <" wrote:

> Just bought the Financial Statements e-book.  When I unzip the file and
> try to open financial statements.xls the following happens:
> Book1.xls opens
> then, I'm asked whether I want to permit macros
> Whether I answer "yes" or "no", i get a Microsoft Visual basic error
> msg:  "file format no longer supported"
>
> I have Excel97, and Windows 98.  Both products are current as to
> software patches and fixes.
>
> Help!
>
> ---

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)
1/26/2004 11:31:04 PM
Thank you for the link,  I downloaded the zipped file, extracted the
workbook, and tried to open it.  I got the same 'file fornat no longer
supported" error message.

---

I just tried it again and it worked ok for me.

Any chance you can try it on another pc?

"ryalmokas <" wrote:

> Thank you for the link,  I downloaded the zipped file, extracted the
> workbook, and tried to open it.  I got the same 'file fornat no longer
> supported" error message.
>
> ---

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)

Problem shortcuts in Word

Outlook 2003 PST problems

Outlook 2007 and Windows 7
After installing Office 2007 on Windows 7 machine, I get no new mail sound, pop up notifications or the new unread mail icon in task bar. Every thing else seems to work fine. Any hints? are the icons in the overflow? -- -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What v...

Problem with Authentication

calendar problem

problem #4

95 and 97 problem

Date problem

sync problems

error opening Outlook #4
I just installed Office XP standard onto a new Sony laptop running XP Pro. All other Office programs work fine except for Outlook. When Outlook opens it stays open for just a few seconds and then closes. Next time I try to open it I get a "safe mode" message but it still does not open. I have installed, unistalled and reinstalled. I have booted and rebooted. Your thoughts? Try a new mail profile. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. Af...

Extender-Create a new data entry window
Is it possible to create a new extender form or window (not sure of the terminology) to enter data into Dynamics? Specifically the Sales Forecast Window in Manufacturing is terrible for entering data, everytime you move to the right, it the scrolling window jumps back to the top and you have to find the item again. Anyway, I would like a new window to enter a sales forecast, is this possible? thanks -- Doug Unfortunately Extender data is stored in Extender tables and cannot be stored in the Sales Forecast tables. I agree with you that the data entry screen is horrible. I am tal...

Office 2007 - HELP

Installation Problem!!

Resource editor problems

Outlook won't open after reinstalling it after installing Windows
My computer crashed. I installed Windows 7, and then reinstalled Office 2007. Outlook will not open. Any suggestions? Margye Hixson Suggest providing information. Include what you did, what happened and any and all error messages. Be detailed as if we weren't there and don't know what happened. -- Russ Valentine "Margye" <Margye@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F85CAAC-2042-4CAB-A329-EF6B3A682189@microsoft.com... > My computer crashed. I installed Windows 7, and then reinstalled Office > 2007. > Outlook will not open....

Directory Replication Problem #2

Cell Format

Adjusting Opening Balance
Hi After we ran year-end process in GL module (GP 8.0), we realized that one account was incorrectly marked as posting type=balance sheet instead of Profit and Loss. The account now has an opening balance for the transaction posted in the previous year. How can I adjust the Opening Balance to show $0.00? Thanks KB Article # 864913 on CustomerSource goes through the steps to fix this in some detail. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "Lak_Sobti" <LakSobti@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65BB6EEE-89C5-4CCF-8315-6CB90AB808CF@mi...

outlook web access redirect problem

Can NOT install on new Win 7 machine
This is a new one for me. But for 2 days I have been trying to get Windows Live Mail to install on a new Win 7 computer. I just keep getting weird error messages. I have installed this programs many times on many computers, and never had this happen before...I get errors like these: hr:0x80040005 another time I got hr:0x80070003 . I get something similar every time. I have tried using the Microsoft Installer Uninstall cleanup Utility I have turned OFF the firewall when installing I have tried selecting only the mail or other things...it doesn't seem to matter... HELP!!! T ...

Problem after sorting