Problem opening Excel documents

Hi, all of a sudden on pne PC on our small network I have a problem opening
Word and Excel Documents. For this user files are kept in a folder called
Private on a Windows 2000 Pro PC. Access to this folder is denied to anyone
apart from this user.

This has been working ok for over a year since we put the Win2000Pro Pc on
the network, but today everytimg he opens an old Excel SS he gets the
message "file **** is being modified by 'the user' open as read only or
chose notify'

Has anyone got a clue why this should happen all of a sudden?

List of DDE commands for Excel
Hi, I wont to send some commands from my application to Excel via DDE. Fo example : to select specific sheet in the excel workbook I use nex command - [WORKBOOK.SELECT("sheet-name")]. But I can't find the list of all these commands. Please help me -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you have a look in the object browser in the excel visual basi editor it will have a list of the VB commands excel will accept and i you hit F1 on them it will tell you what they do and usually giv syntax. Dunca -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com 2 DNF Karran Th...

Problem shortcuts in Word

Outlook 2003 PST problems

Excel copy and paste #2
Excel 2000 1) there are times when I can only paste values and not formulas from one workbook to another even though I am using Edit/Copy and Edit/Paste process. 2) there are times when I cannot copy and paste between workbooks launched from Edit/Copy, Edit/paste, or CTRL C, CTRL V or from shortcut menu. The only way is to use the clipboard which does not copy formulas. we have referred to 209338 and 209284 but the stated solution doesn't always work. ...

Problem with Authentication

Still need help
Here's my last dialogue. I'm still unable to clear a cell upon Close Thanks FSt1 ! I'm a novice and need further clarification. The subroutine did not run as I received the Macro Disabled message. I clicked OK, and next time I opened the workbook, I didn't get the Macro Warning, but the subroutine apparently didn't run as the chosen cells were not blank. I don't want people who use my workbook to have to deal with macro warnings. Is this something that must be set on each user's computer, or can I set it in my workbook so the subroutine automati...

calendar problem

How do I assign X = the value of 1 in a cell in Excell 2003?
How do I assign X = the value of 1 in a cell in Excell 2003? That need some explaining. Excel genially goes use variables but rather uses cell references. Cells can be given names (such as x) but it is not required. Tell use more about what you wish to accomplish best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "Givens" <Givens@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4ACE70A4-D4EC-4B79-8552-B7BA11BE9B38@microsoft.com... > How do I assign X = the value of 1 in a cell in Excell 2003? Put a 1 into any cell - let'...

format of emailed excel file
In excel 2003 when I email a a particulat worksheet in a workbook I lose all the formating when it is recieved in Outlook 2003. Is there anyway to preserve the excel "look"? Thnaks, Craig S ...

problem #4

95 and 97 problem

Need to change Autofilters behaviour in Excel 2003
Hello, Does anybody knows how to change the color of the triangle arrow on the column titles of autofilter ranges? Presently, when a filter is put on one column, the arrow for this column is changed from black to very dark blue. I need to change this color, so that this becomes more visible. At our office, my boss cannot make any difference between these two colors. This is a problem for daily work. Thanks in advance for any help. Bertrand from Tokyo, Japan see response to your earlier posting -- Regards Roger Govier Bertrand wrote: > Hello, > > Does any...

sync problems

AS400 transfer into Excel 07
When I run the "transfer from AS400" I get to the final process where its pulling the data into excel, excel crashes with a fatal error. Any help.... This is the same issue I am having. see KB933666. I installed Office 2003 service Pack 3 on all my office machines and the new service pack features security fixes that block all *.wk4 files. This is the same patch that has been applied to Office 2007. This is the format, I think your are exporting out of the AS400. If it is, I would uninstall office 2007, make sure the folder is deleted then reinstall Office 2007 after a reb...

Date problem

error opening Outlook #4
I just installed Office XP standard onto a new Sony laptop running XP Pro. All other Office programs work fine except for Outlook. When Outlook opens it stays open for just a few seconds and then closes. Next time I try to open it I get a "safe mode" message but it still does not open. I have installed, unistalled and reinstalled. I have booted and rebooted. Your thoughts? Try a new mail profile. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. Af...

Office 2007 - HELP

Installation Problem!!

Resource editor problems

Directory Replication Problem #2

Outlook won't open after reinstalling it after installing Windows
My computer crashed. I installed Windows 7, and then reinstalled Office 2007. Outlook will not open. Any suggestions? Margye Hixson Suggest providing information. Include what you did, what happened and any and all error messages. Be detailed as if we weren't there and don't know what happened. -- Russ Valentine "Margye" <Margye@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F85CAAC-2042-4CAB-A329-EF6B3A682189@microsoft.com... > My computer crashed. I installed Windows 7, and then reinstalled Office > 2007. > Outlook will not open....

Excel
Hi! I have an Excel sheet were I have a few formulas. When the sheet is empty of numbers the formula return the value #DIV/O! I would like to know how I can hide this text - it does not look neat. I want the formula to be there; but to show as empty. I have tried to use conditional formatting which does hide the formula - but it then also hides the result when I actually put numbers into the sheet. Kathrine, Norway Kathrine, Did you use a formula in CF, such as =ISERROR(A1) You could also change your formula to =IF(ISERROR(the_formula),"", the_formula) -- HTH RP (re...